Strigoi

What if ? Miller and Horror inc Sold F13TH To Blumhouse,Lebron James or Rob Zombie.

I Havent posted in this forum for months because everyone complained that i was spamming.

So i just thought id specualate about who will get the rights to Friday the 13th after Miller and Cunningham Die.

Cunningham and Miller are old enough to start thinking of selling the Friday the 13th franchise.

There is a list of celebrities that have shown interest in the Friday the 13th franchise.

Mainly Lebron James and Blumhouse has shown interest in the Friday the 13th franchise and making their own F13th movies.

If Blumhouse ever bought the Friday the 13th franchise it would work well with Wes Keltner and Gunmedia.

Lebron James would be interesting if he got involved with Friday the 13th. maybe we would see a Black Jason from the hood.

The Best option for Friday the 13th would be ROB ZOMBIE Buying the Friday the 13th franchise.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

No, no, and no.  Out of those three, Blumhouse would be the better choice but I still don't trust them based on their majority of movies being very so-so or bad (especially the ones made for Hulu).  Given, Halloween was great, but that was because you had writers with a good idea that LOVED the original(s) but wanted to right the ship that became erratic over the course of the mid 80's-2000's with their idea.  So:

1.  Blumhouse-  Better choice, but not so great track record.

2.  Lebron -  Absolutely not, no matter how interested he would be, especially in the way you suggested.  We don't need MORE gender/race swapping going on.  Enough of that going on everywhere as is (this PC/pandering agenda is really out of hand ).

3.  Rob Zombie -  He would be better off making an original idea than taking another established franchise and making "his version".  Disliked nearly everything he did with Halloween (although the mask wasn't too shabby VS everything after the original Halloween II), and don't get me started on HIS H2.  DEAR GOD what a bad film!

I personally don't have any candidates to offer up because I don't trust anyone to do justice to the franchise as a whole anymore.

• Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

You haven’t posted in months? You just posted back on November 13th about Gun making a Halloween game in another thread. 

Your right i did post. but it wasnt a thread.

I Quit posting threads after so many people complained and then Moderator Kodiak gave me a warning point for spam.

1 hour ago, RustInPeace said:

No, no, and no.  Out of those three, Blumhouse would be the better choice but I still don't trust them based on their majority of movies being very so-so or bad (especially the ones made for Hulu).  Given, Halloween was great, but that was because you had writers with a good idea that LOVED the original(s) but wanted to right the ship that became erratic over the course of the mid 80's-2000's with their idea.  So:

1.  Blumhouse-  Better choice, but not so great track record.

2.  Lebron -  Absolutely not, no matter how interested he would be, especially in the way you suggested.  We don't need MORE gender/race swapping going on.  Enough of that going on everywhere as is (this PC/pandering agenda is really out of hand ).

3.  Rob Zombie -  He would be better off making an original idea than taking another established franchise and making "his version".  Disliked nearly everything he did with Halloween (although the mask wasn't too shabby VS everything after the original Halloween II), and don't get me started on HIS H2.  DEAR GOD what a bad film!

I personally don't have any candidates to offer up because I don't trust anyone to do justice to the franchise as a whole anymore.

I Wonder if Sean Cunningham plans on leaving his company Horror inc to his children.

I Still say that Rob Zombie if he bought the F13th franchise could make classic 1970s and 80s throw back Friday the 13th movies and video games.

Can you imagine the endless possabilities if another company bought the full Friday the 13th rights,license,franchise.

Lebron James has said that he would like to make a Friday the 13th movie.

Lebron James has Expressed that hes a HUGE Fan of Friday the 13th franchise.

Jason Blum from Blumhouse has said that he wants to make Friday the 13th movies.

Rob Zombie would fit so well for Friday the 13th.

Rob Zombie did such a horrible job in making the Halloween reboot, I wouldn't want him to be any part of F13. 

Zombie almost killed Halloween. 

2 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Rob Zombie did such a horrible job in making the Halloween reboot, I wouldn't want him to be any part of F13. 

#Truth 

2 hours ago, SirMang said:

Well what motion picture movie company would you like to see Buy The Complete Rights of Friday the 13th.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/10/22/18010868/friday-the-13th-reboot-lebron-james-production

3 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

Seconded, a million times. I have no interest in seeing "Jerome Vorhees", the poor black kid who drowned because white kids were too busy partying or whatever, and now he's back to exact his revenge. LeBron would probably hire Jordan Peele to direct and this fun franchise would immediately turn into social propaganda films, but hey, it'd be the one time a Friday the 13th movie would get nominated for an Oscar, so there's that I guess.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

How about none of those choices. 

rob zombie- hell no, his Halloween movies sucked. 

Lebron- HELL no he’d ruin the film and a black Jason? I’d rather it stay as OG as possible. 

blumhouse- prob the best choice but still no

How about someone simply comes up with an original idea and we move on from this series. Every time they make a new one it's just a little bit worse than the last. And let's not forget the fact that Miller thought Jason being the killer was a stupid idea to begin with. We don't need any more reboots or remakes. We need new killers. New motives.  New twists. Friday the 13th would have been the perfect series had it stopped with part 4. 

22 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Friday the 13th would have been the perfect series had it stopped with part 4. 

Almost agree with you 100%. But I would say it would have been the perfect series if they would have made parts 1-4, scrap part 5 and make 6 the finally. 

• Like 1

LeBron is an idiot.  The guy is good at basketball, but for some reason some people act like he is worth listening to or has some original ideas. He isn't, and he doesn't.  Also, did people intentionally forget he faked a hate crime?

Rob Zombie is talented, but is very one-note.  I thought House of 1000 Corpses was great, but everything since has hit that exact same note.

I actually think Jordan Peele could be great.  Us was very scary.  I do agree that social commentary would probably be unnecessary for a Friday the 13th movie; but if done with a light hand, it might could work.

4 hours ago, Strigoi said:

I guarantee you that he isn't doing anything with the Friday the 13th name as long as the lawsuit is ongoing. And I'll even add that depending on who wins the lawsuit, he may not be doing anything at all.

20 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Almost agree with you 100%. But I would say it would have been the perfect series if they would have made parts 1-4, scrap part 5 and make 6 the finally. 

Don't get me wrong I like 6, and I grew up on Kane Hodder as Jason, but they really should have stopped at part 4. I get that 80s kids want to see Jason make a comeback. But honestly I don't think anyone today will pull it off. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I actually think Jordan Peele could be great.  Us was very scary.  I do agree that social commentary would probably be unnecessary for a Friday the 13th movie; but if done with a light hand, it might could work.

Jordan Peele said he won't have white people as his leading roles. Imagine if it was a white director that said he won't have black people as leading roles in his film. People would chew him up alive and his career would be over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

I get that 80s kids want to see Jason make a comeback. But honestly I don't think anyone today will pull it off. 

In total agreement with that statement.

• Thanks 1

As long as DISNEY isn‘t going to buy the rights (they seem to buy everything with a name which could guarantee profit) I am fine. 

I Think LIONSGATE is a good film company.

after miller or cunningham pass away they may leave friday the 13th to their children.

23 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Those are links to articles that are over a year old each. The same thing with that YouTube video you linked to. Stop being useless.

Well this thread is about who might be interested in the friday the 13th franchise after miller or cunningham die.

Will Horror inc continue after sean cunningham passes away.