6 hours ago, SirMang said:

From what I noticed, the problems with the car didn't start until they "fixed" counselors from being hit inside with knives.

Once they "fixed" that, the knives instead apparently damaged the cars. 

I don't know what started the whole being able to hit people in the cars with throwing knives issue however. 

Yeah I think that was around the same time as the kill box on the roof. I do know there's a lip on the windshield hit box that extends above the car a Little. That's why you have to arc the knives in from the front. You have to clear that lip or it doesn't go boom.

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@Summerofheat, could you tone it down just a bit brother.

You don't have to yell. Geesh...

Just now, PackASnack_Lodge said:

Well it has been said that the Throwing knife exploit isn't a reproduction issue well I have seen it easily replicated. I have 2 new videos of it happening.

Throwing Knife Example 1

Throwing Knife Example 2

Lies. All lies. I can do it every single time. You just have to stand back a bit and arc it in.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Yeah I think that was around the same time as the kill box on the roof. I do know there's a lip on the windshield hit box that extends above the car a Little. That's why you have to arc the knives in from the front. You have to clear that lip or it doesn't go boom.

You don't have to yell. Geesh...

Lies. All lies. I can do it every single time. You just have to stand back a bit and arc it in.

I know it can be replicated easily, I tested it out in private matches and it always works. I lost count of the times I have had Jason's in Qp matches do it when the cars get repaired and started.

2 minutes ago, PackASnack_Lodge said:

I know it can be replicated easily, I tested it out in private matches and it always works. I lost count of the times I have had Jason's in Qp matches do it when the cars get repaired and started.

Hopefully that's the next priority fix after the environmental kills.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

They said it isn't top priority so I don't know if and when it may even be fixed.

2 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Doubt it.

Matt said it's not a 100% reproduction.

Therefore, they apparently have no idea how to do it with frequency, thus they can't make a fix for it without knowing what exactly causes it. 

At this point I think knifing the car into oblivion will exist for the life of the game. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Doubt it.

Matt said it's not a 100% reproduction.

Therefore, they apparently have no idea how to do it with frequency, thus they can't make a fix for it without knowing what exactly causes it. 

At this point I think knifing the car into oblivion will exist for the life of the game. 

I agree

2 minutes ago, PackASnack_Lodge said:

They said it isn't too priority so I don't know if and when it may even be fixed.

I hope it is still possible by the time the attempts for fixes come to an end, after the "priority" bugs are fixed.

Just now, SirMang said:

I don't normally like to hope people are wrong. In this case, I hope you are wrong, but am prepared if you aren't.

If it does end up staying in the game, people will learn to cope with it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PackASnack_Lodge said:

Yeah I go for the kill if a Jason does it to me. I find it annoying if I go to the trouble to fix a car and the Jason puts it through the map because he doesn't have the skill to stop it.

3 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I hope it is still possible by the time the attempts for fixes come to an end, after the "priority" bugs are fixed.

I don't normally like to hope people are wrong. In this case, I hope you are wrong, but am prepared if you aren't.

Yeah I think it's probably a matter of how much time it would take to fix. The environmental glitch is probably bad enough. I doubt they have more than a few people working on fixing anything with the game at this point.

3 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Cute.

Thanks. Didn't know you were still here...😂

On 12/12/2019 at 5:27 PM, mattshotcha said:

We'll have details on the next patch early next week.

Sometimes things just don't work out the way they should.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Thanks. Didn't know you were still here...

I never left. Just taking my own advice and managing my own disappointment.

note.PNG

That was Monday, and until we have concrete patch notes, that's all the details we have to share at this time. While I didn't create a separate post, because tentative and incomplete notes is not worthy of a Patch Notes post, I did share what is on the slate in this very thread.

13 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I hope I am wrong myself.  

I've adapted.  I just don't bother with the car anymore because it's utterly pointless. 

I've seen one car in the past 40 games I've played actually escape.  In those 40 games I've seen about 60 cars be destroyed.  People obviously don't adapt.  They see one car destroyed and try to get the other car going anyway.  Probably because the cars are never trapped anymore, I know I don't bother trapping them.  My next paragraph will point out why. 

