Seraphic King

Dealing With Skilled Coordinated Counselors

How exactly do you Jason mains out there deal with these types of counselors? Many say they’re impossible to beat, but I don’t think so. I’m a tournament Jason, so I have to deal with these types of counselors all the time, but the way I go about dealing with them may be different for another person, the attitude, the way you use traps and all the other stuff. How do you deal with this?

Hide in the water for 20 minutes or alt F4 like both sides like to do.

😁

I don't know. I will say I've seen more 150 level Jasons not using their traps on gamestart that I've seen. Instead using them as they go. With so many lobbies running worse repair counselors (Vanessa/Tiff/Bugs/Chad) who need to manipulate skill checks to repair quietly combined with so many lobbies having half or more go for the Jason kill. The traps sometimes don't serve early game use because nobody is going for objectives. Also taken into account the do nothings.

You put them down later when counselors have used up their 6-8 sprays thanks to medic and they're less likely to tank the trap. Its risky though. A couple players with good repair that still care about objectives actually play in said lobby and off they go.

• Haha 1

If it's a kill squad, try to kill any players that are randoms first in the hopes they will come back as Tommy. Second, kill all female counselors first. Also, if there is a group, don't engage early on. Find the 1-2 counselors that are not with the group. Slash, slash and slash. But, to your point, some groups are nearly unstoppable if they are coordinated. In reality, they would never be that coordinated bc they wouldnt "expect" to have face a giant killing machine etc. and they would not be able to keep their composure.

If your mask is off and they have the sweater and Tommy don't ever engage in open areas. Make them come to you in confined small rooms
(bathrooms) where Tommy would have trouble getting in front of you and try and make them waste the sweater. It sounds cowardly but this is strategy. I have had success using this method.They will call you all kind of names  but they will get so upset they will usually mess up and then they run like scared rabbits. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

If your mask is off and they have the sweater and Tommy don't ever engage in open areas. Make them come to you in confined small rooms
(bathrooms) where Tommy would have trouble getting in front of you and try and make them waste the sweater. It sounds cowardly but this is strategy. I have had success using this method.They will call you all kind of names  but they will get so upset they will usually mess up and then they run like scared rabbits. 

Do this if you want to look like a coward. Instead, if mask is off, snipe with knives try to get tommy or sweater girl limping if so, don’t try to shift slash. I made the mistake of doing this once by getting all excited I’d get her. But instead they used sweater on me and took me out of my shift and I died. So, I learned from my mistake. So, just keep darting them with knives and hope you get a knife kill out of it. 

also if knife throws don’t work, stalk them like Michael Myers. Spend plenty of time doing it and hope they separate and if you’re sure you took all 4 PK’s on the map shift grab Tommy or SG if they’re not close enough to make a save. 

this is about all u can do to save your head as jason of mask is off. Hiding in water and standing in front of a wall is cowardly as hell. If you die trying to kill them, who really cares anyways. At least you tried something. The kill is extremely easy and there’s no shame in dying to a good team. 

and with good teams there’s more to it than just preventing the kill. Also they’re going to be on every objective at the same time so just pick your highest priority and focus on that. And try to prevent other things getting fixed if you can. You can only be in one place at one given time. 

I'm sure you already know to do all of this but I thought I’d list it anyway. You’re a good J 👍🏼

My method yes it appears cowardly and to most it is but psychology is part of the game in my opinion. If I can force them into making a fatal mistake while saving my own butt then who ends up being the cowards? I like playing mind games but it is just me.I do your method sometimes as well. I personally don't care if someone "thinks"  I'm being a coward. Most "kill squads" don't have a plan B a lot of the time.

Its good to keep Tommy out of the game as long as possible till you get rage. Keep the counselors alive and once rage kicks in with the mask off you can move from counselor to counselor wiping them out. If you are getting meaty hit/chain stunned move face towards the wall. If you fall to your knees they can't perform the kill if you face the wall. I try to Kill Victoria/Jenny/Chad if there's a Car ready as if you stop it they can restart it and escape the most easiest. You can morph away from Tommy Box if there's only Vanessa or something. Double trap phone and Double trap Tommy Box so you can cover both. Don't be in a endgame scenario with a Wasted Trap. Don't let them use pocket knives on your traps. 

On 11/6/2019 at 10:37 AM, Seraphic King said:

How exactly do you Jason mains out there deal with these types of counselors? Many say they’re impossible to beat, but I don’t think so. I’m a tournament Jason, so I have to deal with these types of counselors all the time, but the way I go about dealing with them may be different for another person, the attitude, the way you use traps and all the other stuff. How do you deal with this?

