FridayThe31st

Don’t Pick Up Firecrackers & A Pocket Knife

Don’t ever pick up firecrackers when you have a pocket knife. I’m not sure if it’s when they’re directly next to the pocket knife, but many times I’ve noticed that the pocket knife I had just flat out disappeared. As a result I wasn’t sure if I was remembering right - maybe I hadn’t even picked up the pocket knife (even though I was sure I did). Just recently however I set firecrackers (even though I had a gut feeling to just drop them) and just like that the pocket knife that I had vanished before my eyes. Is this something that happens all the time, or is it just a glitch that sometimes happens maybe when the firecrackers are directly next to the pocket knife?

Anyway, whenever I see firecrackers when I have pocket knives I don’t pick it up. Nope.

• Thanks 1

Had this happen to me. Searched everywhere that I used the fire crackers as I thought I must’ve dropped the knife by accident. 

Watched the video back and the knife vanishes from my inventory as firecrackers are used. 

4 hours ago, Top_Cat said:

Had this happen to me. Searched everywhere that I used the fire crackers as I thought I must’ve dropped the knife by accident. 

Watched the video back and the knife vanishes from my inventory as firecrackers are used. 

Yup, it really is something that needs to be fixed. Even though it’s definitely possible to survive without a pocket knife, it’s also cheap that when you finally do find a pocket knife that it disappears and you end up dying off of that lol. Luckily firecrackers aren’t even that useful anyway. Even though they have saved my life once, after rage they become useless. 

I've had this happen a few times to me as well. Someone in another thread mentioned that they use a "buffer" between the knife and firecrackers and it prevents the knife form disappearing. I've tried it a few times and it has worked for me, so maybe it will help you out. Whenever you have a knife and firecrackers, grab a health spray or another inventory item. Drop them all and pick them up where the med spay or whatever item you select will be in the middle slot of your inventory.

• Thanks 1

Haven't experienced this one yet.

I haven't played much lately though, so I suppose that helps me from experiencing this beauty.

If the team is still around. Maybe early 2021 we can expect a fix. First we'll get the update about the update late 2020 first.

I experienced it once a few weeks ago but I've been carrying firecrackers+knife since then and it hasn't happened again. Seems very random to me. And I know for a fact I had a pocket knife because I picked it up right before I had to use the firecrackers.

I had this happen to me in a league match of all things. Was running with Tommy, threw my firecracker, had the sweater, all seemed fine.... Then J grabs me and I was like "wtf, where in the name of Zeus´s butthole is my PK damnit!". Tommy wasn´t close enough to save me so death was inevitable.

39 minutes ago, lasse_hei said:

I had this happen to me in a league match of all things. Was running with Tommy, threw my firecracker, had the sweater, all seemed fine.... Then J grabs me and I was like "wtf, where in the name of Zeus´s butthole is my PK damnit!". Tommy wasn´t close enough to save me so death was inevitable.

Out of curiosity what's a "league match"?

48 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

Out of curiosity what's a "league match"?

F13 tournaments / leagues. They are mostly found on facebook (played on PS4, Xbone..). Usually up to 10-14 teams. Round robins and playoffs. Every team has a roster  of a J and Counselors. J plays opposing teams counselors and vice versa. Both J and Counselors have a point system, that make up the winner of each round. Mostly these tournaments have a no glitch -policy, that results in forfeit or point deduction. A few other people from these forums play these tourney´s.

Btw. If you´ve never been killed as J... take part in these tourneys as Jason, and good luck in keepng that record... :)

2 hours ago, lasse_hei said:

F13 tournaments / leagues. They are mostly found on facebook (played on PS4, Xbone..). Usually up to 10-14 teams. Round robins and playoffs. Every team has a roster  of a J and Counselors. J plays opposing teams counselors and vice versa. Both J and Counselors have a point system, that make up the winner of each round. Mostly these tournaments have a no glitch -policy, that results in forfeit or point deduction. A few other people from these forums play these tourney´s.

Btw. If you´ve never been killed as J... take part in these tourneys as Jason, and good luck in keepng that record... :)

I do okay as Jason. But I've been killed lol. Took awhile, but it's happened a few times. 

Im glad i saw this post.  I had no idea why my knife would just disappear.  Now that i know why it happens ill just drop firecrackers.  They arent worth risking your pocket knife over.

On 10/25/2019 at 12:28 PM, Laotian Lam said:

Im glad i saw this post.  I had no idea why my knife would just disappear.  Now that i know why it happens ill just drop firecrackers.  They arent worth risking your pocket knife over.

Yup, now whenever I have a pocket knife and I see firecrackers in a drawer, I’m just like nope. It’s strange, whenever I have a pocket knife on me I always seem to keep finding so many firecrackers! When I first found out about this glitch that seems to happen when a pocket knife and firecrackers are together, whenever I’d even open a drawer and see firecrackers in it I’d close that and then drop my pocket knife then pick it up again just to be sure it wouldn’t disappear on me.

