hirokc44

My Honest Opinion on the Overpowered Rage Mode

I don't think many people asked for this rage buff,Most asked for certain game mechanics be reverted back or certain ones be brought back to the way it was at game launch but the devs decided otherwise. You are correct the toxic player base discovered how easy it was to keep Jason essentially stun locked or chain stunned the entire match and there was little the Jason player could do about it regardless of skill level.  Pinata parties were a thing or else that term would have never been created.

• Like 1

I think it was dumb to add the rage buff when you got all these glitches that sometimes screw counselors over like the throwing knife to the car glitch, the interaction lock when opening drawers and some other stuff. Yea I agree to avoid the pinata parties but then you gotta worry about some of those people that are teamers and put Jason in rage in the first 5 or 10 minutes of the match. They should do some adjustments though, like have a stun resistance for Jason and when he's in rage, he shouldn't really be getting knocked on his ass anyways. 

Just to say on my experience when playing online as Jason, it takes some good experienced Jason players to avoid being bullied, because they learned to play it smart although Jason needs some work on his combat stance. I'm not the best Jason but not gonna cry about it if I can't get all the kills, I just do whatever I can, if someone escapes or I die tough shit. Just like someone said on here before in another thread "When Jason dies in the movies, he comes back in the next movie so when you die in the game think of it as if your Jason again in the next game" then you can say "I'm back b*tches lol." 

1 hour ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

I think it was dumb to add the rage buff when you got all these glitches that sometimes screw counselors over like the throwing knife to the car glitch, the interaction lock when opening drawers and some other stuff. Yea I agree to avoid the pinata parties but then you gotta worry about some of those people that are teamers and put Jason in rage in the first 5 or 10 minutes of the match. They should do some adjustments though, like have a stun resistance for Jason and when he's in rage, he shouldn't really be getting knocked on his ass anyways

The Rage Buff was basically a quick fix to stop over aggressive beat downs of Jason.   

The reality is, aggressive beat downs should not exist.  And are caused by a few things.

They allowed so many weapons in game .  So many med sprays.   Mostly due to perks.  

And also, they allow counselors to trade hits with Jason.   <--- This is what needed to be re-worked.  This should not happen.

There should be NO perks that add extra med sprays or extra weapons.  There should be limited amounts of weapons in game.   And trading Hits with Jason should not happen.  if Jason hits player they should be knocked to the ground ( Or at the very least, disarmed)

On top of that, they should remove counselors stamina drain when jogging.

At that point, there would be no reason for a  RAGE buff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HuDawg said:

The Rage Buff was basically a quick fix to stop over aggressive beat downs of Jason.   

The reality is, aggressive beat downs should not exist.  And are caused by a few things.

They allowed so many weapons in game .  So many med sprays.   Mostly due to perks.  

And also, they allow counselors to trade hits with Jason.   <--- This is what needed to be re-worked.  This should not happen.

There should be NO perks that add extra med sprays or extra weapons.  There should be limited amounts of weapons in game.   And trading Hits with Jason should not happen.  if Jason hits player they should be knocked to the ground ( Or at the very least, disarmed)

It's good to have a perk with a med spray because what if someone hogs them all in the game, you would have to be lucky to find one. For the weapons perks there should of been one and it let's you choose which one to start with, they break anyways so after that the perk is pointless unless you find the weapon you picked again which I would be more focused on surviving then finding that certain weapon again. There's a few perks that should be removed and just have the ones that are actually useful. 

I would prefer being disarmed of my weapon if hit, then being knocked down every time I get hit, because if Jason can knock me down to the ground then it would just turn into a beat down. Luckily he can't throw his weapons, that would be a f'n nightmare. 

Yea remove that stamina drain when jogging, it would make more sense to have it drain when your running.

1 minute ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

It's good to have a perk with a med spray because what if someone hogs them all in the game

Then you're shit out of luck?   

I mostly play as counselors..   So I really don't care if someone hogs all the sprays and I end up dying.  

The consequence of having so many med sprays ends up with counselors doing stupid shit, just because they can.  Eating traps and aggressively attacking Jason is the outcome of having so many med sprays.  Which eventually led to the RAGE buff.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Then you're shit out of luck?   

I mostly play as counselors..   So I really don't care if someone hogs all the sprays and I end up dying.  

The consequence of having so many med sprays ends up with counselors doing stupid shit, just because they can.  Eating traps and aggressively attacking Jason is the outcome of having so many med sprays.  Which eventually led to the RAGE buff.

