tyrant666

Would An NES Mode Have Been More Popular Than The Regular Mode?

Think about it.

Just imagine in fairy tale land where there was no lawsuit and the devs actually put the effort into a separate mode.

What if the enemies from the NES Game were actually involved in multiplayer as AI only?

Pretend these devs could code properly for a second.

What if the counselors had to deal with more than just Jason? What if the crows, wolves and zombies from the NES game were there as well to give counselors additional hazards? I was thinking about this while looking at that Resident Evil Project Resistance gameplay. Only instead of Jason controlling everything like the Mastermind does, the AI just does its own thing?

What if every time the counselors went for the sweater, Pamela's head would go all Madusa on them and chase them and attack them until killed?

Some might say well these sort of things might've been neat as standalone ideas to make an NES map stand out by itself, but I think as gameplay overall. It could've been neat as its own mode.

Making things far more chaotic for counselor and the timer being on their side would actually be earned in such a mode.

Maybe as a balance, Jason's rage mode would be like it was at launch. Only cooldowns and a door bursting mechanic.

Each of the AI Enemies would have their own Pros and Cons.

Zombies

+ Can Break Down Doors In Groups

+ Can Grab Counselors Out Of Cars

- Slow As Hell

- Can't Go In The Water

Crows

+ Fast

+ Can Attack Counselors On The Boat

- One Hit Kills From Any Weapon

- Only Spawn In The Woods And Near The Shoreline

Wolves

+ Fast

+ Every Bite Causes Limp Damage Immediately

- Can't Break Down Doors

- Can't Go In The Water

Pamela Head (Madusa)

+ Fast

+ Can Only Be Killed By A Torch (New Counselor Weapon)

- Doesn't Do Much Damage

- Can't Go Over The Water

In such a mode, maybe the sweater would offer more damage resistance like in the NES game.

I would play the hell out of this mode, but I can definitely see purists steering clear of such a mode and if this were made as an NES map exclusive. People would just still spam Packacrap Small.

• Like 1

oh yeaaah id love that mode. id like it if the zombies were controlled by dead players. i think a real 8-bit blocky version of jason would be really scary loooking too.

it would go over incredibly well.

• Thanks 1

I might be in the minority but I think it would be absolutely stupid to incorporate NES game stuff into this game, or even remastering the NES game. 

I remember playing the game as a kid, and the crows and zombies make even less sense today than they did back then.  Pamelas head flying around like Medusa was stupid too. 

It's like someone got the rights for the franchise and then never actually watched a movie and put a bunch of nonsensical BS into video game form.

• Like 1

It sounds like it could have been a blast, provided it was implemented the right way.

Ideas like these could have kept the game going a lot longer, if they had made it in before the lawsuit kicked in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Using the bots for zombies would be easy asf tbh. They're pretty stupid anyway.

10 hours ago, Fair Play said:

It sounds like it could have been a blast, provided it was implemented the right way.

Ideas like these could have kept the game going a lot longer, if they had made it in before the lawsuit kicked in.

True

On 12/17/2019 at 3:24 PM, SirMang said:

I might be in the minority but I think it would be absolutely stupid to incorporate NES game stuff into this game, or even remastering the NES game. 

I remember playing the game as a kid, and the crows and zombies make even less sense today than they did back then.  Pamelas head flying around like Medusa was stupid too. 

It's like someone got the rights for the franchise and then never actually watched a movie and put a bunch of nonsensical BS into video game form.

Also true

But it was still cool at the time

I actually like the NES game, so I definitely would've been behind this. Also wish we would've gotten that NES map and 8-bit Jason would've undergone the rework they were, at one time, looking to do. A soundtrack more akin to the old game would've been cool too. The one they went with really isn't anywhere close to it.