Jason Todd Voorhees

Honest Opinion About Freddy Vs Jason

15 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

All he did was just walk thats it....no personality to the character like C.J had the head movement and military type personality and Kane had his slow but menacing body movement,heavy breathing, and facial expressions for the character and Ken just walked nothing unique.

Lol Jason isn’t the most unique of characters.....he is a very simple character....not entirely a lot needed to portray him.

I think every actor that has played Jason has brought something to the role....Ken was meant to be a more sympathetic version of Jason while Kane/CJ brought a more aggressive No fear angry personality.....I definitely couldn’t see Kane’s Jason or CJ version scared of water.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Lol Jason isn’t the most unique of characters.....he is a very simple character....not entirely a lot needed to portray him.

I think every actor that has played Jason has brought something to the role....Ken was meant to be a more sympathetic version of Jason while Kane/CJ brought a more aggressive No fear angry personality.....I definitely couldn’t see Kane’s Jason or CJ version scared of water.

Very good points!

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

Very good points!

Thanks.

I also Happen to like Freddy vs Jason....I can enjoy it for what it is and though they took a few liberties with some things the film Never directly contradicts the events of the F13 films or the Nightmare films.....as a Horror fan I can appreciate respecting the source material and not stripping away any of the continuity.

I would have loved Kane as Jason with out a doubt and had this film been made a short time after Jason goes to Hell who knows what it would have been like.....over all the movie is enjoyable and honestly better than a few of of the films in their own franchises.....

Freddys Dead and Jason takes Manhattan I am looking at you lol

9 hours ago, Risinggrave said:

I didn't like it. 

It's not as bad as JGTH, but it sucked. 

It should have better writing and a better casting for Jason be it Kane or C.J.

14 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Every Jason has been unique.....

Part 2 being the more novice killer personality not fully aware of killing, he was accident prone but manage to catch himself in a hunt.

Part 3 being when being clumsy can get frustrated and annoyed but has that experiencing knowledge when stalking and dispatching people getting the hang of it.

Part 4 being the beginning of a more aggressive and more experienced Jason who is now more confident and goes for the kill.

Roy was basically Roy....

Part 6 being the now Undead Jason with far more killing intent with no fear or remorse he is a killing machine like a military mercenary on the hunt, his killing experience is expert level, he is far more feared because he is undead and he takes that as a advantage, and he is ruthless in the hunt that behaviour is very aggressive and angry type of personality, and doesn't do the heavy breathing but used the tilting and the head movements to show he is watching.

Part 7-X Jason is the beginning of the consistent/definitive Jason personality this Jason has visible rage,anger, and hate, his breathing technique done by Kane can display Jason is either annoyed or angry, his movement isn't just aggressive but nature, he doesn't need that running or sprinting he just walks, thats what makes these personalities so linear with Kane that menacing nature became the iconic Jason we see, even doing the head and then body turn showing he knows your presence, this Jason is what we would call a Punisher as shown each kill is having emotion behind them unlike Part 6 who was killing people fast and easy while Part 7-X would have you suffer the worse way.

FvJ Jason was just a Frankenstein.....slow stereotypical zombie, was too limited in his behaviour unlike all the previous and future Jason actors have shown. 

Reboot Jason is a hyperactive hunter he knows his prey, he is hunting to kill, and he has the personality of a Savage man with no real intelligence other than the name of the hunt this makes him unique his personality is about being isolated and not being disturbed and once disturbed he is annoyed by the presence of others and will eliminate them.

It's a huge response to that first half I know but just because you put a big guy in a hockey mask doesn't make them Jason.....to each Jason there is a certain behaviour and movement as a Cosplayer I got the part of the Jason I am cosplaying if I'm Part 7 I will do my best portrayal of Kane, and if I'm Part 6 then Ill do my best portrayal of C.J Graham....yes different actors have different ways but in terms each Jason is unique either bring based on the previous or adding something new.

11 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Every Jason has been unique.....

