Anyone else experience this? Couldn't have been lag, was holding block long before the attack. Was not a mask removal hit either. Clear as day, in block and got stunned. Got a sweet stalk kill afterwards though.

• Like 1

Nice kill!

lol, I also have been stunned when I was in block before... it hasn’t happened recently but I am sure it is because of Latency....this doesn’t look like it on your side but I think that must be it as well.

There’s no way it was latency in this clip. I blocked one attack, knew the Vanessa player was about to attack so I stayed in block, but she still got the stun. 

• Sad 1

On 10/27/2019 at 6:25 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

Anyone else experience this? Couldn't have been lag, was holding block long before the attack. Was not a mask removal hit either. Clear as day, in block and got stunned. Got a sweet stalk kill afterwards though.

Nice. But a decap kill bro?

4 hours ago, NickersLarge said:

But a decap kill bro?

What's wrong with a decap kill? Being that it was in the hall way inside the cabin, if you go back and watch the clip, the first available kill to highlight was the head punch. I don't play the game to accumulate style points. If all kills are available, I normally use "the Pamela" which is another decap kill.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

What's wrong with a decap kill? Being that it was in the hall way inside the cabin, if you go back and watch the clip, the first available kill to highlight was the head punch. I don't play the game to accumulate style points. If all kills are available, I normally use "the Pamela" which is another decap kill.

1st off, I was just kidding yo, i get shit all the time when I use the equally Despised choke(asphyxiation) kill. Apparently you’re considered trash w no skill when you use those two kills, because they would know, they just got taken out by me  

B, I love the Pamela, I main jason9 w the machete. don’t you think it’d be badass if you could execute the splitters jarvis  and throat slit w the machete? My set up would be, Jason9 heavy blood, machete w choke, Pamela, Jarvis , and throat slit.  

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Yeah, decap kill is all I do now in hallways or small rooms. Its the only one that seems to never flake out and give the counselor another life. It does seem to make people saltly though, almost like they are hoping for you to use another and glitch out, so they can run away.. 

4 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Yeah, decap kill is all I do now in hallways or small rooms. Its the only one that seems to never flake out and give the counselor another life. It does seem to make people saltly though, almost like they are hoping for you to use another and glitch out, so they can run away.. 

No it’s fucking stupid. The only legitimate kill is I have pocket knife so you’re trash if you slash, you can grab Me but you better give me 4-5 seconds to get out of your grip. Like it’s disrespectful to slash or choke. Unlike the respectful way to play, taunting teabaging and gangbanging. 
I love this fucking game. 

You actually didn’t get into block fast enough. Next time immediately after hitting the door>block. It is an immediate block after hitting objects in CS. Except the damn counselors. 

in your video your arm was just starting to raise when you got stunned 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

in your video your arm was just starting to raise when you got stunned 

I can kinda see that in the first video, but what about the second clip? In the second clip I was in non-stop block. 

I can kinda see that in the first video, but what about the second clip? In the second clip I was in non-stop block. 

You weren’t blocking in that one either. You were in CS but never went into block as I didn’t see your arm raise up. There might be something wrong with your right bumper button?

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

You weren’t blocking in that one either. You were in CS but never went into block as I didn’t see your arm raise up. There might be something wrong with your right bumper button?

I went into block before Buggsy attacked and blocked his hit. I remained in block because I knew Vanessa was going to try and attack from behind. I was in block when I was stunned by Vanessa. 

I went into block before Buggsy attacked and blocked his hit. I remained in block because I knew Vanessa was going to try and attack from behind. I was in block when I was stunned by Vanessa. 

Never seen the arm raise 

If you press the input buttons too quickly then the block won’t register. You can tell it doesn’t register if Jasons arm doesn’t raise and on your abilities the buttons are shown like it was in the vid

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

If you press the input buttons too quickly then the block won’t register. You can tell it doesn’t register if Jasons arm doesn’t raise and on your abilities the buttons are shown like it was in the vid

Right but if you're already in block and you're firmly holding block button and still get stunned then the only logical explanation is some kind of connection issue.

P.S. sometimes Jason's abilities meter is glitched and never goes away when entering combat stance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Dragonfire82877

in that clip with Vanessa, you actually never blocked that hit from  Buggzy. You notice how when he hit you Jason bobbed back a bit? If you would’ve blocked that then Jason wouldn’t have moved at all. This is simply because you pressed the buttons too fast. It does that because of your ping.

@Somethin Cool

Sounds about right. Also when you get hit while blocking all you have to do is release RB or R1 and press and hold it again real fast. Sometimes Jasons arm will lower if he gets hit.

On 10/31/2019 at 2:32 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

There’s no way it was latency in this clip. I blocked one attack, knew the Vanessa player was about to attack so I stayed in block, but she still got the stun.

