GeneiJin

Christmas List...... of Balance changes :D

Yet another excuse to make a balance changes list for the developers to hopefully view and have a least some considerations from. 

Jason:
-Increase Mask HP by 30-50%

-If Tommy is call, ether add a additional dead counselor (3 dead) or delay his arrival to 8-10 mins, or do both. (Meant to decrease  strategies of Manipulating Tommy Spawning.  Tommy does not need to be in the game before Jason even gets shift :P)

-Decrease the damage amount done by shotgun by half (Shotty is already a great stun weapon when used at the right time.  It's pretty much a free stun.  With that said, it does not need to do the 20% damage to Jason's mask as it does right now.)

-Remove all damage boxes from Jason while holding counselor(mainly the address the issues when pulling counselors out of cars, too easy for someone with Machete to land a free Heavy hit.  From a game play standpoint, Jason shouldn't be punished for from any long animation lock)

-Add 2 additional Throw Knives at start to all Jasons (Increase Jason's immediate threat before he gets shift)

- Change the Medic perk to ether only applied the first spray obtained or (if thats too hard to re-code) just change it to a 90-100% heal ( I currently do not run any medic builds, I can safely say I don't  need it, which is the point I'm making here.  Too easy to over utilize and it's balance problem is only compounded with every skilled counselor who has it.  Even with the Max heal option, it's still useful to tank double traps w/ ThickedSkin equiped)

Counselors:
-increase the minimum counselor speed by 5-10% and scale from there.  (I really don't think Vanessa is too much of a problem w/ her speed, so helping the slower counselor a little won't impact the game too much, while not given Vanessa anything more, and incentivizing other counselors.)

-Grant Stun from melee attacks post-rage only while Jason is holding a counselor.  (A counter-balance for granting Jason damage immunity, giving the counselor time as well if the stun happen in moments such as an car escape during post rage.)

-Perhaps adjust the stealth values pertaining to how Jason sees sound pings.  (Stealth isn't the strongest of stats, and adjusting it to give the higher stealth counselors more movement options without producing pings from Jason's position wouldn't be game shattering, but it does give them something to utilize.  May give Part 7 some more value (+sense) if he can see more (or all pings), and Vanessa should always give pings regardless of her distance to Jason.)

------ added on Dec 10 -----------

- Prevent Jason's mask removal until post rage (Should be easy to code in, for example, prevent Jason's HP from falling below a value, lets just say 10hp)

-Heal Jason some HP after post rage (Give Jason more fight, mainly to block more machete swings or gun shot damage)

-Reduce rage gained from hits (Innate rage from time remains the same, but from successful hit or stuns will both delay when Jason become vulnerable to being killed while also giving counselors more opportunities to fight for objectives before Jason becomes unstunnable)

My suggestions were made in mind of addressing the current balance issues, how easy it's to kill Jason.  Just getting the set-up (mask off, Tommy in game, Sweater is stolen) is too gameplay shattering that Jason's only safe option is to throw knives (A finite resource in a sea of Medic + ThickedSkin counselors).  Even if Jason killing isn't the priority of the team, just getting the set-up ensures that objectives can no longer defended. Because the game isn't going to get any real mechanics change or overhaul, we cannot expect how the kill set-up will change functionally.  I plead instead to make Jason more capable of preventing the set-up, which I hope some of my suggestions can help address, while also given back a little more to counselors to help them escape as a trade off.

I encourage anyone to contribute, however keep in mind this game's stage in development (virtually none :P) so try to keep suggestion grounded to simple changes (such as in-game stat values) that can make meaningful impact.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Jason

-zero damage taken while blocking. 

- take only half damage from attacks when currently grabbing someone.

- immunity to pocket knife stuns either when the police have arrived or when in close proximity to the police exit. Say goodbye to exit dancing trolls. 

Traps

Make counselor traps equal to Jason's. Either make it so the counselor traps cannot be reused or make it so Jason's traps can. No double standards. 

• Like 1

Honestly I'd be ok with the only changes being increasing Jason's HP by 50% and giving us back our beloved meat shield. Let them do damage from grab saves. If they can get past their team mate, that is...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Honestly I'd be ok with the only changes being increasing Jason's HP by 50% and giving us back our beloved meat shield. Let them do damage from grab saves. If they can get past their team mate, that is...

LOL, I miss meat shield.  Used to be a "Art" on making proper saves....

Meant to be a wish list.  Have at it anything you want to suggest, even if full knowing suggestions are likely not taken.

What I wish for.

- Fixed map rotation in lobby...so tired of Pack Small spam...so tired..and with so many rage quits on that map, I feel like its time.

- Fixed random character issue...given the 'long in the tooth' comment meant to excuse them from further fixing the game down the line. I feel like this is never going to get fixed, so I guess its random counselor from now until servers shut down for good. At least that way I have control over the selection by selecting 'random'.

