While there are quite a few people who feel thay the rage update given to us on January 2019 was a much needed buff, i beg to differ.
I feel that it is ,as some people on reddit say, a "band-aid" fix for the beginner Jasons who didnt have the patience to ride the learning curve. To add to this as a jason player, I don't feel any sense of accomplishment when i kill an entire lobby with my OP abilities.
Its been many months since the rage update and ive noticed that 9 times Outta 10, there will always be a group of trolls who senselessly smack jason all the way to rage mode. As a result, the penalty of their actions falls on the peaceful players who are focused on the objectives.
Another problem with the rage mode is the spam grabbing. The stun invulnerability of post-rage Jason makes it such that counselors can be grabbed instantaneously after being saved . The only way you can escape a grab after rage is to hope for Jason's mask to come off because of which he is stunned momentarily. And this brings me to another grievance , once you're injured post-rage,  doesn't matter if the entire lobby tries to distract jason, you WILL not survive. Again, we have to thank the stun invulnerability for this. I liked this game more than other games such as  DbD because you can atleast fight back but now it has turned more or less into a game of waiting for your stamina to run out.
There are alternatives I can suggest:
- Make all stuns post rage "instant recovery standing stuns" , the ones where you dont have to mash buttons to recover from. This would result in a stun that is about a second long. Very quick recovery but still solves the issue of instant regrabs, being unable to heal when Jason is on top of you, being unable to distract Jason when he's on top of an objective and combat that feels very unrewarding/unresponsive.
-Keep the rage abilities but make it such that the rage meter is unaffected/less boosted by counselors attacking jason so that we dont get the rage mode too early in the game as a result of a group of trolls.
-Remove the stun invulnerability but give jason more throwing knives from the start.
-Remove the stun invulnerability but make counselors recover slower from melee hits so that they cannot instantly hit jason after being slashed.
I got many of these alternatives from Reddit, so Gun Media, kindly go through the F13 subreddits if you want to hear a wider range of opinions on this .
(Note: After the rage update, everybody seems to be using only high stamina characters like Vanessa/Buggzy etc which I cant blame, so many of the other counselors tend to be unused because they just can't survive jason post rage, this is another proof that the game still needs some balancing. Not to mention the number of jason teamers have rapidly increased...)

Also I would like to narrate another incident

I got killed by Jason (and his teaming buddy) and was spectating. I saw that the teamer was hitting Jason repeatedly while the Jason was blocking. At first, it didn't make sense but then I realised what they were upto, it was a quick way to filling up the rage meter. In the blocking stance, the Jason wouldn't get stunned but his meter will still get boosted so it was quite efficient ...

Well, the Jason hit rage within 1-2 minutes of doing this and killed the entire lobby with ease, along with his buddy ofc. Honestly it was so scummy that i left the lobby. So this is one of the many ways that players have wrongfully exploited the rage update and ruined the game for counselors.

Long story short, they're not changing the "rage buff". Troll Jason all you like til rage mode. After that, you might want to be somewhere else.

Don't get me wrong, I don't exactly approve of it. Wasn't necessarily a bad idea, just poor execution. About the only thing the "buff" is really good for, one way or another, is guaranteeing that 99% of the matches played won't last the full 20 minutes. Which translates to the people that die or escape don't have to  sit and watch a couple of asshats chain stunning Jason for 20 minutes because they think it makes them good. If you can still run the clock out on a halfway decent Jason post "buff" then I'd say you might have some skill...

• Like 3

Meh, it's bothersome, but the worst buff for me has got to be a buff not from Jan 2019, but Jan 2018. Jason's movement speed buff from the Pinehurst update is still one of the dumbest changes and makes any counselor not named Chad, Buggzy or Vanessa (Even Tiffany with 6 speed has to sprint quite a bit) forced to burn their stamina without Jason even having to use long shifts. 

I'd say keep the rage buffs, but revert his run/fast walk speed back to 2017. At least that way repair counselors actually have a chance to repair against a good Jason early game. I get the argument if Jason not being able to be two places at once, but 99% of the time in quickplay, that is never going to happen as people are either laser focused on killing Jason, or they are not coordinating to repair two things at once. I know in private matches players are much more organized, but the game should be balanced more around quickplay, not the top 5% of players.