Yes, because of the Actor portraying Him.......But Jason himself is not that unique big Guy in make up and a Hockey mask who kills teenagers in creative and violent ways......his character can be summed up in a few sentences....

Part 2 being the more novice killer personality not fully aware of killing, he was accident prone but manage to catch himself in a hunt.

Part 3 being when being clumsy can get frustrated and annoyed but has that experiencing knowledge when stalking and dispatching people getting the hang of it.

Part 4 being the beginning of a more aggressive and more experienced Jason who is now more confident and goes for the kill.

Roy was basically Roy....

Part 6 being the now Undead Jason with far more killing intent with no fear or remorse he is a killing machine like a military mercenary on the hunt, his killing experience is expert level, he is far more feared because he is undead and he takes that as a advantage, and he is ruthless in the hunt that behaviour is very aggressive and angry type of personality, and doesn't do the heavy breathing but used the tilting and the head movements to show he is watching.

Part 7-X Jason is the beginning of the consistent/definitive Jason personality this Jason has visible rage,anger, and hate, his breathing technique done by Kane can display Jason is either annoyed or angry, his movement isn't just aggressive but nature, he doesn't need that running or sprinting he just walks, thats what makes these personalities so linear with Kane that menacing nature became the iconic Jason we see, even doing the head and then body turn showing he knows your presence, this Jason is what we would call a Punisher as shown each kill is having emotion behind them unlike Part 6 who was killing people fast and easy while Part 7-X would have you suffer the worse way.

I agree with all your points on the actors Portrayal of Jason.....all brought something to the role that made it more than some guy just killing teens.

FvJ Jason was just a Frankenstein.....slow stereotypical zombie, was too limited in his behaviour unlike all the previous and future Jason actors have shown. 

you are definitely entitled to your opinions, I also heard for Jason in FvJ Frankenstein’s monster was looked at as inspiration basically because Frankenstein’s Monster is a sympathetic villain in the story which is what the director and New Line producers wanted they wanted a Jason that could show weakness and also be a victim.....Ken did show all these things....he fit the bill for what they were attempting to do with the movie......which is why they went with him over Kane.....

I am sure Kane would have wanted Jason to be his very evil / unsympathetic self in the film and probably would have pushed back on some choices made in the film like he has in the past saying things like “ Jason wouldn’t do that....he would do this.” 
And even though Kane is probably right when it comes to his decisions with the character especially being the only actor to portray him 4 times, more than anyone Else his portrayal is iconic .......but it’s that reason Jason was recast.

You May not like Kens Jason in FvJ but remember he is doing what the director and producers wanted him to on the screen.... I don’t have a huge problem with what he did in the movie but I understand some choices were made to make him the lesser of the Evil characters in the movie.

It's a huge response to that first half I know but just because you put a big guy in a hockey mask doesn't make them Jason.....to each Jason there is a certain behaviour and movement.

Actually casting them in the part makes them Jason.

Their actions / behaviors are what make each portrayal unique each of the performances making Jason more a living breathing character..... and while some are more goofy/ clumsy/ angry/ menacing/ sympathetic or Evil they are all Jason the big guy in a hockey mask who kills teenagers.

• Like 1

I hated the movie loved the nudity but the movie itself sucked the whole making Freddy so strong and smart compared to Jason was just an insult to Jason who btw is in my opinion the superior killer who would never for one fear water, two would never be close to dying and needing saved like they did in the movie, three would never work with any human such as at the end when she handed him the machete to kill Freddy. And yes I know he dies in the movies only temporary the way they was putting it in the movie some toxic poison was gonna do him in forever totally unrealistic stupid if u ask me.

Also in all the Freddy movies when they pulled him outta the dream world Freddy felt pain, was weaker, and was killable if only for a short period of time in the movie they still gave Freddy superior strength and powers out of the dream world along with the ability to take far more damage then he had ever taken before when pulled out of the dream world. All these points and many more just showed that the directors and creators had a bias towards Freddy over Jason and yes they got the wrong person to play Jason they should  have picked Kane as Jason for the role this man was born to play Jason and his passion shows every time he speaks of starring in any of the films! Jason had the movie been more accurate to the real Jason Freddy's ass would have gotten handed to him in the real world yea in the dream world Freddy has the advantage but in the real world it's always gonna be Jason and without any help from any bitch's excuse my language were all adults here tho!