Just out of curiosity, what is your definition of "beat"?

Btw in a tournament setting you can start by not listening to most of the previous comments. There's some horrible advice up there...

28 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Just out of curiosity, what is your definition of "beat"?

Btw in a tournament setting you can start by not listening to most of the previous comments. There's some horrible advice up there...

LOL

my definition of beat is killing all of them/ scoring more points/ outplaying them/ or kill most of them.

1 hour ago, Seraphic King said:

LOL

my definition of beat is killing all of them/ scoring more points/ outplaying them/ or kill most of them.

Ok so wiping the lobby against skilled players obviously isn't always going to be possible. If you're talking Jason tournaments where multiple Jason's face off to see who's "the best" then learn the rules of the tournament and practice, practice, practice. But even the best Jasons can't win them all. Everyone has a bad match every so often and single elimination events are pretty unforgiving in that regard...

As Jason you just need to prioritize objectives, be methodical, and don't forget to play to the strengths and weaknesses of the Jason your using. Get control of the map as soon as possible and try to hold off objective completion as long as you can. But like I said prioritize. If the boats on its way out but you got three guys working on the phone, just let that shit go and worry about the phone. No point in potentially letting the whole lobby escape later to stop one or two from escaping now.

Other than that, the difference between a good tournament Jason and a bad one is just a matter of practice, patience, and a bit of luck. practice shifts and combat as often as you can. As long as you can keep your cool under pressure the kills will come to you eventually. But also don't beat yourself up if you die or lose the match. There's always room for improvement. Even with the best Jasons.

P.S. record all your Jason matches

That way you can watch them back and see what you need to work on most 

@Somethin Cool

Everything that’s been said, I know pretty well already. But, I’ve been messing around lately in practice and I’ve come to find there’s more than the usual meta. There’s more to objective control, killing and all that other stuff. More than all the tech that everyone posts. That’s tech very useful but there’s just more, which is why I posted this. Too see if anyone has any unique strategies and ideas. I’m still a firm believer in that even against a skilled counselor team Jason can beat them. Killing all of them may be out of the picture but you don’t need to wipe a lobby to technically beat them. 

But anyways man, after just messing around with the game and watching videos, I just think that there’s more. I got a match tomorrow, a normal scrim. If I get smoked oh well,  I’m just going to do my best 💯 

1 minute ago, Seraphic King said:

@Somethin Cool

Everything that’s been said, I know pretty well already. But, I’ve been messing around lately in practice and I’ve come to find there’s more than the usual meta. There’s more to objective control, killing and all that other stuff. More than all the tech that everyone posts. That’s tech very useful but there’s just more, which is why I posted this. Too see if anyone has any unique strategies and ideas. I’m still a firm believer in that even against a skilled counselor team Jason can beat them. Killing all of them may be out of the picture but you don’t need to wipe a lobby to technically beat them. 

But anyways man, after just messing around with the game and watching videos, I just think that there’s more. 

There's always more. Some of us only stick around to find new things. New metas if you will.  For example, I've been working on shifting and morphing without vhs static in my spare time. I know it has a lot of potential but I just need to practice it more I think. I'm too stuck in my ways and end up morphing in right on top of them or going for short range shifts. Old habits are hard to break I guess.

On the other hand, even the top tier Jasons can't wipe every lobby. What makes them the best is consistently keeping the escapes and deaths low. But at the end of the day Jason is outnumbered.

One highly skilled Jason+7 highly skilled counselors=bad time for Jason

Not saying Jason can't win though. It all depends on communication for the team and who can keep their cool the longest. I've seen both great teams and great Jason's fail because they couldn't handle the pressure.

On 11/7/2019 at 4:15 PM, DontZzz34 said:

Hiding in water and standing in front of a wall is cowardly as hell.

I disagree. Hiding in water? Yeah, maybe... but facing an object/wall isn't cowardly (it's about the same as Jason body-blocking the shack if you think about it). It IS giving counselors a free escape though, since most groups aren't going to stand there for 10+ minutes waiting to see if you move. At least some of them are going to go fix shit and escape, so you're going to have to either let them go, or go stop them and risk getting killed. 