Just as @DontZzz34 pointed out - you're not actually blocking at all. Both vids show that you're going into combat stance and that is it. In the second vid all Jason did was resist the stun from Buggzy but not from Vanessa. The sound Buggzy's hit makes and how Jason eats it is also different when blocked.

I actually loaded Offline Bots to check before posting and there is a clear distinction between Jason blocking and him just being in CS. Jason drops his weapon hand slightly, his left hand goes across his chest and he lowers his head a bit to brace for impact. Your Jason does not do this in either vid. I also did a few RS, R1 combination presses and it seems that you're pressing R1 too quickly. Like @Seraphic King said, if you press R1/RB too quick when entering CS the Block won't register and can instead trigger your abilities for selection. Delay the R1 press after pressing the RS ever so slightly and you'll block just fine.

Lastly, it is possible for Jason to still be stunned and/or demasked while blocking. This is especially true for Part 2, 5 and 6 as they have -Defense giving them a lower Block chance.

Edit: I've read on another thread that -Defense is a broken stat. I've not tested it personally and, as such, only going by the 'Weaknesses' description in-game.

Edited by F13 Seppuku Squad
Statement uncertainty.

On 11/2/2019 at 8:02 PM, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Edit: I've read on another thread that -Defense is a broken stat. I've not tested it personally and as such only going by the 'Weakness' description in-game.

-defense just means less hitpoints. All -defense Jason's have 85 hitpoints. Just like J9 except his stat is literally -hitpoints. Other than that there's no detectible difference between base defense and -defense Jason's.

22 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

-defense just means less hitpoints. All -defense Jason's have 85 hitpoints. Just like J9 except his stat is literally -hitpoints. Other than that there's no detectible difference between base defense and -defense Jason's.

Yeah, I read the following from the "Stalk is broken- FIX IT!!!!" thread...

On 9/22/2019 at 3:16 PM, Tommy86 said:

Stun resistance doesn’t exist. It is technically a fake stat just like “block chance” is a fake stat on minus Def / Less HP (exactly the same) which is simply 85 health vs the base 100. I personally confirmed it with an Illfonic dev a long time ago.

I know he said that he "personally confirmed it with an IllFonic dev," but could this have been rectified/patched since being confirmed a long time ago? Is there a link to any publicised information or testing with results that confirm this is actually a thing? Even though many of us Jason mains block (or should block) regularly, Block chance is not something we really pay attention to, I guess.

12 hours ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

I know he said that he "personally confirmed it with an IllFonic dev," but could this have been rectified/patched since being confirmed a long time ago? Is there a link to any publicised information or testing with results that confirm this is actually a thing? Even though many of us Jason mains block (or should block) regularly, Block chance is not something we really pay attention to, I guess.

Trust us. There are still those of us who go through all this stuff after every update. "No quick block" is an off host thing. It's actually a delay entering and exiting combat stance and not a problem with block itself. But player technique, as well as ping and ping spikes, are why block doesn't always register or hold. It doesn't matter which Jason you use either. None of the tournament Jason's have any problems with on host block.

On 10/27/2019 at 6:25 AM, Dragonfire82877 said:

I hope its not broken and that its a fluke....

On 11/6/2019 at 3:53 AM, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

No it was never rectified / patched. It was a “feature” that was intended to be in the game but never made it in, yet remained in the menu screens. Before I even confirmed it with the head of Illfonic QA, I tested it extensively and it is still the very same to this day. Feel free to test for yourself. Here is a video from 2018 showing all the proof anyone would need - 10 Luck breaking almost all weapons in the match vs a -Def / lower block chance. Not once does a weapon break the block. It is simply a fake stat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Tommy86 said:

No it was never rectified / patched. It was a “feature” that was intended to be in the game but never made it in, yet remained in the menu screens. Before I even confirmed it with the head of Illfonic QA, I tested it extensively and it is still the very same to this day. Feel free to test for yourself. Here is a video from 2018 showing all the proof anyone would need - 10 Luck breaking almost all weapons in the match vs a -Def / lower block chance. Not once does a weapon break the block. It is simply a fake stat.

The whole fake stat thing really irks me.

You would think things like Stun Resistance would make a huge difference in gameplay and help balance out Part 3, Roy, Part 9, etc instead they offer nothing. Part 9 gets absolutely nothing having it as a strength. Those with it as a weakness don't suffer anything backbreaking.

But the cases can be made for the counselors too and other stats that basically come off inconsistent/irrelevant.

4 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

The whole fake stat thing really irks me.

You would think things like Stun Resistance would make a huge difference in gameplay and help balance out Part 3, Roy, Part 9, etc instead they offer nothing. Part 9 gets absolutely nothing having it as a strength. Those with it as a weakness don't suffer anything backbreaking.

But the cases can be made for the counselors too and other stats that basically come off inconsistent/irrelevant.

I honestly don't know how stun resistance could be labeled as a "good thing" in the first place, considering hits that don't stun do more damage. I'm honestly glad this one is a fake stat.