- Even though I absolutely despise the small maps and what they've done to the game. I actually wouldn't mind them reusing existing assets and crapping out small versions of Pinehurst/Jarvis, provided they keep the permanent boat spawn. Its still really a win for Jason because its ignored because people can't fight back in the water. Just make the car a permanent 4 seater on the small versions to compensate. We aren't getting Grendel ever, so why not create 'new' maps with old assets. They don't make money from them.

- I'd agree with the changes listed in the original post, so I won't bother rehashing them or any other pipe dream balance changes.

- The context kills fixed 100 percent

- 50/75 percent chance of rolling legendary perks. I have a million CP and a million reasons not to waste time rolling anymore

What I expect.

- More bugs

- Double XP

- Some sort of fart bug with context kills despite them taking six months or more to fix one single issue. More evidence that literally one coder from Black Tower studios is probably being payed to look at it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would suggest an intelligent game set up depending on the lobby:

# 8 players with level 10 - 30 average, Jason‘s powers and abilities stay were they are

# 8 Players with Level 30 - 60 average, Jason‘s powers and abilities will be increased +15%

(...)

# 8 Players with level 120 - 150 Level average, Jason‘s powers and abilities are increased by + 50%

The + ...% also stands for starting with more knives and traps.

Guess you already know where I am getting to. By adjusting this way, „beginner Jason’s (= Level 0-15“)“ would be able to deal a lot better with a lobby of 6 counselors in their 150s (at least make life harder for them).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

What I wish for.

- Fixed map rotation in lobby...so tired of Pack Small spam...so tired..and with so many rage quits on that map, I feel like its time.

Ditto on the Small maps.  They are great for beginners to learn the game and when the lobby fails to fill more than 5 players.  But I'm tired of seeing lvl 150 Trolls/Russian/"Wannabee Kill Squads" pick this map, over and over again" to stack odds against Jason.  Even when I'm Jason, I still mop the floor with these players, and when I'm counselor the entire game becomes a shit show when things spiral out of control.  So much that I'm just bored

Alternate versions of Pinehurst/Jarvis maps would be great, but we all know that's not going to happen -_-.  Honestly the issue with Pinehurst isn't so much how big it is, it's because how the river separates the map, making car escape improbable (and compounded with parts spread across the map and the chances of it only being the 2-seater).  Likely they were designed to give maps in Jason's favor, but they went a little too far, and why would anyone looking for a free win ever pick them when the small maps are already been available before.  This is supported by the fact that Pinehurst/Jarvis are the least popular maps.  With all that said, I've now taken the position when lvl 150's demand a small map, to select Pinehurst instead (and I don't particularly like the map even as Jason).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/3/2019 at 10:26 PM, GeneiJin said:

Yet another excuse to make a balance changes list for the developers to hopefully view and have a least some considerations from.

Sounds like this Christmas a massive round of drinks is in order to appease the player base. My treat. 😎

On 12/4/2019 at 1:49 AM, aurllcooljay said:

Traps

Make counselor traps equal to Jason's. Either make it so the counselor traps cannot be reused or make it so Jason's traps can. No double standards. 

This would have been an intriguing idea.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:21 AM, tyrant666 said:

- Some sort of fart bug with context kills despite them taking six months or more to fix one single issue. More evidence that literally one coder from Black Tower studios is probably being payed to look at it.

This wouldn't surprise me, as they are a small company. They likely have other projects they are working on as well.

20 hours ago, Wolledc said:

I would suggest an intelligent game set up depending on the lobby:

# 8 players with level 10 - 30 average, Jason‘s powers and abilities stay were they are

# 8 Players with Level 30 - 60 average, Jason‘s powers and abilities will be increased +15%

(...)

# 8 Players with level 120 - 150 Level average, Jason‘s powers and abilities are increased by + 50%

The + ...% also stands for starting with more knives and traps.

Guess you already know where I am getting to. By adjusting this way, „beginner Jason’s (= Level 0-15“)“ would be able to deal a lot better with a lobby of 6 counselors in their 150s (at least make life harder for them).

The way certain kill squads are, you could double the potency of Jason's powers, and he still would be at a disadvantage.

• Like 2

I don’t want to sound like the grinch here but I think we’re about out of hope to get any sort of balance changes at all. At best, we can only hope some of the bugs get fixed. 

but my wish list that I could only dream of would be 

For Jason- 

more mask hp. At least 400% mask hp to non weapon strength Jason’s. At least 300% to weapon strength Jason’s. These are high percentage numbers due to buggzy and tommy currently having a 1 hit de mask. Approximately in 1 heavy Brandon can do at least 80 damage. With this Buff it’d take around 4-5 hits instead of the current 1-2. 50% buff wouldn’t make much diff to help Jason against large groups with machetes and axes. 

