CrazyXBOXJason

Xbox One dedicated servers DOWN 12/14 &12/15?!? (So far...)

So dedicated servers have been unavailable ALL of Saturday 12/14 and still at this time Sunday 12/15 for Xbox One.  You see "checking session for room" which immediately changes to "Search cooldown" about every 15 seconds, up to about 3 minutes, then you get put in a peer to peer lobby.  Pings are generally 100-250 at average best.  Just before creating this topic, I lost connection to a game where I finally got a Jason turn.  So because nobody is fixing the server issue, I just lost out on achievement progress for my single remaining achievement, 1000 online Jason matches...  This length of time with no maintenance progress is UNACCEPTABLE.  This game is hot mess of bugs even with dedicated servers smh

• Sad 1

Servers are STILL down... now 9am Monday morning, just jumped on after getting home from 3rd shift job.  When is this lunacy gonna be fixed!?! Smh at this game's utter lack of support

Should of figured when they added Double XP that they’d break something ...  

give it a few months, they will fix it & break something else in the process. 

COMPLETLY UNACCEPTABLE.

4 minutes ago, BlkHawk said:

COMPLETLY UNACCEPTABLE.

Seeing as you are not their employer nor do you sign their paychecks, comments like that are pointless and unnecessary.

@CrazyXBOXJason, They stated on Twitter that they know there is an issue and are working to resolve it. I haven't seen an update since they announced acknowledgment.

56 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Seeing as you are not their employer nor do you sign their paychecks, comments like that are pointless and unnecessary.

@CrazyXBOXJason, They stated on Twitter that they know there is an issue and are working to resolve it. I haven't seen an update since they announced acknowledgment.

what does being their employer or signing their paychecks have to do with it?
When I pay for something I expect it to work/function properly or at the very LEAST fix it in a timely manner. The condition this game is left in for months/year at a time IS unacceptable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

These comments are unnecessary if we were talking about only 12-24 HOURS of dedicated servers being down.  We are going on 3+ DAYS now!  These comments are by this point very much justified 

3 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

what does being their employer or signing their paychecks have to do with it?
When I pay for something I expect it to work/function properly or at the very LEAST fix it in a timely manner. The condition this game is left in for months/year at a time IS unacceptable.

The entitlement of some people, geez.

We all payed for this game, you aren't part of some exclusive bunch. They have stated that they are working on the problems. The team that is working on the problems isn't the original coders of the game. They were the fortunate group that inherited someone else's mess. The game is still playable in it's current state, with the exception of the server issues for the past few days on Xbox that they have said they are working on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrazyXBOXJason said:

These comments are unnecessary if we were talking about only 12-24 HOURS of dedicated servers being down.  We are going on 3+ DAYS now!  These comments are by this point very much justified 

You must not have been playing long. There have been some players that had to endure several months of server down time.

THEY SAID THEY ARE WORKING ON THE PROBLEM. It's not a magic light switch that they can just turn on.

1 minute ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

You must not have been playing long. There have been some players that had to endure several months of server down time.

THEY SAID THEY ARE WORKING ON THE PROBLEM. It's not a magic light switch that they can just turn on.

I got the game around Halloween 2018, have been level 150 for about 9 months now, play mostly every day (at least a few matches)  I have held my tounge thus far about nuisance bugs like randomized counselors/Jason in matches and now the constant environment kill glitches.  But going from 30 secs to over 5 minutes to even get a lobby, plus the terrible ping rates and host disconnections dumping you out to title screen, I got a little aggravated at my weekend plans of some long gaming sessions being ruined.  And major server downtimes are generally a matter in EU, AU and other foreign countries, not NORTH AMERICA for crying out loud! The only achievement I have left is for ONLINE  Jason matches, matches that have to actually be completed.  With P2P lobbies only RN that is close to impossible to achieve, so forgive me for being grumpy about it

3 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

The entitlement of some people, geez.

We all payed for this game, you aren't part of some exclusive bunch. They have stated that they are working on the problems. The team that is working on the problems isn't the original coders of the game. They were the fortunate group that inherited someone else's mess. The game is still playable in it's current state, with the exception of the server issues for the past few days on Xbox that they have said they are working on.

Yes, I’m very entitled, I paid for this entitlement. Thank you for clearing up that I’m not the only person in existence to pay for this game, it’s much appreciated. 
It’s beyond me why anyone would defend the laziness exhibited by this company. If they can sell the product they should be able to fix it. Simple.

The game is still playable? I guess if you are being SUPER technical about it. It’s certainly not playable in the way people intended on playing it, that’s for sure.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BlkHawk said:

Yes, I’m very entitled, I paid for this entitlement. Thank you for clearing up that I’m not the only person in existence to pay for this game, it’s much appreciated. 
It’s beyond me why anyone would defend the laziness exhibited by this company. If they can sell the product they should be able to fix it. Simple.

The game is still playable? I guess if you are being SUPER technical about it. It’s certainly not playable in the way people intended on playing it, that’s for sure.

I'm EXTREMELY glad I got this game for free from XBL Gold Halloween 2018! If I'd spent more than the $12 or so I have for DLC I'd be FAR more angry at the ludicrously buggy state of the game after OVER 2 YEARS...  And the fact that the game is now in the hands of a new development team that has to learn the game's designs as they make patches is VERY concerning.  I feel that this game can only maintain it's current state at best, but more than likely it will decline into a deeper mess of bugs and engine glitches.  I love this game (to play as Jason, playing counselors is just ASS) but I feel I need to wean off of it and be ready to move on once that dark future comes.

9 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

Yes, I’m very entitled, I paid for this entitlement. You're entitled to nothing. You paid for a game, not a service. The game is still playable, maybe not the way you want it to be, but playable nonetheless. Thank you for clearing up that I’m not the only person in existence to pay for this game, it’s much appreciated. No problem.
It’s beyond me why anyone would defend the laziness exhibited by this company. I'm not defending anyone. But I highly doubt the problems with this game is due to laziness. Maybe more along the lines of trying to take on too big of a project for what they were capable of?  If they can sell the product they should be able to fix it. They are trying. Simple. Apparently not.

The game is still playable? Yes.  I guess if you are being SUPER technical about it. Not technical, just a fact.  It’s certainly not playable in the way people intended on playing it, that’s for sure. What people are you referring to? The game plays pretty much like it should. Counselors try to escape, Jason tries to kill. If the game is so disappointing to you, try stepping away from it and revisiting it after the next update. 

18 hours ago, Deano78 said:

Any update? Struggling to get into a game still. 

if it helps you or anybody else, ive been letting timer look for a match for 3 minutes 30 seconds & its been working consistant. your other option is to create a post on xbox multiplayer looking for group & host a privite match. thats worked best for me. 

2 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

if it helps you or anybody else, ive been letting timer look for a match for 3 minutes 30 seconds & its been working consistant. your other option is to create a post on xbox multiplayer looking for group & host a privite match. thats worked best for me. 

Fuck yes. I just let the server search wo cancelling  and would leave the room sometimes to come back and find myself as Jason w my shift ability half full. But after four games I found 7 people w mics and hosted a private lobby for 5 hrs. It was so chill. Especially since all of us were over 30 w jobs and families. No dumb shit. 

10 hours ago, NickersLarge said:

Fuck yes. I just let the server search wo cancelling  and would leave the room sometimes to come back and find myself as Jason w my shift ability half full. But after four games I found 7 people w mics and hosted a private lobby for 5 hrs. It was so chill. Especially since all of us were over 30 w jobs and families. No dumb shit. 

hell yeaah, glad to hear downed servers arent standing in the way of a killer time.