Sign in to follow this  
SonofOdin6039

Toxic little bastards

As a rule, I generally don't intermix online while playing. Instead I keep to myself and play the game as it unfolds before me, survive or die. If I make contact with another player using flashlight signals and emotes, and we come up with a game plan, then I will play it out. The other night this kid inboxes me while he is tommy and wants to kill jason. Okey doke. We grab the sweater, catch Jason between us, and bury the axe in his head. Thumbs up all around. Then he invites me to his party. Mind you I don't use a headset but I can still hear him talking, we die the next round but kill Jason again on the third game. The fourth game we try again. It's a Savini Jason and other members of the lobby are pack hunting.  Okay, whatever, so I go off on my own to grab the sweater and come back to do my part while they're all swarming on Jason. Of course, Jason gets away from his attackers and comes after me, keeping between me and the others like a smart player would do. All I hear is the other members of the lobby calling me stupid and useless for not getting to them while I'm running for my life. Of course Jason kills me then proceeds to wreak havoc on the rest. Next thing I know I'm getting hateful inbox messages, some of which had to be censored by xbox. I know the online community can be rough, but damn. As fate would have it, I come back as Tommy and try to help, but by then they're all dead. I play out the rest of the match but die since no objectives were completed. And all I can hear is the hate directed at me. Of course I leave the party, shaking my head, but there are times I wish I could reach through the system and grab the little toxic maggots by the throat. It was a good reminder why I make it a rule to keep to myself. Still love the game, though. Silence is golden.  Cheers and game on, my friends 

• Like 2

Yeah, this is pretty much why I don’t use a mic. Even without a mic people still find a way to be toxic, and it really sucks. But you did the right thing to leave the party. 

• Like 1

Same boat here. I don’t even like to hear what people are saying. Never understood being cocky over a video game.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FridayThe31st said:

Yeah, this is pretty much why I don’t use a mic. Even without a mic people still find a way to be toxic, and it really sucks. But you did the right thing to leave the party. 

Thanks, man.

I'm getting closer and closer to just muting everyone in the lobby from the beginning. I figure the decent ones would DM me to join a group that is non-toxic.  I just ignore right now but it IS tough when the personal insults start over a video game!

Don't get me wrong - trash-talking TO Jason or a counselor is hilarious at times but not personally to the PLAYER.  

• Like 1

Thankfully, the mute Button had been invented and I really Hope we Never, never encounter a „mute Button glitch“ (= all players unmuted by accident during a Match...😉)

16 hours ago, Wolledc said:

Thankfully, the mute Button had been invented and I really Hope we Never, never encounter a „mute Button glitch“ (= all players unmuted by accident during a Match...😉)

On PC the mute function doesn't work half of the time.  

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 10:27 AM, SonofOdin6039 said:

Silence is golden.

This

I cannot fathom playing this game without being in a private party chat (unless there's a specific reason).

Last night I had a game as Jason where everyone died, as usual (not trying to brag or anything but it is the truth). While chasing down the last counselor, I get a message from one of them telling me the rest of the lobby is screaming toxic shit at me over the air (because... of course they are. After all, only garbage Jason's go 8/8, right?) I told him I always mute everyone and never heard a word of it. Round ends and I send one of them a "Good game" PM, and get instantly blocked as a result. Next round starts and this time I unmute everyone. A few minutes in I see the fuse appear in a nearby cabin. Since Bunny Girl's entire "job" is repairing objectives, I detoured to the cabin to get the fuse and hear the Adam inside start having a shit-fit that I'm in "his house", though he was the one who found and then dropped the fuse. I find it and leave and after he starts following me to the phone-house (still talking shit) I stop and send him a PM which says,  "I'm fixing the phone, you fucking retard" and went about my way. 

Five minutes later everyone else is dead, cops are here, Jason is camping the police exit but misses his Shift-Grab and gets shotgunned by Bunny Girl who then casually jogs past him and escapes.

I changed lobbies as soon as possible... fucking brats.

17 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Last night I had a game as Jason where everyone died, as usual (not trying to brag or anything but it is the truth). While chasing down the last counselor, I get a message from one of them telling me the rest of the lobby is screaming toxic shit at me over the air (because... of course they are. After all, only garbage Jason's go 8/8, right?) I told him I always mute everyone and never heard a word of it. Round ends and I send one of them a "Good game" PM, and get instantly blocked as a result. Next round starts and this time I unmute everyone. A few minutes in I see the fuse appear in a nearby cabin. Since Bunny Girl's entire "job" is repairing objectives, I detoured to the cabin to get the fuse and hear the Adam inside start having a shit-fit that I'm in "his house", though he was the one who found and then dropped the fuse. I find it and leave and after he starts following me to the phone-house (still talking shit) I stop and send him a PM which says,  "I'm fixing the phone, you fucking retard" and went about my way. 

Five minutes later everyone else is dead, cops are here, Jason is camping the police exit but misses his Shift-Grab and gets shotgunned by Bunny Girl who then casually jogs past him and escapes.

I changed lobbies as soon as possible... fucking brats.

Amen brother 

• Like 1

On 11/29/2019 at 6:10 PM, Rabid-child said:

I got told to kill myself because I wouldn't pick up more than one person on the boat.

