I’ve been taking a break from here and the game. Has there been any announcement of ANY type of upcoming support or patch to fix the current issues? Have they just completely abandoned the game now? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I’ve been taking a break from here and the game. Has there been any announcement of ANY type of upcoming support or patch to fix the current issues? Have they just completely abandoned the game now? 

Matt said more news would be coming about the next patch as we get closer to the new year....... so “Soon” this month we will be told some time in 2020 they will have a patch ready.

9 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Matt said more news would be coming about the next patch as we get closer to the new year....... so “Soon” this month we will be told some time in 2020 they will have a patch ready.

Ahhhhh. “Soon”. Glad to see things haven’t changed around here. Lol

• Haha 5

alls ive herd is environment kills are the next fix. i cant wait for that fix, its long over due. they say from now on they will be taking alot more time for the patches so they dont have to rework them after release. i think thats a better idea for sure but its a hell of a long wait. hopefuly i can slam somebody's head off a rock SOON.

• Like 1

All of my Pamela and Tommy tapes are frozen and grayed out and I can’t play them. The cursor won’t even work. I am father Freeland on Xbox and any help would be highly appreciated.

35 minutes ago, Freeloc said:

All of my Pamela and Tommy tapes are frozen and grayed out and I can’t play them. The cursor won’t even work. I am father Freeland on Xbox and any help would be highly appreciated.

@mattshotcha any work around for this issue ?

On 12/10/2019 at 7:55 PM, The Milwauking Dead said:

Support is still offered 100% through JasonKillsBugs.com and the next patch is in the works. We'll have details on the next patch early next week.

22 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@mattshotcha any work around for this issue ?

Answered in the other thread. 

For anyone stumbling onto this thread with the same issue, restart the console, jump into an online match, then check again. They get hung up from time to time, but this workaround is a reliable one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

It's only been 4 months since the last patch!

Environmental kills have only been broken for 6+months and knifing the car out of existence has only been broken 6+months...

They're on top of things!  

The game is, and has been, barely in a playable state for the majority of 2019. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, glowing ooze said:

they say from now on they will be taking alot more time for the patches so they dont have to rework them after release. 

Oh, you mean they finally learned that you should test patches before making them live? Golly gee willikers!

• Haha 1

For a game that sold 2million copies in the first two months & people are still buying it two years later for it to be in the state it is in right now is embarrassing. 

The whole small team and Indy game excuses don't really apply when the game made AAA money from the start that should’ve been put back into the game & helped it to expand early on. 

This is probably mine & many people on here’s favourite game ever, unfortunately it’s also the most badly managed & supported game I’ve ever played. 

A few posts above this you have one of the devs/team posting “reliable workarounds” for problems. That just shows how bad a state this game is in right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Top_Cat said:

A few posts above this you have one of the devs/team posting “reliable workarounds” for problems. That just shows how bad a state this game is in right now. 

You realize I was replying to an ask for a work around, right?

Truth of the matter here is, the game is in a winding down state. We have the team, and yes, it's a small team, working through some of the core systems to fix issues completely. We always did test, the difference between how we're approaching a bug in a system such as environmental kills or interactions (roof) now versus previously is the level of depth we're going into in order to resolve the issue. Rather than look at the bug itself, we're diving into every system that can possibly be affected and starting at the root, much like we described live on BEYOND back when we had to revisit Packanack Roof.

That requires a bit more time, more testing, and more work. So we focus on smaller amounts of fixes in order to fully resolve underlying issues.

Hyperbole about the game being barely playable is especially unhelpful at this stage in the game's life. We need to be laser focused on top priority issues, and realistic in our approach to that prioritization. 

And lastly, I'm not going to comment on armchair economics.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

@mattshotcha

The game barely being playable is not hyperbole. 

One of the methods for a counselor victory is bugged to the point Jason can just throw one knife at the car and completely eliminate it.  He can also just morph near the car and have the same affect happen.  So if you're on a map with 2 cars, you have one method of escape left, the police. 

Environmental kills being bugged out where counselors can escape a door smash kill, run around the map, then escape to the cops causing the round to sit there until the full 20 minutes of the round has ended is not hyperbole.  You're literally stuck there just waiting for the round to end if you want the XP/CP. 