On 1/21/2020 at 4:12 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Yes, because of the Actor portraying Him.......But Jason himself is not that unique big Guy in make up and a Hockey mask who kills teenagers in creative and violent ways......his character can be summed up in a few sentences....

Summed as Killing Machine lol

you are definitely entitled to your opinions, I also heard for Jason in FvJ Frankenstein’s monster was looked at as inspiration basically because Frankenstein’s Monster is a sympathetic villain in the story which is what the director and New Line producers wanted they wanted a Jason that could show weakness and also be a victim.....Ken did show all these things....he fit the bill for what they were attempting to do with the movie......which is why they went with him over Kane.....

I am sure Kane would have wanted Jason to be his very evil / unsympathetic self in the film and probably would have pushed back on some choices made in the film like he has in the past saying things like “ Jason wouldn’t do that....he would do this.” 
And even though Kane is probably right when it comes to his decisions with the character especially being the only actor to portray him 4 times, more than anyone Else his portrayal is iconic .......but it’s that reason Jason was recast.

You May not like Kens Jason in FvJ but remember he is doing what the director and producers wanted him to on the screen.... I don’t have a huge problem with what he did in the movie but I understand some choices were made to make him the lesser of the Evil characters in the movie.

That is why the film received so much negativity....even if its my own opinion many would agree that Jason shouldn't be seen as a sympathetic killer yes...his origins is sad but he is a brutal human/undead killer with no sympathy even the director said he doesnt know either of their films and told him to do what he wanted and picking Ken over Kane was the biggest let down of the decade for Horror fans.

Robert and others said Kane was just recasted due to his height and eyes....the height could have been entirely fixed just by giving him the same boots Ken had and the eye thing could have been manipulated by special effects rather than getting a whole new actor. 

Even if its from the director/producer they made Jason look....unoriginal....bland....and I dont hate/dislike Ken as an actor but I dont prefer or really find his performance as Jason to be up there with the likes of Kane,C.J,Ted,Richard or Steve.....and I personally would prefer Derek or Ken in terms of performance.

Actually casting them in the part makes them Jason.

Their actions / behaviors are what make each portrayal unique each of the performances making Jason more a living breathing character..... and while some are more goofy/ clumsy/ angry/ menacing/ sympathetic or Evil they are all Jason the big guy in a hockey mask who kills teenagers.

I heavily disagree with that statement lol its like putting Lebron James under the hockey mask that wouldn't be Jason to anyone.

it's like when Warrington Gillette tell people he is "Part 2 Jason" when in reality it was all Steve Dash.

15 hours ago, pilospc said:

I hated the movie loved the nudity but the movie itself sucked the whole making Freddy so strong and smart compared to Jason was just an insult to Jason who btw is in my opinion the superior killer who would never for one fear water, two would never be close to dying and needing saved like they did in the movie, three would never work with any human such as at the end when she handed him the machete to kill Freddy. And yes I know he dies in the movies only temporary the way they was putting it in the movie some toxic poison was gonna do him in forever totally unrealistic stupid if u ask me.

Also in all the Freddy movies when they pulled him outta the dream world Freddy felt pain, was weaker, and was killable if only for a short period of time in the movie they still gave Freddy superior strength and powers out of the dream world along with the ability to take far more damage then he had ever taken before when pulled out of the dream world. All these points and many more just showed that the directors and creators had a bias towards Freddy over Jason and yes they got the wrong person to play Jason they should  have picked Kane as Jason for the role this man was born to play Jason and his passion shows every time he speaks of starring in any of the films! Jason had the movie been more accurate to the real Jason Freddy's ass would have gotten handed to him in the real world yea in the dream world Freddy has the advantage but in the real world it's always gonna be Jason and without any help from any bitch's excuse my language were all adults here tho!

