hirokc44

My Honest Opinion on the Overpowered Rage Mode

On 2/9/2020 at 8:35 PM, aurllcooljay said:

The point of the video was to show how well organized counselors can be. You have to admit tanking the traps so quickly then hiding out in the cabins is pretty clever.

The 2nd video was rough, but you helped allow it become rougher on yourself by a few mistakes

One - It's a combo of prep at the boat house.  The trap on the door was pointless.  Double trap the fuse box.  You spent so long there at the beginning of the match, smartly because you saw Shelly was hanging out in the area, but didn't take out the windows. 

Two - Tiffany at the car.  You got grab happy on her when she was limping.  You paid for it.  Missed a few grabs, ate a PK, and she ate your trap.  You should have just chopped her down because you knew she didn't have a spray.

Three - When Tommy tanked your trap, you tried to walk to him.  You had shift ready.  The play should have been to shift to him and try to chop him down at the box.  Instead you got shot by a flare, got stunned, and allowed an easy escape for Tommy.  Either you would have killed Tommy or he would have shotgunned you.  Either way makes that situation a little easier for you. 

All of this in combination made that situation near impossible for you stop, double trap the box, don't let Tiffany eat the trap, and Tommy while tanking one trap someone would still have to tank the second to fix the box.   

On 2/11/2020 at 4:13 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

I watched the videos above and the one where you are Part 2, You trap the first power box without making sure it was the Tommy radio power which it wasn't and you re -trapped it 2  more times. If you don't get it first morph it is pointless trapping any of the power boxes, Tommy more than likely has been called you got lucky he never was.It was the main house power box that controlled the Tommy radio which they only repaired once. Total waste of traps. You also got lucky they got too cocky trolling you with the car and got it stuck. They could have been long gone. Need to work on your quick tosses with throwing knives and you were a bit too grab happy at times you should have slashed.

Yes I made some mistakes, but please keep in mind the point of the videos was more about how some scenarios can be out of Jason's control rather than how good of a Jason I am. I say that with the knowledge that had I done things differently things wouldn't have been as bad and do appreciate the feedback.

It wasn't luck Tommy didn't get called in the first video. The reason I took out those two generators was because the radio tower wasn't in the intro, which meant the Tommy house was either at Blair's Cove or above the lodge. And at the rate the traps were getting tanked I didn't really have time to make sure where the radio actually was. Whether those players were actually trying to call Tommy or just mess with me I'll never know, but that was a risk I couldn't take.

Now lets say I didn't make any mistakes. Would that have guaranteed I could have prevented a Tommy call and keep the objectives in check the whole time?

On 2/5/2020 at 6:07 AM, Thunder said:

they won't take the rage buff out of the game because of all the cry baby jason mains who were exposed for their lack of skill and bitched over and over until they finally got what they wanted. they claim that jason had all these nerfs but remember early in the game where you could be stunned for 15 seconds virtually? perfect example, people could stun you after you stopped the car, get back in and drive off and you'd still be stunned, now that's impossible because jason recovers too quickly and can easily pull the person out of the car. they need to make it so that other items like firecrackers and flares still stun jason. i've played jason multiple times now since the rage buff and when you get rage, it feels like a cop out. i like to mind game counselors and if i get hit then i was outplayed and good job to them, now i can just stand there and not get stunned its so lame. also in regards to the whole pinata bullshit, making the weapons hit multiple people helps that and not that long ago i had a game where jason killers tried to kill me, you can isolate and kill counselors with the punch or choke for quick kills. it's not impossible but whenever something is hard or isn't given to you on a plate, people will bitch. 

my favorite part about it is if you're playing on say pinehurst and you're trying to find the fuse or keys and not knowing someone has them and people are stunning jason and he gets rage in 5 minutes and your the last one left and then he finds you and you can only juke from house to house and the jason mains will say "that's your fault for not doing objectives". lol see at least before the rage buff if this happened you could defend yourself properly at the expense of stupid teammates. getting outplayed by jason and getting killed is perfectly fine because he played better, but getting killed because of stupid teammates is just wrong in my opinion, more so if you're actually trying to play the game properly and not in a toxic way. 