I play mostly as counselors also, Jenny is my main. I don't really use the med spray perks because of the build I have on her, all I need to do is play it smart. If I die then I die. Those that hog them will probably do the things that you said anyways like eating traps or aggressively attacking Jason so maybe limiting them might be a good idea.  

Just about all of us play more as counselors than Jason, unless you have at least seven friends that detest playing as Jason.

On 2/5/2020 at 3:29 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

I don't think many people asked for this rage buff,Most asked for certain game mechanics be reverted back or certain ones be brought back to the way it was at game launch but the devs decided otherwise. You are correct the toxic player base discovered how easy it was to keep Jason essentially stun locked or chain stunned the entire match and there was little the Jason player could do about it regardless of skill level.  Pinata parties were a thing or else that term would have never been created.

Players will always do whatever the game allows them to. If one doesn't want that to happen, then one should be careful with what they allow others to do in that game.

I think there will always be a batch of players who will push the limits in a game, and see what they can do, even if the developers didn't consider it.

15 hours ago, HuDawg said:

More extensive testing could have led to a different outcome.

Perhaps the few bug fixes and balance changes left for this game can improve things a bit. We'll see.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 11:59 AM, Friday-Fan-88 said:

...if Jason can knock me down to the ground then it would just turn into a beat down.

But it's ok for Jason to get a knockdown beat down, right?

• Thanks 2

The way I see it the rage buff is a necessary evil. There are always new players who WILL get bullied as Jason, and before anyone says "git gud", I doubt many of them have the patience to play that long before moving on to other multiplayer games.

I've been playing ever since the game came out and am at least average as Jason and still play matches against really annoying players. In the past year I've noticed really good teamwork that's hard to counter. See for yourself:

1 hour ago, aurllcooljay said:

The way I see it the rage buff is a necessary evil. There are always new players who WILL get bullied as Jason, and before anyone says "git gud", I doubt many of them have the patience to play that long before moving on to other multiplayer games.

I've been playing ever since the game came out and am at least average as Jason and still play matches against really annoying players. In the past year I've noticed really good teamwork that's hard to counter. See for yourself:

watched both matches and have to say honestly without any disrespect, the first game was one of the confusing/worst games i've seen as jason. wasted too much time worrying about trapping generators and wasting traps on them, not trapping the car which is the biggest kryptonite for part 2 given his shift isn't fast enough to stop the car unless the drive is completely braindead. then teleporting back to the phone when clearly everyone was at the main house near the car. and you could've killed the vanessa who suicide by hitting her with a throwing knife or slashing her. you do a good job with the throwing knifes when someone jumps a window though but honestly, the only reason that you were able to kill them at the end was the rage buff, they could've easily looped you for the rest of the game. 

2nd game was better and even though the phone situation was tough, they did bait you by committing to them and letting the deborah fixed the fuse and you applied no pressure when they were in the boat shack and didn't break the windows allowing them to regains stamina and keep looping the same place.

19 hours ago, Thunder said:

watched both matches and have to say honestly without any disrespect, the first game was one of the confusing/worst games i've seen as jason. wasted too much time worrying about trapping generators and wasting traps on them, not trapping the car which is the biggest kryptonite for part 2 given his shift isn't fast enough to stop the car unless the drive is completely braindead. then teleporting back to the phone when clearly everyone was at the main house near the car.

That's the way I prioritized things: Tommy radio>phone>car>boat. If I remember correctly some of the players attempted a Jason kill the previous match, so there was no way I'm letting that happen, which was the only real success. Phone came next before car because I'd rather risk some players escaping than all.

The point of the video was to show how well organized counselors can be. You have to admit tanking the traps so quickly then hiding out in the cabins is pretty clever.

On 2/8/2020 at 9:22 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

But it's ok for Jason to get a knockdown beat down, right?

No not at all, I do agree though about the pinata parties, something had to be done about it but the way they did it, ehh they could of done something better. Some future adjustments would be great, maybe have Tommy the one to only stun Jason when he's in rage, I mean Tommy is the hero after all and his job is to mess with Jason and help other counselors survive. 

On 10/15/2019 at 8:09 PM, Somethin Cool said:

Or they could just leave it the way it is and everyone that's concerned about not being able to stun Jason in rage could simply stop beating the shit out of Jason early in the match...

