Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jason Todd Voorhees

New Wrong Turn Finish Shooting

Recommended Posts

It has my interest even if I didn’t follow the series past number 1, which is a better movie than it’s given credit for. The makeup is top notch too. Yes it’s trope(y) but that doesn’t stop it from being a good ride. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It has my interest even if I didn’t follow the series past number 1, which is a better movie than it’s given credit for. The makeup is top notch too. Yes it’s trope(y) but that doesn’t stop it from being a good ride. 

Lol funny that you say that because I have only seen the first one as well!

I did enjoy it very much but for some reason just never took the time or spent the money buying or renting the others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It has my interest even if I didn’t follow the series past number 1, which is a better movie than it’s given credit for. The makeup is top notch too. Yes it’s trope(y) but that doesn’t stop it from being a good ride. 

 

12 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Lol funny that you say that because I have only seen the first one as well!

I did enjoy it very much but for some reason just never took the time or spent the money buying or renting the others.

Really guys?? I've seen basically all of them lol.

9 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Thanks for the announcement @Jason Todd Voorhees.

I've seen each of the other Wrong Turn films, but the first one will always stand out.

No problem! I got other posts to give as well! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Really guys?? I've seen basically all of them lol.

 

The series didn’t click for me, if you know what I mean. I felt they told a decent story but nothing gave me the feeling like there was more to say. I also didn’t connect with the brothers and father, so following their story wasn’t enough of a kick. I’ll probably watch them at some point, especially if the new one does click. I’d hope the makeup and effects stay as good as they were in that first entry. 

I always liked the other entries in this sub-genre so maybe it was a mistake not to watch them before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me guess... They're either taking the series to space or putting it on a boat. I'd prefer space myself, those are always fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

No problem! I got other posts to give as well! 

Keep 'em coming brother. 😎

4 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:
The series didn’t click for me, if you know what I mean. I felt they told a decent story but nothing gave me the feeling like there was more to say. I also didn’t connect with the brothers and father, so following their story wasn’t enough of a kick. I’ll probably watch them at some point, especially if the new one does click. I’d hope the makeup and effects stay as good as they were in that first entry. 

I always liked the other entries in this sub-genre so maybe it was a mistake not to watch them before.

I agree that the makeup really does make an impact on the film's enjoyment.

4 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

Let me guess... They're either taking the series to space or putting it on a boat. I'd prefer space myself, those are always fun.

Space trumps boats any day of the week.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2019 at 3:57 PM, Fair Play said:

Keep 'em coming brother. 😎

I got you guys!

On 11/7/2019 at 11:24 AM, Slasher_Clone said:
 

The series didn’t click for me, if you know what I mean. I felt they told a decent story but nothing gave me the feeling like there was more to say. I also didn’t connect with the brothers and father, so following their story wasn’t enough of a kick. I’ll probably watch them at some point, especially if the new one does click. I’d hope the makeup and effects stay as good as they were in that first entry. 

I always liked the other entries in this sub-genre so maybe it was a mistake not to watch them before.

That's understandable and for me I love slashers or horror in general. 

On 11/7/2019 at 11:33 AM, F134Ever86 said:

Let me guess... They're either taking the series to space or putting it on a boat. I'd prefer space myself, those are always fun.

Likely a boat haha.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wrong-turn-poster.jpg?ssl=1

The synopsis is something along the lines of hikers on the Appalachian trail running into people who have lived there since before the civil war. No mention of inbreeding but c'mon... it's wrong turn.

@Jason Todd Voorhees got the scoop from bloody disgusting

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3595717/first-teaser-poster-brand-new-wrong-turn-movie-teases-arrival-foundation/

Edited by F134Ever86
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F134Ever86 said:

wrong-turn-poster.jpg?ssl=1

The synopsis is something along the lines of hikers on the Appalachian trail running into people who have lived there since before the civil war. No mention of inbreeding but c'mon... it's wrong turn.

wait what?? before the civil war? Appalachian? wtf!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting. Seems like another „Batman begins“ or some kind of where the background story is told.

The first movie WRONG TURN had potential in my opinion, but the sequels lost quality and those weirdo brothers/family became also a bit comical.

However, I could imagine a videogame Adaption for the „WRONG TURN“ Franchise. 

Different from the gameplay  of our Friday 13th Game,  in which  the players only have to cope with  one villain per match, a „wrong turn“game could take us to a different multiplayer level with like up to 15 players per lobby: 1-3 evil crazy cannibals against 10-12 players, trying to survive.

