Sign in to follow this  
Laotian Lam

Tips for Counselors now that the game is Free

- Give every counselor you have the Thick Skin perk.  Noobs will place traps in the most ridiculous of places.

- Even if a cabin looks like it has been cleared, search it anyhow.  You will often find goodies that the noobs didn't see.

- If you can't find the car key or fuse, it is probably in a noob's pocket while they are hiding in a tent or closet.  Place a trap in front of it and hope they come out eventually and die. lol

- Open every window of every cabin before a noob jumps through it and  breaks the window.

- Don't bother getting the sweater.  Tommy is more likely to escape as soon as he enters the game than he is to help you kill Jason.

- Don't be afraid to use noisy counselors.  Noob Jason probably won't notice the noise and can be easily run away from anyhow.

- Be prepared to be sold out to Jason.  Think twice about picking up the walkie.

Feel free to add to the list. lol

42 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

- Give every counselor you have the Thick Skin perk.  Noobs will place traps in the most ridiculous of places.

I get the "noobs" put them in different places, but if you step in it, it worked, no matter how ridiculous the place is.

41 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

I get the "noobs" put them in different places, but if you step in it, it worked, no matter how ridiculous the place is.

I was referring to noob counselors placing traps in dumb places and wounding other counselors. (Middle of a cabin, behind an unlocked door etc)

2 hours ago, shady said:

lol you didnt give any tips for new players when facing veteran jasons though

There are no noob counselor tips for facing veteran Jason's. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

At the beginning of the match, if you see someone in a cabin, they re collecting shit survive. DO NOT GO INSIDE AND LOOK IN DRAWERS LIKE WE’RE ACTUALLY TEAMMATES. THE FIRST 3-5 minutes, Everyman for them self. FIND YOUR OWN CABIN AND DONT TOUCH THE FUCKING FUSE UNLESS YOU DROP IT RIGHT AWAY

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

- Even if a cabin looks like it has been cleared, search it anyhow.  You will often find goodies that the noobs didn't see.

Sometimes things are missed, while other times things are left behind because someone didn't want it or already has it.

- If you can't find the car key or fuse, it is probably in a noob's pocket while they are hiding in a tent or closet.  Place a trap in front of it and hope they come out eventually and die. lol

That's a waste of a trap. People who insist on hiding for the entire match aren't coming out of there for anything.

- Open every window of every cabin before a noob jumps through it and  breaks the window.

I agree with this one, even though Jason could smash the windows.

- Don't bother getting the sweater.  Tommy is more likely to escape as soon as he enters the game than he is to help you kill Jason.

The sweater is not completely useless if Tommy leaves the scene. It's still a stun item.

9 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

I was referring to noob counselors placing traps in dumb places and wounding other counselors. (Middle of a cabin, behind an unlocked door etc)

One should always watch where they are running.

4 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

The only tip for that is, accept your death with dignity rather than rage quitting.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

One should always watch where they are running.

The only tip for that is, accept your death with dignity rather than rage quitting.

Dude you missed the point of the post lol

11 hours ago, NickersLarge said:

At the beginning of the match, if you see someone in a cabin, they re collecting shit survive. DO NOT GO INSIDE AND LOOK IN DRAWERS LIKE WE’RE ACTUALLY TEAMMATES. THE FIRST 3-5 minutes, Everyman for them self. FIND YOUR OWN CABIN AND DONT TOUCH THE FUCKING FUSE UNLESS YOU DROP IT RIGHT AWAY

That drives me CRAZY !

19 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Actually, I take it back, there are a couple of tips for noobs vs veterans:

*Limit the size of your group. 2-3 is sufficient. Crowding in one cabin with the entire lobby does nothing but make Jason's job really easy.

*Learn to "Quick-shoot" when using the shotgun/flaregun. Trying to COD aim is.fine if Jason doesn't know you're doing it, but if he does he's probably going to Shift-dodge it and ruin your day.

*Give the keys to someone else if you're inexperienced at driving the car. Veteran Jason > noob driver.

*Jason cannot be melee stunned after Rage (except if it breaks his mask) nor can he be stunned.with firecrackers. If you try it anyway, you will get violated like a parking meter.

*Turn off your flashlight if you decide to try and sneak up on Jason when he's breaking down a door.

*Hiding behind a car does not make you invisible.

*Bear-trap are equal opportunity weapons.

*If you want to be a mechanic, play with repair counselors. Jason WILL hear you fucking up the skill-checks, and eventually he's going to show up.

EDIT:

For noob Jason's vs veteran counselors:

*TRAP YOUR SHACK

*Don't grab counselors if they're clustered together. Don't grab counselors at the police exit either, they're just going to pocket-knife you and run away.

*Check your map often to be sure vehicles aren't moving.