I played 4 games last night.  3 of them that car got going.  2 they were knifed to oblivion.  1 I was Jason and morphed near it when it started.  I got there, and there was no car in sight.  Why?  Oh because my morph sent it to oblivion.  I killed the rest of the lobby, the person who was in the car apparently quit and after the last person was dead the game decided that it wasn't over.  I was playing with a friend in the lobby and he quit out, we get to the main menu and I was like how much time was left?  He told me 8 minutes. I was annoyed, at first, about losing a Jason match but I understood why he left because 8 minutes left of nothing?  Ugh.  Boring. 

But this doesn't contribute to making the game barely playable and it's not easily reproduced.  

I don't understand why I'm getting hate for pointing out facts. With the limited time and resources they have left for this game, I get where the priorities are and I cannot agree more. Fixing bugs, stopping the cars from flying (which btw is a 100% reproduction) is def a priority.

All I'm saying is, it's actually dumb that just about all Jason's get get their mask off with 2 heavy hits. It doesn't matter how you do it, that's all it takes. By Matt telling us the whole community doesn't feel that way, I feel like he himself doesn't see how easy it really is. There are no perks needed, why cannot they just load up a private matches and test themselves? And Rage only makes it weaker.

If the Jason's are getting their mask off taken within 2-4 mins of the game By 2 hits, then what difference what it would really make if they made that to 4.

It is whatever though, I don't expect anything but it's a bit ignorant to just ignore the facts. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

I hope I am wrong myself.  

I've adapted.  I just don't bother with the car anymore because it's utterly pointless. 

I've seen one car in the past 40 games I've played actually escape.  In those 40 games I've seen about 60 cars be destroyed.  People obviously don't adapt.  They see one car destroyed and try to get the other car going anyway.  Probably because the cars are never trapped anymore, I know I don't bother trapping them.  My next paragraph will point out why. 

I played 4 games last night.  3 of them that car got going.  2 they were knifed to oblivion.  1 I was Jason and morphed near it when it started.  I got there, and there was no car in sight.  Why?  Oh because my morph sent it to oblivion.  I killed the rest of the lobby, the person who was in the car apparently quit and after the last person was dead the game decided that it wasn't over.  I was playing with a friend in the lobby and he quit out, we get to the main menu and I was like how much time was left?  He told me 8 minutes. I was annoyed, at first, about losing a Jason match but I understood why he left because 8 minutes left of nothing?  Ugh.  Boring. 

But this doesn't contribute to making the game barely playable and it's not easily reproduced.  

The car seems pointless to many people, but not everyone has given up on it. There are some Jason players who don't use the cheap tactic of disabling the car. I see it about 5% myself, but I know each player's experience may vary.

32 minutes ago, Summerofheat said:

I don't understand why I'm getting hate for pointing out facts. With the limited time and resources they have left for this game, I get where the priorities are and I cannot agree more. Fixing bugs, stopping the cars from flying (which btw is a 100% reproduction) is def a priority.

Is it in how you point out the facts? The way one says things on here has a bearing on how it is received, and responded to.

All I'm saying is, it's actually dumb that just about all Jason's get get their mask off with 2 heavy hits. It doesn't matter how you do it, that's all it takes. By Matt telling us the whole community doesn't feel that way, I feel like he himself doesn't see how easy it really is. There are no perks needed, why cannot they just load up a private matches and test themselves? And Rage only makes it weaker.

Dumb or not, it doesn't seem likely to ever change. I hope some changes are made, but I won't hold my breath.

If the Jason's are getting their mask off taken within 2-4 mins of the game By 2 hits, then what difference what it would really make if they made that to 4.

It probably wouldn't made too much of a difference. A revamp of the mechanics would have been nice, but that's not happening.

• Like 2

On 12/13/2019 at 6:09 PM, SirMang said:

@mattshotcha

The game barely being playable is not hyperbole. 

One of the methods for a counselor victory is bugged to the point Jason can just throw one knife at the car and completely eliminate it.  He can also just morph near the car and have the same affect happen.  So if you're on a map with 2 cars, you have one method of escape left, the police. 

