3 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

The car issue is not a 100% reproduction. Meaning, it is not nearly unplayable. To make it sound as if every knife thrown sends the car into orbit is just not true, at all. That victory condition is hardly eliminated from play as you imply.

I can't remember the last match I was in where a Jason who was throwing knives at the car didn't take it out.  Sure he might not get it on the first knife throw, but you can collect 30+ throwing knives on each map.  So yeah, it's 100% in my experience.  Unless you're going by knife throw, as I've seen a Jason throw a knife at the car and just push it along extremely fast.  And then the fact he can throw multiple knives at the car...and the whole morph sending the car off the map.

But good to know this isn't on the docket to be fixed as we're gonna go a whole year of Jason's not bothering to trap the car and just knifing it out of existence.  Or we'll go the rest of the game's existence...who knows! 

And all of my points together combine for how the game is in an almost unplayable state, not just the car, and all of those issues have existed in the game since at least May.  Some from launch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

The team is sticking with the approach we've laid out. And the community is not even all on the same side on that topic. I'd caution everyone to consider that the circle that feels the Jason Kill is too easy is not the entire community. So asking if the community and development teams are aligned is not even applicable, as the entire community isn't even aligned.

Would it be possible to simply turn damage down, by 10% or so, on sharp weapons? Axe, machete, fire poker--not a big adjustment, just enough to make that one hit demask so it's not a thing. At least on base defense Jasons. I understand that -defense/-hitpoints Jasons should be weaker. Honestly it's not a huge deal and nobody ever runs that build anyway, but don't you find it a bit ridiculous that it's even possible?

I mean I don't know what that kind of an adjustment would take on your end but it seems like a pretty easy fix to me...

48 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

It's also not every player that agrees that the kill is too easy.

This I have to agree with. For the most part anyway. So many Jason's in quick play that don't even try to use block or that try to grab kill in groups of counselors armed with sharp weapons. Also so many that don't even attempt taking out power boxes because math and drawing logical conclusions based on observations are so hard...(e.g. if you can't see the radio tower in the cutscene and the phone house is on the same grid as that missing cutscene tower, then logic should tell you to choose a different box)...

But on the other hand I've also been  demasked and killed in a match by taking 3 shotgun blasts that there was no counter to, and one single light attack from a machete which popped the mask. So I do believe there's room for improvement. But like you said, it's not every match that the lobby gets that creative...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

We've been over this, it's been discussed elsewhere so let's not totally derail this thread and repeat that whole conversation.

Yes, we've seen the videos of particular builds with very specific sets of perks, etc take the mask off quickly. But let's be honest, that's not every player. It's also not every player that agrees that the kill is too easy. This forum is not the entirety of the community. There is a whole world outside of this forum that may or may not agree with you.

Forgive me, as it comes from frustration. The specific builds you are talking about is only required to take off the mask on all Jason's. Those builds are not required for pt2,5,6 and 9. Either way if one machete doesn't do the work, two definitely does. And you don't need perks. 

32 minutes ago, Summerofheat said:

Forgive me, as it comes from frustration. The specific builds you are talking about is only required to take off the mask on all Jason's. Those builds are not required for pt2,5,6 and 9. Either way if one machete doesn't do the work, two definitely does. And you don't need perks. 

2 heavy attacks will demask any Jason. Fortunately they're hard to land on a competent Jason. The point is they don't seem to have any plans to adjust damage values...

• Like 1

I do feel bad for the guys that come on here to take bullets for the mistakes the head honcho makes. Whether it was Shifty or Matt, etc. They only relay the messages. I don't have anything personal against them.

For instance, the guy who deserves the most blame is Wes.

