One would hope we'd get something...but it doesn't look like anything is happening.

I'd be mildly surprised if ANY more patches are dropped, at this point.

Most likely one of the russian hackers will make his/her counselor nude skins made for public instead of self promoting with discord.

Beyond that. I'm not even sure a double xp is coming.

Tapes! If we're lucky (which we aren't) they will divulge some info on what could have been..

Edited by F134Ever86

Fuck the tapes and the double xp. 
lm sorry I know it’s probably important to some of you that aren’t capped but I hate how that is all this game can offer anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They could at least bring back the event where we had a better chance at rolling good perks. This type of event was only run once iirc and since they'll probably never rework the perk system, at least this would give us better odds at getting something good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am honestly not shocked at all that nothing is happening. We won't hear anything in regards to the game until near the end of the year when we get the patch update news. Then we wait for the patch in 2020

I don't need the double XP or tapes anymore, but when they run those events, at least the player count seems to increase a bit for the newer players that are trying to grind. Saves me from waiting forever for a lobby to fill up. I did notice it was half price on steam, so i guess that was their something...

3 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I did notice it was half price on steam, so i guess that was their something...

That was better than nothing.

4 hours ago, PackASnack_Lodge said:

I am honestly not shocked at all that nothing is happening. We won't hear anything in regards to the game until near the end of the year when we get the patch update news. Then we wait for the patch in 2020

If this was a Halloween game, we would have likely had some kind of special event going on right about now.

• Like 1

Lame.  This dev team needs to be fired.  Six months just to fix one glitch that didnt bring a single player back or entice a new player.  

I dont know how they collect a paycheck with a straight face.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

There is a Double XP CP tape drop going on right now.

Halloween till November 11th

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/27399-halloween-double-event/

Thanks for the heads up. Players who are still grinding to 150 will have a great time frame doing so this time around.

58 minutes ago, RaidCasto said:

Lame.  This dev team needs to be fired.  Six months just to fix one glitch that didnt bring a single player back or entice a new player.  

Players move on. It happens. As for newer players, some will stick around, while others won't.

As far as "enticing" players, the lawsuit puts a wrench in that plan. Newer content would have been a great incentive to boost the player base.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RaidCasto said:

Bethesda Devs are worse.Try playing  Fallout 76.If you think F13 has bugs that game has tons and now they want you to pay 100$ a year to play on exclusive servers.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The state the game is in right now is better than the one it will be in once the developers decide to shutdown the servers for multiplier I was talking to @Dragonfire82877 about this and he said all we will be able to play is offline mode in a long while.

Theres plenty to do within the confines of the lawsuit.

Rage, for example, did make some people curious enough to play again. 

A perk revamp.  Map updates(Pinehurst?).  Those are just some examples.  

These developers couldnt be bothered to turn on a higher chance of legendaries.  It takes them six months to fix one glitch-- and created 3 more in doing so.  Simply put, they dont deserve a paycheck.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, RaidCasto said:

Map updates(Pinehurst?).  

Simply put, they d9nt deserve a paycheck.

Care to explain how they could do updates to the maps while the lawsuit is still in effect?

Also, the comment about them not deserving a paycheck, I’m sure you could do such a better job, right?

Maybe I could, allow modded maps.  

You do realize they have modified the maps since the lawsuit?  They are not allowed to create NEW ASSETS.

Victor Miller is going to come suing because theres now a 2nd tractor at the Pinehurst barn.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RaidCasto said:

Maybe I could, allow modded maps.  

You do realize they have modified the maps since the lawsuit?  They are not allowed to create NEW ASSETS.

Victor Miller is going to come suing because theres now a 2nd tractor at the Pinehurst barn.

Map mods would only really benefit the PC players. We need something that benefits all of the platforms.

Raising the chance to get legendary perks during an increased XP event is not a bad thing. It gives players who don't already have their fill of those perks something to strive for during that window of time.

As far as who does or does not deserve a paycheck, No one here is qualified to make such an assessment.

