GamingNerd93

Things that would stop Teaming

I know the Devs aren't doing anything about this right now and not banning people. So knowing that it's a huge problem for some. But what would it really take to stop people from Teaming on this game? 

There's nothing you can do. Toxic people will be toxic.  Getting the reactions from the people they're being toxic against is what they want. Doesn't matter if you quit, or just voice your displeasure, in their minds, they've won.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

There's nothing you can do. Toxic people will be toxic.  Getting the reactions from the people they're being toxic against is what they want. Doesn't matter if you quit, or just voice your displeasure, in their minds, they've won.

That's it in a nutshell . It will never end , its called being human and a dick . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@Dragonfire82877 it's so trashy that they get away with this. I can see why veteran players stopped playing the game, because of cheaters. 

I may be in the minority, but I'm less annoyed by Jason teamers than I am with counselor groups who use party chat to team up against Jason.

I consider both cheating, but I have to put up with the latter more than the former.

20 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I may be in the minority, but I'm less annoyed by Jason teamers than I am with counselor groups who use party chat to team up against Jason.

I consider both cheating, but I have to put up with the latter more than the former.

I'd rather party chat as you can still kill them , but to use a stealth counselor with stealth perks to have idiots give up your location to Jason is a bit much . With that said if i know a party chat group is playing they are the first i kill on spite . 

32 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

@gtdjlocker311me to

11 minutes ago, bryanp3692 said:

I'd rather party chat as you can still kill them , but to use a stealth counselor with stealth perks to have idiots give up your location to Jason is a bit much . With that said if i know a party chat group is playing they are the first i kill on spite . 

@bryanp3692 indicating that the mic isn't white if they're not talking in game chat, maybe in party chat, looking at profile and at join party( will show who's in it) or have no mic.

1 hour ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

counselor groups who use party chat to team up against Jason is cheating? So because I would rather talk to a friend or 2 instead of kids or some obnoxious people... Not saying everyone on the mic is, but honestly the majority of people I hear on there... I really don't want to talk to and yes there is a mute function, but on PC it doesn't work half of the time.  I don't troll or purposely go out of my way to grief other counselors.  Typically I will try to help, unless doors are open everywhere or they're bad teammates.

The counselors objective is to escape, survive or defeat Jason.  Most of the time I don't even use a mic, but could care less if some people are in party chat or discord together, as long as they're not TKing everyone, hacking or teaming with Jason.

8 minutes ago, hab007GE said:

counselor groups who use party chat to team up against Jason is cheating? So because I would rather talk to a friend or 2 instead of kids or some obnoxious people... Not saying everyone on the mic is, but honestly the majority of people I hear on there... I really don't want to talk to and yes there is a mute function, but on PC it doesn't work half of the time.  I don't troll or purposely go out of my way to grief other counselors.  Typically I will try to help, unless doors are open everywhere or they're bad teammates.

The counselors objective is to escape, survive or defeat Jason.  Most of the time I don't even use a mic, but could care less if some people are in party chat or discord together, as long as they're not TKing everyone, hacking or teaming with Jason.

I consider it cheating because it circumvents the in-game methods of communication, and all the limits therein.  You have immediate access to chat with everyone in your party instead of having to find a walkie-talkie (or use the perk to have it immediately).  You also continue to be able to communicate once you're dead or escaped.

Without the party chat feature, Jason kill squads would be less effective.  As they are the most common annoyance in this game, I consider them worse than Jason teaming (which really doesn't seem to happen all that much in games I play).

one way to look at it is like this: its a new game mode that you play at random & against your own will. sometimes, it may be too late before you realize theres an evil car driving around, but thats why you have to be cautious when a car is out on the creep & not heading for an exit.. if you can survive against an evil car & jason, its awesome. its a great challenge. it does not matter if you win or lose because youre playing against people who cant be killed by jason. they can talk all the shit they want, it means not a damn thing. your only choice is to exit the game & find a lobby more suitable to your enjoyment, or you can try to take them on against all odds. the one thing you can not do is let it ruin your good time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I consider it cheating because it circumvents the in-game methods of communication, and all the limits therein.  You have immediate access to chat with everyone in your party instead of having to find a walkie-talkie (or use the perk to have it immediately).  You also continue to be able to communicate once you're dead or escaped.

Without the party chat feature, Jason kill squads would be less effective.  As they are the most common annoyance in this game, I consider them worse than Jason teaming (which really doesn't seem to happen all that much in games I play).

