FridayThe31st

Pretty Much Done Using Flare Guns

Besides the fact that sometimes you directly hit Jason and nothing happens, I’ve been getting this glitch where I shoot him and suddenly I can’t interact with anything. I’m holding the flare gun still and can’t do anything but run, crouch, or do an emote. It’s ridiculous. I’m pretty sure the only way out of it is to get grabbed, slashing doesn’t work because I have been slashed only to still be stuck in the glitch. That’s not a good solution to the glitch especially since many Jason’s out there would love to get an easy kill.

EDIT: and the damn pocket knife glitch. I had something in between them, and what do you know? Pocket knife is gone. Done with firecrackers too unless I don’t have a pocket knife to begin with. 

• Sad 1

flare guns cause alotta problems for some players it seems. lemme tell ya, flare guns are great tools. two things ya might not know:

1- if you arch your aim high you can hit jason from very far away, the distance should keep jasons mitts off you.

2- you can always use the flare for its intended purpose, marking jason. if his music is bumpin outside your cabin & youre not sure where he is, fire the gun & he will appear on your mini map.. then pick a window farthest from jason & make a run for it..

shooting a flare to see where jason is at is very helpful. as a weapon, it can be risky.

2 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

flare guns cause alotta problems for some players it seems. lemme tell ya, flare guns are great tools. two things ya might not know:

1- if you arch your aim high you can hit jason from very far away, the distance should keep jasons mitts off you.

2- you can always use the flare for its intended purpose, marking jason. if his music is bumpin outside your cabin & youre not sure where he is, fire the gun & he will appear on your mini map.. then pick a window farthest from jason & make a run for it..

shooting a flare to see where jason is at is very helpful. as a weapon, it can be risky.

Thanks for the tips. I do use the flare gun to mark Jason on the map, especially when he’s in rage mode and it no longer is a useful weapon. That helps a lot as for knowing where he is. 

1 minute ago, FridayThe31st said:

Thanks for the tips. I do use the flare gun to mark Jason on the map, especially when he’s in rage mode and it no longer is a useful weapon. That helps a lot as for knowing where he is. 

if you ever get locked either step in a trap or go in the water. most of the time it breaks you out. also, sometimes you can drop your weapon or use your rear veiw & its fixes it. not all the time.. youre welcome, keep up the goood campin'

13 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

if you ever get locked either step in a trap or go in the water. most of the time it breaks you out. also, sometimes you can drop your weapon or use your rear veiw & its fixes it. not all the time.. youre welcome, keep up the goood campin'

I’ve tried going in water, doesn’t help all the times I’ve been stuck in the glitch, but I haven’t tried stepping in bear traps to get out of it. Next time I’ll keep that in mind, if I can find one that is since usually whenever I encounter this glitch I’m being chased.

I personally wish that they would make it so you can move while dropping a gun after firing it, I think that if you miss a shot, not getting the stun is kind of punishment enough without being forced to stand still for a full second, possibly allowing Jason to kill you.

If you take damage or get grabbed you'll come out of it. Unfortunately that's easier said than done unless your Jason is cool enough to not kill you when you're defenseless.

Ive only had the bunce off glitch happen when i aim then shoot really quickly in a short period of time.. if you take atleast a full second to aim you shouldnt get that bug

16 hours ago, FridayThe31st said:

Besides the fact that sometimes you directly hit Jason and nothing happens, I’ve been getting this glitch where I shoot him and suddenly I can’t interact with anything. I’m holding the flare gun still and can’t do anything but run, crouch, or do an emote. It’s ridiculous. I’m pretty sure the only way out of it is to get grabbed, slashing doesn’t work because I have been slashed only to still be stuck in the glitch. That’s not a good solution to the glitch especially since many Jason’s out there would love to get an easy kill.

EDIT: and the damn pocket knife glitch. I had something in between them, and what do you know? Pocket knife is gone. Done with firecrackers too unless I don’t have a pocket knife to begin with. 

This also happens when playing as Jason, you can grab but cant execute, nor hit

8 hours ago, VLK said:

This also happens when playing as Jason, you can grab but cant execute, nor hit

It does, but usually stepping in bear traps, being hit or going in the water helps the glitch with Jason.

On 11/12/2019 at 11:11 AM, FridayThe31st said:

Besides the fact that sometimes you directly hit Jason and nothing happens

Jason isn't supposed to get stunned EVERY time you hit him 'cause combat is supposed to be a last resort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

Jason isn't supposed to get stunned EVERY time you hit him 'cause combat is supposed to be a last resort.

Of course not, but with a flare gun usually before rage whenever he gets hit with a flare it stuns him. I get with melee weapons  stuns don’t happen all the  time, but since flare guns are a one shot weapon like shotguns, and if you did hit Jason directly then it should stun him (except for after rage of course). Besides that, there’s this weird thing that happens sometimes where the person actually misses the shot (it’s happened to me once) and a few seconds later Jason is stunned even though it wasn’t a direct hit. 

On 11/13/2019 at 1:38 PM, FridayThe31st said:

Of course not, but with a flare gun usually before rage whenever he gets hit with a flare it stuns him. I get with melee weapons  stuns don’t happen all the  time, but since flare guns are a one shot weapon like shotguns, and if you did hit Jason directly then it should stun him (except for after rage of course). Besides that, there’s this weird thing that happens sometimes where the person actually misses the shot (it’s happened to me once) and a few seconds later Jason is stunned even though it wasn’t a direct hit. 

Firecrackers have the same problem

• Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 2:38 PM, FridayThe31st said:

Hmm...yeah, sorry, I got confused there. For some reason I was thinking you were talking about melee, even though the title of the thread is clearly "flare guns." DURRRR.  :)

Yeah I am pretty much done even attempting to use Flare guns or firecrackers.  They are more likely to cause you to glitch out or lose your pocket knife than they are to stun Jason.

• Like 1

I guess I'm in the minority. I've never had any issues with firecrackers or flare guns save for the occasional times pre-rage Jason walks right through them for no apparent reason. I've never had a pocketknife disappear (yet).

All these things that are happening are just memory leaks going on when a game doesn’t have basic maintenance, this is why it’s affecting some and not affecting others