This right here i agree with i see it all the time rage mode is OP boo hoo jason is supposed to be op you can blame the rage buff on the pinata party people and the people who complain are  the ones that want to stun jason and teabag him over and over now that they can't there all pissed and whine about it.

4 hours ago, camp_voorhees said:

This right here i agree with i see it all the time rage mode is OP boo hoo jason is supposed to be op you can blame the rage buff on the pinata party people and the people who complain are  the ones that want to stun jason and teabag him over and over now that they can't there all pissed and whine about it.

And this ^^^  is pretty much how I feel about it. If you do not attack Jason, he won't enter Rage until 15 minutes have passed. Yes, 75% of the round is over and you only have to deal with an enraged Jason for 5 minutes. 

Now, I am aware that you will probably need to attack Jason at least a little during the course of trying to escape (I'm not counting killing him, as obviously that's going to require more than a little). This is where the situation gets iffy. If you're trying to (for arguments sake) install a battery, theres two ways you can accomplish this:

The first is to give the battery to someone with high repair who can install it fast enough that they need little to no protecting.

Or, secondly, you can give it to a 1/10 repair counselor who is going to take a long fucking time completing the repair, and thus will need you to fight off/keep Jason stunned until they're finished. 

If you are not trying to kill Jason, let the repair counselors do the repairs while the non-repairs kite Jason around until they're finished. Beating Jason like you're an alcoholic step-father and he's the illegitimate son you fathered with a fat hooker named Bertha means you have  ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to whine and bitch about him being unstunnable in Rage. He wouldn't BE in Rage if you hadn't decided to throw another Pinata Party. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

He wouldn't BE in Rage if you hadn't decided to throw another Pinata Party. 

Like the old saying goes: whoever sows the wind will reap the storm

in my opinion, the rage update is not overpowered. i do think the problems which brought about the rage update could be handled in a more fleshed out way, but i dont blame them for this easy apporch. however, even if they fixed the problems jason has, such as combat mode, i still think the no stun rage is necessary. i think beating on jason the whole match deserves a penilty. aside from spoting hard to find campers toward the end of the match, rage was basicly pointless before the patch. the rage update incourages players to complete objectives early on while they can still protect each other with a fine placed stun on jason. it makes the end of a match more intense, & it requires more than a cheap shot to have a last minute escape starting the car or whatever. you have to save the guns, or pick your spot when to make your move. to me, the rage update was a welcome challenge to the game. it makes it more fun for the jason player as well. you do not have to stun jason even once in a match to gain a victory, ive done this many times. i try not to hit jason unless i really have to, in most cases. i like the strategy aspects of this game & the rage update keeps it closer to that style. its not a side scrolling beat em up, but having the option to fight & defend is a great part of the game, & i like how the update makes it so you must play it smart. the down side is some players dont understand this & end up throwing their team under the bus five minutes into the match. i can see how some players would exploit this to help cheat too, but again, the beauty of this game is you can choose to play however you want. as in a real situation, youll have good team players, and dumb dumbs.. above all else, i believe the more threatening jason is, the more fun the game will be.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, glowing ooze said:

in my opinion, the rage update is not overpowered. i do think the problems which brought about the rage update could be handled in a more fleshed out way, but i dont blame them for this easy apporch. however, even if they fixed the problems jason has, such as combat mode, i still think the no stun rage is necessary. i think beating on jason the whole match deserves a penilty. aside from spoting hard to find campers toward the end of the match, rage was basicly pointless before the patch. the rage update incourages players to complete objectives early on while they can still protect each other with a fine placed stun on jason. it makes the end of a match more intense, & it requires more than a cheap shot to have a last minute escape starting the car or whatever. you have to save the guns, or pick your spot when to make your move. to me, the rage update was a welcome challenge to the game. it makes it more fun for the jason player as well. you do not have to stun jason even once in a match to gain a victory, ive done this many times. i try not to hit jason unless i really have to, in most cases. i like the strategy aspects of this game & the rage update keeps it closer to that style. its not a side scrolling beat em up, but having the option to fight & defend is a great part of the game, & i like how the update makes it so you must play it smart. the down side is some players dont understand this & end up throwing their team under the bus five minutes into the match. i can see how some players would exploit this to help cheat too, but again, the beauty of this game is you can choose to play however you want. as in a real situation, youll have good team players, and dumb dumbs.. above all else, i believe the more threatening jason is, the more fun the game will be.