Glad someone actually see's light of just what is wrong with this buff, even before the buff, me and my friend always revelled in how ridiculously easy and fun it was to play Jason, and like you say it's fun to mind game and toy with your pray, using your abilities to the best of your potential, like stalking from afar for a sneaky shiftgrab, or break a door down and start shifting to make a counselor camping a window jump out to shift outside and grab them for example, I felt I rarely got hit as Jason before unless it was by complete surprise, like not knowing the counselor was in a certain spot, or just from a hit free, whenever counselors run at me to bait grabs for a free hit, yeah would work on a bad Jason but I never fall for it, I'd just throw knives at them to weaken them whenever they'd run towards me, it is easy to not get hit as Jason so I don't know why people had such an issue with it, the Jasons who were getting stunned all the time just need to practice more and learn how not to, on average most games I'm just hit by guns or firecrackers or potentially 1 melee hit unless there's a group of 2 or 3 counselors hitting each other free which I don't count as they're free hits, in which is the only case I slash, not caring if I get stunned because if I can't grab kill them they need to get slashed, I just think it was far too easy to remove Jason's mask in these situations, and the rage buff made it easier as you can spam attack him to get his mask off, I think Jason just needed a LOT more hit points for it to come off instead of no stun on rage, the rage buff just felt unneccessary in my opinion as I failed to see how Jason was so weak, to me it was just the player, counselors shouldn't be punished for successfully fighting back and evading, even as Deborah on Packanack small, if a running Jason's tunnelling you with rage and you try to head to the cops, even by just jogging you can't make it as you have to sprint in small bursts to keep distance from a running Jason but can't hit him for the stamina boost as they always resort to slashing now, unless the Jason is just completely useless, Vanessa, Bugsy and Tiffany feel like the only viable counselors, only times I ever lost as Jason was when people worked well together as a team and had to take like 4-5 players wailing on me to kill me, and I just take the loss as I know they had to work together for it and never got it easily, XD but exactly what you said about the rage buff feeling like a cop out, I always say that to my friend when I have a showdown with him when he's the last one left, when I catch him it just doesn't feel earned, as he does manage to land hits on me at times from zig-zagging and running round me to throw my grab off, which is a good strategy, I get round it a lot but he often also makes me miss a lot doing it, but now with rage even if he successfully manages a hit for stamina it doesn't matter, I don't have to use my brain, I just get rewarded for not successfully evading his hit. Whew, sorry for this rant I just always have a lot to say. Haha.

On 2/5/2020 at 2:49 PM, HuDawg said:

Not sure what a Jason main Iis..  

But I know it was counselors mains that 'cried' constantly to get the game changed.   Which in turned basically nerfed Jason.   Which led to the overpowered rage mode that we have now.

Oh, basically by Jason main I just mean I mostly have my preference set to Jason. XD

7 hours ago, psx_mad147 said:

Oh, basically by Jason main I just mean I mostly have my preference set to Jason. XD

When talking about "mains", you could main a specific counselor. (Ex. Jenny main, Chad main, etc.)

You could also main a specific Jason (Part 8 main, Savini main, etc.)

• Like 1

Funniest part of this thread is people are just angry that they can't bully Jason he is supposed to be supernatural 😂 lol 😂

Jason should be so overpowered that you would never run up to him and 2 fight him. Things like dancing should take away your stamina and you shouldn't be able to endlessly walk away while having stamina refill. 

Jason is a supernatural monster that you should fear, no run up to fight. 

Anyone who runs up to Jason regardless of perks should automatically have screen go black and lose mini map. 

Laughable lease fools want the counselors to be equal with Jason. 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 7:15 AM, psx_mad147 said:

but can't hit him for the stamina boost as they always resort to slashing now

That's bullshit. Unstunnable or not, hitting Jason gives a stamina boost. I'm glad you said that though because this is a good time to point out that one of the biggest whines about the Rage buff was that slower counselors rely on the stamina boost they get from stunning Jason in order to survive (I.E. It's not about getting to stun Jason, it's about getting the stamina boost). Oh really? Well, since you still get a stamina boost even in Rage, I guess that little gripe is resolved, isn't it? .....Unless it IS about wanting to chain-stun Jason afterall and being butthurt that you can't throw anymore 20 minute pinata parties.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the absence. Being the thread creator, I should have been more involved but I was caught up with a lot of work.

I'm really glad to see this topic has gathered so much traction. Here's hoping the developers notice this and actually considering adding some tweaks to Jason's rage mode in the next patch so that no party gets the short end of the stick.

As I said, I'm not asking for the update to be removed completely but in my honest opinion, it would have been more than enough to just add the stun immunity while breaking through doors in rage mode rather than the full-blown invincibility that we are currently seeing.

That's just my opinion, y'all are more than welcome to agree or disagree :)