Latcholay

After The Lawsuit Why Not Ask Permission?

If the lawsuit goes well(appeal) why cant the developers ask Miller to grant them the ability to release new content?

8 minutes ago, Latcholay said:

If the lawsuit goes well(appeal) why cant the developers ask Miller to grant them the ability to release new content?

From all the information we have right now thanks to Larry Zerner it looks like the lawsuit could take till June 2020 to conclude and he said whoever doesn't win will most likely appeal. Also he said that in the event that happens the lawsuit could go for another couple of years. On the other hand even if the lawsuit came to an end in June 2020, Gun have stated they are not pursuing content regardless. I don't know if that would also apply to them releasing things that were already done like kill packs/emotes/clothing but my guess is that no matter what we won't see anything new to the game ever.

On 11/3/2019 at 1:30 PM, PackASnack_Lodge said:

Gun have stated they are not pursuing content regardless. I don't know if that would also apply to them releasing things that were already done like kill packs/emotes/clothing but my guess is that no matter what we won't see anything new to the game ever.

Agreed. Even if the lawsuit ends in June 2020, it's a safe bet the online servers for the game will either be shut down by then, or not long thereafter (subtle vibes I've gotten from all the "this late in the game's life" quips I've seen from Matt over the last couple months). Best thing we could hope for, and I still strongly doubt it, is for Gun to release the stuff that's already in the game (Uber Jason/Kill Packs) for offline play.

1 hour ago, SteveChristy said:

Agreed. Even if the lawsuit ends in June 2020, it's a safe bet the online servers for the game will either be shut down by then, or not long thereafter (subtle vibes I've gotten from all the "this late in the game's life" quips I've seen from Matt over the last couple months). Best thing we could hope for, and I still strongly doubt it, is for Gun to release the stuff that's already in the game (Uber Jason/Kill Packs) for offline play.

As nice as that would be, i 100% doubt they will release any of the content that is 100% done like any kill packs that some of the unreleased kills we have seen leaked via various sources as well as any costumes/maps/emotes etc... I am sure all that stuff will stay unreleased.

• Haha 1

I an only praying GunMedia namely Wes will revoke that motion of No Content and have people ready to make new content....but that dream is seemly thin....

Fuck both of these greedy, crusty old men.

That said, I do understand Miller's side a wee bit more than Cunningham's. I'm sure the dude probably would have just taken a payoff - which I guess he probably deserves? - and been done with it, but noooo....Cunningham had to be a dick about it, and now we're all paying the price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only way the process ends sooner is if Victor Miller dies, and he's already old ...👨‍🦳

People are still hoping for this?

giphy.gif

It's about to be 2020. And I was very hopeful for a very long time. It would take a miracle. If it happens, it miraculously happens.

• Haha 1

I doubt it will be settled in any of the involved life times as mentioned earlier, but as always happens they have family and that will keep the problem going on like Superman and Batman scenarios, because you know how they argue every couple years about how much more money they can milk from the  franchise

2 hours ago, VLK said:

I doubt it will be settled in any of the involved life times as mentioned earlier, but as always happens they have family and that will keep the problem going on like Superman and Batman scenarios, because you know how they argue every couple years about how much more money they can milk from the  franchise

At the end of the day, it's always about the money.

• Like 2

Well PC version will always have modders...for the rest they're pretty much F

i just wish a company would make a P.C CONSOLE that is playable on tvs.

i bought an dell alien alphaware i7 pc console and it is junk.

Ian Bell's MAD BOX Console is supposed to be BETTER Than PS5 And Xbox.

it would be great to be able to play Friday the 13th mods on a console that uses a television like playstation and xbox.

My guess is that friday the 13th has such a cult following that pc mods will continue to show up.

I Just wish a good modding company would add new maps.

An abandoned camp map etc.

The Large Gothic cemetery and sheriffs station from Camp Forest Green.

It would be better for an entirely new game. This game was fun but there are ways to make an even more fun and balanced game than this one. Probably not using UnrealEngine for one. Make it more fluid and less 'arcade-y' too.

11 hours ago, VLK said:

Well PC version will always have modders...for the rest they're pretty much F

Sad, but true...

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

It would be better for an entirely new game. This game was fun but there are ways to make an even more fun and balanced game than this one. Probably not using UnrealEngine for one. Make it more fluid and less 'arcade-y' too.

A new game could take things in an entirely different direction. I'd be curious to see what comes about in the distant future, long after the lawsuit is resolved.

• Like 1

I'm afraid that nothing is going to overturn the no content announcement Gun made a while back.