I agree with many points here! but the freddy aspect Freddy was always the taunt type personality in the dream world and in the living he would try to talk himself out of a situation but I mean they (Ronnie Yu) insulted both franchises even when its the highest at the box office for either franchise.

1 hour ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Summed as Killing Machine lol

lol Definitely!

That is why the film received so much negativity....even if its my own opinion many would agree that Jason shouldn't be seen as a sympathetic killer yes...his origins is sad but he is a brutal human/undead killer with no sympathy even the director said he doesnt know either of their films and told him to do what he wanted and picking Ken over Kane was the biggest let down of the decade for Horror fans.

I would truly have loved to See Kane as Jason in Freddy vs Jason and it’s a shame that they recast him....I also guarantee that it would have been a very different movie than what we got....if he had been a part of it.

He deserved to be in that part as he championed the making of that film for a decade while it was in development Hell.

Robert and others said Kane was just recasted due to his height and eyes....the height could have been entirely fixed just by giving him the same boots Ken had and the eye thing could have been manipulated by special effects rather than getting a whole new actor. 

I don’t believe the Height and Eyes were the reason he was recast.....I heard a rumor it had to do with some issues with the producers during the filming of Jason X....they apparently took issue with his disputes with the way they wanted him to portray Jason in that film and that they were unhappy with the film and it’s box office and wanted a fresh start with FvsJ.

Even if its from the director/producer they made Jason look....unoriginal....bland....and I dont hate/dislike Ken as an actor but I dont prefer or really find his performance as Jason to be up there with the likes of Kane,C.J,Ted,Richard or Steve.....and I personally would prefer Derek or Ken in terms of performance.

I also enjoyed the performance of those actors as well.... And even though I prefer Jason as an unsympathetic undead killing machine and pure Evil.....I still Enjoy FvsJ and Kens Jason in my opinion he adds another layer to the character.......but I understand it’s not for everyone.

I heavily disagree with that statement lol its like putting Lebron James under the hockey mask that wouldn't be Jason to anyone

You took my statement and stretched it pretty far out of context I didn’t say Lebron James in a Hockey mask or any Big guy would fit the mold of bringing the character to life......

I said being cast as Jason does.

( on paper Jason’s character is not unique....it is the actors that make the performance unique.)

We both can agree that a lot more goes into the casting of a character than Just slapping a mask on a basketball player....

Every actor had to audition for the director and producers and had make up tests to determine if they could portray the Character....from there They were cast in the part.

it's like when Warrington Gillette tell people he is "Part 2 Jason" when in reality it was all Steve Dash.

He was Jason from Part 2.....at least in that one scene as unmasked Jason.....and he did a good Job in it .....He has all the right in the world to make that claim as long as he is Not trying to Take credit away from Steven Dash who played Jason through out the film and deserves all the credit in the world for playing That part as well.

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I don’t believe the Height and Eyes were the reason he was recast.....I heard a rumor it had to do with some issues with the producers during the filming of Jason X....they apparently took issue with his disputes with the way they wanted him to portray Jason in that film and that they were unhappy with the film and it’s box offices and wanted a fresh start with FvsJ.

Robert went on to state this about the decision.

https://fridaythe13th.forumotion.com/p1021744-robert-englund-tells-why-kane-hodder-wasn-t-casted-as-jason-for-freddy-vs-jason

5 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

You took my statement and stretched it pretty far out of context I didn’t say Lebron James in a Hockey mask would fit the mold of bringing the characters to life......

I said being cast as Jason does.

We both can agree that a lot more goes into the casting of a character than Just slapping a mask on a basketball player....

Ken has to audition for the director and producers and he had make up tests to determine if he could portray the Character....from there he was cast in the part.

I mean its not out of context lol....

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/friday-the-13th-vertigo-entertainment-and-lebron-james-springhill-entertainment-1202988428/

^
Remember Lebron James wanted to do a Reboot? in the Never Sleep: A nightmare on elm street documentary it was Ron/crew who said it was about the size of Ken that got him the role.

