Sign in to follow this  
i-cold

A new crowdfunding for new content after finish Victor Miller process

I would help and you?? I stopped playing the game for a long time due to the lack of new content (mainly maps). No one here is talking about millions of dollars like before, but a much lower amount to get everything from movies to the game.

For sure! Even more so if they reward players who help the game back with Jason Savini. Many players would help just to have this Jason.

@i-cold, to figure out how much money would be needed, you have to make a list of what's missing content wise from the game.

You have maps for the remaining movies that haven't had a map yet (minus the movies for which the rights haven't been secured).

That would be a map for Parts 6, 7, 8, 9 and maybe a custom map for Savini Jason.

You have kill packs for each Jason that doesn't already have one. That would be a kill pack for Parts 3, 5, 6, 8, 9 and Savini Jason.

If you want anything else added in the way of new content, then the price tag is gonna keep going up.

These things alone might not cost millions, but I'm sure it's still gonna be a decent amount.

It's all hypothetical, given that the lawsuit hasn't fully resolved yet.

@Youthanasia, it's been said by the developers many times that Savini Jason will not be made available ever again. While many people would be happy to donate to keep this game going with new content, the lawsuit prevents that.

• Like 2

@i-cold

@Youthanasia

Unfortunately it looks like there will be no end to the lawsuit both parties aren’t willing to work together to bring it to an end.

Victor wants his due and Sean Cunningham is unwilling to pay him for the characters or the Franchise name.

Gun Media cannot wait for the lawsuit to End to continue to develop content for the game..... nor can they continue to work on items that may never see the light of day.

What we have in the game now will be All that we will ever have in this game....

I know that sucks to hear but the game is still fun to play and what is in the game is still awesome.

This whole idea will never happen.

1) The lawsuit is going to go on for a few more years

2) Gun have stated they will not be doing anything with this game outside of "fixes and balance" which as we have learned recently is going to be sparce

I understand the want for more content as the game definitely needs it but as far as even thinking that if they entertained the idea of raising money to help with more content if they were able to, i am sure a large portion of the community of this game especially people who backed it who have left due to all the issues and so forth would more than likely not even entertain the idea of giving more money towards the game.

• Like 1

@OCT 31 1978, it's a shame they can't put aside their differences and come to an agreement and get the ball rolling on new merchandise / projects.

@PackASnack_Lodge, I agree that people can only turn the other cheek so many times. I can understand why some people would be cautious about contributing or investing again.

• Like 2

the only thing you can really hope for is a new game under new developers. I think what will happen once Jason is allowed to be used is that we will get a new reboot and as far as the game side goes, he'll only appear as a guest character until probably five years from now. Then maybe they'll tackle a new game. By then we'd be on like the PS6 or something and I honestly don't know if I'd even care anymore 

On 10/23/2019 at 12:37 AM, deathbat96777 said:

the only thing you can really hope for is a new game under new developers. I think what will happen once Jason is allowed to be used is that we will get a new reboot and as far as the game side goes, he'll only appear as a guest character until probably five years from now. Then maybe they'll tackle a new game. By then we'd be on like the PS6 or something and I honestly don't know if I'd even care anymore 

Once the lawsuit is resolved, and the rights are sorted out, anything's possible.

I'd like to believe that a new F13 game would come out eventually, even if it is years down the road. There are a lot of decent companies that could do a franchise like this justice if given the chance. Having Jason make cameo appearances in other games wouldn't be a bad thing either.

• Like 2

Postal 2 had dlc released over a decade later. i like the way the game works, i think it would be viable yes the smaller crownfunding for new content.

No point, the hype for the game passed long a go, not to mention the average result I doubt it would work twice

When the lawsuit is eventually settled, you could approach gun with $10 million cash and they still wouldn't do it. Give it a rest

You're right but I'm not holding my breathe @Fair Play

Edited by F134Ever86

On 10/20/2019 at 6:54 PM, i-cold said:

I would help and you?? I stopped playing the game for a long time due to the lack of new content (mainly maps). No one here is talking about millions of dollars like before, but a much lower amount to get everything from movies to the game.

i would help if they  nutured jason an made him more like the movies an removed the fake stamina an gave us real stamina an bionics an cell phones and time travel machines an  an make it so every body can call the army an swat teams to kill jason and remove the savini crap forever an ban all ppl that use turbo controllers

14 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

When the lawsuit is eventually settled, you could approach gun with $10 million cash and they still wouldn't do it. Give it a rest.

Once the lawsuit is sorted out, another company may take a crack at making an F13 game from scratch. It could be many years from now, but anything's possible.

7 hours ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

i would help if they  nutured jason an made him more like the movies an removed the fake stamina an gave us real stamina an bionics an cell phones and time travel machines an  an make it so every body can call the army an swat teams to kill jason and remove the savini crap forever an ban all ppl that use turbo controllers

At this point, fixing the major bugs and maybe an adjustment here and there to balance might be all you get for this game.

If and when another F13 game is released in the distant future, that will be your chance to see all the stuff from the movies that was not put in this game.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

I guess you will never help then?

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2019 at 2:04 AM, F134Ever86 said:

You're right but I'm not holding my breathe @Fair Play

A lot of people feel the same way. There are just as many people who are holding out hope.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the distant future.

• Like 2