If people are obsessing over how many tractors there are in Pinehurst (or any other map), they are playing this game for the wrong reason.

In the meantime, players should be enjoying the increased XP event while it's active. Spill that blood for mother, people. 😎

• Like 2

We can't allow mods in a game with a licensed IP, unless it were through a map editor and handled LONG ago where every potential map asset were approved by partners prior. To develop that now, and not be able to charge a dime for it to recover development costs is foolish and unrealistic.

We're working with a small dev team, with minimal incoming revenue stream to fund even what work we are doing already. To say we don't deserve paychecks because we're not doing enough is absurd. You do realize if we did what you are saying we couldn't be paid for it right? That sentence about items or in game features being "already commercially available by normal means" refers to nothing new being able to be sold. So what you're proposing, just for the sake of transparency and honesty is that we develop features and release them all for free on a 2 year old game at the risk of drawing heat from the partners who are arguing over the rights of the game currently? And do all of that with a team that is already working to untie some of the knots in the underlying code that they didn't originally write themselves. That's your take on a "Good Idea" for a game at this stage and a team of this size? That's a good business decision?

Right. We have the Environmental Kills issue the team is working away at and we're investigating some other things may take some time, as the team is going to ONLY approach these items similarly to how we approached the roof fix after the bad patch. Which is to go through with a fine tooth comb and make sure the entire system is gone over before release to the public.

As for the double event, it is really great that you may have reached 150 and got all the tapes already. But not everyone has. It's something fun we can do and we can be flexible with, so we thought it would make for a fun event. We recently launched on Switch, we have sales going on PS4 and PC, and we're free on Xbox. That's a lot of players who could use the 2XP and Tapes.

Perk drop rates and such are something we're looking into, but it's a tricky thing. We don't have IllFonic on hand for that and we want to take time to be cautious and know what we can and cannot do, rather than introduce an issue.

We'll have more info on where we are as we get closer to the new year.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 3

20 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

We can't allow mods in a game with a licensed IP, unless it were through a map editor and handled LONG ago where every potential map asset were approved by partners prior. To develop that now, and not be able to charge a dime for it to recover development costs is foolish and unrealistic.

We're working with a small dev team, with minimal incoming revenue stream to fund even what work we are doing already. To say we don't deserve paychecks because we're not doing enough is absurd. You do realize if we did what you are saying we couldn't be paid for it right? That sentence about items or in game features being "already commercially available by normal means" refers to nothing new being able to be sold. So what you're proposing, just for the sake of transparency and honesty is that we develop features and release them all for free on a 2 year old game at the risk of drawing heat from the partners who are arguing over the rights of the game currently? And do all of that with a team that is already working to untie some of the knots in the underlying code that they didn't originally write themselves. That's your take on a "Good Idea" for a game at this stage and a team of this size? That's a good business decision?

Right. We have the Environmental Kills issue the team is working away at and we're investigating some other things may take some time, as the team is going to ONLY approach these items similarly to how we approached the roof fix after the bad patch. Which is to go through with a fine tooth comb and make sure the entire system is gone over before release to the public.

As for the double event, it is really great that you may have reached 150 and got all the tapes already. But not everyone has. It's something fun we can do and we can be flexible with, so we thought it would make for a fun event. We recently launched on Switch, we have sales going on PS4 and PC, and we're free on Xbox. That's a lot of players who could use the 2XP and Tapes.

Perk drop rates and such are something we're looking into, but it's a tricky thing. We don't have IllFonic on hand for that and we want to take time to be cautious and know what we can and cannot do, rather than introduce an issue.

We'll have more info on where we are as we get closer to the new year.

Thanks Matt, I will wait for the next news of the patch.

Tip for next Friday, December 13, we could have an event like the last one again

1 hour ago, The Rain said:

Thanks Matt, I will wait for the next news of the patch.

Tip for next Friday, December 13, we could have an event like the last one again

Do you mean perks? Only if the team can get to the bottom of the perk investigation I described prior.