7 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

He was Jason from Part 2.....at least in that one scene as unmasked Jason.....and he did a good Job in it .....He has all the right in the world to make that claim as long as he is Not trying to Take credit away from Steven Dash who played Jason through out the film and deserves all the credit in the world for playing That part as well.

He was only Unmasked Part 2 Jason and im not taking that away from him but he has at conventions stirred up the pot and its been said by many that he had back in the early 2000s at cons tried to claim that title as the "Real Jason" and even done other such things here is one of the detailed things about him.

http://scabbyhorror.blogspot.com/2009/01/who-is-warrington-gillette.html

2 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Robert went on to state this about the decision.

I am 100% certain This is Robert attempting to deflect the casting and save Face for New line with the Fans....trying to make it about.  “oh they wanted a taller guy.”  But I heard a few different stories for why it went down the way it did.

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2016/03/the-saga-of-kane-hodder-not-playing.html

I mean its not out of context lol....

Just because he wants a reboot definitely doesn’t mean he’s in the running to play Jason Voorhees lol.

He was only Unmasked Part 2 Jason and im not taking that away from him but he has at conventions stirred up the pot and its been said by many that he had back in the early 2000s at cons tried to claim that title as the "Real Jason" and even done other such things here is one of the detailed things about him.

The guy wanted to relive his 15 minutes of Fame again at Horror conventions.......and No matter what anyone says he indeed played Unmasked Jason in part 2 for one of if not the most important scene.....”the big reveal”

it also sounds like he took a dark turn and I don’t agree with how it all started but at least he eventually came to his senses and apologized........there is plenty of room to fan over all these guys who brought Jason to life........

The character is bigger than any one actor and none of them should take credit away from each other......

what they did will live on long passed their and our own deaths....call it what you want cinema or movie magic.... film lives on forever.

10 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I am 100% certain This is Robert attempting to deflect the casting and save Face for New line with the Fans....trying to make it about.  “oh they wanted a taller guy.”  But I heard a few different stories for why it went down the way it did.

http://www.fridaythe13thfranchise.com/2016/03/the-saga-of-kane-hodder-not-playing.html

Just because he wants a reboot definitely doesn’t mean he’s in the running to play Jason Voorhees lol.

The guy wanted to relive his 15 minutes of Fame again at Horror conventions.......and No matter what anyone says he indeed played Unmasked Jason in part 2 for one of if not the most important scene.....”the big reveal”

it also sounds like he took a dark turn and I don’t agree with how it all started but at least he eventually came to his senses and apologized........there is plenty of room to fan over all these guys who brought Jason to life........

The character is bigger than any one actor and none of them should take credit away from each other......

what they did will live on long passed their and our own deaths....call it what you want cinema or movie magic.... film lives on forever.

Yeah even still it felt and looks like New Line Cinema purposely did the recasting even Kane told everyone in his Documentary that he was given a script and had no calls back for month or a few and book trailer comes out and he finds out he wasn't Jason that way.

Many actors would say being handled a script personally would be a official role.

This is like the situation with Part 7 where John Buechler himself paid out of his pocket to have Kane auditioned for the role of Jason where Paramount wanted C.J back but after seeing Kane they knew they found their Jason.

Well me let start this out by saying that i loved this movie cause i remembered being around...10 i think?When i saw the first trailer for this movie & the movie definitely succeeded in my expectations when i was younger BUUUUUT as an adult i do see it's con & can understand to some degree why people hate this movie but regardless even with it's many flaws like it's predecessors i love the film & i'll provide a list of pros & cons on why the film works & doesn't work with me.😊

-Pros-

Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger 

Whether you prefer a more serious (personally i prefer part 2 Freddy's personality but that's me) or a sadistic comedic version of Freddy you can't say that Robert Englund didn't deliver & boy does he in this film so i can't ever have Robert as a con as Freddy in any media.