Consider it a penalty for piss-poor gameplay. If you don't assist in escaping and just want to stun and dance all game, your poor decisions lead to having a much more difficult time surviving than if you'd stopped acting like a twat and helped out. 

"WAHHHH!! That's making me play how someone else want's instead of how *I* want!"

It's called 'teamwork". You can argue until you're blue in the face that "This isn't a team-oriented game!", but it's blatantly obvious this game was designed to be played as a team effort. It's even on the some of the loading screens. As with any game that has any kind of inherent "teamwork" function, choosing to say 'Fuck those guys' and play YOUR way makes things harder for everyone else. Want a better chance of escape? Dance less, cooperate more.

On 10/15/2019 at 1:19 AM, hirokc44 said:

- Make all stuns post rage "instant recovery standing stuns" , the ones where you dont have to mash buttons to recover from. This would result in a stun that is about a second long. Very quick recovery but still solves the issue of instant regrabs, being unable to heal when Jason is on top of you, being unable to distract Jason when he's on top of an objective and combat that feels very unrewarding/unresponsive.

I think this alone would be enough. Just a teensy little something to allow for the slightest breathing room. But they'd have to fix combat stance(removing lock-on) since that causes the combat to feel clunky instead of fluid. And fix the issue where Jason holding block gets de-blocked(block is released) if Jason isn't host when a counselor attack lands. Make it so block remains up whether host or not. Then, this would fix the whole combat system in my opinion.

4 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Consider it a penalty for piss-poor gameplay. If you don't assist in escaping and just want to stun and dance all game, your poor decisions lead to having a much more difficult time surviving than if you'd stopped acting like a twat and helped out. 

"WAHHHH!! That's making me play how someone else want's instead of how *I* want!"

It's called 'teamwork". You can argue until you're blue in the face that "This isn't a team-oriented game!", but it's blatantly obvious this game was designed to be played as a team effort. It's even on the some of the loading screens. As with any game that has any kind of inherent "teamwork" function, choosing to say 'Fuck those guys' and play YOUR way makes things harder for everyone else. Want a better chance of escape? Dance less, cooperate more.

I agree that more teamwork and less showboating would yield a better outcome in the average match.

Players taking the solo approach aren't necessarily trying to screw over everyone else. Sometimes while the others have Jason's attention, a single person escaping alone is not a bad idea.

Now if someone is practicing their dance moves and that's it, then they deserve the most extreme kill Jason can perform on them.

The anti rage people argument is your average quick play lobby is not comprised of  elite players who are organized and  you do have your share of trolls and noobs who just hide or don't have a clue or don't care and it ends up with one or 2 people left with a raging Jason and if nothing has been fixed they are pretty much screwed.There are people who purposely go get the sweater now at the start and leave just to take killing off the table for remaining counselors. So I can see both sides of the debate. I don't want piñata parties back though..

I watched the videos above and the one where you are Part 2, You trap the first power box without making sure it was the Tommy radio power which it wasn't and you re -trapped it 2  more times. If you don't get it first morph it is pointless trapping any of the power boxes, Tommy more than likely has been called you got lucky he never was.It was the main house power box that controlled the Tommy radio which they only repaired once. Total waste of traps. You also got lucky they got too cocky trolling you with the car and got it stuck. They could have been long gone. Need to work on your quick tosses with throwing knives and you were a bit too grab happy at times you should have slashed.

The rage buff, in itself, is fine.  The truth is as long as a counselor has the potential to stun, Jason has to respect the counselor 's "space".  This is true in a 1v1 situation, and this is even more true and multiplied with every additional counselor around Jason.  Prior to the rage buff, this "respect" has to be maintained though the entire game, which forces Jason to play restrained and reactive against competent players  At best, both parties are gridlocked, counselors in that group can't get anything done, Jason can't kill them outright.  Since this can eat up a lot of time, it gives counselor the potential of the full 20 mins to ether escape or survive the night as long as they keep enough counselors alive to watch each others back and spread the map.  OFC this is assuming the Jason knows how to play; if he doesn't, it becomes a Piñata party.  Players that are complaining that Jason is too OP now and this buff rewards "bad Jasons" are only looking from a Solo Counselor Vs Jason point of view.  This game is a 1 vs 7, and has the potential everyone gangbanging Jason if left unchecked.