Get rid of slugger, friendship and thrasher Damage perks entirely. Counselors don’t need to make it too easy for themselves. 

give +Stalk Jason’s more duration time while moving. As well as bringing in stalk sooner 

Let jason re set 2 more traps. Only bc of how powerful medic+thick skin is and they make Jason’s traps feel only as alarms and there’s no drawbacks

buff Jason’s combat stance. Off host- no block/swing delay. Or no delay getting into block. Also allow him to grab in CS as well. 

Bring back meat shielding 

more recovery time to receive damage and stuns after animations 3 seconds minimum. 

make +sense and +stun resistance more of a strength. Make the perks work a bit better than they currently do. I know stun resistance right now does nothing. 

rage mode- instead of the stupid lazy bandaid we currently have. something much more interesting is counselors should have 25% stun chance to stun Jason when he’s in rage. 25% sucker punch would then give them a 50% chance to stun him in rage. It’d take more skill and counselors would have to use the hit and dodge technique to get a stun in. Also when he rages through doors he’s immune to stuns and damage... 

make parts spawn further away from destinations

jason receives very minimal if any damage in block. Small % if anything

nerf trap damage Jason receives 

allow Jason to slash a counselor in his traps

For counselors- 

Give them 4 perk slots to help counter all the buffs to Jason I listed above. 

Buff stealth. 9-10- No sound pings while sprinting. We shouldn’t have to use a sound ping perk to get this benefit with a high number on stealth..... also they will only glow red with 2nd use of sense. 3 with sense perks. In rage it goes back to 1st use of sense. 2 with sense perks. 8- only sound pings are during a sprint. The sense sound pings perk will help get this to none during a sprint. 1-2- they will carry sound pings even if they’re holding still. I’m talking about you especially Vanessa. And they will always glow red no matter if they’re using sense perks or not. Vanessa can run but defo not hide with this set up

Buff composure stat for 9-10 to not make any noise at all while hiding. And never stumble, never scream, not raise fear while seeing a dead body, and slightly more fear resistance overall. 

Buff some perks and have legendaries have no drawbacks and buff the + numbers on perks like man at arms, grease monkey, heavy hitter, and the other perks that we feel don’t do anything. 

in CS to not lock onto counselors and only to lock on to Jason. This stupid lock onto to counselors has screwed me over before

More XP for surviving the night

At level 150 all your perks you roll will be legendary perks. (Less chance of rolling these at lower levels)

This is what I came up with for now. Might have more to add later. I’m def dreaming with this list to ever happen. 😂

On 12/3/2019 at 9:26 PM, GeneiJin said:

Jason:
-Increase Mask HP by 30-50%

-If Tommy is call, ether add a additional dead counselor (3 dead) or delay his arrival to 8-10 mins, or do both. (Meant to decrease  strategies of Manipulating Tommy Spawning.  Tommy does not need to be in the game before Jason even gets shift :P)

-Decrease the damage amount done by shotgun by half (Shotty is already a great stun weapon when used at the right time.  It's pretty much a free stun.  With that said, it does not need to do the 20% damage to Jason's mask as it does right now.)

-Remove all damage boxes from Jason while holding counselor(mainly the address the issues when pulling counselors out of cars, too easy for someone with Machete to land a free Heavy hit.  From a game play standpoint, Jason shouldn't be punished for from any long animation lock)

-Add 2 additional Throw Knives at start to all Jasons (Increase Jason's immediate threat before he gets shift)

- Change the Medic perk to ether only applied the first spray obtained or (if thats too hard to re-code) just change it to a 90-100% heal ( I currently do not run any medic builds, I can safely say I don't  need it, which is the point I'm making here.  Too easy to over utilize and it's balance problem is only compounded with every skilled counselor who has it.  Even with the Max heal option, it's still useful to tank double traps w/ ThickedSkin equiped)

Counselors:
-increase the minimum counselor speed by 5-10% and scale from there.  (I really don't think Vanessa is too much of a problem w/ her speed, so helping the slower counselor a little won't impact the game too much, while not given Vanessa anything more, and incentivizing other counselors.)

-Grant Stun from melee attacks post-rage only while Jason is holding a counselor.  (A counter-balance for granting Jason damage immunity, giving the counselor time as well if the stun happen in moments such as an car escape during post rage.)

-Perhaps adjust the stealth values pertaining to how Jason sees sound pings.  (Stealth isn't the strongest of stats, and adjusting it to give the higher stealth counselors more movement options without producing pings from Jason's position wouldn't be game shattering, but it does give them something to utilize.  May give Part 7 some more value (+sense) if he can see more (or all pings), and Vanessa should always give pings regardless of her distance to Jason.)