Ken Kirzinger as Jason

just to let everyone know that i am indeed a Hodder fan & i do believe he's the best jason but credit is do with Ken & i loved his frankenstein interpretation of jason mainly because it makes sense in terms of timeline wise cause jason has been dead/in hell for over 10 so we must take into consideration his decaying/MIA state as it make sense for a zombie to be slow & lumber over time...but hey at least he kept his superhuman strength over the course of time.😜 

Graeme Revell's Score

I must admit i'm the kinda fan that if a new composer is taking over a franchise that has a memorial theme i hope & pray they do a rendition of said theme that fits in with the modern era of a franchise that has been dormant for years & while there was 2 moments that Freddy theme was used (mostly the opening logo & the ending scene) i wasn't disappointed cause the original music Graeme Revell composed was just as memorial to the point where i have nostalgic moments with it when listening to it by itself. (still waiting for that expanded soundtrack doe)

The Action

Yeah no need to explain the film's action was just brutal & just how i like it moving on.😁

The Film's Style

Kinda hard to explain but something about using the particular hues for freddy & jason scenes just i dunno i like it as it defines on how they died & the elements of what made them who they are today but like it said it's hard to explain & maybe weird to others but it's just how i view it.😕

-Cons-

Not casting Kane Hodder as jason

Now before anyone clicks aways with their keyboards & calling me out about me liking Ken's portrayal as jason & not having Hodder in said role HEAR ME OUT cause while i do like Ken's jason i do feel it was an injustice not recasting Hodder as jason as he's pretty much the face of our favorite masked killer & while i acknowledge (& imo at least) the rather stupidest reason not having him back...ok abit of a rant here but his height?Really?!😠 Yes while Ken was an absolute giant as jason & while jason has been interpreted as a hulking man even as back with the late Richard Brooker in part 3 Kane was still a hulking man even with his slight smaller stature & to prove more of a point

5412ed54888f846c56b0cca359100c6f.jpg

Give me a break he could've still pulled it off 😠...ok rant over but in all honesty having Kane back would've been a major plus to the film but my only gripe is how Hodder would've pulled off the more emotional side of jason 😕 but regardless having him back plus moving on.

The Characters 

Aside from Mark & Will as i found them the most likable everyone else was just there & didn't leave an impression on me like so many Friday the 13th characters & imo i think bringing back surviving characters from both nightmare & friday like Tommy & Maggie would've helped the film alot & connect the franchises abit better.

Deleted & Alternative scenes

Kinda of an odd thing to list but alot the deleted scenes i wished were inserted back into the film mainly cause they would've given the characters better development & because i believe alot them are pretty good mostly the alternative intro which can be seen here

freddy vs jason unreleased alternate opening

Gib & trey extended interaction

& the extended fight between freddy & jason minus Lorie's horrid "Place your bets" line.

So yeah that's pretty much it um hope you guys liked what you read & that's it unless ya'll got questions feel free to ask & i'll reply as soon as i can.😊

• Like 2

On 1/24/2020 at 2:56 AM, MonsterManiaMadness said:

Well me let start this out by saying that i loved this movie cause i remembered being around...10 i think?When i saw the first trailer for this movie & the movie definitely succeeded in my expectations when i was younger BUUUUUT as an adult i do see it's con & can understand to some degree why people hate this movie but regardless even with it's many flaws like it's predecessors i love the film & i'll provide a list of pros & cons on why the film works & doesn't work with me.😊

-Pros-

Robert Englund as Freddy Krueger 

Whether you prefer a more serious (personally i prefer part 2 Freddy's personality but that's me) or a sadistic comedic version of Freddy you can't say that Robert Englund didn't deliver & boy does he in this film so i can't ever have Robert as a con as Freddy in any media.