No way. Jason teamers are the worst thing in this game. It absolutely sickens me when people walk right by Jason on his side coming after counselors with him like his little puppy dog. It makes me fucking cringe every time I see it. It disgusts me that people think Jason needs little bitch helpers. 

to say that party communication of people who are playing the game properly is worse than people teaming? Who are all sabotaging the kill, trapping windows, body blocking, running people over, etc...  Seriously? 

6 hours ago, GamingNerd93 said:

it's so trashy that they get away with this. I can see why veteran players stopped playing the game, because of cheaters. 

Veteran players stopped playing this game for more reasons than just this one.

5 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I agree. If you want to keep playing this game, sometimes you have to deal with nonsense like this. The key is not to let it ruin your fun.

4 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

Sadly, the future of gaming is likely to be all about players trying to circumvent the natural intentions within a game. If one can circumvent things, there's a strong chance that someone will.

2 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

one way to look at it is like this: its a new game mode that you play at random & against your own will. sometimes, it may be too late before you realize theres an evil car driving around, but thats why you have to be cautious when a car is out on the creep & not heading for an exit.. if you can survive against an evil car & jason, its awesome. its a great challenge. it does not matter if you win or lose because youre playing against people who cant be killed by jason. they can talk all the shit they want, it means not a damn thing. your only choice is to exit the game & find a lobby more suitable to your enjoyment, or you can try to take them on against all odds. the one thing you can not do is let it ruin your good time.

Observant players will quickly take notice of things like this. I personally go into matches now with the worst case scenario in mind.

• Like 2

I have rarely come across teaming on Steam.I did have a person offer me help once but I killed him first.LOL Party chat kill squads I agree are more an issue at least on PC/Steam in my experience. One in particular is very condescending over their mics, call you all kind of names and if you get the upper hand on them they start claiming you are cheating or hacking some how like they said I was morphing too fast with part 5 once. Like they are sitting there with a stop watch timing you between ability uses. They take the game WAYYYYY too serious.

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I have rarely come across teaming on Steam.I did have a person offer me help once but I killed him first.LOL Party chat kill squads I agree are more an issue at least on PC/Steam in my experience. One in particular is very condescending over their mics, call you all kind of names and if you get the upper hand on them they start claiming you are cheating or hacking some how like they said I was morphing too fast with part 5 once. Like they are sitting there with a stop watch timing you between ability uses. They take the game WAYYYYY too serious.

Sounds like sore losers. People don't like to lose.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

No way. Jason teamers are the worst thing in this game. It absolutely sickens me when people walk right by Jason on his side coming after counselors with him like his little puppy dog. It makes me fucking cringe every time I see it. It disgusts me that people think Jason needs little bitch helpers. 

to say that party communication of people who are playing the game properly is worse than people teaming? Who are all sabotaging the kill, trapping windows, body blocking, running people over, etc...  Seriously? 

I'm not arguing over which one is WORSE from a moral standpoint.

I'm saying the counselor party is much more common and thus more of an annoyance to me personally.  And by the way, they are not playing "properly." Again, they are communicating outside the confines of the game, a game which was designed to limit communication to create fear and limit teamwork.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, martindd45 said:

hey now ive seen alot of veteran  150 players team with jason so it aint just the new people

Most of my game "problems" are caused by 150s .....So i agree .

22 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I wouldn’t say it’s cheating but it’s pretty lame. Regardless, I fucking love that shit. It’s great practice for combat, knives, stalk shift grabs, whatever.

3 hours ago, martindd45 said:

hey now ive seen alot of veteran  150 players team with jason so it aint just the new people

Wow I never see that

1 hour ago, NickersLarge said:

Really? I definitely want to have a mic when I see teaming. 

I prefer to remain silent and anonymous, especially if there's teaming. I will just finish the match, collect my points, and leave the lobby. Every so often I will get an inbox message. If it's a teaming with Jason message I will ignore it. If it's someone trying to reach out to work together to escape or kill jason, then it's game on.  At that point we usually don't have to message further because by then we are on the same page. I like the game play better that way because for me it recreates the atmosphere of actually being trapped with Jason and overcoming obstacles to escape. Or I will die. But  that's kinda the spirit of the game to me.  Cheers and game on, my friends 

Fair enough bro. I did the in game messages for a while still do actually. Yes it’s definitely scarier wo instant communication. I Definitely think it’s flawed in that you can see were the other counselors are on the map. I’d love for that to be  taken away for a trial run. Maps ok but in reality it shouldn’t show where people are or where someone else saw a gas can. 

That's a really good point. Besides, how many times have we seen in the movies where Jason knowingly  wades into a  bunch of armed people to do battle? Jason goes to hell is the obvious exception since there's no SWAT team in the game? So most of the protagonists usually take him on alone or in pairs