Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jason Todd Voorhees

Honest Opinion About Freddy Vs Jason

Recommended Posts

15ae273f-17ec-4947-b7bf-0c2561074c99?bas

What is your honest good or bad thoughts about the film Freddy Vs Jason.......I have multiple negative parts.....

1. Kane Hodder not being casted as Jason Voorhees is the biggest issue.

2. Out of Part 9 (Jason goes to Hell) this film is the most inconsistent in the franchise history from it ignoring Part 9 and basically others from jason body being in the mortal realm when he was taken to hell physically?

3. The Jason design/personality is very bland.....No offense to Ken but he was just frankenstein ripoff.

4. The director not having any knowledge/interest in either of the original movies.

5. Freddy not getting any real kills of his own to his body count.

These are my main points!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Freddy vs Jason!

The fact that this movie is a reality proves the existence of God.

I gotta disagree with you on the casting of Jason and his design. Definitely one of my favorites. There is one scene that makes me cringe however. When Freddy and Jason are fighting in the quarry, you can see Kirzinger's eyes and fresh pink skin when he looks up at Freddy

Also the lax approach to continuity doesn't bother me in the least.

I do wish that Freddy got more kills too. In fact I wish the run time were longer to be able to fit more kills and fights between these Titans of Terror.

My biggest and only real gripe is that a sequel never happened. Freddy vs Jason vs Ash would have been great. At least the comic exists.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

I love Freddy vs Jason!

The fact that this movie is a reality proves the existence of God.

I gotta disagree with you on the casting of Jason and his design. Definitely one of my favorites. There is one scene that makes me cringe however. When Freddy and Jason are fighting in the quarry, you can see Kirzinger's eyes and fresh pink skin when he looks up at Freddy

Also the lax approach to continuity doesn't bother me in the least.

I do wish that Freddy got more kills too. In fact I wish the run time were longer to be able to fit more kills and fights between these Titans of Terror.

My biggest and only real gripe is that a sequel never happened. Freddy vs Jason vs Ash would have been great. At least the comic exists.

 

1/2. Uuuh

3. I disagree heavily the casting since it wasnt thought of whatsoever......Kane Hodder was the embodiment of the character and if it wasnt for him we wouldnt have had the starter for Freddy Vs Jason and he did it with justice and the character design is bland too bland the Part 2-4 were basic but this design made him look like a homeless person.

Like no offense but Ken didnt bring anything unique or anything we love about the character......He just was a big guy in a hockey mask, with zero personality to Jason kills just "Stab! Stab! Stab!" with Kane having to show emotion with his kills displayed he was atleast really into the character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well not even the main series have consistency on design for Jason nor the cast for characters such as Tommy (which I think is the only recurring aside from Jason)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VLK said:

Well not even the main series have consistency on design for Jason nor the cast for characters such as Tommy (which I think is the only recurring aside from Jason)

Part 3,4,6, and 7 have stuck with his design...8-FvJ haven't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2019 at 5:27 AM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Part 3,4,6, and 7 have stuck with his design...8-FvJ haven't. 

The work gloves and utility belt from part 6 are gone for part 7, the chain in the neck as seen in part 7 is gone for the rest not to mention the rags he's wearing and the cracks in the mask and the jaw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, VLK said:

The work gloves and utility belt from part 6 are gone for part 7

Uuuuh what?.....

screen11.png

You realize it was years after right?....ofcourse he would lose the belt,gloves, and other such things.

9 hours ago, VLK said:

the chain in the neck as seen in part 7 is gone for the rest not to mention the rags he's wearing and the cracks in the mask and the jaw

uuuuuh what?......he kept the chains lol!

EVENT-BANNER.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Uuuuh what?.....

screen11.png

You realize it was years after right?....ofcourse he would lose the belt,gloves, and other such things.

uuuuuh what?......he kept the chains lol!

EVENT-BANNER.jpg

In part 7 min 49 sec 42 (when he kills that nerdy girl he have no gloves anymore, the chain is gone for part 8 and 9, besides the belt and the gloves are made of stronger materials than the shirt and pants so the fist to go in that regard would be his shirts / pants, by the way this is the best design of undead jason for me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, VLK said:

In part 7 min 49 sec 42 (when he kills that nerdy girl he have no gloves anymore, the chain is gone for part 8 and 9, besides the belt and the gloves are made of stronger materials than the shirt and pants so the fist to go in that regard would be his shirts / pants, by the way this is the best design of undead jason for me 

He didnt have those stuff on before killing the nerdy girl anyway remember? Lol and yes its honest the best design jason with uber jason and savini jason.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 11/16/2019 at 3:32 AM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

He didnt have those stuff on before killing the nerdy girl anyway remember? Lol and yes its honest the best design jason with uber jason and savini jason.

 

That's exactly the point, he should have them all worn out or whatever but should be present unless some random fish from the lake ate them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VLK said:

 

That's exactly the point, he should have them all worn out or whatever but should be present unless some random fish from the lake ate them 

I mean from what I know about fabrics it could easily been ate by fish,microbe bacteria, and or from currents because of storms and etc but overall the research they did to have all that displayed damage is amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jason Todd Voorhees, @VLK

One possible reason why the gloves and belt could be gone is..