It's unbelievable how unrealistic they can be

On 11/29/2019 at 4:10 PM, Rabid-child said:

I got told to kill myself because I wouldn't pick up more than one person on the boat.

I don't think you can get any lower than that. That's unreal. Hope this nutcase doesn't repeat it to someone with self esteem issues.

• Like 1

It‘s annoying and disturbing to encounter such unqualified, outragous Players (I usually mute persons in the Lobby, when they indicate to act that way or turn down the volume in the game when I forgot to mute before).

I do not want to Imagine, if he Is behaving this way also to 10 year old Kids,  who play more than often in quickplay...

You get a lot of idiots online. Had plenty of messages for not stunning Jason with the sweater. Sometimes you press Y and it doesn't work, or the emotes come up instead. Played the game over a year, level 150 I know what I'm doing. 

last summer i used to stay up late and play the game.

really strange people are in some lobbies.

i remember a guy breathing into the mic and making erotic moaning noises.

i dont know why but friday the 13th the game has this huge Gay following.

I dont use a mic anymore when playing the game.

Some of the gay guys wont leave me alone they ask me to fix things for them and they flirt and hit on me which is unwanted flirtatious attention which is sexual harassment.

Ive been in some bad cussing matches with the feminine guys some of them try to direct and dominate straight guys in the game.

I No longer use a mic because of there is kids who cuss me and there is other problems and as an adult straight man i dont want to be reported for anything and i refuse to play the game with kids or perverts so i turned the ability for people to send me messages off. i changed my name and locked my playstation and xbox up totally because people were trying to crack my account.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Luckily I don''t need to deal with this crap no more since I just play offline bots now which I find more fun anyways. It's hard to trust anyone now especially the Vanessa's and Bugzy's, the most screwjob counselors online :D.  I also have some different opinions about the rage buff for Jason which they should fix up like have some stun chance for him or something since you can put him in rage for the first 5 mins by teamers I just find it unplayable to play as a counselor. Atleast when I play as Jason, I like to have fun, can careless if I die or anything else that makes the counselors almost victorious. I'm level 150 now so why should it matter now right.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 10:27 AM, SonofOdin6039 said:

As a rule, I generally don't intermix online while playing. Instead I keep to myself and play the game as it unfolds before me, survive or die. If I make contact with another player using flashlight signals and emotes, and we come up with a game plan, then I will play it out. The other night this kid inboxes me while he is tommy and wants to kill jason. Okey doke. We grab the sweater, catch Jason between us, and bury the axe in his head. Thumbs up all around. Then he invites me to his party. Mind you I don't use a headset but I can still hear him talking, we die the next round but kill Jason again on the third game. The fourth game we try again. It's a Savini Jason and other members of the lobby are pack hunting.  Okay, whatever, so I go off on my own to grab the sweater and come back to do my part while they're all swarming on Jason. Of course, Jason gets away from his attackers and comes after me, keeping between me and the others like a smart player would do. All I hear is the other members of the lobby calling me stupid and useless for not getting to them while I'm running for my life. Of course Jason kills me then proceeds to wreak havoc on the rest. Next thing I know I'm getting hateful inbox messages, some of which had to be censored by xbox. I know the online community can be rough, but damn. As fate would have it, I come back as Tommy and try to help, but by then they're all dead. I play out the rest of the match but die since no objectives were completed. And all I can hear is the hate directed at me. Of course I leave the party, shaking my head, but there are times I wish I could reach through the system and grab the little toxic maggots by the throat. It was a good reminder why I make it a rule to keep to myself. Still love the game, though. Silence is golden.  Cheers and game on, my friends 

See, this is what happens when 10-year-olds are allowed unsupervised online gaming. It kinda makes me miss the days of playing Quake II online. Back then, the majority of players would tell each other GG after every (or at least most) matches, even if you flat-out sucked and came in dead last. What's so hard about NOT being a total enema-nozzle to a complete stranger you just met 5 minutes ago?

Yeah, you got killed with the sweater. So what? You can always try again next round, it's not the end of the world and it's certainly not worth being a salty brat over.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

See, this is what happens when 10-year-olds are allowed unsupervised online gaming. It kinda makes me miss the days of playing Quake II online. Back then, the majority of players would tell each other GG after every (or at least most) matches, even if you flat-out sucked and came in dead last. What's so hard about NOT being a total enema-nozzle to a complete stranger you just met 5 minutes ago?

Yeah, you got killed with the sweater. So what? You can always try again next round, it's not the end of the world and it's certainly not worth being a salty brat over.

We live in a different era of gaming now. I still tell players good game in most games I play to this day. I guess it's in my blood.

• Like 1

World needs more sportsmanship like that and not the hostility generated these days. I miss the days of system linking 2 tvs and 2 xbox consoles together and having eight friends duke it out on halo ce all night long.  Sure, venon came out, but at the end we split pizzas and laughed it out. No one does that anymore 

17 hours ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

World needs more sportsmanship like that and not the hostility generated these days. I miss the days of system linking 2 tvs and 2 xbox consoles together and having eight friends duke it out on halo ce all night long.  Sure, venon came out, but at the end we split pizzas and laughed it out. No one does that anymore 

Amen to that brother. We need more pizza nights to make the world go 'round.

• Like 1