I know no new content will be added,but what about mod support like they have in fallout and skyrim..if the developers cant legally put in new content,let modders do it for them with their own creations.it would keep the game alive at least for awhile.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 11/3/2019 at 2:49 AM, Videogamenerd7 said:

I know no new content will be added,but what about mod support like they have in fallout and skyrim..if the developers cant legally put in new content,let modders do it for them with their own creations.it would keep the game alive at least for awhile.

This has been suggested to them and they have stated that while it isn't something they were looking at as an option at the time they wouldn't rule it out. Wes said something to the effect of maybe close to the end of the games life or after the DS get turned off they may implement the option but honestly who knows.

On 11/3/2019 at 2:49 AM, Videogamenerd7 said:

The game will live on as long as people are willing to play it. If we should have P2P as an option once the dedicated servers shut down for good, then the game won't completely die.

• Like 2

Look how long Doom has survived simply due to the fan modding community. I could see all sorts of great fan-created content being made for this game if given the chance. Even the reviled Aliens: Colonial Marines was turned into a very decent and playable game thanks to mods.

If Gun gave the F13 community the the ability to mod the game we could very well see fan-made patches that actually fix all of the bugs and add new Jasons, new levels, kills, etc. It could be the best thing ever for the game, really.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Look how long Doom has survived simply due to the fan modding community. I could see all sorts of great fan-created content being made for this game if given the chance. Even the reviled Aliens: Colonial Marines was turned into a very decent and playable game thanks to mods.

If Gun gave the F13 community the the ability to mod the game we could very well see fan-made patches that actually fix all of the bugs and add new Jasons, new levels, kills, etc. It could be the best thing ever for the game, really.

The only down side would be that it would only benefit the pc community unless they somehow ended up allowing for mods on console as well

10 hours ago, PackASnack_Lodge said:

The only down side would be that it would only benefit the pc community unless they somehow ended up allowing for mods on console as well

PC is the only community that really matters, though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, PackASnack_Lodge said:

lol it really isn't

1. Let's see you say that in a year or so when the game servers are shut down.

2. Adding "lol" to your post doesn't make it edgy or funny. Sorry.

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

1. Let's see you say that in a year or so when the game servers are shut down.

2. Adding "lol" to your post doesn't make it edgy or funny. Sorry.

In the end it doesn't matter no matter which way you look at it because it will never happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PackASnack_Lodge said:

In the end it doesn't matter no matter which way you look at it because it will never happen.

Not sure what you're saying will "never happen." If you mean the servers being shut down, do you really think Gun will keep them up and running forever? If so, then LOL @ you.

If you're talking about mod support, Gun has stated that they may include a final update for mod support at the end of the game's retail life.

52 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

Not sure what you're saying will "never happen." If you mean the servers being shut down, do you really think Gun will keep them up and running forever? If so, then LOL @ you.

If you're talking about mod support, Gun has stated that they may include a final update for mod support at the end of the game's retail life.

I was referring to the mod support. As for Gun stating they may include it for a final update is just laughable. We can't even get a patch that only fixes things let alone patches in a decent time frame. I can guarantee you, mod support will not happen.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PackASnack_Lodge said:

I was referring to the mod support. As for Gun stating they may include it for a final update is just laughable. We can't even get a patch that only fixes things let alone patches in a decent time frame. I can guarantee you, mod support will not happen.

Hmm. Unfortunately, I'm finding your logic hard to argue with.  :(

• Like 1

The game is already being modded by the modding community you cant stop progress. ive seen pictures etc every pc game can be modded.

On 11/7/2019 at 10:27 AM, imthatdamngood33 said:

How does PSP work? Is it an option on PS4? I am going to be sad when there is no more online for this game.

In psp it could handle some tweaks on the go as a "wild" system but you imported / created mods from a external source environment aka PC,  but PS4 can't because is an "enslaved" system depending on constant connection to sony's network, furthermore, the system is designed to not accept "foreign / unlicensed" code tht easily, so hacking a ps4 to receive mods would be time consuming and it will render that ps4 unfit for online play

2 hours ago, WARRIC said:

The game is already being modded by the modding community you cant stop progress. ive seen pictures etc every pc game can be modded.

When modders like something they will do it whether developers like it or not....just as an addendum most of the time among the first mods are boob related mods XD (RE2 remake is a good example of that) 

4 hours ago, WARRIC said:

That doesn't surprise me.

• Like 2

On 11/7/2019 at 4:37 PM, Dolemite said:

Matt’s response to mods in a recent discussion: found in this thread

”We can't allow mods in a game with a licensed IP, unless it were through a map editor and handled LONG ago where every potential map asset were approved by partners prior. To develop that now, and not be able to charge a dime for it to recover development costs is foolish and unrealistic.”

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Matt’s response to mods in a recent discussion: found in this thread

”We can't allow mods in a game with a licensed IP, unless it were through a map editor and handled LONG ago where every potential map asset were approved by partners prior. To develop that now, and not be able to charge a dime for it to recover development costs is foolish and unrealistic.”

Wow, I guess I was talking out of my ass, then. Thanks for correcting me.

That said, there are plenty of games out there that have enjoyed fan mods without any developer support. So we'll see what happens.

4 hours ago, Dolemite said:

Wow, I guess I was talking out of my ass, then. Thanks for correcting me.

That said, there are plenty of games out there that have enjoyed fan mods without any developer support. So we'll see what happens.

I wouldn't say you were talking out of your ass. I do remember a conversation a while back on the forums where someone asked them if modding would be a possibility at the end of the game's life cycle, and it was said that they would look into it. This was a good ways back though, so it might have been Shifty that was having the discussion and not Matt.