Jason getting his old speed back would be the only nerf I give him, I don't mind him spamming shift and not being able to be stunned during rage. Long shift is easy to counter and there are windows to help replenish stamina. His base movement speed is actually ridiculous though, especially on running Jasons.

Well that's one of the positives, but unfortunately the negatives far outweigh the positives. Honestly they should have gone for the less extreme ways of buffing Jason as i have listed. I just hope this post reaches the devs and makes them consider these ideas.

And yes it does require more skill to play post buff, but if the Jason has even the slightest idea how to play, the counselors won't survive the night :(

Welp, i still stand by the fact that the rage update was the worst but Jason slowing down could help even the playing field even if it's a little bit..

Sorry, but have to disagree. I still see plenty of Counselors killing Jason, escaping and running out the clock.

Granted, some matches are harder/easier due to randomness of map selection, counselor makeup and Jason. 

Just my 2 cents.

• Like 2

Not very common for me, it only happens when i end up in a lobby of lv150s or when a random kill squad joins my lobby. So that makes about 5% of the current playerbase, the remaining 95% , well let's just say they like smacking Jason till rage mode coz they don't know what to do or are just trolls.

before the buff, rage was kinda pointless. its intended to incourage players to be more productive and so jason isnt such a stunned at the cop exit punk ass.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum @hirokc44. It's nice to see a reasonably well written post by a newer member.

The rage buff has been a topic of debate since its release. I regularly play among players on both sides of the fence, and can see where each side is coming from. Jason helpers smacking him senseless early on in the match does tend to fill that meter pretty fast.

The rage buff most likely came about due to Jason getting chain-smacked like a pinata by overzealous players for close to 20 minutes straight in a lot of matches. When the buff first came out, there was an upsurge in players focusing on fixing objectives and escaping, rather than trying to stand toe-to-toe to a slashing legend. Some players were still focused on killing Jason match after match, and found that it is a bit easier to do so currently. There's a reason why the average kill squad has at least 1 Buggzy among them.

Players smacking Jason mindlessly because they don't know what to do can be taught to do otherwise.

Some players can play as any counselor and still survive. It takes more effort with some over others. It also depends on the skill of the counselor player and the Jason player.

@Grape, I see a lot of the same as you. There are as many matches with Jason dying as there are of matches with counselors escaping and/or surviving the night.

@Somethin Cool, I agree about the matches being far less than 20 minutes on average. If people trying to get the 1000 matches as Jason had to do the full 20 each time, most would have given up before reaching the milestone.

@Nougat, balancing around Quick Play would be an interesting idea, if only we could figure out how to balance around the "average" player.

@glowing ooze, Rage does cut down on the humiliation Jason endures near the cop exit. Not falling for it in the first place also cuts down on the humiliation Jason endures.

If the devs actually cared what anyone thought they would just put a toggle on quick play to turn on/off rage melee stuns then everyone could play the way the want

@mattshotcha

In my experience, most pub/quick plays will go for whatever is the easiest method of winning. That goes for any mode where the playerbase is divided in any game., not just F13. The casual/easier mode will be played, the harder mode gets neglected.

Make it optional.. Every 150 level player will spam more Packacrap Small with the rage update turned off.

2 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

In my experience, most pub/quick plays will go for whatever is the easiest method of winning. That goes for any mode where the playerbase is divided in any game., not just F13. The casual/easier mode will be played, the harder mode gets neglected.

Make it optional.. Every 150 level player will spam more Packacrap Small with the rage update turned off.

So if that’s what they want why does it matter? You want the rage no stun on get in a lobby with that selection 

8 minutes ago, Urmomsnewman said:

So if that’s what they want why does it matter? You want the rage no stun on get in a lobby with that selection 

Dividing an already dying/dead playerbase doesn't seem so smart?

Its not like we're talking about 2017 when the playerbase was near 20k. We're talking about a game with nothing new coming, still plenty of bugs, etc.

Better off coming to a compromise.

Keep the stun, but make weapons break instantly in rage. Something sensible that would get more people towards the center.

2 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Its not like we're talking about 2017 when the playerbase was near 20k. We're talking about a game with nothing new coming, still plenty of bugs, etc.

Better off coming to a compromise.

Keep the stun, but make weapons break instantly in rage. Something sensible that would get more people towards the center.