*Ignore counselors that are dancing/clicking their flashlight to get your attention, they're morons.

*Unless it's the last counselor alive, destroying every single hiding spot you come across is a waste of time. Ditto for chasing the same counselor for 10+ minutes.

*If you don't trap objectives, you have no right complaining about escapes.

*Pamela's alert is loud and distinctive for a reason. Don't ignore it.

LOL, I hate when somebody places a trap behind an unlocked door. I’ve had it happen in lobbies without newbies too. It pisses me off because I have to waste my health spray/one of my health sprays. And I also find it straight up hilarious when I see a trap in the corner it spawned in set. I mean, it’s all about the XP huh. 😂 Yeah, I realize they set the trap because they’re probably not sure what exactly it does and how to pick it up and drop it.

Another thing that pisses me off is when I’m by the fuse house and I’m searching all over for the fuse, then halfway through the match I see it all the way across the damn map because some person picked it up and then decided to go on a hike all the way across the map and then died with it on them. I mean, come on. 

About the repairing things - I’m not a newbie, I’m level 150 and by now I’m more of a veteran counselor, but since there are so many newbies currently playing, every round I play as Tiffany and if I find the phone box fuse, I repair it only because all the other counselors don’t know what the hell they’re doing. 100% of the time if its a newbie Jason (since I’ll only repair it if I know it’s a newbie Jason) they won’t notice the cops have been called. 

Another thing is that newbie Jason’s tend to tunnel one counselor the entire game and then when they finally realize other people are escaping and shit then they rage quit. Rage quitting is common for newbies actually, twice I was in a match with another high level person and the 2 times we killed Jason the Jason rage quit. 

About grabbing the sweater -  I still grab the sweater even though I know Tommy is always just gonna dip as soon as he spawns in. It’s pretty hilarious to me. One time they left me behind with the four seater, I was the only one left and I was armed with a shotgun, the sweater, and a pocket knife. Jason wasn’t able to grab me not one time and I was able to run out the time and survive the night. The sweater serves as a really good stun method almost as good as the shotgun. Since most newbie Jason’s won’t realize what it means when they hear Pamela saying that they’ve come for her, grabbing the sweater serves for more good than harm…unless the Jason knows what he’s doing of course. In that case grabbing the sweater before Tommy comes back (a Tommy that actually knows what he’s doing that is)  is one of the most stupid ideas because then Jason will tunnel you the entire game until you’re the first one dead so that if Tommy comes back there’s no more sweater. 

Anyway, all the tips are good and they should help people out. 👍

The best tip one can give new counselors is to be open to advice from players who have played longer than the newcomer has.

Another good tip is for players to not assume that every single person plays the same way they do.

@HaHaTrumpWon, good suggestions on both sides of game play.

@FridayThe31st, I've seen traps placed in some pretty strange places. That's why I look before I leap so to speak.

As far as counselors not knowing what they are doing, they can learn, eventually. We were all new once.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Counselors:

*If you don't want to repair or run parts, that's fine, but if you come upon a repair item, at least pick it up and drop it so the ones who ARE repair counselors will know it's there.

*If you've got a surplus of med sprays, firecrackers, etc... drop them on the floor instead of in a drawer. This saves time if somebody comes along with Jason right on their ass that needs the items, but doesn't have time to open drawers.

*Debbie and LaChappa have 2-3 repair zones during skill-checks, Buggzy/Tiff/Vanessa have 6 or more. If you have a repair part (especially a distinctive one like the fuse or propeller) give it to someone else if possible, they're less likely to fuck up and draw Jason's attention.

*Ring-around-the-rosie is for no-skill pussies, go find some actual tactics. Also, standing behind the couch while Jason's in front of it is NOT a safe space. Jason can still grab you despite the distance, so keep that in mind before you do something that ends of making you look really stupid (like dancing, only to get grabbed mid-dance and choked like a bitch).

*Before starting a repair, take a second to flash the ground to be sure you're not about to step in a bear-trap.

*Unless your counselor has high luck, you DO NOT have enough time to start the car and drive off if Jason grabs you and gets PK'ed. 

*Glitches are for bitches, play fairly or piss off. Glitching somewhere out of Jason's reach doesn't make you a pro, it makes you a tool.

Jason:

*Dropping 3 traps outside of windows to catch one counselor is a huge waste of traps (unless the counselor has your sweater. On that note....)

*Don't stop chasing Sweater-Girl until she is dead. Ignore everything and everybody else, she is priority #1. If you break off pursuit to go stop someone from starting a car, you deserve to get killed.

*If possible, activate Stalk before you respond to traps and audio-cues. A counselor installing a battery is less likely to run after failing a skill-check if you do.

*If you're breaking down a door and notice a counselor is aiming at you in preparation of shooting you when the door comes down, try this instead of just standing there and getting shot: