Sanitago5

Is there actually a way to know who has the Savini Jason legitimately so we can report it?

We are told that the Savini Jason and a clothing pack is exclusive to the people who donated kickstarter to the Friday the 13th project, I guess more than half who supported at that time don’t even play anymore. Now if we go to eBay we see people selling "the method" to get the Savini Jason and the exclusive clothing pack, thus getting money on the ribs from the owners of this game. The exclusive term is no longer so exclusive and there are people taking advantage of this, they should add a way to get this Jason and this clothing pack and end this once and for all, plus that would help to revive the game a bit.

I’d like you to tell me if there’s a way to identify players who don’t have the Savini Jason or the clothing pack legitimately so I can report them, because on top of that, There are people making money on eBay because there’s no other way to get it.

Y4o9KJk.png

• Haha 1

If they're dumb enough to spend that much money on a sub par Jason in a dying game, then I say let them have him. 

And by the way for the hundred millionth time, they are NOT going to release Savini Jason. The only way you can get him is to spend way too much for him on eBay. That's it. 

But on the other hand just try to remember Savini is junk. Even most of the people who have him won't use him. 

On 11/23/2019 at 10:57 AM, Somethin Cool said:

If they're dumb enough to spend that much money on a sub par Jason in a dying game, then I say let them have him. 

And by the way for the hundred millionth time, they are NOT going to release Savini Jason. The only way you can get him is to spend way too much for him on eBay. That's it. 

But on the other hand just try to remember Savini is junk. Even most of the people who have him won't use him. 

I’m wondering, can somebody get banned for buying this stuff off eBay? I’ve seen many people selling this stuff on eBay, the DLC for the backer clothing pack and Savini Jason for mainly Xbox One & PC - out of curiosity, can somebody get banned for this? 

I’ve seen many low level people with Savini (and by low level I mean under level 8.) and while I’m not saying every low level person bought from eBay, I know some probably have because by looking at their profile, they just started unlocking achievements for all games in general only about a month ago. Either way, the main question I’m wondering is if it’s bannable. Like if somebody decides to buy this say on Xbox, and it’s the DLC, how would anybody know (besides if their account is fairly new) that they didn’t always have the DLC and just download it right now?  

6 minutes ago, FridayThe31st said:

I’m wondering, can somebody get banned for buying this stuff off eBay? I’ve seen many people selling this stuff on eBay, the DLC for the backer clothing pack and Savini Jason for mainly Xbox One & PC - out of curiosity, can somebody get banned for this? 

I’ve seen many low level people with Savini (and by low level I mean under level 8.) and while I’m not saying every low level person bought from eBay, I know some probably have because by looking at their profile, they just started unlocking achievements for all games in general only about a month ago. Either way, the main question I’m wondering is if it’s bannable. Like if somebody decides to buy this say on Xbox, and it’s the DLC, how would anybody know (besides if their account is fairly new) that they didn’t always have the DLC and just download it right now?  

PC is almost guaranteed to be hackers. Nobody is paying $$$ for Savini when they can get every hack in the game for $50. But honestly I'd say no you can't really ban them for it. How would you know who has a legit account and who doesn't?

Just now, Somethin Cool said:

PC is almost guaranteed to be hackers. Nobody is paying $$$ for Savini when they can get every hack in the game for $50. But honestly I'd say no you can't really ban them for it. How would you know who has a legit account and who doesn't?

Yeah I figured PC is guaranteed to be a hack. Thanks for the information. 

Think you missed the boat, people have been buying Savini off ebay for a few years no one cares that much anymore so reporting them just because you are bitter is kinda lame now 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The 1 method they sell is detectable and will get you banned but there are a few ways on PC to obtain him and there is no way to prove whether they were a legit backer. There are some backers who very rarely played and are still lower levels so you can't go reporting all you see just because they are only like level 10 when there is a very slight possibility they are legit. I'd rather see Gun spending their time on fixing the game than spending it being Savini police.

On 11/24/2019 at 2:51 PM, Somethin Cool said:

A system could have been implemented in the beginning. It's too late to worry about it now.

On 12/3/2019 at 3:17 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

The 1 method they sell is detectable and will get you banned but there are a few ways on PC to obtain him and there is no way to prove whether they were a legit backer. There are some backers who very rarely played and are still lower levels so you can't go reporting all you see just because they are only like level 10 when there is a very slight possibility they are legit. I'd rather see Gun spending their time on fixing the game than spending it being Savini police.

I agree. If we reported every low level Savini, there would be more false reports than real ones.

• Like 2

Even most of the people who have him won't use him. 

You are wrong, I love using goth hell jason!

I've heard people claim he's not the best (which is false), but I haven't heard anyone claim he's "junk" before now.  

Savini is objectively the best.  Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I've heard people claim he's not the best (which is false), but I haven't heard anyone claim he's "junk" before now.  

Savini is objectively the best.  Your opinion is bad and you should feel bad.