There is a catch to this though. If everyone or near-everyone else is dead, then Tommy and SG might indeed decide to stand there the rest of the round in case you move. A group I sometimes kill Jason with had this exact situation not long ago. Jason get's demasked, Tommy and SG invade the shack, Jason shows up, but faces a corner and doesn't move. Eventually, Tommy gets an idea and backs off, while SG stands right next to Jason and starts dancing. After a couple of minutes, Jason decides that, since Tommy is no longer close enough to be able to save her, this is a perfect chance for a grab kill. He grabs, get's PK'ed, then is immediately stunned by SG before he can turn back to the corner. 

From my own experience, the majority of Jason's (in situations where if they just hold still, the kill would be impossible) eventually fuck up and get themselves killed. I killed one a while back with this same group who faced the map stand and would have screwed us all out of a Jason-kill had he not decided to suddenly 180 quick-throw a knife at someone (to anyone who didn't know, if you're facing the camera as Jason, tapping L1 will make Jason instantly turn 180 degrees and toss a knife. Great for when a counselor tries to sneak-attack from behind). He hit them with it, but SG used the sweater when he did it, so that was that.

Back on subject, the best advice I can give you with groups is to spam block constantly.  If you get close and start slashing away,  whoever you're hitting is going to be able to tank a couple of hits (unless they're already injured), and counterattack. If their attack breaks your mask, they're going to have enough time  to heal up and create distance before the stun wears off. Once it does, SG's going to do her thing and you're going to get a front row seat to a counselor dance party. 

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 4:49 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

My method yes it appears cowardly and to most it is but psychology is part of the game in my opinion. If I can force them into making a fatal mistake while saving my own butt then who ends up being the cowards? I like playing mind games but it is just me.I do your method sometimes as well. I personally don't care if someone "thinks"  I'm being a coward. Most "kill squads" don't have a plan B a lot of the time.

Mind games are a part of any game with player vs. player dynamics. Get inside someone's head, and they can potentially screw up.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I disagree. Hiding in water? Yeah, maybe... but facing an object/wall isn't cowardly (it's about the same as Jason body-blocking the shack if you think about it). It IS giving counselors a free escape though, since most groups aren't going to stand there for 10+ minutes waiting to see if you move. At least some of them are going to go fix shit and escape, so you're going to have to either let them go, or go stop them and risk getting killed. 

There is a catch to this though. If everyone or near-everyone else is dead, then Tommy and SG might indeed decide to stand there the rest of the round in case you move. A group I sometimes kill Jason with had this exact situation not long ago. Jason get's demasked, Tommy and SG invade the shack, Jason shows up, but faces a corner and doesn't move. Eventually, Tommy gets an idea and backs off, while SG stands right next to Jason and starts dancing. After a couple of minutes, Jason decides that, since Tommy is no longer close enough to be able to save her, this is a perfect chance for a grab kill. He grabs, get's PK'ed, then is immediately stunned by SG before he can turn back to the corner. 

From my own experience, the majority of Jason's (in situations where if they just hold still, the kill would be impossible) eventually fuck up and get themselves killed. I killed one a while back with this same group who faced the map stand and would have screwed us all out of a Jason-kill had he not decided to suddenly 180 quick-throw a knife at someone (to anyone who didn't know, if you're facing the camera as Jason, tapping L1 will make Jason instantly turn 180 degrees and toss a knife. Great for when a counselor tries to sneak-attack from behind). He hit them with it, but SG used the sweater when he did it, so that was that.

Back on subject, the best advice I can give you with groups is to spam block constantly.  If you get close and start slashing away,  whoever you're hitting is going to be able to tank a couple of hits (unless they're already injured), and counterattack. If their attack breaks your mask, they're going to have enough time  to heal up and create distance before the stun wears off. Once it does, SG's going to do her thing and you're going to get a front row seat to a counselor dance party. 

My favorite way of killing Jason now is to catch a coward off guard. If he's hiding in the lake and I tea bag enough I can usually get him to poke his head out of the water. From there a heavy attack drops him to his knees and the x prompt comes up even though he's completely submerged in water and I'm swimming over him. Also the naughty Jason standing in the corner thinks he's safe. But little does he know it's still possible to get the x prompt and kill him through the wall. Or if he's not close enough to the wall you can get him on the inside because the x prompt will come up if you're close enough but still on his back side. Honestly if you're in range of the sweater right now with your mask off you're dead unless the dropping hit doesn't stun. Even if you're not in range all SG has to do is spam triangle and the next time you get in range, through shift or morph, you're automatically locked into the stun. There are exploits that will get you out of the stun of course, but that won't fly in a tournament setting because they're going to know them when they see it.