Jason is suspended at the bottom of the lake and is therefor just a rotting corpse. Eventually hand size and waist size would get smaller. Perhaps the gloves and belt just fell off of him to the bottom of the lake over time? This is putting way too much thought in to this before coffee (it's 6:10 am as I'm typing this), so sorry if this may be the stupidest thought ever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I mean from what I know about fabrics it could easily been ate by fish,microbe bacteria, and or from currents because of storms and etc but overall the research they did to have all that displayed damage is amazing.

Well that goes for the mask belts as well since they're leather I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, VLK said:

Well that goes for the mask belts as well since they're leather I think

I dont know the actual material but it did look decaying.

 

On 11/20/2019 at 6:11 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

@Jason Todd Voorhees, @VLK

One possible reason why the gloves and belt could be gone is..

Jason is suspended at the bottom of the lake and is therefor just a rotting corpse. Eventually hand size and waist size would get smaller. Perhaps the gloves and belt just fell off of him to the bottom of the lake over time? This is putting way too much thought in to this before coffee (it's 6:10 am as I'm typing this), so sorry if this may be the stupidest thought ever.

LOL its another good reason man its not stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I was playing as the part 8 Jason and he is the most "preserved" version of undead Jason, the mask lacks almost all the cracks and worn from previous installments, lacks the chain and damage seen in part 7 Jason, now lets jump to part 9 meatb....Jason, that mask resemble more closely the damage sustained in part 7 tough the crack in the right eye is new loss more worn out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@VLK, the mask worn in part 8 isn't the same as 7. His mask was destroyed in 7 and Jason got his mask in part 8 from the dude on the boat. As for the mask in 9? I have no clue how to explain that. He loses his mask in the sewers in Part 8 when he takes the chemical bath, so as to how he got another mask in part 9, that's anyone's guess. They didn't really do that great of a job with the consistency of the mask IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2019 at 5:37 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

@VLK, the mask worn in part 8 isn't the same as 7. His mask was destroyed in 7 and Jason got his mask in part 8 from the dude on the boat. As for the mask in 9? I have no clue how to explain that. He loses his mask in the sewers in Part 8 when he takes the chemical bath, so as to how he got another mask in part 9, that's anyone's guess. They didn't really do that great of a job with the consistency of the mask IMO.

This! but Adam Marcus said that for Jason Goes to Hell was that he was told to ignore Friday the 13th Part 8: Jason takes Manhattan by the company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FvJ has terrible dialogue and terrible acting. It's so badly written and was butchered even more while filming. I'll still watch it but it's in the top 2 worst Jason movies, along with Jason X. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2019 at 3:22 PM, masterkeef42o said:

FvJ has terrible dialogue and terrible acting. It's so badly written and was butchered even more while filming. I'll still watch it but it's in the top 2 worst Jason movies, along with Jason X. 

I wouldn't go that far because I prefer X over FvJ anyday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoy the FvJ. Some seriously fun kills,  good performance by Ken Kerzinger (although CJ Graham will always be my favorite) and it's a movie that I can enjoy. It's not my favorite, that will always be Part 6, but it's fun enough slasher romp. Not the best, but not the worst.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Big Daddy J said:

I enjoy the FvJ. Some seriously fun kills,  good performance by Ken Kerzinger (although CJ Graham will always be my favorite) and it's a movie that I can enjoy. It's not my favorite, that will always be Part 6, but it's fun enough slasher romp. Not the best, but not the worst.

Wish Ken would have atleast studied the previous films like Kane or CJ had and did something new/unique but I guess not everyone wants that....he seemed way to Frankenstein for me to take seriously.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Wish Ken would have atleast studied the previous films like Kane or CJ had and did something new/unique but I guess not everyone wants that....he seemed way to Frankenstein for me to take seriously.

Not sure why you keep saying Frankenstein tbh. Never got that vibe at ll. ken did a great job. And the scene with him on fire at the rave was one of the most badass Jason visuals ever. Also some good comedic delivery from Ken when he turns the guys head around and then just pushes him over with one finger.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2020 at 11:06 PM, Big Daddy J said:

Not sure why you keep saying Frankenstein tbh. Never got that vibe at ll. ken did a great job. And the scene with him on fire at the rave was one of the most badass Jason visuals ever. Also some good comedic delivery from Ken when he turns the guys head around and then just pushes him over with one finger.

 

Ken himself (along with Ronnie Yu) stated he got his inspiration from Frankenstein and as I said I feel very different and wished they casted either Kane or even C.J Graham as Jason because as I said previously...Ken's movement was bland,unoriginal, and nothing new bought to the character.

I admit the fire stunt scene was nice to have seen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2020 at 5:23 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Ken's movement was bland,unoriginal, and nothing new bought to the character.

 

Well, sorry. I just don't agree with that at all. I found his performance thoroughly enjoyable. The movie's writing was pretty terrible, but that's never been this series strong point anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2020 at 2:31 AM, Big Daddy J said:

Well, sorry. I just don't agree with that at all. I found his performance thoroughly enjoyable. The movie's writing was pretty terrible, but that's never been this series strong point anyways.

All he did was just walk thats it....no personality to the character like C.J had the head movement and military type personality and Kane had his slow but menacing body movement,heavy breathing, and facial expressions for the character and Ken just walked nothing unique.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...