Sign in to follow this  
Jason Todd Voorhees

New Scream Film In the Works

“Please don’t be bad, please don’t be bad.” 

I really hope its not bad. Very excited for it though as Scream is one of my favourites.

14 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

“Please don’t be bad, please don’t be bad.” 

I really hope its not bad. Very excited for it though as Scream is one of my favourites.

I like scream in terms of thriller more than horror. 

3 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Once again, thanks @Jason Todd Voorhees.

@Slasher_Clone, I enjoy the franchise as well, and hope this turns out to be a good film.

No problem! 

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I really hope this isn’t anything like that last Season on VH1...... god that sucked.

I seen it and it had me guessing tbh lol.

5 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I really hope this isn’t anything like that last Season on VH1...... god that sucked.

What VH1 season, never heard of it. 😉 

@Jason Todd Voorhees, It does hit a lot of thriller beats. I’m a fan of the series but in particular the re-watch-ablity of the first one. I also like the humour, it contrasts very well and makes most of the characters likeable. It also gave Slashers a bit more respect for being intellectual, and for being for everyone, not just gore hounds. Not that there’s anything wrong with our more blood thirsty community members. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I seen it and it had me guessing tbh lol.

I Had a feeling it was going to be the Goth Chick by the end.....today’s shows always go for the Gender bender twist now...

Her monologue at the end is really what bothered me a lot.... she basically says “ I love Horror movies of course I am a Sociopath and I got tired of watching Movie killers have all the fun.”

The original Scream went out of its way to explain that it’s not Horror movies that make killers....... which is another reason why it’s such a great horror film.

That show made me feel like It was trying to say all horror fans could be deranged and become serial killers.........I felt insulted...and it was lazy writing all around......And attempted to be smarter then it was.

if you liked it no worries to each their own.

12 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

What VH1 season, never heard of it. 😉 

@Jason Todd Voorhees, It does hit a lot of thriller beats. I’m a fan of the series but in particular the re-watch-ablity of the first one. I also like the humour, it contrasts very well and makes most of the characters likeable. It also gave Slashers a bit more respect for being intellectual, and for being for everyone, not just gore hounds. Not that there’s anything wrong with our more blood thirsty community members. 

Oh my 😮 I prefer the Original anf the 4th film.

8 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I Had a feeling it was going to be the Goth Chick by the end.....today’s shows always go for the Gender bender twist now...

Her monologue at at the end is really what bothered me a lot.... she basically says “ I love Horror movies of course I am a Sociopath and got tired of watching Movie killers have all the fun.”

The original Scream went out of its way to explain that it’s not Horror movies that make killers....... which is another reason why it’s such a great horror film.

That show made me feel like It was trying to say all horror fans could be deranged and become serial killers.........I felt insulted...and it was lazy writing all around......And attempted to be smarter then it was.

if you liked it no worries to each there own.

The goth girl was seriously giving out the whole vibe of what a serial killer is stereotyped to be.

The fourth is the second best, the double false start is the only part I dislike. I get the need to call back the second and third in someway but it still jars even after repeat viewings. 

Ten years ago I might have liked the tweet threat about Randy being the mastermind but I hope they don’t go that route.... also ‘bring back Kirby please!’, something about that character stuck and I’d like to see her given a real final girl chase scene. 

On 11/11/2019 at 2:42 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

The fourth is the second best, the double false start is the only part I dislike. I get the need to call back the second and third in someway but it still jars even after repeat viewings. 

Ten years ago I might have liked the tweet threat about Randy being the mastermind but I hope they don’t go that route.... also ‘bring back Kirby please!’, something about that character stuck and I’d like to see her given a real final girl chase scene. 

Kirby is the same Actress used as Sam in Until Dawn she gets a great final girl chase through out that game !!

• Like 1

It was a pleasant surprise to find out who the cast were, playing through it with my fiancé and I am really enjoying it so far.

Funny, I didn’t like the Hayden on Heroes but she’s become much more likeable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It was a pleasant surprise to find out who the cast were, playing through it with my fiancé and I am really enjoying it so far.

Funny, I didn’t like the Hayden on Heroes but she’s become much more likeable. 

Thats good that you enjoyed it somewhat right?

• Like 1

Heroes?, yeah the first season was surprisingly good but they lost me when it all got to big. She didn’t have the gravitas back then to support the role she was cast in. The whole ‘save the cheerleader, save the world’ thing bugged me too. It never payed off like the build up suggested. 

Until Dawn is amazing so far, I think it’s got a lot going for it. The story, the narrator and the cast are all top shelf. The sequel is less up my alley but it looks good too, so I’ll probably pick it up after. I can’t wait to see what they have in store for part three. 

I just want a good Scream movie, like part 1 or 4, I want it to have characters I like and deaths that are seamless tributes to other great Slasher kills. If they can make an iconic Ghostface, under the mask that would be amazing. It’s the one flaw with the series, they should have slipped in a person worthy of standing among the other greats. A Ghostface who is the Icon under the mask and out of it.

I’d take either, really. I see merits in both but think there’s a much greater replay value in a Friday style game. 

I think you’d need to have pre-set characters like in Friday but that each of them could play the role of one of the killers. You’d have to borrow some elements of Deceit to make a really tense game, two killers unknown at the beginning. 

Maps based on the largest central locations of each movie ie. the high school, Sidney’s neighbourhood and the party house from part one. Have different character sets from each movie, with different costumes from the movies as content. 

I’d like the ability to play the end game section as a straight death match to get people playing who don’t want to try figuring it out in the longer normal style matches, were lying and deception are the best strategy.

@Jason Todd Voorhees

5 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’d take either, really. I see merits in both but think there’s a much greater replay value in a Friday style game. 

I think you’d need to have pre-set characters like in Friday but that each of them could play the role of one of the killers. You’d have to borrow some elements of Deceit to make a really tense game, two killers unknown at the beginning. 

Maps based on the largest central locations of each movie ie. the high school, Sidney’s neighbourhood and the party house from part one. Have different character sets from each movie, with different costumes from the movies as content. 

I’d like the ability to play the end game section as a straight death match to get people playing who don’t want to try figuring it out in the longer normal style matches, were lying and deception are the best strategy.

@Jason Todd Voorhees

wicked response slasher!

• Like 1

There's a lot of interesting ideas here.

I was working on an idea for a Scream game before I ran into designer's block. Maybe I'll look in that binder of mine and refresh my memory with what I had so far.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’d be interested to hear what you came up with @Fair Play?

I was thinking of how to keep players on edge during a match. The use of the telephone was part of the mechanic I had in mind.

Also keeping the mystery of the killer's identity was the other major part.

I agree with your approach to the maps for the game.

• Like 1