He cancelled Paranoia after having it hyped up on social media. He comes on here talking about revising the perks after the lawsuit fiasco and now it seems that's been cancelled as well. Those kinds of misfires are unacceptable and certainly wouldn't be accepted by communities with much larger playerbases, backed by bigger companies. While its absolutely true that bugfixes should take priority. This kind of mixed messaging has gotten them in trouble before and its frustrating that its basically been a constant since 2017.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

2 heavy attacks will demask any Jason. Fortunately they're hard to land on a competent Jason. The point is they don't seem to have any plans to adjust damage values...

Forgive me but it blows my mind how dumb Matt seems when he tells the community is split. It's actually stupid given the facts that it takes two hits and it's been like that for years. Even on a competent Jason you can get free hits after a pocket knife, or when your breaking an objective. Let's not forget.. if you pull someone out of the car, it doesn't matter if it's the best Jason in the world, the mask is coming off. 

I would love if they brought back the AU servers on PS4 that disappeared the day the game released on Switch (ironically barely anyone plays on Switch in my region and you’re lucky to find a single semi-populated lobby at any hour of the day)

They said it was unintentional and being looked into four months ago. 

Still “investigating” no doubt. 

At least fix it so that a P2P lobby is created or found after 90 seconds of searching, rather than 4-5 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Summerofheat said:

Forgive me but it blows my mind how dumb Matt seems when he tells the community is split. It's actually stupid given the facts that it takes two hits and it's been like that for years. Even on a competent Jason you can get free hits after a pocket knife, or when your breaking an objective. Let's not forget.. if you pull someone out of the car, it doesn't matter if it's the best Jason in the world, the mask is coming off. 

One of the most mind blowing thing for me about all of what he said on the subject is the way he systematically implies how microscopic is the group that think the kill is easy when you put it next to the entirety of the player base. We all know the difficulty of the kill is not seen the same way by everyone but since there's no real way to ask the opinion of every single person playing the game it's impossible to make an accurate statistic about it.

I understand that they won't change anything about the kill since it's not even bottom of the barrel category in term of priority but the divided community argument is really thin. I'm pretty sure the player base was never 100% all on the same page with any of the changes they made to the game before but it never stopped those from happening either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Summerofheat said:

Easy calling me stupid while simultaneously misrepresenting what I've said to further that narrative. I said the community is split on the KILL. The community is split, as many still feel Jason is extremely powerful. Many also feel that the kill is still rare enough in the common user case that it doesn't require tuning. 

But even that is further into detail than we need to go considering that the stance of the team is that further tuning the Jason kill process is a lower priority use of limited time and resources than the bugs and fixes the team is currently working on. I've said it before and I'll say it again as plainly as possible: at this stage in the game's life, there are going to be sacrifices. The community is not nearly aligned enough to make the Jason Kill a higher priority and sacrifice some of the other items we are investigating and working on.

And, you are new here so I'll leave it as a warning. But don't come into threads calling people stupid if you plan on sticking around.

51 minutes ago, tinysquirrel said:

I would love if they brought back the AU servers on PS4 that disappeared the day the game released on Switch (ironically barely anyone plays on Switch in my region and you’re lucky to find a single semi-populated lobby at any hour of the day)

They said it was unintentional and being looked into four months ago. 

Still “investigating” no doubt. 

At least fix it so that a P2P lobby is created or found after 90 seconds of searching, rather than 4-5 minutes. 

There are some options discussed to try and alleviate the issue with AU servers, but it's a lesser of two evils scenario and a call like that requires due diligence. The team is having those talks, but until we reach a consensus, I don't have anything more to confirm.

21 minutes ago, makred78 said:

One of the most mind blowing thing for me about all of what he said on the subject is the way he systematically implies how microscopic is the group that think the kill is easy when you put it next to the entirety of the player base. We all know the difficulty of the kill is not seen the same way by everyone but since there's no real way to ask the opinion of every single person playing the game it's impossible to make an accurate statistic about it.

I understand that they won't change anything about the kill since it's not even bottom of the barrel category in term of priority but the divided community argument is really thin. I'm pretty sure the player base was never 100% all on the same page with any of the changes they made to the game before but it never stopped those from happening either.