Depending on how many players in the lobby we will have 1 or max. 3 cannibals.  

Basing on material of at least 7 (?) wrong Turn movies, there could be a lot of content like different maps (again like F13 the woods, I like the woods), a lot of different villains and survivors, many skins, weapons (like the crossbow kill), environmental kills or even escape ways (like reaching the plattform in the forest, repair the radio, calling rangers, etc).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Wolledc, I've got some ideas for a Wrong Turn game. I have to watch the franchise all over again (including the newest installment eventually).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2020 at 3:47 PM, Wolledc said:

Interesting. Seems like another „Batman begins“ or some kind of where the background story is told.

The first movie WRONG TURN had potential in my opinion, but the sequels lost quality and those weirdo brothers/family became also a bit comical.

However, I could imagine a videogame Adaption for the „WRONG TURN“ Franchise. 

Different from the gameplay  of our Friday 13th Game,  in which  the players only have to cope with  one villain per match, a „wrong turn“game could take us to a different multiplayer level with like up to 15 players per lobby: 1-3 evil crazy cannibals against 10-12 players, trying to survive.

Depending on how many players in the lobby we will have 1 or max. 3 cannibals.  

Basing on material of at least 7 (?) wrong Turn movies, there could be a lot of content like different maps (again like F13 the woods, I like the woods), a lot of different villains and survivors, many skins, weapons (like the crossbow kill), environmental kills or even escape ways (like reaching the plattform in the forest, repair the radio, calling rangers, etc).

 

On 2/7/2020 at 12:34 AM, Fair Play said:

@Wolledc, I've got some ideas for a Wrong Turn game. I have to watch the franchise all over again (including the newest installment eventually).

Yall need to get into the development classes! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

 

Yall need to get into the development classes! 

I've given a lot of thought to that. If I do, I already have 30 projects that I'd like to work on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I've given a lot of thought to that. If I do, I already have 30 projects that I'd like to work on.

Any specific ones you can name for us for hype purposes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Any specific ones you can name for us for hype purposes?

Let me take a moment to flip through the infamous book of ideas.

I've got ideas for everything from Hellraiser to Night of the Demons to Wrong Turn, among other things.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Let me take a moment to flip through the infamous book of ideas.

I've got ideas for everything from Hellraiser to Night of the Demons to Wrong Turn, among other things.

NICE! Cant wait to see the list! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

NICE! Cant wait to see the list! :D

Here is the list based on licensed material:

A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Night of the Demons, Wrong Turn, Sleepaway Camp, Hellraiser, Pumpkinhead, Critters, Leprechaun, Child's Play, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Scream, Manic Cop, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Psycho, Night of the Living Dead, Evil Dead, The Grudge, It, The Ring, Candyman, Dracula, Frankenstein, House on Haunted Hill.

I had three different approaches on an F13 game. Given the lawsuit and all, I moved those to the back burner.

I also have a bunch of custom game ideas, focusing on things like werewolves, zombies, vampires, witches, aliens, and demons.

There are more, but I'm taking some time to split the overstuffed binder into other binders for organizational purposes. I hope you found this list interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Here is the list based on licensed material:

A Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Night of the Demons, Wrong Turn, Sleepaway Camp, Hellraiser, Pumpkinhead, Critters, Leprechaun, Child's Play, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Scream, Manic Cop, Killer Klowns from Outer Space, Psycho, Night of the Living Dead, Evil Dead, The Grudge, It, The Ring, Candyman, Dracula, Frankenstein, House on Haunted Hill.

I had three different approaches on an F13 game. Given the lawsuit and all, I moved those to the back burner.

I also have a bunch of custom game ideas, focusing on things like werewolves, zombies, vampires, witches, aliens, and demons.

There are more, but I'm taking some time to split the overstuffed binder into other binders for organizational purposes. I hope you found this list interesting.

Whoa man 😮 if you get a gofundme or anything else I'll be one of the first to help fund it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Fair Play said:

The Ring,

My imagination has always been nearly limitless, but I honestly do not have any idea how the gameplay of a video game based on the movie „the ring“ would turn out? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Whoa man 😮 if you get a gofundme or anything else I'll be one of the first to help fund it!

I appreciate the consideration.

If I get the vision close to ideal, I will consider the option.

7 hours ago, Wolledc said:

My imagination has always been nearly limitless, but I honestly do not have any idea how the gameplay of a video game based on the movie „the ring“ would turn out? 

I have to find tune the idea, but I believe it is doable. A lot of my ideas are based on extreme outside the box thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...