I kept hearing the rumblings, and I had seen people here respond to my post about Scream Team before, but I guess I thought it was all still just made up.

BOY WAS I WRONG!

I found video of them wrecking face in the tournament championship! This was, of course, before the game was broken and you could actually play it competitively. Man. This crew really effed shit up in their day. Revolutionized the game. Enjoy everyone!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Lol. I wish there was more audio instead of just mine. We were pretty well coordinated. Of course people still thought we sucked because we didn't really ever go for Jason kills. With @RustInPeace as our Jason, we usually got enough points to win by just getting the sweater in the first couple minutes of the game.

Good stuff.

I see a lot of posts that this game was never meant to be a competitive game. Though that's likely the case, you can indeed make this a competitive team game. You just need unbiased parties keep score and watching videos. Also, you need a relatively bug free game. That's the biggest issue.

Fun times though for sure. Now I just rekt playing deebeedee.

• Thanks 1

I would put us up against any other team who has ever played this game. Especially @RustInPeace as our Jason. What's funny is that we honestly didn't play at our highest potential as counselors during that tournament because we were never forced to. That said, when we were on and had our A-game going as a team, there weren't many Jason players who had success against us--tournament or otherwise. It's unfortunate to see the game in its current state, because you can't ever have that kind of competitive environment again. There are just too many exploits and glitches.

• Thanks 1

Yeah. This game had so much potential. I had a ton of fun, probably more than any other video game I've played. But the performance just got worse over time. 

But yeah, we were really good. And that probably wasn't even our best roster. We had a couple other players that just couldn't commit to play before the sign up date that would have made us even stronger.

3 hours ago, VoorheesIfUPlz said:

I kept hearing the rumblings, and I had seen people here respond to my post about Scream Team before, but I guess I thought it was all still just made up.

What, did you think I was lying when you posted this back in June 

?

Thank you @malloymk and @Shadesofjoe.  And just as we've all said, performance of the game (and by extension, playerbase) had gotten leagues worse after that time.  Now all anyone does, aside from the minor fair players, is glitch/exploit and say you need to "adapt" using their "tech".  Adapting to new mechanics or new VS old stat values is one thing, but "adapting" to use and abuse numerous bugs in the game is NOT the sign of a good/better player.  Anyone who is using exploits ON TOP of the broken TS/Med/Hypo combo really has no room to talk about skill level or being even a half decent player.  Take away those toys and see how good you really are without them.  

Can y'all provide some context here?  How did you play teams in this tournament?

I love playing this game when it's not filled with trolls.  Since it's almost always filled with trolls, it's hard to enjoy.  I would be excited to have a chance to organize and/or participate in a tournament situation like this.

On 12/10/2019 at 9:55 AM, Shadesofjoe said:

I would put us up against any other team who has ever played this game. Especially @RustInPeace as our Jason.

Oh really? Is that a challenge?  😏

On 12/10/2019 at 9:55 AM, Shadesofjoe said:

It's unfortunate to see the game in its current state, because you can't ever have that kind of competitive environment again. There are just too many exploits and glitches.

That's not true. Lots of us still compete on a regular basis.

My main questions are:

1) why is the Jason playing off host?

2) why is the rain on?

@RustInPeace we don't need exploits to get the drop on a "pro Jason" like you. Set the rules and let me know if you want a real challenge. We'll run 6 man teams and you can provide the spectator to make sure everyone is playing honest...

4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

@RustInPeace we don't need exploits to get the drop on a "pro Jason" like you. Set the rules and let me know if you want a real challenge. We'll run 6 man teams and you can provide the spectator to make sure everyone is playing honest...

Sounds like someone is determined to have a dick measuring contest.  And, again, how many times do I have to say that I have never claimed to be a pro?

30 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

Sounds like someone is determined to have a dick measuring contest.  And, again, how many times do I have to say that I have never claimed to be a pro?

Better bring a yardstick 😉

On 12/10/2019 at 12:43 PM, RustInPeace said:

Adapting to new mechanics or new VS old stat values is one thing, but "adapting" to use and abuse numerous bugs in the game is NOT the sign of a good/better player.  Anyone who is using exploits ON TOP of the broken TS/Med/Hypo combo really has no room to talk about skill level or being even a half decent player.  Take away those toys and see how good you really are without them.

This is a jab at tournament players no? Most of us spray cancel after all. I mean correct me if I'm wrong... 

But like I said you make the rules and get a spectator and we'll show you that we don't need glitches...