On 11/6/2019 at 11:37 AM, Seraphic King said:

Just slash don't grab.......literally the best method due to the multiple hit system.

7 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

My favorite way of killing Jason now is to catch a coward off guard. If he's hiding in the lake and I tea bag enough I can usually get him to poke his head out of the water. From there a heavy attack drops him to his knees and the x prompt comes up even though he's completely submerged in water and I'm swimming over him. Also the naughty Jason standing in the corner thinks he's safe. But little does he know it's still possible to get the x prompt and kill him through the wall. Or if he's not close enough to the wall you can get him on the inside because the x prompt will come up if you're close enough but still on his back side. Honestly if you're in range of the sweater right now with your mask off you're dead unless the dropping hit doesn't stun. Even if you're not in range all SG has to do is spam triangle and the next time you get in range, through shift or morph, you're automatically locked into the stun. There are exploits that will get you out of the stun of course, but that won't fly in a tournament setting because they're going to know them when they see it.

Being demasked and in range of the sweater isn't always a 100% death sentence (in fairness though, it usually is). In this game, .I didn't want to attack Tommy and SG head-on, but I also didn't want them to survive. So, I decided to take a chance and let them walk into an ambush. I stayed away long enough for them to think I was hiding somewhere, then went back to the phone cabin, turned on Stalk, and waited in the bathroom. I was banking on them getting bored and calling the police once it became apparent I wasn't giving them an easy Jason-kill. Sure enough, a few minutes later I see them approach the cabin and install the fuse. SG runs in followed by Tommy, and as soon as I hear her talking, I Surprise Motherfucker!'ed them.

You might be wondering why I grabbed SG despite knowing that Tommy was going to hit me and make me drop her. Well, that's the exact reason I did it, because I knew he'd hit me and make me drop her. Grabbing her caused her to drop her weapon. Tommy then hits me, but in doing so he made himself an easy target because I turned and grabbed him immediately after dropping SG. Remember how I grabbed him once already at the shack when he stepped in my entrance trap (I don't give a shit who says otherwise, trapping the shack helps)? That means he's lost his pocket-knife, and because SG dropped her weapon, she couldn't free him in time to stop me from choking him to death.

Yes, she could have used the sweater to make me drop him,  I know that, but you know who didn't know that? Sweater-Girl ^_^

• Like 2

Its way too easy to kill Jason so there isn't a whole lot you can do.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Being demasked and in range of the sweater isn't always a 100% death sentence (in fairness though, it usually is). In this game, .I didn't want to attack Tommy and SG head-on, but I also didn't want them to survive. So, I decided to take a chance and let them walk into an ambush. I stayed away long enough for them to think I was hiding somewhere, then went back to the phone cabin, turned on Stalk, and waited in the bathroom. I was banking on them getting bored and calling the police once it became apparent I wasn't giving them an easy Jason-kill. Sure enough, a few minutes later I see them approach the cabin and install the fuse. SG runs in followed by Tommy, and as soon as I hear her talking, I Surprise Motherfucker!'ed them.

You might be wondering why I grabbed SG despite knowing that Tommy was going to hit me and make me drop her. Well, that's the exact reason I did it, because I knew he'd hit me and make me drop her. Grabbing her caused her to drop her weapon. Tommy then hits me, but in doing so he made himself an easy target because I turned and grabbed him immediately after dropping SG. Remember how I grabbed him once already at the shack when he stepped in my entrance trap (I don't give a shit who says otherwise, trapping the shack helps)? That means he's lost his pocket-knife, and because SG dropped her weapon, she couldn't free him in time to stop me from choking him to death.

Yes, she could have used the sweater to make me drop him,  I know that, but you know who didn't know that? Sweater-Girl ^_^

Actually she could have used the sweater @ 1:30, 1:50, and 6:45. But yes, you're lucky she didn't know that. I killed one the other day through the wall of the phone house. He was body blocking the phone box. I think he was trying to put us in timeout or something. Had them stun and drop him and I took care of the rest from the other side. 

Btw did you see my discovery with static range? Might help someone like you that enjoys stalk kills...

Can only speak for myself here.  And for me, I've never been killed as Jason.    While it maybe easy to kill Jason, its also impossible to catch Jason that plays defensive.   

1st thing I do.. Screen the lobby and know what im getting into.  Avoid lobbies filled with higher levels, screen everyone who is high level to see if they are friends.    A lobby filled with friends who are high levels usually means a 99% chance they go for a Jason kill.   But the best lobbies are the ones filled with low levels and randoms.    Try hard Jason killers ruin the game.

