gmintz09

The one perk you can't live without?

The one perk you can't live without?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What is one perk that you cannot live without based on your play style?

• Medic
    • Thick Skinned
    • Nerves of Steel
    • Swift Attacker
    • My Dad's a Cop
    • Sucker Punch
    • Marathon/Restful
    • Other (please specify in the comments)

Everyone plays differently, so what's the one perk that would be a deal breaker if you couldn't have it?  Which one do you swear by to get you through the game (whether it's escaping, surviving the night, or defeating Jason)?

For me, I'd say NOS - vital for helping me survive the night/extended chases and also when evading Jason while driving.  I could make due without any of the other perks I normally equip, but this one I have on pretty much every counselor for the above reasons.  

6 hours ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

bionic legs that dont  need stamina its a must have since the developers gave jason things he dont even have in the movies

It’s a video game, not a movie. They also gave counselors abilities that a real life human wouldn’t have. They can get hit by multiple throwing knives or multiple strikes from Jason’s weapons and don’t drop dead. They even have a magical spray that completely heals them when they spray themselves. Not to mention, with the right perk, you can nose dive out of a second story window and keep trucking. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

It’s a video game, not a movie. They also gave counselors abilities that a real life human wouldn’t have. They can get hit by multiple throwing knives or multiple strikes from Jason’s weapons and don’t drop dead. They even have a magical spray that completely heals them when they spray themselves. Not to mention, with the right perk, you can nose dive out of a second story window and keep trucking. 

Quite right. Not to mention having a map that automatically tells you where the other counselors are at any moment and repair items as well

Speed Demon or Lead Foot, but I usually use both wuth NoS when I feel.like messing around. It's funny to see Jason trying to catch the car. If I die beforehand, oh well.

Actual answer, probably Thick Skinned since being injured post rage buff is instant death.

Easy Listening.

I can't tell you how many times I've been running away from Jason when I run out of stamina, and I make my way to a radio to quickly regenerate stamina.  Yep, can't live without that one.

17% and higher thick skin. No other perk comes close. You're talking about the potential to drop slash/tk damage from 30 hp to as far down as 24 (20% thick skin) on a +weapon strength Jason. Or tk damage from 30 to 24 and slash damage from 20 to 16 with 20% thick skin on a base weapon strength Jason. Not to mention taking trap damage from 50 down to 40 hp.

Counselors aren't crippled until they lose 50 hitpoints. So it's 2 hits to cripple, 4 hits to kill (16% or less thick skin) VS 3 hits to cripple, 6 hits to kill on a +weapon strength Jason. For a base weapon strength Jason, 3 slashes to cripple, 6 to kill drops down to 4 slashes to cripple and 7 to kill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Defintely thick skin. Counselors are so damn fragile without it and any counselor of any skill level will die quickly to a decent- good Jason without thick skin. 

Preparedness.

I'd spend a good 5 minutes looking for a map in drawers or locating the map station -- sometimes dying before locating one. Immediately gave it to every counselor.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NickersLarge said:

Have you noticed when you have prep. equipped they’re in every3-5 drawers?

Yep. talk about coming out of the woodwork.

1 hour ago, NickersLarge said:

Have you noticed when you have prep. equipped they’re in every3-5 drawers?

Yes, and as soon as you replace prep with another perk because the maps become so readily available, they become non existent in cabin drawers again. 

Of all the ones I like, Marathon is the one I notice missing the most when I unequip it in favor of anything else. I always go back to it.

My 20% Thickskin has never be removed, except special occasions like car races. 0% negative, it's my go to perk.

The game might actually be more dynamic if the perks were gone. Especially given they were complete afterthoughts because they were too lazy to stick with special abilities.

Mobbing Jason would actually have consequences when you don't have 4 sprays, a pocket knife and thick skin in your back pocket. Same for tanking traps. Easy to do when you can still run or instant heal. What happens when you actually have to be strategic? Burn a knife or burn a medspray?

Take away the rage update for Jason, take away the perks for counselor. I'd like to see that version of the game. Also take away Sense toggle for Jason, since I feel that's half the reason late game composure and stealth mean absolutely nothing as stats.

4 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

The game might actually be more dynamic if the perks were gone. Especially given they were complete afterthoughts because they were too lazy to stick with special abilities.

Mobbing Jason would actually have consequences when you don't have 4 sprays, a pocket knife and thick skin in your back pocket. Same for tanking traps. Easy to do when you can still run or instant heal. What happens when you actually have to be strategic? Burn a knife or burn a medspray?

Take away the rage update for Jason, take away the perks for counselor. I'd like to see that version of the game. Also take away Sense toggle for Jason, since I feel that's half the reason late game composure and stealth mean absolutely nothing as stats.

We recently had a tournament kind of like that where the counselors and Jasons were all low levels. So no good perks. The only difference is that all exploits were allowed. The counselors still did really well. It's about the skill level. Not the perks. 7 good counselors would ruin Jason's world, perks or not.

Thick skinned for all the reasons mentioned. After that I'd choose medic. Third in line is the firecracker perk, which I have on most of my counselors in case Jason shows up right away and I haven't found anything to defend myself with.