Savini is obsolete. Part 3 is the best Jason in the game. Or Roy, if you don't mind trading lower health and no weapon strength for more throwing knives. The only thing Savini is good for is making every Jason killer in the lobby try his hardest. I just killed one this morning in fact. He played well. It was nothing against his skill. I simply killed him because he was a Savini...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Savini is obsolete. Part 3 is the best Jason in the game. Or Roy, if you don't mind trading lower health and no weapon strength for more throwing knives. The only thing Savini is good for is making every Jason killer in the lobby try his hardest. I just killed one this morning in fact. He played well. It was nothing against his skill. I simply killed him because he was a Savini...

The fact that you're not listing any specific reasons for why you think he's "junk" leads me to believe you're being silly.  Which is fine.

Because obviously Savini's combination of +shift, +destruction, and +weapon damage is clearly the best 1-2-3 punch of strengths, and he has no weaknesses which really matter much.

So I get it...you're looking for cheap laughs.  I like it.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

The fact that you're not listing any specific reasons for why you think he's "junk" leads me to believe you're being silly.  Which is fine.

Because obviously Savini's combination of +shift, +destruction, and +weapon damage is clearly the best 1-2-3 punch of strengths, and he has no weaknesses which really matter much.

So I get it...you're looking for cheap laughs.  I like it.

Destruction is obsolete

He's a walker

Minus water speed=fix a boat for easy escape

Those are facts

Part 4 has 2 of the same strengths as Savini  and can run but he is considered by many as the worst Jason in the game. Part 5 aside from mask coming off easier is one of the best in the game especially after weapon swap. All his abilities recharge pretty quickly even faster than 3's abilities from what I've noticed. + throwing knives is underrated. All this is my opinion. If you want destruction use part 8 he's better than Savini and can catch a boat if needed.

+Shift is the best strength in the game by someone who can use it effectively.  Not only can you surprise someone from a LONG distance with a shift-grab, you can (and should) use it to close the gap in between morphs as well.  The speed, length, and cooldown given by this strength is awesome.

+Destruction you say is "obsolete," but that is only during Rage.  For the first 8 minutes or so of the match, +Destruction is a huge advantage which applies pressure early in the match.  Part 2 is the only Jason who has a better early match advantage (with +Morph and +Traps), but Part 2 is crap in the late-game with his -Shift.

+Weapon strength is the best defense against Jason hunters, 99% of whom are running Thick Skin and Medic.

As for weaknesses, -Water speed is a marginally harmful weakness because:

1. The most effective way to stop the boat is to stalk and play "goalie," which doesn't require much speed.

2. Half the people you play in matches won't bother to attempt to repair much of anything.

3. The boat doesn't even spawn in half the maps.

Lack of running is an annoyance, but even the running Jasons are a good bit slower than counselors, who can always win a foot race if they are decent at managing their stamina.

And -Grip Strength is barely even a weakness.  Any decent Jason will equip either Head Punch or One-Handed Choke as a kill, which are both easy and quick to pull off, negating the need for Grip Strength unless you are just in the mood to get a very specific environmental kill...which you could make easier by crippling the counselor first with your +Weapon Strength...but you probably shouldn't do anyway because many of the environmental kills are glitched anyway.

Maybe Savini isn't your favorite Jason.  Maybe he doesn't perfectly match your preferred playstyle.  But there's really no logical argument that he doesn't have the best OVERALL combination of useful strengths and lack of crippling weaknesses.  He's not "OP" or "Cheat Mode" or anything similar as claimed by whiners who can't handle dying, but he is the best overall.

I find that the only people who keep making the argument he's not the best are either:

a. Savini owners who for some reason are worried someone will think less of them for using the "OP" (not my sentiments; see above) Jason

OR

b. people who don't have Savini who practice the "sour grapes" philosophy.

20 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Shift is the best strength in the game by someone who can use it effectively.  Not only can you surprise someone from a LONG distance with a shift-grab, you can (and should) use it to close the gap in between morphs as well.  The speed, length, and cooldown given by this strength is awesome.

+Shift has nothing to do with speed or length. +Shift simply means the cool down is 20 seconds instead of 30.

22 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Destruction you say is "obsolete," but that is only during Rage.  For the first 8 minutes or so of the match, +Destruction is a huge advantage which applies pressure early in the match.  Part 2 is the only Jason who has a better early match advantage (with +Morph and +Traps), but Part 2 is crap in the late-game with his -Shift.

Oh really? 😏

Part 4 and part 8 also have +destruction. Which has nothing to do with early match advantage. Part 2 is the ONLY Jason with an early match advantage. -shift isn't that much of a problem late game. +morph more than makes up for -shift. If you conserve shift and use morph correctly you won't have any problems.

27 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Weapon strength is the best defense against Jason hunters, 99% of whom are running Thick Skin and Medic.

Part 3, 4, and 7 also have weapon strength. +Throwing knives is an equally effective strength.

30 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

. The most effective way to stop the boat is to stalk and play "goalie," which doesn't require much speed.

I could run -water speed around the lake for days. The amount of time you would waste sitting at the exit would allow every other objective to be completed.

32 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

. Half the people you play in matches won't bother to attempt to repair much of anything.

I play competitively. Everything will get repaired if you're not paying attention.