Ken Kirzinger as Jason

just to let everyone know that i am indeed a Hodder fan & i do believe he's the best jason but credit is do with Ken & i loved his frankenstein interpretation of jason mainly because it makes sense in terms of timeline wise cause jason has been dead/in hell for over 10 so we must take into consideration his decaying/MIA state as it make sense for a zombie to be slow & lumber over time...but hey at least he kept his superhuman strength over the course of time.😜 

Graeme Revell's Score

I must admit i'm the kinda fan that if a new composer is taking over a franchise that has a memorial theme i hope & pray they do a rendition of said theme that fits in with the modern era of a franchise that has been dormant for years & while there was 2 moments that Freddy theme was used (mostly the opening logo & the ending scene) i wasn't disappointed cause the original music Graeme Revell composed was just as memorial to the point where i have nostalgic moments with it when listening to it by itself. (still waiting for that expanded soundtrack doe)

The Action

Yeah no need to explain the film's action was just brutal & just how i like it moving on.😁

The Film's Style

Kinda hard to explain but something about using the particular hues for freddy & jason scenes just i dunno i like it as it defines on how they died & the elements of what made them who they are today but like it said it's hard to explain & maybe weird to others but it's just how i view it.😕

-Cons-

Not casting Kane Hodder as jason

Now before anyone clicks aways with their keyboards & calling me out about me liking Ken's portrayal as jason & not having Hodder in said role HEAR ME OUT cause while i do like Ken's jason i do feel it was an injustice not recasting Hodder as jason as he's pretty much the face of our favorite masked killer & while i acknowledge (& imo at least) the rather stupidest reason not having him back...ok abit of a rant here but his height?Really?!😠 Yes while Ken was an absolute giant as jason & while jason has been interpreted as a hulking man even as back with the late Richard Brooker in part 3 Kane was still a hulking man even with his slight smaller stature & to prove more of a point

5412ed54888f846c56b0cca359100c6f.jpg

Give me a break he could've still pulled it off 😠...ok rant over but in all honesty having Kane back would've been a major plus to the film but my only gripe is how Hodder would've pulled off the more emotional side of jason 😕 but regardless having him back plus moving on.

The Characters 

Aside from Mark & Will as i found them the most likable everyone else was just there & didn't leave an impression on me like so many Friday the 13th characters & imo i think bringing back surviving characters from both nightmare & friday like Tommy & Maggie would've helped the film alot & connect the franchises abit better.

Deleted & Alternative scenes

Kinda of an odd thing to list but alot the deleted scenes i wished were inserted back into the film mainly cause they would've given the characters better development & because i believe alot them are pretty good mostly the alternative intro which can be seen here

freddy vs jason unreleased alternate opening

Gib & trey extended interaction

& the extended fight between freddy & jason minus Lorie's horrid "Place your bets" line.

So yeah that's pretty much it um hope you guys liked what you read & that's it unless ya'll got questions feel free to ask & i'll reply as soon as i can.😊

Nice response!

Well the fact that they got rid of kane was a big turn-off, to start out with but the movie studios seem to be horribly disrespectful to the fans  of the Friday the 13th franchise' there's absolutely nothing about the character in this movie that make’s me think Jason. They were completely 

Obsessed with Jason showing some kind of emotion which  just goes to show us the director and a movie studio didn't understand a franchise in the first place, and should have never had any kind of control over it. And I hated the design of Jason in  fvj that dumb jacket they put on him and now everyone makes Jason with that dumb jacket.. overall' I'll still watch the movie but it's like Batman versus Superman it's not a great movie but it does have Batman and Superman on the screen at the same time.

Well, they should have used the Freddy vs Jason script that I wrote in Elementary school, but I digress... 

I rewatched it a few months ago and I still don’t care about it. 

On 1/26/2020 at 9:09 PM, Frighteningicon said:

Well the fact that they got rid of kane was a big turn-off, to start out with but the movie studios seem to be horribly disrespectful to the fans  of the Friday the 13th franchise' there's absolutely nothing about the character in this movie that make’s me think Jason. They were completely 

Obsessed with Jason showing some kind of emotion which  just goes to show us the director and a movie studio didn't understand a franchise in the first place, and should have never had any kind of control over it. And I hated the design of Jason in  fvj that dumb jacket they put on him and now everyone makes Jason with that dumb jacket.. overall' I'll still watch the movie but it's like Batman versus Superman it's not a great movie but it does have Batman and Superman on the screen at the same time.

Faaaacts