This doesn't even take into account counselors teleporting using combat stance.  Sometimes getting interaction locked on the Tommy CB where the camera won't come off the radio, but you can't interact with it again and Tommy was never called in the process.  Guns being stuck in a counselors hand or on their back making them unable to interact with anything until Jason grabs them, either forcing them to die or waste a pocket knife.  

All of these issues are pretty game breaking.  All of these issues have existed since at least May.  Hence the game barely being in a playable state for the majority of 2019. 

The roof glitch was less game breaking than all of this, since Jason could get up there as well.  And on Packanack, he still can. 

• Thanks 1

@mattshotcha  Please tell us that something is being done regarding the ease of Jason killing.  There are several threads in Suggestions forum, and many of us feels Jason need some extra protection.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

With every passing day, things are looking less favorable for this game.

It's not over until it's over, and it's anyone's guess when that day comes. Hopefully, not for a while.

Our support is what it is. It's better than no support at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Hyperbole about the game being barely playable is especially unhelpful at this stage in the game's life. We need to be laser focused on top priority issues, and realistic in our approach to that prioritization. 

Not hyperbole by any stretch of the imagination. Since the engine switch the game crashes on me probably 7 or 8 times out of 10 whenever I try to play it. It didn't do that before. I'd call that "unplayable."

And yes, I more than meet specs.

On 12/12/2019 at 4:27 PM, mattshotcha said:

Support is still offered 100% through JasonKillsBugs.com and the next patch is in the works. We'll have details on the next patch early next week.

Answered in the other thread. 

For anyone stumbling onto this thread with the same issue, restart the console, jump into an online match, then check again. They get hung up from time to time, but this workaround is a reliable one. 

Awesome. Thanks!

On 12/13/2019 at 7:55 PM, GeneiJin said:

@mattshotcha  Please tell us that something is being done regarding the ease of Jason killing.  There are several threads in Suggestions forum, and many of us feels Jason need some extra protection.

I agree with this completely.

@mattshotcha please continue to update us on where the team is on this issue have you gathered up enough information about  it?

Is the community and Development team on the same side on this issue or are we still in opposing lanes?

2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Is the community and Development team on the side on this issue or are we still in opposing lanes?

At the end of the last discussion about Jason being to easy to kill, Matt said that they didn’t see an issue with the kill. This community was the only ones thinking it was too easy. They pretty much are agreeing with the casual players that still think it’s too hard to kill Jason.
Seeing as how their game testing before patches doesn’t eliminate all the bugs, I think the devs themselves are casual players as well, and that’s why they agree with them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

At the end of the last discussion about Jason being to easy to kill, Matt said that they didn’t see an issue with the kill. This community was the only ones thinking it was too easy. They pretty much are agreeing with the casual players that still think it’s too hard to kill Jason.
Seeing as how their game testing before patches doesn’t eliminate all the bugs, I think the devs themselves are casual players as well, and that’s why they agree with them. 

There's also the possibility that Black Tower may not even know how to implement any of the changes the community have proposed here. Just as an example, when asked in another thread yesterday about the chance of a higher perk roll % event ever happening again in the future, Matt said that due to the way the perk system was built the ability to change those value any further was lost in the transition from IllFonic to BT. Who knows how many other aspects of the game suffered the same fate.

And let's be real, there's also a strong probability that something in the game still working ends up broken if they attempt to do something without having the necessary knowledge.

For my part at this point it's either they find it more convenient to say that nothing's wrong with the Jason's kill so nothing has to be done about it, or they really believe that the difficulty of the kill is fine which is crazy and hard to take seriously considering they probably play the game only in controlled environments for testing or casually with friends like a party game for the most part. And when you think about it, that would explain a lot as to why so many changes were made to make the life of the counselors easier since the game was released and how many pinata videos were needed before they decided to give any meaningful buff to Jason.

And then when they finally did with the rage update, it ended up making the kill easier to do somehow. I'm pretty sure it was unintended but I remember when ppl tried to explain to them that any hit not stunning Jason = full damage post rage, it was like a foreign concept to them at first. Wes later said in a stream following the update that this wasn't right and looked like he was going to further check the issue but to this day nothing was done about it to my knowledge so I assume now that they must be okay with it? Or is it another thing they cannot change anymore since Illfonic left?