If I decide to stay..  I only kill the women, and ignore all the male counselors till the woman are dead.   For me I don't care how I killed, I don't mind if people survive.  I put surviving as Jason over kill count.

If they manage to demask me and and get tommy.   I turn into a ghost, collect every knife I can and constantly stay out of sweater range and use the water.  (This does piss people off, but I don't care)   Its a shoe on the other foot type of situation.   I don't expect the Jason hunters to lay down and down easily, so if they expect me to lay down for them, it ain't happening.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Actually she could have used the sweater @ 1:30, 1:50, and 6:45. But yes, you're lucky she didn't know that. I killed one the other day through the wall of the phone house. He was body blocking the phone box. I think he was trying to put us in timeout or something. Had them stun and drop him and I took care of the rest from the other side. 

Btw did you see my discovery with static range? Might help someone like you that enjoys stalk kills...

I think I missed that one. Got a link?

On 11/7/2019 at 11:18 PM, Somethin Cool said:

Not saying Jason can't win though. It all depends on communication for the team and who can keep their cool the longest. I've seen both great teams and great Jason's fail because they couldn't handle the pressure.

Really, Theres really no winning or losing.  Its who survives and who dies.  Since this is not a competitive game a 'great' team is simply a buzz kill.  

Jason controls the narrative, so feeling the pressure is pointless.  Jason doesn't have to kill everyone.  

And,  Jason is simply impossible to kill if he uses his skill set to avoid counselors.

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Can only speak for myself here.  And for me, I've never been killed as Jason.    While it maybe easy to kill Jason, its also impossible to catch Jason that plays defensive.   

1st thing I do.. Screen the lobby and know what im getting into.  Avoid lobbies filled with higher levels, screen everyone who is high level to see if they are friends.    A lobby filled with friends who are high levels usually means a 99% chance they go for a Jason kill.   But the best lobbies are the ones filled with low levels and randoms.    Try hard Jason killers ruin the game.

If I decide to stay..  I only kill the women, and ignore all the male counselors till the woman are dead.   For me I don't care how I killed, I don't mind if people survive.  I put surviving as Jason over kill count.

If they manage to demask me and and get tommy.   I turn into a ghost, collect every knife I can and constantly stay out of sweater range and use the water.  (This does piss people off, but I don't care)   Its a shoe on the other foot type of situation.   I don't expect the Jason hunters to lay down and down easily, so if they expect me to lay down for them, it ain't happening.

No offense intended, but it kinda sounds like you prefer easy kills over a legitimate challenge. I can understand being a little intimidated if you join a lobby and it's full of lv 150 Vanessa's, but the only way to improve as Jason is to play against well-skilled counselors. If you only play against people that are barely better than offline-bots, you're cheating yourself out of valuable experience (for lack of a better word) and stunting your own growth as Jason.

I've mentioned before that I have a couple of friends I go kill Jason with, and after killing literally dozens of them, there are two things that still blow my mind that I might never understand:

1) Why do so many Jason's fall for being "baited"? A counselor hunts you down, attacks until your mask breaks, then literally just stands there dancing/tea-bagging the ground/flashing you/etc... and makes no attempt to run away. It is blatantly obvious they're trying to get killed on purpose so they can have a shot at coming back at Tommy Jarvis, so why would you give them what they want?

2) Why do so many Jason's (AFTER losing their mask) intentionally put themselves in close proximity to Tommy and SG? If counselors break your mask and a few minutes later your sweater gets stolen, you know exactly what's going on. If you see Tommy and SG together just standing there,  why the fuck would you even CONSIDER running right up to them? It's the oldest trick in the book: You break into a cabin where Tommy and SG are, you fight, your mask breaks, they run outside to make sure there's plenty of room for the kill, and you run right after them.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

No offense intended, but it kinda sounds like you prefer easy kills over a legitimate challenge. 

Of course..    This is Jason not the Predator. :D

Jason, by design.   Looks for easy victims, hes not looking to fight an elite task force.

I've played against plenty of try hards.  Its just not fun.  I don't mind a bit of a challenge.  But when I play against try hards it becomes less of a show and more of a competition.  Now I have to 'try hard' instead of putting on a good show with kills and chases.     This to me is the exact opposite of fun.  As I've always considered this a party game not a competition.

Theres a reason why I let people escape..  Even if can kill them.  If it makes sense, they should escape.

When a bunch of try hards group up and go for kills against Jason.  I play like a complete asshole. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1