Sign in to follow this  
FridayThe31st

Suggestion to Help Prevent Teaming

I know teaming is something that will probably always happen, and ultimately there’s really nothing you can do to actually stop it from happening. There’s always going to be idiots out there. 

Anyway, I was just thinking and this is something I came up with as a suggestion. If you guys agree with me great, if you don’t then you can tell me what you think. I just thought I should share it.

Teamers are frustrating no matter the situation, but I think one of the most annoying things teamers do is when they are driving the car - and you wouldn’t suspect the driver is a teamer or anything like that - and they let you in, then start driving. It starts to become noticeable with their driving if they’re teaming or not, because usually they’ll drive ever so slow and practically crash right into Jason. Then they stay in the car without starting the damn thing, and Jason completely ignores the driver and only comes around to grab the passenger. Now I’m aware of this and I’ll watch out for it. When I notice they’re teaming I stay the hell away from that car, or just let Jason chase me then quit right in front of him.  But I’ve had instances where there were 2 bunny Deborahs driving a 4 seater and they kept letting the Jason (which was a max level Savini Jason) grab me, then when Tommy came back they did the same thing to him. And another time when this person kept beeping at me to go into the car, and even when the Jason specifically grabbed me, she kept beeping thinking I’d fall for that crap. 

The thing I was thinking about is since the point of Jason grabbing anybody from the car is to prevent them from escaping. So why does it allow him to grab passengers first instead of the driver, who’s in the driver’s seat? I think they should make it so that (in public matches at least) whenever the car is started, that Jason can only grab the driver. If there’s no driver in the car or if the car is not started, then he can grab anybody. I just think it’s ridiculous  to see people teaming with the car, practically giving Jason all his kills with unsuspecting people. So that’s what I think, don’t know if you guys agree or what, but I definitely think when the car is up and running and there is a driver, the driver should be the only one Jason can grab. Once the driver is dead or gets out, and there are still people in the car, then he can grab them.

You stated the very loop hole that teamers would use in your scenario. You said that Jason should only be able to grab the driver unless there’s no driver or “the car is not started.”  The teamer driver would purposely crash into an obstacle to stop the car, and Jason has you. Or, they would just drive right at Jason and let him stop the car and come after you. 
Another thing I’ve seen teamers do with the car is, collect as many riders as they can (after the police is on scene) and drive to the opposite exit and crash the car. Jason is normally in the area. The counselors that Jason doesn’t get, gets plowed by the car as they try and make it to the police exit. 

3 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

You stated the very loop hole that teamers would use in your scenario. You said that Jason should only be able to grab the driver unless there’s no driver or “the car is not started.”  The teamer driver would purposely crash into an obstacle to stop the car, and Jason has you. Or, they would just drive right at Jason and let him stop the car and come after you. 
Another thing I’ve seen teamers do with the car is, collect as many riders as they can (after the police is on scene) and drive to the opposite exit and crash the car. Jason is normally in the area. The counselors that Jason doesn’t get, gets plowed by the car as they try and make it to the police exit. 

Maybe then he can only grab the driver if there is anybody in the driver’s seat period. 

But that’s true, even if Jason can’t grab you they’ll try to crash the car, then get out so that nobody is in the driver’s seat and then all the other passengers can get grabbed. When they try to get out of the car, Jason will go after them so the teamer could start the car and start running people over. 

But I still think if Jason could only grab the driver when there’s somebody in the driver’s seat would help with the purposely driving the passengers to Jason and allow them to get grabbed.

Just make it so that if you queue with your friends there's no way of one becoming Jason. Something like in DbD.

3 hours ago, FridayThe31st said:

But I still think if Jason could only grab the driver when there’s somebody in the driver’s seat would help with the purposely driving the passengers to Jason and allow them to get grabbed.

Setting up a magical Jason-blocking barricade on every door but the driver's is not going to help whatsoever even in the slightest. What do you suppose would happen if the driver pulls the car up against a cabin/rock/telephone pole/etc... that blocks Jason from pulling them out? Thanks to the magical Jason-blocking barricade, all 4 counselors in that car are now officially  immortal (unless they get out, which we both know isn't going to happen). Even if you go with the condition that the car has to be off for anyone besides the driver to get grabbed, all they have to do is park it somewhere like right beside the back stairs at Packanack and inch forward until the front of the car is too close to the wall for Jason to disable it. Just like that, the absolute maximum number of kills you can get in that round gets cut in half. No matter what you do or how much the lobby sucks, you will never get more than 4 kills (unless the four-seater doesn't spawn).