Once Jason gets rage, he becomes a kill-bot sweeper, and as long as the J-kill is not an option, he has no reason to "respect" counselor's "space".   This was needed for Jason to break up Mobs and put pressure on counselors.  They attack him? Jason can just slash them to death.  People complaining about Rage Jason just chain grabbing the same counselor after every save attempt until the weapon breaks?  Go back to the first thing you learned playing this game, DON"T GET GRABBED!  Party is over once Jason gets rage and the only reason why you should hit him once he does is ether demask for the kill, need that demask stun for whatever reason, attempt a save, or stamina.  If nothing's done, then that's your problem.  Upset that you peers are shitheads wasting time?  Well, that's QP for you, what do you expect? Like it or not, the  Lobby lives or dies by the choices and consequences of every player and if unpredictable nature of QP is causing too much headaches for you, find other like-minded players and form a community.   Personally, the randomness and challenges of QP keeps things from becoming stale, which is why I enjoy it.

The problem balancing this game is it has a HUGE disparity between skill ability across the player base and this rage buff has caused that chasm to be further daunting to players looking for a more causal experience.  Casual level, strongly Jason favored.  Hardcore level, Counselor favored. Against a Pro Jason, still counselors, but ONLY if players are at an "elite" level.  Place that Pro Jason on a typical QP lobby, he will kill everyone so efficiently that nothing really has a chance to be done.   To be successful in this game consistently, it requires a certain level of both game knowledge and skill, something that has depth that most players won't bother, don't have dedication, or doesn't have the time to develop.  A ranking system would help alleviate some of these issues, but I don't think our playerbase is strong enough to warrant dividing lobbies.  If there is one single change I would implement for these players, it would be to reduce rage from melee attacks to give more stun opportunities to help with objectives.

If anyone has any doubt in counselors ability to fend off Jason in Rage, watch this 7 Chads challenge against elite Jasons from last Halloween.  Rules was no escapes and obviously Jason Kill is not a factor.   Of all the games played, only one Jason in a single game was able to kill all Chads attempting to survive the full 20 mins. 

I was checking Deceit (multiplayer fps game of trust and deception) discord and I saw that Automaton, the original Deceit studio got bankrupt. Another company named Baseline Games picked the game up and continues developing it now. But I don't think this will ever happen to F13:TG, otherwise you know something else? It's still gun's decision to continue to make new content or not even after lawsuit ends, right?@tyrant666

On 2/10/2020 at 12:35 PM, aurllcooljay said:

That's the way I prioritized things: Tommy radio>phone>car>boat. If I remember correctly some of the players attempted a Jason kill the previous match, so there was no way I'm letting that happen, which was the only real success. Phone came next before car because I'd rather risk some players escaping than all.

The point of the video was to show how well organized counselors can be. You have to admit tanking the traps so quickly then hiding out in the cabins is pretty clever.

yeah i used to have players in my lobbies friends rather, who would use medic and would literally destroy all of my traps as part 2 so there are many clever ways to exploit jason. i still think the guy who posted the videos is a good jason just some decisions were a bit confusing just because i use part 2 the most and the biggest dangers are obviously cars because of his slow shift and phone because that's a danger for every jason. 

On 2/11/2020 at 5:05 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

The anti rage people argument is your average quick play lobby is not comprised of  elite players who are organized and  you do have your share of trolls and noobs who just hide or don't have a clue or don't care and it ends up with one or 2 people left with a raging Jason and if nothing has been fixed they are pretty much screwed.There are people who purposely go get the sweater now at the start and leave just to take killing off the table for remaining counselors. So I can see both sides of the debate. I don't want piñata parties back though..

Honestly.. The game devs should have made it harder for Jason to find counselors.  And harder for counselors to defend themselves/heal.

They made this game too easy for Jason to find counselors.  And too easy to for counselors to fight back/heal.

Its kind of backwards.   Pinata parties would not exist without all the healing, weapons, and being able to trade hits with Jason.

There really should be NO medic perks.  Should not be able to hold duplicate items.  Not be able to start with weapons. Should only be ONE of each weapon type per map (One frying pan, one bat, etc). Healing should take longer.

At the same time.  Counselors should not drain stamina when jogging. (Only running).    

Jasons sense should only sense sound pings of healthy counselors.  Red Auras should only show when counselors do not have full health (unless they hide in a actual hiding spot).  RAGE sense should still work the same.

Jason should only fall down when shot.  All other attacks should leave Jason standing stunned.    Jason disarms counselors when he lands an attack.

This is really how  it should be^...  It would really make counselors play the way they are supposed to be playing.