While this game has been improved greatly since I last played (which is REALLY NICE!) I can't help but point out the elephant in the room...

The game is getting NO MORE NEW CONTENT... That said, many of us non-backers have wanted to play as Savini Jason SINCE RELEASE. I get that the devs probably have their own integrity to consider for their backers but here's the rub: 

MOST OF THE BACKERS HAVE STOPPED PLAYING THIS GAME.

I have played daily for up to 6hrs at a time since Halloween and I have seen ONE Savini Jason and honestly, I doubt its a legit backer, given the profile is barely a year old.

So, I have a suggestion that will benifit players who want Savini and give the devs a bunch of extra cash before they jump ship.(Not saying they would do it on purpose but if the money well dries up completely, how are they going to support their servers or keep paying the remaining devs to patch the game?)

So here's the idea/suggestion:

Put Savini Jason up as DLC for $20. Yeah, people will call it a "cash grab" but if the game is dead in the water with no new content coming, what have you guys got to lose? I guarantee you people will buy it and it might just keep the servers/devs afloat a little longer.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, deathsia said:

While this game has been improved greatly since I last played (which is REALLY NICE!) I can't help but point out the elephant in the room...

The game is getting NO MORE NEW CONTENT... That said, many of us non-backers have wanted to play as Savini Jason SINCE RELEASE. I get that the devs probably have their own integrity to consider for their backers but here's the rub: 

MOST OF THE BACKERS HAVE STOPPED PLAYING THIS GAME.

I have played daily for up to 6hrs at a time since Halloween and I have seen ONE Savini Jason and honestly, I doubt its a legit backer, given the profile is barely a year old.

So, I have a suggestion that will benifit players who want Savini and give the devs a bunch of extra cash before they jump ship.(Not saying they would do it on purpose but if the money well dries up completely, how are they going to support their servers or keep paying the remaining devs to patch the game?)

So here's the idea/suggestion:

Put Savini Jason up as DLC for $20. Yeah, people will call it a "cash grab" but if the game is dead in the water with no new content coming, what have you guys got to lose? I guarantee you people will buy it and it might just keep the servers/devs afloat a little longer.

sadly id never pay for that an neither would any of my friends or family as it is we are trying to get free codes to download the ps4 version be4 they remove it  to be honest the game is not up to par it diffrers from the movies makin jason to difficult to kill an letting cheaters get away with everything only if they use those cheats to win as jason very very sad

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

sadly id never pay for that an neither would any of my friends or family as it is we are trying to get free codes to download the ps4 version be4 they remove it  to be honest the game is not up to par it diffrers from the movies makin jason to difficult to kill an letting cheaters get away with everything only if they use those cheats to win as jason very very sad

Jason difficult to kill...

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

You had like 2 years to pre-order for the Savini Jason. It ain't gonna happen, sorry.

Agreed.  I found out late in the Backerkit cycle but made the deadline to be a backer of the game and got Savini before we ever even knew what he was.

They really need to remove that stupid "Harassment will not be tolerated" and replace it with "Savini Jason will NOT be added or sold!".  You get this same question/"solution" every other goddamn day and people just never learn or listen, no matter how many times it is OFFICIALLY stated as a "no" or "never".  If someone has some mild experience photoshopping, make a pic with the close-up shot of Savini Jason with the red circle and line across ala Ghostbusters.

• Thanks 1

In before lock.

Seriously though, it's already that time of the month for someone to post an "I want Savini Jason" post?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

You had like 2 years to pre-order for the Savini Jason. It ain't gonna happen, sorry.

You never know.

36 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

Agreed.  I found out late in the Backerkit cycle but made the deadline to be a backer of the game and got Savini before we ever even knew what he was.

They really need to remove that stupid "Harassment will not be tolerated" and replace it with "Savini Jason will NOT be added or sold!".  You get this same question/"solution" every other goddamn day and people just never learn or listen, no matter how many times it is OFFICIALLY stated as a "no" or "never".  If someone has some mild experience photoshopping, make a pic with the close-up shot of Savini Jason with the red circle and line across ala Ghostbusters.

11 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

In before lock.

Seriously though, it's already that time of the month for someone to post an "I want Savini Jason" post?

Oh put a sock in it already you two, even if you are a backers, you obviously don't play anymore since I have yet to see ANYONE play as Savini other than that one guy I mentioned in my OP so why you bitching?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, deathsia said:

Oh put a sock in it already you two, even if you are a backers,

I actually wasn’t a backer, so I wasn’t able to get in on the Savini deal. But I have come to terms with the fact that Savini will  never be available for purchase ever again. At least not legally anyway. 

5 hours ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

The game was not meant to be an exact replica of the events of the movies. No game based on a movie is ever 100% precise or accurate.

People are cheating as counselors and Jason.

5 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

This ^ 😎

• Like 2

7 hours ago, deathsia said:

even if you are a backers, you obviously don't play anymore since I have yet to see ANYONE play as Savini other than that one guy I mentioned in my OP so why you bitching?

You are so wrong and clueless...  Is this you:RUmny1IXZLCx.gif?

@lasse_hei, @Redrum138, @pioneer67fkd, @ikarikh and plenty others can vouch for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You never know.

Actually we do know......the developers have said it’s never gonna happen.

Oh put a sock in it already you two, even if you are a backers, you obviously don't play anymore since I have yet to see ANYONE play as Savini other than that one guy I mentioned in my OP so why you bitching?

I am a backer and almost Never use Savini.....it is a very rare occasion when I select him I Main part 9 I like the options I have with his playstyle more.... 

Just because you don’t See Savini Jason doesn’t mean backers aren’t playing still..

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Just because you don’t See Savini Jason doesn’t mean backers aren’t playing still..