I understand your frustration, but the simple truth is that you will never stop people from teaming in one form or another, be it leading Jason to counselors, or just simply ignoring a specific person while killing the rest (there are two specific people that I will not kill if I'm Jason, and I'm not ashamed to admit that). Teamers stopped getting banned because people flooded the Devs with bullshit reports of teaming for literally anything whatsoever they didn't like.

Stopped the car but didn't grab the driver? Teaming

Broke a door down and didn't immediately grab the closest counselor? Teaming

Bypassed a limping counselor in favor of killing someone who isn't injured? Teaming

Slaughtered the entire lobby but allowed someone to escape? Teaming

Slaughtered the entire lobby and tried but failed to stop the final girl/guy from escaping? Teaming

Slaughtered the entire lobby, stopped the final girl/guy from escaping, but then got PK'ed? Teaming (Jason clearly could have Shift-stopped the car but he missed on purpose so his friend could get away!) 

Capsize a boat, drown one counselor, then suddenly teleport away? DEFINITELY Teaming (let's ignore the fact that counselors can't hear audio-cues and Jason may have very well just gotten one that was far more important that drowning someone in favor of blindly declaring the Jason to be teaming. "He didn't get a warning from Pamela, he just wanted to let his buddy escape!")

Shit like that ^^^  is why teamers and cheaters stopped getting banned.

@FridayThe31st, as you said, teaming will likely be a thing for all time. If you stop one method, they'll just team in some other way. The issues people have with teaming is why I am weary of getting near a car in Quick Play, unless a trusted comrade is behind the wheel.

@Cry, your suggestion is an interesting one. The only issue would be if there were 7 friends in a group, and the 8th was an outsider. The group of 7 could be a Jason kill squad, and the poor unfortunate 8th player would be their potential prey match after match.

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Bypassed a limping counselor in favor of killing someone who isn't injured? Teaming

Slaughtered the entire lobby and tried but failed to stop the final girl/guy from escaping? Teaming

Slaughtered the entire lobby, stopped the final girl/guy from escaping, but then got PK'ed? Teaming (Jason clearly could have Shift-stopped the car but he missed on purpose so his friend could get away!)

Capsize a boat, drown one counselor, then suddenly teleport away? DEFINITELY Teaming

Some of the scenarios you mentioned could be teaming in some cases, and not others. I agree with the boat situation though.

One that I would consider adding to your list would be if the same player dies last every single match, it could potentially be teaming.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fair Play said:

One that I would consider adding to your list would be if the same player dies last every single match, it could potentially be teaming.

Screw that, if I'm going to team I want an escape. Getting to be the last one killed is like McDonald's giving you a near fatal bout of food poisoning then sending you a coupon for a free small fry as an apology.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Screw that, if I'm going to team I want an escape. Getting to be the last one killed is like McDonald's giving you a near fatal bout of food poisoning then sending you a coupon for a free small fry as an apology.

Let's hope you never take up teaming.

Force counselor preference for anyone who isn't playing solo. Anyone who has a problem can f*ck off and play a private match. This should have been the fix from the start. Partied up players shouldn't even get the chance to get Jason. I get people can still team if they happen to run into a buddy in quickplay by chance, but disabling the ability to get Jason while being partied up would help significantly.

Sure some people play clean, but I would say out of 10, no, 100 matches with people who are partied up and get Jason, 98-99 times they team in one way or another. It is almost never a clean match. At the very least, they let their friend escape alone in the 4 seater which screws everyone else. At the very worst, they give Jason rage at the start of the match and lead him to other counselors.

Just leave playing as Jason to solo queuing players and this issue, not completely, but mostly dies out.

Honestly Pamela should just Nag Jason more when there's Teamers. Like the AFK lines trigger if Jason is in close proximity to a non-moving Counselor for a little while. Or you lose EXP for holding onto repair items for a very long time. It is in a Sense a Betrayal to hold onto keys and not take em to a Repaired Car. Or to simply Destroy a Car with other people in It.

On 11/2/2019 at 9:34 AM, FridayThe31st said:

The thing I was thinking about is since the point of Jason grabbing anybody from the car is to prevent them from escaping. So why does it allow him to grab passengers first instead of the driver, who’s in the driver’s seat? I think they should make it so that (in public matches at least) whenever the car is started, that Jason can only grab the driver.

You could just get out of the car before he grabs you..

Anyone who teams with Jason, usually means that current Jason player isn't that good.     No one who knows how to play would want help from counselors to kill counselors.

Games are 20 min max.  Just leave that lobby when its done or you die.

On 11/2/2019 at 7:23 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Lol...  That's basically me^ almost every time I play as Jason.

Wonder how many times I got reported.