Sign in to follow this  
Ste_Wolf

Its way too easy to kill Jason

On 11/19/2019 at 2:07 PM, 45 RPM said:

I was killed the other day by an obvious 'kill squad'. I'll just need to get better at playing Jason and first recognize that this is their plan and then try to avoid the sweater. I don't MIND groups trying to do this, what makes it bad - for me at least - id the toxic taunting and chatter as they do it. The derogatory terms and personal taunts are making me think about just muting EVERYONE in the lobby to start.   Some nasty-ass players who would cry if they fail and yet can drop some plain old mean taunts when they kill.

Practice, practice, practice for me! 

That's the first thing I do when joining a lobby (mute everyone). Even when playing with friends, they know to PM me if they've got something to tell me because if they try saying it over the air, I'll never hear it. As far as taunting, I never tea-bag or dance on anyone, ever... the only possible exception being a Jason who is clearly teaming with a counselor. If Jason rage-quits, he might get a PM about it if he quits mid-death, but that's about it.

When playing as Jason, however, I'm more likely to be an asshole taunt-wise. If you tea-bag or dance on me (which most people here know is a major pet-peeve of mine), all you've accomplished is guaranteeing I will do everyone possible to kill you (and once I do, you're getting a nasty PM about it). Likewise, if you see me breaking down a door or Stalk-hiding by a window/door, and you get killed because you thought it'd be a good idea to try and sneak attack me from behind only to get grabbed at the last second, you also will probably get a nasty PM telling you what an idiot you are. 

Like this guy:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TedWhiteJ4 said:

I have been playing this game since launch was a backer so I will give my 2 cents, yes it’s very easy to kill Jason , it is one of the easiest things to do in this game. What people have to now understand is that this game is no longer about trying to survive as a counselor this is not challenging at all anymore, I look at it as a challenge to kill everyone while not being killed as Jason, that is what this game is now and it’s not going to change.  People  can adapt to it and have fun with as I learned to do, or be pissed off(like I used to be) it is what it is.

With this logic. They should remove the cars, the boat, the cops, the time limit win and the perks for counselors and give Jason the location of the Jarvis Radio/Power Box Connected to it and turn the game into what it became inevitably. A poorly coded Street Fighter simulation.

When they talked about how it was '1 in 75' times during their playtesting. I kinda doubt the goal was to make a game where the hunter became the hunted, but because they were so incompetent and lazy. The best they could do was nerf Jason into the ground over 2017 with buggy patches and feature removals and then give out the lazy rage update as an apology for the meta not being what they wanted the game to become.

They can hide behind the money excuse. As if peddling clothing packs and kill packs was gonna give them the revenue they needed to support the game with more consistency and quality. The reality is they showed they couldn't consistently do that when they actually had clothing pack/kill pack money coming in before the lawsuit.

Its your opinion and that's fine, but its definitely in line with the company approach. Just accept it or don't. Many didn't, which is why the playerbase dwindled.

3 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

With this logic. They should remove the cars, the boat, the cops, the time limit win and the perks for counselors and give Jason the location of the Jarvis Radio/Power Box Connected to it and turn the game into what it became inevitably. A poorly coded Street Fighter simulation.

When they talked about how it was '1 in 75' times during their playtesting. I kinda doubt the goal was to make a game where the hunter became the hunted, but because they were so incompetent and lazy. The best they could do was nerf Jason into the ground over 2017 with buggy patches and feature removals and then give out the lazy rage update as an apology for the meta not being what they wanted the game to become.

They can hide behind the money excuse. As if peddling clothing packs and kill packss was gonna give them the revenue they needed to support the game with more consistency and quality. The reality is they showed they couldn't consistently do that when they actually had clothing pack/kill pack money coming in before the lawsuit.

Its your opinion, but its definitely in line the company approach. Just accept it or don't. Many didn't, which is why the playerbase dwindled.

I agree with all your points 100%,  Jason was nerfed in every patch except the “rage” patch ( which actually makes him easier to kill) can’t stack traps, grab, promos for window breaking(giving a safety window for counslers ) etc.....  most of the environmental kills have t worked for months... they say it isn’t “game breaking” .....   When they did the patch were Jason couldn’t be killed in rage, they fixed it right away, not being able to kill Jason in rage is something that was not game breaking either , fact is the meta of this game has become Jason being the hunted,  I hate that this has happened but like I said ..... it is what it is, they don’t even do basic maintenance on this game, do you really think they are going to change this game for the better? I have less than zero confidence in that.

• Like 2

Unfortunately this is a pointless topic. 

Matt made it more than obvious months ago that they don't see any problem with the Jason kill the way it is now. 

No amount of anecdotal evidence or video evidence will change that fact.  And any said evidence will just be spun by him. 

@DontZzz34 and I know all about this from a thread months ago discussing this very topic.  I only pointed him out because I saw him post in this thread also. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SirMang said:

Matt made it more than obvious months ago that they don't see any problem with the Jason kill the way it is now. 

No amount of anecdotal evidence or video evidence will change that fact.  And any said evidence will just be spun by him. 

@DontZzz34 and I know all about this from a thread months ago discussing this very topic.  I only pointed him out because I saw him post in this thread also. 

Yes it’s a shame GUN won’t do anything about it. That’s why I gave up on making threads about the J kill trying to convince the devs after we all got shot down

4 hours ago, SirMang said:

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Yes it’s a shame GUN won’t do anything about it. That’s why I gave up on making threads about the J kill trying to convince the devs after we all got shot down

I guess this has to be expected when those in charge of gameplay balance elements mostly play the game in controlled environment(i.e. for testing purpose) or casually with friends. It doesn't matter how many pieces of evidence we can provide, it's much harder for them to grasp how things are in reality because they probably don't experience those things themselves for the most part.

1 hour ago, makred78 said:

It doesn't matter how many pieces of evidence we can provide, it's much harder for them to grasp how things are in reality because they probably don't experience those things themselves for the most part.

Likely because for them to admit to these realities to themselves would require them to commit more time (and money) into this game.

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

Likely because for them to admit to these realities to themselves would require them to commit more time (and money) into this game.

Speaking of money, it's funny that one of the excuses they are using to justify the amount of time it's taking to fix bugs is because Black Tower isn't the team responsible of the coding/programming so it's hard for them to figure out the ins and outs of the game. But why would they hire them in the first place instead of rehiring Illfonic or maybe extend the contract they had with them prior? After all, they are the ones having the most knowledge regarding the game's guts. Was it cheaper for them to hire that new team?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, makred78 said:

Speaking of money, it's funny that one of the excuses they are using to justify the amount of time it's taking to fix bugs is because Black Tower isn't the team responsible of the coding/programming so it's hard for them to figure out the ins and outs of the game. But why would they hire them in the first place instead of rehiring Illfonic or maybe extend the contract they had with them prior? After all, they are the ones having the most knowledge regarding the game's guts. Was it cheaper for them to hire that new team?

Because Illfonic wanted to get as far away from this property as possible especially once the lawsuit stopped content.