Maybe Black Tower is just a bargain basement dev and really doesn't know how to do much of anything. Gun probably went with the lowest bid to replace Illfonic, who obviously weren't that great to begin with.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/13/2019 at 6:09 PM, SirMang said:

@mattshotcha

The game barely being playable is not hyperbole. 

One of the methods for a counselor victory is bugged to the point Jason can just throw one knife at the car and completely eliminate it.  He can also just morph near the car and have the same affect happen.  So if you're on a map with 2 cars, you have one method of escape left, the police. 

Environmental kills being bugged out where counselors can escape a door smash kill, run around the map, then escape to the cops causing the round to sit there until the full 20 minutes of the round has ended is not hyperbole.  You're literally stuck there just waiting for the round to end if you want the XP/CP. 

This doesn't even take into account counselors teleporting using combat stance.  Sometimes getting interaction locked on the Tommy CB where the camera won't come off the radio, but you can't interact with it again and Tommy was never called in the process.  Guns being stuck in a counselors hand or on their back making them unable to interact with anything until Jason grabs them, either forcing them to die or waste a pocket knife.  

All of these issues are pretty game breaking.  All of these issues have existed since at least May.  Hence the game barely being in a playable state for the majority of 2019. 

The roof glitch was less game breaking than all of this, since Jason could get up there as well.  And on Packanack, he still can. 

The car issue is not a 100% reproduction. Meaning, it is not nearly unplayable. To make it sound as if every knife thrown sends the car into orbit is just not true, at all. That victory condition is hardly eliminated from play as you imply.

Environmental kills are fixed in the next patch, coming shortly after new year. The other issues mentioned are being investigated.

On 12/13/2019 at 7:55 PM, GeneiJin said:

Addressed this topic further down.

On 12/14/2019 at 9:14 AM, Dolemite said:

Not hyperbole by any stretch of the imagination. Since the engine switch the game crashes on me probably 7 or 8 times out of 10 whenever I try to play it. It didn't do that before. I'd call that "unplayable."

And yes, I more than meet specs.

Crashing that often means you should reach out to JasonKillsBugs.com and provide as much info as possible. Currently, we have no reported issues of crashing that severe.

On 12/14/2019 at 5:03 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

I agree with this completely.

@mattshotcha please continue to update us on where the team is on this issue have you gathered up enough information about  it?

Is the community and Development team on the same side on this issue or are we still in opposing lanes?

The team is sticking with the approach we've laid out. And the community is not even all on the same side on that topic. I'd caution everyone to consider that the circle that feels the Jason Kill is too easy is not the entire community. So asking if the community and development teams are aligned is not even applicable, as the entire community isn't even aligned.

On 12/14/2019 at 9:02 PM, makred78 said:

There's also the possibility that Black Tower may not even know how to implement any of the changes the community have proposed here. Just as an example, when asked in another thread yesterday about the chance of a higher perk roll % event ever happening again in the future, Matt said that due to the way the perk system was built the ability to change those value any further was lost in the transition from IllFonic to BT. Who knows how many other aspects of the game suffered the same fate.

And let's be real, there's also a strong probability that something in the game still working ends up broken if they attempt to do something without having the necessary knowledge.

For my part at this point it's either they find it more convenient to say that nothing's wrong with the Jason's kill so nothing has to be done about it, or they really believe that the difficulty of the kill is fine which is crazy and hard to take seriously considering they probably play the game only in controlled environments for testing or casually with friends like a party game for the most part. And when you think about it, that would explain a lot as to why so many changes were made to make the life of the counselors easier since the game was released and how many pinata videos were needed before they decided to give any meaningful buff to Jason.

And then when they finally did with the rage update, it ended up making the kill easier to do somehow. I'm pretty sure it was unintended but I remember when ppl tried to explain to them that any hit not stunning Jason = full damage post rage, it was like a foreign concept to them at first. Wes later said in a stream following the update that this wasn't right and looked like he was going to further check the issue but to this day nothing was done about it to my knowledge so I assume now that they must be okay with it? Or is it another thing they cannot change anymore since Illfonic left?