Or they could just leave it the way it is and everyone that's concerned about not being able to stun Jason in rage could simply stop beating the shit out of Jason early in the match...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Since the devs have said it's never being removed or reverted no point in complaining about it.I still say make it timer based and not damage based.Once the 10 minute mark hits he gets rage.That will take the teaming aspect out of it.The Jason beaters can beat the crap out of him until the 10 minute mark.They could even tweak the time but I figured halfway is fair.

• Like 1

Just now, TimDuke 01 said:

Since the devs have said it's never being removed or reverted no point in complaining about it.I still say make it timer based and not damage based.Once the 10 minute mark hits he gets rage.That will take the teaming aspect out of it.The Jason beaters can beat the crap out of him until the 10 minute mark.They could even tweak the time but I figured halfway is fair.

15 minutes right now if the lobby keeps their hands off the Jason

6 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

15 minutes right now if the lobby keeps their hands off the Jason

With no stepping in traps or flare guns? Ok then let's split the difference make it 12.5 minutes.

3 hours ago, Urmomsnewman said:

If the devs actually cared what anyone thought they would just put a toggle on quick play to turn on/off rage melee stuns then everyone could play the way the want

If the developers started catering to every single person that asked for something in this game, it would be worse off than it potentially is.

It's impossible to please every single person in any player base. Keep the majority happy, and that's the best you can hope for.

2 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

At this point, people who insist on playing under specific conditions should just find a static group to play with in Private matches.

23 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Or they could just leave it the way it is and everyone that's concerned about not being able to stun Jason in rage could simply stop beating the shit out of Jason early in the match...

This would make sense, but I doubt many people would have that kind of restraint.

10 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

It may not be removed or reverted, but it could be adjusted.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

It may not be removed or reverted, but it could be adjusted.

Exactly why I suggested Timer based.That would be an adjustment. May not be perfect but I felt it may be a good  compromise.

3 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Exactly why I suggested Timer based.That would be an adjustment. May not be perfect but I felt it may be a good  compromise.

Even with the timer's adjustment, there will probably still be players that insist on smacking Jason senseless. Sadly, some people will never change.

• Like 1

Thanks @Fair Play, I put a lot of thought into this post and I'm glad that y'all appreciate my efforts :)

Honestly I was half expecting to be trolled by Jason mains who are relishing the rage update but I ended up witnessing a very mature discussion from people on both sides of the spectrum. Not to mention a few more reasonable toggles to the overpowered rage which I hadn't thought of.

Now that this post is more visible to the wider public, here's hoping that it captures the attention of the devs and they atleast consider implementing some of the suggestions listed here. 

• Like 1

Look the game needs overhaul on both sides.

Its not happening. These guys have all but closed up shop.

Next update about the update isn't until the end of the year.

No major overhaul is coming. Its over.

Expect a double xp here or there and a couple free copy giveaways of a game less and less people are playing.

That's as far as it goes.

At this juncture of the game’s life span, I’ll agree that there will be no major changes to the rage update. If it was about 12 months ago @hirokc44, I believe your thread would have gotten a lot more attention. With Matt already making comments about why certain things will not be considered due to where the game is in it’s life span, I think you can only realistically expect about 3 more updates to this game. In those updates, don’t expect anything other than them trying to remove the most critical bugs/glitches. There have been some really good suggestions in this topic though, just wish the game was in a better place right now. 

4 hours ago, hirokc44 said:

Thanks @Fair Play, I put a lot of thought into this post and I'm glad that y'all appreciate my efforts :)

Honestly I was half expecting to be trolled by Jason mains who are relishing the rage update but I ended up witnessing a very mature discussion from people on both sides of the spectrum. Not to mention a few more reasonable toggles to the overpowered rage which I hadn't thought of.

Now that this post is more visible to the wider public, here's hoping that it captures the attention of the devs and they atleast consider implementing some of the suggestions listed here. 

Many of us appreciate a good conversation. While there won't be too many of these left to have given the game's age, we still enjoy them while we can.

Don't let people trolling you get in the way of speaking your mind. We all may not all agree here on the forum all the time, but that's fine. I'd like to think the majority of us here love the F13 franchise, as well as this game. You're one of us, so say what you've gotta say.

I agree with both @tyrant666 and @Dragonfire82877. We likely won't see any big changes to the game, though bug fixes and perhaps a small adjustment to balance here and there are still on the table. We're not at the end yet, but we'll see what we have once we cross the finish line.

• Like 1