Never said microscopic. Never, not once. 

What I'm saying is that the community is split. With a lower priority item, a split community lowers that items priority even further.

2 hours ago, Summerofheat said:

Very true. The car is my favorite place to get mask damage. Not as much of a problem in quick play though. Those Jason's just put the car through the map. And they've most likely already been demasked by two Nessas sporting machetes.

I think they're worried about breaking something else that they don't have the manpower to fix tbh. But then again, were talking about the same group that doesn't know non stunning hits do more damage than hits that stun, so it could go either way...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Very true. The car is my favorite place to get mask damage. Not as much of a problem in quick play though. Those Jason's just put the car through the map. And they've most likely already been demasked by two Nessas sporting machetes.

I think they're worried about breaking something else that they don't have the manpower to fix tbh. But then again, were talking about the same group that doesn't know non stunning hits do more damage than hits that stun, so it could go either way...

I needed to say what I need to. Yeah it's my first time posting but I've been here on the forums since the games been out. I've seen all the beyond streams, this games got me through a lot of shit and I just hate to see if get burned to the ground.

I get that ya'll don't wanna waste time on something that's not a priority given the manpower and the "brain power" these devs have. But at least agree with the facts that have been thrown at you. Non stuns do more damage. That literally leaves p9 unusable. You don't even need to fix it. Just admit yeah the mask is super easy and you don't have the manpower to fix it without breaking anything else. 

Why don't you ask the long term players instead of just saying there's a whole world out there? There's still new people getting into the game and there isn't a proper guide for them. The players that have stuck around that have over 2000+ hours, ask them. Ask anyone in a Xbox/PS4 league. They will all tell you how easy the mask health is especially after rage. 

Edit: and Matt I wasn't calling you stupid, I was referring to the fact that it takes two machete hits to demask any Jason. THAT is stupid. 

@mattshotcha

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

The community is split, as many still feel Jason is extremely powerful.

Most of those complaining about Jason being to powerful are the ones that only wanted to knock Jason on his ass and dance over him for 20 minutes. It is true however that the community is split. Unfortunately, the larger part of the community is the trolls and toxic players, not the players wanting to play the game as it was intended. 

On 12/17/2019 at 5:35 PM, mattshotcha said:

Never said microscopic. Never, not once. 

What I'm saying is that the community is split. With a lower priority item, a split community lowers that items priority even further.

I know you never specifically used the word microscopic and that's not what I said either. But when you're referring to a specific portion of ppl as "circle" or "small group" with remarks such as "you guys represent the minority at this point" like you did in the past, the proportion we're representing to you is obvious. Anyway like I said, I know the kill will not be changed since it's nowhere near a priority issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, makred78 said:

I know you never specifically used the word microscopic and that's not what I said either. But when you're referring to a specific portion of ppl as "circle" or "small group" with remarks such as "you guy represent the minority at this point" like you did in the past, the proportion we're representing to you is obvious. Anyway like I said, I know the kill will not be changed since it's nowhere near a priority issue.

Well said.

The Minority talk is really starting to irritate me.....because although we may be few most of us have been here from day one with every patch of the game..... so we have seen every buff/ nerf included purposely or indirectly to the game..... at it’s worst and at it’s best.

But at this Juncture I think everyone can read between the lines with ......

“ this stage in the games life.” And “winding down.” Talk....

It’s obvious there will no longer be any gameplay mechanic changes or value changes........it will consist of “priority” bug fixes only to minimize any chance of more issues introduced into the game...that will require further development......

They are in the last stages of development period....... especially since Matt said they are now working to ensure we are able to play the game after the end of development/patches cycle.

( I am happy to hear this is a priority.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Maybe the team should put out a poll on all social media outlets asking how everyone feels about how easy it is to kill Jason. 

Why would they waste their time?

