Sign in to follow this  
PackASnack_Lodge

Artbook No longer Backer Exclusive?

On 11/8/2019 at 1:36 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

It’s still an exclusive. It was given to the backers and also exclusively to who they wanted to get it. 

in 2019.... not to mention theyve given them away on streams now aswell...  if i had the backer privelges for the art book i wouldnt be too happy about this either. They paid money to have that privelege yet streamers, random people tuning into their streams, and just people in general on twitter who i havent seen stream even are getting them...

Very interesting...

My guess is they were left over from the backer campaigns, and they wanted to unload them on some lucky winners.

@SteadyGosling, I can see why some backers might be upset by this.

On the bright side, at least you can't go to your local Target or Wal-Mart and buy one. So it is still "exclusive".

• Like 2

On 11/8/2019 at 2:36 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

It’s still an exclusive. It was given to the backers and also exclusively to who they wanted to get it. 

This answered the post.

On 11/12/2019 at 11:45 PM, SteadyGosling said:

in 2019.... not to mention theyve given them away on streams now aswell...  if i had the backer privelges for the art book i wouldnt be too happy about this either. They paid money to have that privelege yet streamers, random people tuning into their streams, and just people in general on twitter who i havent seen stream even are getting them...

And that book wasn't cheap either(from the backerkit campaign at least), even overpriced considering what it ended up to be compared to the conceptual pics they showed us in order to attract some sale. Of course I never assumed those pics to be those of the actual book we would get but the disparity is so big between them and the actual product that it's almost like comparing apples and oranges. At least in the end, the hefty price tag was a little bit justified with the fact that the opportunity to get that book was exclusively offered to backers back then.

So yeah to answer op's question the Artbook is no longer a "backers" exclusive item like it was supposed to be, now it's just something they can offer to whoever they want and however they want to at this point.