Sign in to follow this  
Mdw22

Offline Bot Save Progression

@mattshotcha I  understand this isn't something that most people have in mind considering the abundance of other problems needing fixed with the online portion, but I have asked before, is there anything being done about this? I'd hate for all of the limited resources being poured into the online dying part of the game and this left unchecked. I feel like for the work put in, longevity wise, this over time will be all we have left. I'd hate to turn on my PC, ps4, xbox or switch and be met  with no online, and part 3 and part 5 Jason, and that's it when  ALL servers are down, and there isn't any logical way to play bots but with those two characters, what is the point of implementing the system if there isn't a way to unlock them outside of the server progression  system? It's been quite a while since I've heard of anything, and the games getting old. Is there any news on this? Or will we more than likely just be tied to the online only system? if so that would really really suck. There'd be 2 Jasons on a disc or cart  after the official server progression is shut down. 

We've been told more than once that when the servers are shut down for good, we'll have some kind of offline access to our profile data. A lot of us are keeping our fingers crossed on this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, but we've been told a lot of things that ended up not being true, so I'm not exactly holding my breath at this point. 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Quinn FTW said:

Yeah, but we've been told a lot of things that ended up not being true, so I'm not exactly holding my breath at this point. 

We'll see what happens.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I hope to see this.

Most of us hope to see this.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 9:59 PM, Mdw22 said:

@mattshotcha I  understand this isn't something that most people have in mind considering the abundance of other problems needing fixed with the online portion, but I have asked before, is there anything being done about this? I'd hate for all of the limited resources being poured into the online dying part of the game and this left unchecked. I feel like for the work put in, longevity wise, this over time will be all we have left. I'd hate to turn on my PC, ps4, xbox or switch and be met  with no online, and part 3 and part 5 Jason, and that's it when  ALL servers are down, and there isn't any logical way to play bots but with those two characters, what is the point of implementing the system if there isn't a way to unlock them outside of the server progression  system? It's been quite a while since I've heard of anything, and the games getting old. Is there any news on this? Or will we more than likely just be tied to the online only system? if so that would really really suck. There'd be 2 Jasons on a disc or cart  after the official server progression is shut down. 

Switch users are going to be screwed when the servers go down anyway. Even with offline save available, they'll be limited to offline bots and challenges, since the switch is not capable of supporting P2P connections (Dead By Daylight devs have confirmed this is the reason Switch DBD is dedicated server only, even though DBD dedicated servers have not launched officially yet).