Environmental kills being bugged out where counselors can escape a door smash kill, run around the map, then escape to the cops causing the round to sit there until the full 20 minutes of the round has ended is not hyperbole.  You're literally stuck there just waiting for the round to end if you want the XP/CP. 

This doesn't even take into account counselors teleporting using combat stance.  Sometimes getting interaction locked on the Tommy CB where the camera won't come off the radio, but you can't interact with it again and Tommy was never called in the process.  Guns being stuck in a counselors hand or on their back making them unable to interact with anything until Jason grabs them, either forcing them to die or waste a pocket knife.  

All of these issues are pretty game breaking.  All of these issues have existed since at least May.  Hence the game barely being in a playable state for the majority of 2019. 

The roof glitch was less game breaking than all of this, since Jason could get up there as well.  And on Packanack, he still can. 

For glitches that prevent you from being able to interact with the environment ( like the gun glitch or Jason stuck in his choking a counselor pose) I find the best way out of it is to go into the water until you start swimming, move around until you stumble or have another player hit you.  I find the worst of them all is the drawer in the top floor of the Pinehurst house. 

But I do agree that the current glitches are almost as bad as the rooftop dancers.

Normally I would just exit out of a match as soon as I see anyone purposely glitching but on the Xbox it takes so long to find a match that I end up just playing something else instead.

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

The car seems pointless to many people, but not everyone has given up on it. There are some Jason players who don't use the cheap tactic of disabling the car. I see it about 5% myself, but I know each player's experience may vary.

I don't use the cheap tactic of knifing the car, I just morph near the car and it vanishes.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

Normally I would just exit out of a match as soon as I see anyone purposely glitching but on the Xbox it takes so long to find a match that I end up just playing something else instead.

It's good to have alternative gaming options.

2 hours ago, SirMang said:

I don't use the cheap tactic of knifing the car, I just morph near the car and it vanishes.

Some players might consider morphing near the car to make it vanish equally cheap, if one could consistently do that. It's all a matter of perspective.

I think the frustration level of the bugs is quite high for a lot of players. If only things weren't so bad.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Summerofheat said:

Don’t think I’ve had a chance to do this yet... Welcome to camp.

They are aware of how many hits it takes, lots of us have told them. They’ve chosen to balance the game around average quick play and not higher level play, it’s their choice. You’re right about rage.

It is whatever though, I don't expect anything but it's a bit ignorant to just ignore the facts. 

The facts can be interpreted in different ways for different levels of play. That’s all the pubs have done, interpret them differently. 

Glad you joined us, try not to get to discourage, some of those you think were hating on you will probably end up as friends, just give it time.

3 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Some players might consider morphing near the car to make it vanish equally cheap, if one could consistently do that. It's all a matter of perspective.

I think the frustration level of the bugs is quite high for a lot of players. If only things weren't so bad.

The alternative is to just ignore the car and let it drive out on its merry way.

I morph near the car because Jason is a big dumb dog who wants to chase cars around! 

I actually enjoy the cat and mouse game that can be done in the car...or straight up ambushing it with a stalk shift.  

The morph destruction of the car is not a 100% thing, I won't claim it is.  It's probably 25-33% in my experience.  But it shouldn't happen at all.  

I saw somewhere where someone said a single knife cant flip the car every time. Care to join me in a lobby so I can show you? One knife is all it takes to flip the car 100% of the time if Jason knows where to throw it. That is all.

On 12/16/2019 at 11:56 AM, mattshotcha said:

To make it sound as if every knife thrown sends the car into orbit is just not true, at all.

It doesn't have to be every knife thrown. Even if some knives don't do it, the point is the frequency of occurrence. Players know it happens and so at least some will save knives just for that, which would effectively increase the rate of occurrence.

23 hours ago, SirMang said:

But it shouldn't happen at all.  

It would be nice if it didn't happen. Perhaps one day, if luck is on our side, after the major bugs are fixed, and before support is abandoned entirely.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well they announced the double XP continuance into next year.

Sounds to me like that's their way of saying no news on the patch until after the holidays and well into the new year.

Another 2-3 week wait awaits.