On 10/20/2019 at 3:53 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

Someone in another thread mentioned that they use a "buffer" between the knife and firecrackers and it prevents the knife form disappearing. I've tried it a few times and it has worked for me, so maybe it will help you out.

Glad I saw this post as I was already wondering, where all my PK went recently. I then tried to use the buffer trick with a health spray and car keys, but they never worked as a Solution: as soon as firecrackers were used, the PK vanished. too bad, but now I have at least one more perk slot free as used to start with them. Hope this one will get fixed.

17 hours ago, Wolledc said:

Glad I saw this post as I was already wondering, where all my PK went recently. I then tried to use the buffer trick with a health spray and car keys, but they never worked as a Solution: as soon as firecrackers were used, the PK vanished. too bad, but now I have at least one more perk slot free as used to start with them. Hope this one will get fixed.

Yea, I originally thought the "item buffer" would work, but I've also had my PK disappear.  Now I just drop my PK temporarily to use firework.  Obviously has it drawbacks, so it does require good awareness, timing, and making sure no one else is around to grab your PK.

Ive yet to experience this, so is it just at random? i been doing the knife/spray/cracker line up as a buffer too since i heard about this bug. 

37 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Ive yet to experience this, so is it just at random? i been doing the knife/spray/cracker line up as a buffer too since i heard about this bug. 

I HAVE experienced this bug, but not after doing the buffer.  I usually drop all items and then pick them back up (pk, spray/anything else, firecrackers) and haven't had problems since.  Maybe that's the trick, drop and pick back up, if anyone doing the buffer is having their pk vanish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RustInPeace said:

I HAVE experienced this bug, but not after doing the buffer.  I usually drop all items and then pick them back up (pk, spray/anything else, firecrackers) and haven't had problems since.  Maybe that's the trick, drop and pick back up, if anyone doing the buffer is having their pk vanish.

Thats exactly what Ive been doing, and no issue

These bugs are getting ridiculous.

- Jason can’t use environment Kills.

- You thread the needle by fixing the car & all good ol’ Jason’s gotta do is toss a knife & KA-BOOM! All for nothing. 

- Getting stuck while looting certain drawers.

- Now disappearing pocket knifes ... lol 

Please fix by 2025. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

It is random.  If I'd have to guess, maybe 10-20% chance of losing the PK.  Worst case of it happening is after using FW while in full fear, not realizing you no longer have your "Get out of Jail" card.  :angry:

16 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

It is random.  If I'd have to guess, maybe 10-20% chance of losing the PK.  Worst case of it happening is after using FW while in full fear, not realizing you no longer have your "Get out of Jail" card.  :angry:

It’s funny how it always happens in dire situations. I don’t pick up both together anymore but when I used to it would happen whenever I needed it. Just today I was trying to survive against a slasher Jason and I picked up some firecrackers and a pocket knife from people who had died before. I threw down the firecrackers (there were 3 of them and I picked them up at separate times however I also was holding the pocket knife at the same time since I didn’t have time to put it down) and the pocket knife stayed. Seems the times I need it most is when I would get this glitch. 😂

6 hours ago, FridayThe31st said:

It’s funny how it always happens in dire situations. I don’t pick up both together anymore but when I used to it would happen whenever I needed it.

That's the unfortunate dilemma.  It's simpler and easier to just not deal with them at the risk of losing a PK.  They are very useful still, even in post Rage.  A trick not mentioned much is the ability to "Swing Cancel" a bad swing w/ fireworks.  Works even from a combat stance swing (just remember to toggle out of CS first); very useful against a Jason who's good at baiting. 

1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

That's the unfortunate dilemma.  It's simpler and easier to just not deal with them at the risk of losing a PK.  They are very useful still, even in post Rage.  A trick not mentioned much is the ability to "Swing Cancel" a bad swing w/ fireworks.  Works even from a combat stance swing (just remember to toggle out of CS first); very useful against a Jason who's good at baiting. 

You don't need to exit combat stance to throw firecrackers

1 minute ago, Somethin Cool said:

You don't need to exit combat stance to throw firecrackers

Might have changed, when I originally discovered this, it was patches well before the rage-buff.  IIRC, I wasn't able to cancel unless I toggles out/run out back then.

53 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Might have changed, when I originally discovered this, it was patches well before the rage-buff.  IIRC, I wasn't able to cancel unless I toggles out/run out back then.

Idk about cancelling a swing with firecrackers whilst in combat stance, I was just saying it's possible to throw firecrackers in combat stance. To be honest I've never tried it. Although I'd imagine it would work considering swing is possible and throwing firecrackers is also possible.

🤔