I’ve never understood this. Am I missing something? What’s so great about about achievements? I’m not knocking you I’m just asking

Not really important. Maybe the only reason I still play it. When your at 99% why the hell not?

If it had no achievements would have stopped playing long ago. Noticed only 0.01% of players have the final chapter achievement on Xbox.

I'm sure pc players on steam players can hack their achievements and playstation crowd can edit game saves on PS4.

Only response I got was from someone in spain. Has 200 days played and all achievements. Didn't speak much english.

I'm just going to call this a dead topic and move on. The forum is about dead anyways. Devs are ghosting it until 2020.

15 hours ago, NickersLarge said:

I’ve never understood this. Am I missing something? What’s so great about about achievements? I’m not knocking you I’m just asking

For me, getting all trophies/ achievements tells me I did everything there is in the game (I'm usually a completionist), though some games allow you to cut corners or mostly view or interact with everything.  Other games become a grind, and for single player games, that is fine since you can do it at your own pace.  But these "X amount of matches played" puts you in a bad spot.  You are at the mercy of either the game itself (and when it has bugs that disconnect you or don't track properly such as F13) or, worse, the whim of shitty random players who either disconnect to screw you over or are just plain bad sports COMBINED with buggy server issues, it becomes a nightmare to legit play matches.  Example: last night I played with a few friends (such as @lasse_hei and @Redrum138) and a few others.  My turn as Jason came up and I was wiping the floor with the lobby, when suddenly one of our party members had a connection error boot him from the party and match, and about 30 seconds later our entire party was backed out to the main menu.  That not only killed my want to play anymore, but also doesn't count towards my 1,000 matches played as Jason, so I can understand someone, as a completionist, wanting to do quick but fun 1vs1 matches because of situations such as that.

By the way, @mattshotcha, could the team PLEASE investigate that situation I described (when in a party and playing a match, if anyone has a connection problem that boots them, the entire party is forced out as well (party leader isn't necessarily the one with the connection problem, yet they are booted together with the party as well)?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

I'm just going to call this a dead topic and move on. The forum is about dead anyways. Devs are ghosting it until 2020

Haha damn bro. 

• Haha 1

On 10/18/2019 at 10:31 PM, NickersLarge said:

Achievements give players a sense of accomplishment. Some players focus on them more than others, but it gives them all something to strive for.

10 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

I'm just going to call this a dead topic and move on. The forum is about dead anyways. Devs are ghosting it until 2020.

The forum will only die when everyone stops coming here and voicing their opinions. I don't think we're quite there yet. It might be more on life support like the game in a sense.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

The forum will only die when everyone stops coming here and voicing their opinions. I don't think we're quite there yet. It might be more on life support like the game in a sense.

It’s more like hibernation......lol.

I think once the developers and Matt have new information there will be a heavier amount of feedback from the community.

I will be roaming Around the off topic area threads till that information comes.

2 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

It’s more like hibernation......lol.

I think once the developers and Matt have new information there will be a heavier amount of feedback from the community.

I will be roaming Around the off topic area threads till that information comes.

Off Topic is where it's at for the time being.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Off Topic is where it's at for the time being.

Really??!! I’ve been wondering where everyone was. 

On 10/19/2019 at 2:10 PM, SonofOdin6039 said:

Me, I go for the badges.  As long as I knock out a few before I die I call it a success

That's what I've been doing as well. 

On 10/19/2019 at 2:10 PM, SonofOdin6039 said:

Me, I go for the badges.  As long as I knock out a few before I die I call it a success

hell yeah. collecting the badges was really fun i thought. itd be the shit if after you unlocked them all you could wear them on your counselor!

• Haha 1

On 10/19/2019 at 1:35 PM, GhostWolfViking said:

Not really important. Maybe the only reason I still play it. When your at 99% why the hell not?

If it had no achievements would have stopped playing long ago. Noticed only 0.01% of players have the final chapter achievement on Xbox.

I'm sure pc players on steam players can hack their achievements and playstation crowd can edit game saves on PS4.

Only response I got was from someone in spain. Has 200 days played and all achievements. Didn't speak much english.

I will never have all the achievements. I've only played three or four online matches since the middle of last year. If it weren't for Offline Bots, I wouldn't even still have the game installed. 

Congrats, though, on your achievement. Way to stick with it.