FabrinRodriguez

New to the series, whats the best way of watching them???

I'm going through loads of slashers currently and its finally time i watch friday the 13th. So far i haven't watched any sequels but I've heard the 4th one is the best and the first is pretty slow. I might end up watching both but it'd be nice to know what people think is best.

I know the story and the part 1 plot twist so I dont think id miss much story wise by just going straight to 4?

I'd prefer to not watch more than ~2 unless i end up really liking them so order recommendations are most helpful.fedloan irs.gov easybib

@FabrinRodriguez

Since you already know the story I would start with the 2009 remake it has several great elements from the original movies used in it’s story.

If you enjoy it you will love all the Originals and appreciate where the remake got all its inspiration from.

After that just go straight down the list from the beginning.

1-8, Jason goes to Hell, Freddy vs Jason and then Jason X.

I know Freddy Vs Jason came out after Jason X but since Jason X takes place in the future it is technically the finale film in the original series.

P.S. personally I think the best one is Jason Lives F13 part 6 its my favorite.

also welcome to the Forum!!!

it’s always great when the Franchise adds to the fan base. 

I really enjoy parts 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8 the most out of the franchise. Some don’t like 8 but I do. You won’t be disappointed In those parts I listed except maybe 8 you won’t like. My favorites are 4 and 6 easy. 

After part 7 the movie started to come out with dumb movies. Even though there are some dumb things and a lot wrong with part 8 I still like it anyway. But nothing is as dumb as part 9. Jason goes to hell is easily the worst movie of the franchise. (Don’t even waste your time with this one) and a really silly/stupid but at the same time an entertaining movie Jason X. (It was decent) Also Freddy v Jason ain’t bad. And the 2009 remake is decent but I wasn’t a huge fan. The movie didn’t remind me of what the F13 franchise is supposed to be 

also part 5 I was okay with. I liked it but it’s not a favorite 

Assuming you buy the complete set, watch 1,2,3, and 4. Use discs 5,6,7,8,9,10,11, and the remake as coasters. 

• Confused 1

@FabrinRodriguez

There is plenty to like in ALL the movies....

you will have to be the judge yourself.

I happen to love all of them including the Remake...

(it’s a mash up of the first 4 films.)

and I like Jason Goes to Hell....

(it definitely goes its own way with the story and changes a lot of what we know or think we know about Jason.)

....come back to this thread and let us know what are your favorites or which ones you didn’t like.