Anyone else having trouble recently getting a game as Jason? That's my preference but played around 25 games in a row. Not once picked as Jason. Normally it's around 1 game in 6 or 7?

You know I find myself being him a lot. Especially when I’m the last person to get in the lobby. Anyone else notice the last person that comes in at the waiting screen normally is Jason?  Or is that just me?

• Like 2

Yes I've noticed that a lot, last player to join is next to be Jason. Just feels like I've not been Jason now for over 20 - 25 games in a row. Never been that long before. 

I've noticed a drastic decrease in the amount of times I'm Jason since the game went free with Gold on Xbox.  Don't know if that's a coincidence or not, and I really doubt all new players have Jason as their preference, but I feel like it is catering to newer players right now despite each player's "preference."  Before the game went free, if I was in a lobby with a bunch of new players, I was often picked as Jason since my preference was set to him and most new players don't have a preference set.  Now it's almost always new players getting chosen as Jason.  I can go several hours without being him.

This is considered taboo by many but you could just leave after the cutscene or commit suicide asap and go join another lobby. This is called being a "Jason Main".  As I pointed out this is frowned upon by many but the only way to become Jason more often. A lot of people do it regardless. 

I was wondering why so many people seem to leave the game straight away recently? Maybe that's why. Lots of games lose a couple of players before it gets going. 

On 10/19/2019 at 10:56 AM, Deano78 said:

I was wondering why so many people seem to leave the game straight away recently? Maybe that's why. Lots of games lose a couple of players before it gets going.

Yes probably the case. I've had this debate with other people. The argument is it hurts the other counselors due to being down one person but if you force someone to play counselor when they don't want to be they most likely aren't going to try or just turn into trolls and do worse things so there would be no point of having them there anyway.

1. Staying in the same lobby does nothing to increase your chances for getting selected as Jason.

Most lobbies only let you stay 3 to 4 matches before kicking you into another server for Quick Play.

2. Players can be picked 2 times as Jason back to back over players that have waited longer in the lobby to play as him.

3. Players that join right before a match starts seem to have a higher chance of being selected as Jason.

4. Sometimes you will wait 25 to 30 matches in Quick Play to get selected as Jason 1 time.

30 matches that can go on for 15 to 20 minutes each.

That is staying in matches or quitting immediately at the start and finding another lobby.

Quitting and lobby hopping is faster. Which is why multiple players immediately quit at the start of each match.

5. Private matches will often have the same players getting selected multiple times on ''random'' selection. Not picked by host.

The entire process feels like it is bugged. Boring and tedious. Now add the final chapter achievement into the mix. Nightmare status.

Well finally got a go as Jason must have been well over 25 games. Before that averaged once every 6 or 7.

I've noticed the Jason's I play as recently always look different? Like a weird modded version, odd colours. Graphics not like the ordinary versions. Anyone experienced that? 

I thought I was the only one.  I have my preference as Jason and I’m lucky if I get to be him once a day! Yesterday I wasn’t him at all. And when I finally do get to be picked as him, guess what ends up happening? People leave! They keep leaving until I only have 4 or 5 people to kill, and the people currently playing have just downloaded the game free with Xbox Gold, so imagine how not fun that is. It’s like playing with bots so it’s not really too much fun. 

Ive also seen people in the lobby become Jason twice in a row while I’ve been waiting there for an HOUR or more waiting to be picked as Jason before that person even joined yet I don’t get picked. I even try to exit out of lobbies that I’ve been in for a longer period of time just to join a new one so that maybe I’ll have higher chances of being picked as Jason. Whenever I’m the last person to join a lobby or when I join a new one and I’m already on the loading screen with the map name, I get pretty excited because I know then my odds are higher but guess what? Nope, it’s not me. Along with me suddenly not being able to find US servers & suddenly having really long searching for dedicated server times, I also have had trouble getting picked as Jason.

On 10/19/2019 at 9:19 PM, Deano78 said:

Well finally got a go as Jason must have been well over 25 games. Before that averaged once every 6 or 7.

I've noticed the Jason's I play as recently always look different? Like a weird modded version, odd colours. Graphics not like the ordinary versions. Anyone experienced that? 

Yeah it’s the glitched Jason skins usually happens when somebody joins the lobby just as the game is starting (I think it also sometimes makes all counselors random?) I’m not sure how exactly that happens but I’ve seen it a lot. I was finally chosen as Jason the other day and instead of being my usual part 8, I was part 7… but he looked WEIRD. And I’ve only seen him look exactly that weird way once before. It definitely wasn’t a cross between two different Jasons but it was literally a see through part 7 Jason with half a missing arm. 😂

the last few weeks ive been coming up short on the jasons... my friend on the other hand has been getting FLOODED with the jasons lately.. i mean like ever other match it seems.. i told him stop using the damn game genie!!

it should pass soon then I'LL be the one swimming in the jasons.

On 10/21/2019 at 8:06 AM, FridayThe31st said:

Yeah it’s the glitched Jason skins usually happens when somebody joins the lobby just as the game is starting (I think it also sometimes makes all counselors random?) I’m not sure how exactly that happens but I’ve seen it a lot. I was finally chosen as Jason the other day and instead of being my usual part 8, I was part 7… but he looked WEIRD. And I’ve only seen him look exactly that weird way once before. It definitely wasn’t a cross between two different Jasons but it was literally a see through part 7 Jason with half a missing arm. 😂

ive seen this alot.. ghost jason! picks the throwing knives up with his thin air hand! its the next best thing to getting a new jason since we cant have any new content. i say leave it in.

• Haha 1

On 10/19/2019 at 12:53 PM, GhostWolfViking said:

2. Players can be picked 2 times as Jason back to back over players that have waited longer in the lobby to play as him.

This happens to me a LOT. When it does, nobody dies the 2nd time. I send a PM to as many of them as possible and tell them that since I'm Jason twice in a row, go ahead and fix something and escape. Then I dump all 5 traps at the shack entrance ND go troll them a little. If I get shot/attacked, I normally let it go unless they keep doing it, at which point they get a PM telling them to cut that shit out. That usually ends the problem without anyone dying.

If you go for the sweater, however, you're fucked. I take it as an extreme insult that you're trying to kill me despite knowing that you're getting an easy escape. 

• Like 2