34 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Lack of running is an annoyance, but even the running Jasons are a good bit slower than counselors, who can always win a foot race if they are decent at managing their stamina.

Kenny can out jog a walker

36 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Maybe Savini isn't your favorite Jason.  Maybe he doesn't perfectly match your preferred playstyle.  But there's really no logical argument that he doesn't have the best OVERALL combination of useful strengths and lack of crippling weaknesses. 

Part 3 is unfortunately the only Jason with the best overall strengths that also doesn't have any real weaknesses. If part 2 or part 4 had neutral shift speed (which is the same speed as Savini 😉) they would easily take over as top Jason. Even with -shift recharge of 40 seconds.

On 11/23/2019 at 3:24 AM, Sanitago5 said:

We are told that the Savini Jason and a clothing pack is exclusive to the people who donated kickstarter to the Friday the 13th project, I guess more than half who supported at that time don’t even play anymore. Now if we go to eBay we see people selling "the method" to get the Savini Jason and the exclusive clothing pack, thus getting money on the ribs from the owners of this game. The exclusive term is no longer so exclusive and there are people taking advantage of this, they should add a way to get this Jason and this clothing pack and end this once and for all, plus that would help to revive the game a bit.

I’d like you to tell me if there’s a way to identify players who don’t have the Savini Jason or the clothing pack legitimately so I can report them, because on top of that, There are people making money on eBay because there’s no other way to get it.

Y4o9KJk.png

Isn’t this just a little incredibly petty? I mean what are you trying to accomplish here other than making yourself feel better about something so insignificant? 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 1:30 PM, Somethin Cool said:

+Shift has nothing to do with speed or length. +Shift simply means the cool down is 20 seconds instead of 30.

Yikes, uh.. have you ever played as a Jason with +shift? Yes, it is noticeably faster moving than neutral and -shift Jasons. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Something Cool is correct it's been tested.+ shift is no faster speed or distance wise than normal shift it just means you can use it more often.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 9:59 AM, cutecharm said:

Yikes, uh.. have you ever played as a Jason with +shift? Yes, it is noticeably faster moving than neutral and -shift Jasons. 

I'm sorry, I didn't get a notification for this comment. And to answer your question, yes I have played as a plus shift Jason...

Neutral and plus shift are the exact same speed and duration. The only difference is the cool down. Neutral shift cool down is 30 seconds pre rage. Plus shift cool down is 20 seconds pre rage. That is the only difference between the two.

Negative shift is noticably slower and has less duration than neutral/plus shift. It only lasts about 5 seconds. Where as neutral/plus shift last about 6 seconds. The cool down for negative shift is 40 seconds pre rage. In other words, negative shift is ass. This is more noticeable when using part 4. Part 2 Jason's ass shift is balanced with plus morph. Plus morph means the cool down for morph is 20 seconds.

The other night I ran into a Savini level 30ish or something. He had a VAC ban on his record and surprise surprise...he has using infinite shift. He only got 2/7.

I suppose it shouldn't mean anything. In my experiences, most of the Jason cheaters (Savini or others) are low level probably due to alt accounts. The counselor cheaters I've come across have been higher levels. 

I would guess that anyone that has Jason "legitimately" would have it activated on their account from a looong time ago. If you report them, the devs could look at the account and determine when the Savini was activated and know from that point whether or not it was legitimate. I suppose reporting Savini users won't hurt people that have him legitimately. If I ever get wrongly banned I can provide my receipt which I still have in my email.

21 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I would guess that anyone that has Jason "legitimately" would have it activated on their account from a looong time ago. If you report them, the devs could look at the account and determine when the Savini was activated and know from that point whether or not it was legitimate. I suppose reporting Savini users won't hurt people that have him legitimately. If I ever get wrongly banned I can provide my receipt which I still have in my email.

What about if somebody got it off the Microsoft store (or PlayStation store I’m guessing too) when it was accidentally released that one time, and they never put it onto their account till just recently? Or if somebody has had the dlc there from when it was accidentally released and decided to download just in case they get an Xbox or PS4 and, then they recently get one of those counsels and downloaded Friday the 13th? Then they’d be a really low level and have Savini legitimately. 

On 1/3/2020 at 5:38 AM, tyrant666 said:

The other night I ran into a Savini level 30ish or something. He had a VAC ban on his record and surprise surprise...he has using infinite shift. He only got 2/7.

I suppose it shouldn't mean anything. In my experiences, most of the Jason cheaters (Savini or others) are low level probably due to alt accounts. The counselor cheaters I've come across have been higher levels. 

That's usually how I can tell its a fake savini. They 100% of the time will be using infinite shift eventually. I always spot check levels while waiting in lobby to determine how im going to play the match. When i see a low level savini im usually skeptical and will watch how they play. I had one guy a few months back that tried hiding his infinite shift for awhile and was playing somewhat normal, but when he was unable to catch me for awhile and got agitated, he started to spam the shift. He eventually got me, but i was prepared for it when came back as tommy and led him on another long chase of me being a bit of a dick to him for cheating. lol These low level Jasons arent good with the shift, so the number of times they have it really doesnt matter if you can avoid and get in side cabins, can manage stamina and still give them a headache. :)