Sign in to follow this  
jonesflamingo

Server Ping and Being Jason

I have an awesome internet connection but being in the Seattle area, I seem to be geographically distanced from your servers based on my ping which at best is 112.....I'm also fairly sure this makes me get selected as Jason less, sorta annoying. Have gone at least 20 games without being selected presently. Where are your servers, where Gun media is headquartered?

Pretty sure Gun Media is based in Kentucky, from a quick google search that’s what I get. 

I’m not sure the ping has anything to do with being selected as Jason (I could be wrong), it just seems  the whole selection process is kisnd of broken. Even with my preference set on Jason and frequently joining new lobbies since that sometimes for some reason ups the chance of being Jason, sometimes I don’t get to be Jason for a whole day. And other times I get selected twice in a row - which I’m not complaining about at all - but it just doesn’t make sense how the process of choosing could be based on what the player’s preferences are on if people who have their preferences on Jason almost never get chosen. Super weird.

If in your case your ping does cause you to get selected less as Jason, then I imagine that must be really frustrating. Have you tried joining new lobbies every so often? I know that does up your chances of becoming Jason a little more. 

As far as I know, ping has nothing to do with Jason selection. But, I have went 40+ consecutive rounds without being selected as Jason. It’s random selection, but for some reason, it seems to over look individuals sometimes. 

18 hours ago, jonesflamingo said:

Yeah so what the heck causes that? Bad luck? It seems something is canceling out a "turn".

It seems that when new people join the lobby it completely overlooks the people who are already in the lobby - despite if they’ve played as Jason yet or not. It’s kind of weird though since I’ve been selected twice in a row sometimes, even when new people join the lobby. It makes no sense.