That's right. Backers are still out there, even if they aren't making their presence well known to every single player they meet.

• Like 2

I actually agree with the OP.  The devs are giving up on the game anyway, so what's the point of holding on to their integrity now?

If selling it for $20 raises enough to keep the private servers going for longer, isn't that a good thing for everybody?

It's not like they didn't already "accidentally" leak it thousands of times already anyway, so why not?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

What are Savini Jason's stats? 

+Weapon strength

+Destruction

+Shift

-cant run

-water speed

-grip strength

Basically pay to win although you wouldn't believe how many I've seen that still suck even with all of those strengths and no real weaknesses.

Makes me feel all warm inside whenever I drop one to his knees 🤗

Also most of the reason the backers that still play rarely use him. It's pretty much guaranteed to turn into a kill lobby when the Savinis turn comes up.

Honestly though, I made Savini Jason obsolete back in February. You need to look up boredom era on YouTube and get familiar with double tap.

😉

• Like 1

Rust is the best Jason in the game. Period. End of story. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Rust is the best Jason in the game. Period. End of story. 

PRO JAYSOUN, I'm sure...

💯

😂🤣😂

10 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

PRO JAYSOUN, I'm sure...

💯

😂🤣😂

I'm guessing that is a jab at me.  Look, I have never said I was the best.  Other people talk highly of me because of how I have always played.  Never used glitches or exploits, never do animation cancels (exploit), never had an ego about playing well/ not well, and never talked shit to anyone unless they came at me unprovoked.  I don't take part in the pissing contest that everyone else seems to enjoy, I just wanna kill people.  And @malloymk in particular speaks highly of me because we won the first tournament that the game ever had (to my knowledge, at least) and according to him, @Shadesofjoe, and everyone else on the team, it was because of me wiping out the kill squads in a point-based setup (where certain actions gave more points than just solely "Kill Jason") in conjunction with my team who kicked ass doing objectives while avoiding death in nearly all their matches on their side of the game.  This was all before the game had various negative impact bugs introduced shortly after the Engine Update.  The game then isn't what the game is now.  Unless the Jason player was inexperienced, this was before everyone could make a joke out of the killer in his own game.

• Like 2

Can you blame most of the backers for exiting stage left though? Between the misfires, being banned for voicing criticism, the controversies, etc.

This narrative that Wes and the team hung onto back then about this game being the 'little engine that could' and how they 'never anticipated the success' the game ended up having financially feels like some of the biggest lies in gaming history. They saw the preorders, the backer numbers, the launch sales, hell the hype itself, etc. Its all lies to cover up for the failures along the way.

Friday the 13th hadn't had a proper game since the NES game and even that was mostly criticized and only really had a cult following over the years. Turns out that's probably the fate of this game after all the misfires and death roughly a year into launch too. This game was supposed to surpass that game beyond simply being a cult following.

Point being. You could've slapped these names on this game instead and it still would've sold like hotcakes...you keep the generic counselors in place with slight changes like calling them babysitters or whatever, add in the likes of Jamie Lloyd, Laurie Strode, Dr. Loomis from Halloween or Nancy, Kristen, Alice, Kincaid from Nightmare, etc and it would've sold. Texas Chainsaw would've been harder, but still.

- Nightmare on Elmstreet: The Game

- Halloween: The Game

- Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Game

The game would've sold regardless of what major 80s horror IP you put behind it.

And what did we get?

- 2 new maps

- 2 new Jasons

- 4 new counselors

- 3 troll maps (Small) instead of Grendel/NY/Any other entry

- Zero new game modes

-- Zero effort to change the meta of the game beyond small tweaks that amounted to very little. Most of the people who were around in 2017 believe every attempt to patch the game made it less and less playable minus a couple decent ones. It didn't seem like player retention was a priority.

Don't confuse criticism with toxicity. The criticisms of the game are more than just a few angry gamers being 'toxic'. Many just stopped caring and moved on, which is worse.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Can you blame most of the backers for exiting stage left though? Between the misfires, being banned for voicing criticism, the controversies, etc.

This narrative that Wes and the team hung onto back then about this game being the 'little engine that could' and how they 'never anticipated the success' the game ended up having financially feels like some of the biggest lies in gaming history. They saw the preorders, the backer numbers, the launch sales, hell the hype itself, etc. Its all lies to cover up for the failures along the way.

Friday the 13th hadn't had a proper game since the NES game and even that was mostly criticized and only really had a cult following over the years. Turns out that's probably the fate of this game after all the misfires and death roughly a year into launch too. This game was supposed to surpass that game beyond simply being a cult following.

Point being. You could've slapped these names on this game instead and it still would've sold like hotcakes...you keep the generic counselors in place with slight changes like calling them babysitters or whatever, add in the likes of Jamie Lloyd, Laurie Strode, Dr. Loomis from Halloween or Nancy, Kristen, Alice, Kincaid from Nightmare, etc and it would've sold. Texas Chainsaw would've been harder, but still.

- Nightmare on Elmstreet: The Game

- Halloween: The Game

- Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Game

The game would've sold regardless of what major 80s horror IP you put behind it.

And what did we get?

- 2 new maps

- 2 new Jasons

- 4 new counselors

- 3 troll maps (Small) instead of Grendel/NY/Any other entry

- Zero new game modes

-- Zero effort to change the meta of the game beyond small tweaks that amounted to very little. Most of the people who were around in 2017 believe every attempt to patch the game made it less and less playable minus a couple decent ones. It didn't seem like player retention was a priority.

Don't confuse criticism with toxicity. The criticisms of the game are more than just a few angry gamers being 'toxic'. Many just stopped caring and moved on, which is worse.

100% agree with all of this.

• Thanks 1