Sign in to follow this  
PowellCampsNAKED

Gameplay adjustment idea!

Not sure if you could even change this due to Lawsuit but here’s my idea - 

if there is a final girl or final guy then Jason’s “Sense” gets shut off to give a chance to that player to actually hide or repair! 

Another idea - 

don’t allow counselors circles when you look at the Maps this way it forces players to communicate example: player 1 “where’s the keys? “ player 2 “I have them I am at on hodders path” !  It would make it more fun and challenging! 

Shut off is not an option, maybe a booster to a random stat and even then it would be unbalanced since god rolls on the perks make unlimited stamina possible, not to mention as Jason is already hit a target (that lock during combat feature sux because most of the time you get stuck) counting for the slow attack speed and the clumsy animation (because all Jasons use the same damn animation for attack), my suggestions for fixing the map and walkie talkies are:

-map should mark (once you find them) the cabins with radios / power generators / fuse boxes, even if you don't have the required item so you can backtrack once you found them, the spots where you find corpses / points of interest should be marked too (sometimes there are items you cant pick at the moment but you cant come back for later) and the only players that should be visible in the map are the ones with walkies

22 hours ago, VLK said:

Shut off is not an option, maybe a booster to a random stat and even then it would be unbalanced since god rolls on the perks make unlimited stamina possible, not to mention as Jason is already hit a target (that lock during combat feature sux because most of the time you get stuck) counting for the slow attack speed and the clumsy animation (because all Jasons use the same damn animation for attack), my suggestions for fixing the map and walkie talkies are:

-map should mark (once you find them) the cabins with radios / power generators / fuse boxes, even if you don't have the required item so you can backtrack once you found them, the spots where you find corpses / points of interest should be marked too (sometimes there are items you cant pick at the moment but you cant come back for later) and the only players that should be visible in the map are the ones with walkies

I wasn’t saying shut off the ping Jason sees I meant other counselors can’t see the map circle location of other players 

I see the point but as teamwork is part of the mechanics of the game that should stay but as i said before once you got the required items, unless that requirements are met then you're on lone wolf mode

On 11/16/2019 at 5:20 PM, PowellCampsNAKED said:

Not sure if you could even change this due to Lawsuit but here’s my idea - 

if there is a final girl or final guy then Jason’s “Sense” gets shut off to give a chance to that player to actually hide or repair! 

Another idea - 

don’t allow counselors circles when you look at the Maps this way it forces players to communicate example: player 1 “where’s the keys? “ player 2 “I have them I am at on hodders path” !  It would make it more fun and challenging! 

This idea has merit, but some drawbacks at the same time.

Allowing Jason to be unable to sense the last counselor would indeed give most players impetus to repair the car/boat/phone. I try to do this, provided Jason is not on my tail. But in actuality how many players that are left to last actually prioritise escaping? When playing as Jason I've searched every corner of a map, spamming Sense, only to have Rage Mode kick in and find out that the player was hiding in a tent with Heavy Sleeper and all the other sense avoidance perks on. Same thing can be said to when I've died as a counselor and had to wait it out while the last player continues to hide; as they had been doing all match. Nobody wants to see this for 10+ mins and most waiting players just simply leave the session. There are too many hiding spots - let alone behind open doors, between room furniture, edges of the map etc. - that most Jason's don't think to check and would make it impossible to check without his Sense ability.

As for removing/reducing counselor pings - I'm all for this. This is the biggest assistance that teamers use to tell Jason or lead him to your exact location. As such, I think it would be cool if the ping was related to the walkie-talkie/radio, like a frequency/soundwave emission. That way everyone has the choice of whether or not they want to pick up a radio. And if they choose not to then they do so at the cost of not being able to communicate over long distances. Not many people use mics in the lobby anyway and teamers would hear you broadcasting your repair, escape or Jason kill plans. Plus, most groups of friends play in their own party chat. Alternatively, the pings on the map could be noise pings, similar to what Jason sees. Meaning if you don't talk on the mic then you don't show up on the map. So if you have a teamer in your game you can just mute your mic in a bid to hide yourself from them.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2019 at 11:11 AM, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

This idea has merit, but some drawbacks at the same time.

Allowing Jason to be unable to sense the last counselor would indeed give most players impetus to repair the car/boat/phone. I try to do this, provided Jason is not on my tail. But in actuality how many players that are left to last actually prioritise escaping? When playing as Jason I've searched every corner of a map, spamming Sense, only to have Rage Mode kick in and find out that the player was hiding in a tent with Heavy Sleeper and all the other sense avoidance perks on. Same thing can be said to when I've died as a counselor and had to wait it out while the last player continues to hide; as they had been doing all match. Nobody wants to see this for 10+ mins and most waiting players just simply leave the session. There are too many hiding spots - let alone behind open doors, between room furniture, edges of the map etc. - that most Jason's don't think to check and would make it impossible to check without his Sense ability.

As for removing/reducing counselor pings - I'm all for this. This is the biggest assistance that teamers use to tell Jason or lead him to your exact location. As such, I think it would be cool if the ping was related to the walkie-talkie/radio, like a frequency/soundwave emission. That way everyone has the choice of whether or not they want to pick up a radio. And if they choose not to then they do so at the cost of not being able to communicate over long distances. Not many people use mics in the lobby anyway and teamers would hear you broadcasting your repair, escape or Jason kill plans. Plus, most groups of friends play in their own party chat. Alternatively, the pings on the map could be noise pings, similar to what Jason sees. Meaning if you don't talk on the mic then you don't show up on the map. So if you have a teamer in your game you can just mute your mic in a bid to hide yourself from them.

I hear you on the no sense but the reason why people hide now and the past is because they know there is no hope in repairing alone!  
100% in the no ping locations for counselors on the map though because of Jason teamers and force of communication! 
I feel like I’ve been playing this game soo much at this point I’m a play tester and studied the broken gameplay balances that are now in play for about 80% of matches! 

The phone and the power box for it should've been in separate cabins. 

Would've made the call much more difficult to perform as the extra step and timing needed would be more difficult.

1. Find fuse

2. Find phone box

3. Find phone itself

4. Defend the phone box and the phone itself. In actuality, this would've been more difficult for both sides since Jason wouldn't be able to shift inside for the phone caller because it wouldn't be in the same house, however actually calling and finding the phone steps would be much harder.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

The phone and the power box for it should've been in separate cabins. 

Would've made the call much more difficult to perform as the extra step and timing needed would be more difficult.

1. Find fuse

2. Find phone box

3. Find phone itself

4. Defend the phone box and the phone itself. In actuality, this would've been more difficult for both sides since Jason wouldn't be able to shift inside for the phone caller because it wouldn't be in the same house, however actually calling and finding the phone steps would be much harder.

That would be cool lol sometimes I can’t find the phone immediately in the same cabin! But good idea! I hope @gun is listening to the ideas!