They obviously have no desire to do any changes to the kill or Jason's HP or nerfing weapon damage a tad. 

10 hours ago, SirMang said:

Why would they waste their time?

They obviously have no desire to do any changes to the kill or Jason's HP or nerfing weapon damage a tad. 

I agree that it appears they have no desire to really change anything. But then it would finally put the “small minority” argument to rest. 

• Like 1

Well i suppose we can expect the Knife throwing exploit to be around after support ends on the game in the very near future. I can only hope that Environmental kills are 100% fixed and  no other issues arise from the patch.

2 hours ago, PackASnack_Lodge said:

Well i suppose we can expect the Knife throwing exploit to be around after support ends on the game in the very near future. I can only hope that Environmental kills are 100% fixed and  no other issues arise from the patch.

I'm sure if they do fix the car it will take a long time to do it with their limited resources. From what I understand with the way the car is coded, they're probably going to have to start from scratch. I always thought it didn't start having problems until they put the kill box on top of it so that counselors couldn't stand on top of it. But it very well could have been that way since launch and nobody noticed...

27 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I'm sure if they do fix the car it will take a long time to do it with their limited resources. From what I understand with the way the car is coded, they're probably going to have to start from scratch. I always thought it didn't start having problems until they put the kill box on top of it so that counselors couldn't stand on top of it. But it very well could have been that way since launch and nobody noticed...

From what I noticed, the problems with the car didn't start until they "fixed" counselors from being hit inside with knives.

Once they "fixed" that, the knives instead apparently damaged the cars. 

I don't know what started the whole being able to hit people in the cars with throwing knives issue however. 

It would've been neat if Jason could've used his traps to blow out the tires on the car. It would've allowed him to trap more areas on the car. The counselors would simply have to restart the car to get it going again for simplicity sake.

It would've went real well with say a Part 2 who could've decided to put a trap in front of a front tire AND a back tire, so unless they pivoted the car a certain way, it would've garuateed a couple restarts in place, right away. It would've given Jason more options with defending the cars.

I bet being able to damage the counselors inside cars was actually something intended to help combat drivers, much like how the force grab was probably something left intentionally to help with lag, then labeled 'a bug' after the community complained so much about it helping Jason.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 12:56 PM, mattshotcha said:

The team is sticking with the approach we've laid out. And the community is not even all on the same side on that topic. I'd caution everyone to consider that the circle that feels the Jason Kill is too easy is not the entire community. So asking if the community and development teams are aligned is not even applicable, as the entire community isn't even aligned.

Most of us know that everyone doesn't agree that the Jason kill is too easy.

Most of us also know that everyone doesn't agree that the Jason kill is too hard either.

On 12/16/2019 at 1:04 PM, Summerofheat said:

Literally every game when there's no traps on cars, the car is being flipped either underground or in orbit. It's super easy and super toxic. It does Make it unplayable. Even when I feel like playing on my switch.. it's same scenario.

Every high lvl Jason does this. 

I'm sure there are high level Jason players that are not guilty of this. Everyone does not play the same way.

On 12/16/2019 at 4:38 PM, mattshotcha said:

Yes, we've seen the videos of particular builds with very specific sets of perks, etc take the mask off quickly. But let's be honest, that's not every player. It's also not every player that agrees that the kill is too easy. This forum is not the entirety of the community. There is a whole world outside of this forum that may or may not agree with you.

Could you maybe try not to label the entire forum as feeling the Jason kill is too easy?

@tyrant666, using traps on the car tires would have been in interesting idea. If only we could have had that as an option.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I'm sure there are high level Jason players that are not guilty of this. Everyone does not play the same way.

I agree 100% I have never intentionally knife throw a car across the map.... I have.... but never because I was trying too.

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

@tyrant666, using traps on the car tires would have been in interesting idea. If only we could have had that as an option.

@tyrant666 I also agree it is a great idea and wish it had been incorporated as well.