My suggestions were made in mind of addressing the current balance issues, how easy it's to kill Jason.  Just getting the set-up (mask off, Tommy in game, Sweater is stolen) is too gameplay shattering that Jason's only safe option is to throw knives (A finite resource in a sea of Medic + ThickedSkin counselors).  Even if Jason killing isn't the priority of the team, just getting the set-up ensures that objectives can no longer defended. Because the game isn't going to get any real mechanics change or overhaul, we cannot expect how the kill set-up will change functionally.  I plead instead to make Jason more capable of preventing the set-up, which I hope some of my suggestions can help address, while also given back a little more to counselors to help them escape as a trade off.

I encourage anyone to contribute, however keep in mind this game's stage in development (virtually none :P) so try to keep suggestion grounded to simple changes (such as in-game stat values) that can make meaningful impact.

jason is way overpowered as it is leave him as is or nutuer him to make it more  even  the counslers realy do need more stamina and speed to make them at least normal humans as it is they were given the stamina of 5 tear old children with asthma

8 hours ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

jason is way overpowered as it is leave him as is or nutuer him to make it more  even  the counslers realy do need more stamina and speed to make them at least normal humans as it is they were given the stamina of 5 tear old children with asthma

Hey strigoi 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

Jason nothing close to OP.   My suggestions were squarely directed at making Jason harder to kill.  With the exception of the medic perk nerf, all my suggestion doesn't effect surviving the night or escapes.   I even made a request to increase the lower end of counselor speed and specific stun opportunities on Jason post-rage.  The only players that will not like this are weak Jason Hunters that wanna gang-up on Jason with 4 or even more counselors and have him killed within 3 mins of the game.

I have a new idea I have that would make many of my previous suggestions redundant such as delaying Tommy.  That would be have Jason's mask only removable post-rage.  I believe other here have suggested to put a timer of when Jason is killable, I say just prevent the mask from coming off early.  This should be easily done by a limit on how much Jason's HP can be reduced pre-rage.  You can still do damage  too him, but only to that threshold.   Once Rage happens, why not heal Jason as well, like 25% HP, to give him more wiggle room to play with. 

Went ahead and edited to my first post .

23 hours ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

Jason is supposed to be overpowered.. And to be honest, hes no where near as dangerous as he was at launch.

I do agree that the counsellors have a stamina issue.  IMO stamina should only drain when sprinting.  Jogging should be the same as walking.

On 12/3/2019 at 9:26 PM, GeneiJin said:

Change the Medic perk to ether only applied the first spray obtained or (if thats too hard to re-code) just change it to a 90-100% heal.

Similarly I would propose the effects of thick skinned not to be permanent. Once you get damaged below 100% of regular health you should revert back to normal. I've seen it happen more and more lately with (groups of) players utilizing a combination of thick skinned and medic, and it sucks as Jason. 

If Gun Media is able to go through with their planned perk rework, I do hope they can nerf some of the more powerful perks. 

23 minutes ago, aurllcooljay said:

Similarly I would propose the effects of thick skinned not to be permanent. Once you get damaged below 100% of regular health you should revert back to normal. I've seen it happen more and more lately with (groups of) players utilizing a combination of thick skinned and medic, and it sucks as Jason. 

If Gun Media is able to go through with their planned perk rework, I do hope they can nerf some of the more powerful perks. 

I think ThickedSkin is fine.  It's no doubt a strong perk, but isn't all that game shifting. 

4 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

You still only have 100 health with thick skin. Incoming damage is simply reduced by whatever percentage the thick skin is.

5 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

I seriously doubt they are going to re-work any assets of the game at this point, and if they do, it will go in the counselor's favor, not Jason.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

You still only have 100 health with thick skin. Incoming damage is simply reduced by whatever percentage the thick skin is.

Yeah, I know. Thought it would be easier to define the perk as giving more health.😋 The reason I want this perk nerfed, guys, is because of how powerful it is in combination with other health perks. One player equipped with Thick Skinned, Medic and Hypochondriac can tank five traps at the beginning of a match and still be running. Now just imagine a group of well coordinated Jason hunters.

1 hour ago, aurllcooljay said:

Yeah, I know. Thought it would be easier to define the perk as giving more health.😋 The reason I want this perk nerfed, guys, is because of how powerful it is in combination with other health perks. One player equipped with Thick Skinned, Medic and Hypochondriac can tank five traps at the beginning of a match and still be running. Now just imagine a group of well coordinated Jason hunters.

I don't know about all this now. I think you're over exaggerating a bit. 5 traps even with 20% thick skin would still cause 200 damage. 2 sprays even with 20% hypo are only healing 120 dmg. You might still be alive but you're not running anywhere...