4 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Maybe Black Tower is just a bargain basement dev and really doesn't know how to do much of anything. Gun probably went with the lowest bid to replace Illfonic, who obviously weren't that great to begin with.

This is a reductive line of thinking. There is much more to the current situation than skill or knowledge. Certain aspects of the game remain proprietary to IllFonic, as the original lead dev team. Some items are deemed lower priority and therefore, not a focus for Black Tower. 

We have limited time and resources left for Friday the 13th: The Game. We still feel we are putting that time and resources in the right areas, fixing and working on the right things. The Jason Kill is both lower priority and not something the entire community sees eye to eye on, and therefore, outside of the current scope of the project. All of the work we are doing at this time is to leave the game in the best possible state for the end of the development cycle we are currently in, which will be the last development cycle for the game.

What does that mean? It means we are trying to fix top priority issues. We are also trying to ensure that the community can continue to enjoy the game beyond the end of active development/patching. We have a patch incoming shortly after the new year kicks off. Included in this patch will be an environmental kill fix, the drawer on Pinehurst, Bots on Jarvis House, the door barricade issue, as well as various stuck spots and interaction fixes. Those pain points are seen by the entire community and therefore much higher priority than the Jason Kill process.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Literally every game when there's no traps on cars, the car is being flipped either underground or in orbit. It's super easy and super toxic. It does Make it unplayable. Even when I feel like playing on my switch.. it's same scenario. 

Every high lvl Jason does this. 

How can you Say the community isn't alligned? The FACT  is that you can single hit a mask off on negative hp Jason's. It doesn't take much more on all the other Jason's to take the mask off. Those are facts. You add shotguns in there and it's a guarantee mask off. How can people, especially you guys who are in charge of the game believe That even for a second. Haven't people shown you proof or do you need more?

49 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

The car issue is not a 100% reproduction. Meaning, it is not nearly unplayable. To make it sound as if every knife thrown sends the car into orbit is just not true, at all. That victory condition is hardly eliminated from play as you imply.

Environmental kills are fixed in the next patch, coming shortly after new year. The other issues mentioned are being investigated.

Crashing that often means you should reach out to JasonKillsBugs.com and provide as much info as possible. Currently, we have no reported issues of crashing that severe.

The team is sticking with the approach we've laid out. And the community is not even all on the same side on that topic. I'd caution everyone to consider that the circle that feels the Jason Kill is too easy is not the entire community. So asking if the community and development teams are aligned is not even applicable, as the entire community isn't even aligned.

This is a reductive line of thinking. There is much more to the current situation than skill or knowledge. Certain aspects of the game remain proprietary to IllFonic, as the original lead dev team. Some items are deemed lower priority and therefore, not a focus for Black Tower. 

We have limited time and resources left for Friday the 13th: The Game. We still feel we are putting that time and resources in the right areas, fixing and working on the right things. The Jason Kill is both lower priority and not something the entire community sees eye to eye on, and therefore, outside of the current scope of the project. All of the work we are doing at this time is to leave the game in the best possible state for the end of the development cycle we are currently in, which will be the last development cycle for the game.

What does that mean? It means we are trying to fix top priority issues. We are also trying to ensure that the community can continue to enjoy the game beyond the end of active development/patching. We have a patch incoming shortly after the new year kicks off. Included in this patch will be an environmental kill fix, the drawer on Pinehurst, Bots on Jarvis House, the door barricade issue, as well as various stuck spots and interaction fixes. Those pain points are seen by the entire community and therefore much higher priority than the Jason Kill process.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Summerofheat said:

How can you Say the community isn't alligned? The FACT  is that you can single hit a mask off on negative hp Jason's. It doesn't take much more on all the other Jason's to take the mask off. Those are facts. You add shotguns in there and it's a guarantee mask off. How can people, especially you guys who are in charge of the game believe That even for a second. Haven't people shown you proof or do you need more?

We've been over this, it's been discussed elsewhere so let's not totally derail this thread and repeat that whole conversation.

Yes, we've seen the videos of particular builds with very specific sets of perks, etc take the mask off quickly. But let's be honest, that's not every player. It's also not every player that agrees that the kill is too easy. This forum is not the entirety of the community. There is a whole world outside of this forum that may or may not agree with you.

• Sad 1