Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Manny1985

How many more updates do you think we will get?

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, PackASnack_Lodge said:

I personally think we will see 1 to 2 updates at the most. Given that the next update is most likely not going to drop until early 2020 and they are months apart, the next one would be until minimum 2 months to a max of 5 months from that one. I think we will see environmental kills fixed in the next patch then the throwing knife/car exploit fixed in the one after that then that will be it. I could be wrong but it is certainly a high possibility.

Hehe you're very optimistic because all those bugs have been "fixed" before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, JED said:

Hehe you're very optimistic because all those bugs have been "fixed" before.

On the bright side, if they've been fixed before, they can be fixed again. Now, if only they would stay fixed...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Manny1985 said:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/friday-the-13th-the-game-playstation-4/6030201.p?skuId=6030201

 

More signs the end is near. Game going on clearance at best buy. I am guessing two updates at the most now. 

Best Buy is just late to the party. The game dropped in price months ago. It’s a PS4 greatest hit selling for 19.99 most everywhere else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Best Buy is just late to the party. The game dropped in price months ago. It’s a PS4 greatest hit selling for 19.99 most everywhere else. 

I’m referencing the clearance part. They are going to stop carrying it soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

I’m referencing the clearance part. They are going to stop carrying it soon.

It's inevitable.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Matt said, "The game is long in the tooth". Support for this game is on life support. We are looking at 1 to 2 more patches tops. One will be early 2020 and the next fall/winter 2020 and that is it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its ova.

There will never be a day where you could play as a slower counselor and still feel like you could survive being tunneled early game or late or the day where you could play as a Jason with perceived bad strengths and still beat some wanker Tiff/Vanessa who can outjog any running/non running Jason.

One of the easiest fixes they could've made was keeping the jog speed base universally the same with all counselors, but keep the run speed different depending on the stat line. Regardless if the counselor is a fatass like Eric or a skinny minny like Tiff or an athlete like Bugs/Vanessa. Everybody runs out of gas eventually. Which means using jog to keep a distance from Jason should've been a losing scenario for every counselor without some talent. The right stun, a combat dodge, etc.

Likewise when you have a game where all the slower/repair/composure based characters can be described as nothing more than support characters. Its a design problem. Changing Sense would've helped those problems for those types of characters. Also making composure have even more importance to fear would be another. Removing the Jason kill or changing how it works would've kept that from being such a favorable winning mechanic.

Its all old hat though. This game will be going peer to peer eventually. Be prepared for the glory days of the host holding the game hostage as Counselor Or Jason. Especially with lobbies half loaded with teamers. The teamers start dying, the game abruptly ends.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PackASnack_Lodge said:

As Matt said, "The game is long in the tooth". Support for this game is on life support. We are looking at 1 to 2 more patches tops. One will be early 2020 and the next fall/winter 2020 and that is it.

This wouldn't surprise me. The shorter a game's life span, the longer the wait between updates.

9 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Its all old hat though. This game will be going peer to peer eventually. Be prepared for the glory days of the host holding the game hostage as Counselor Or Jason. Especially with lobbies half loaded with teamers. The teamers start dying, the game abruptly ends.

When that happens, it would be wise for everyone to find a good group to run with and avoid those problems.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 9:52 PM, Fair Play said:

It's inevitable.

On PC, people don't buy it at a discount -50%. Few new players. I hope he never dies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/30/2019 at 4:45 PM, The Rain said:

On PC, people don't buy it at a discount -50%. Few new players. I hope he never dies.

Hopefully, the PC players get a few new members here and there.

I would like to see this game last as long as possible, but all good things come to an end at some point.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Figure it will take about 4 more to right everything. Hope it happens.

You and me both.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Count me in too!!

fingers crossed.

28 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Figure it will take about 4 more to right everything. Hope it happens.

 

26 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

You and me both.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Careful what you wish for.  Has the current development team released a single patch that didnt break more things than they fixed?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, RaidCasto said:

Careful what you wish for.  Has the current development team released a single patch that didnt break more things than they fixed?

Despite that circumstance, I still want to see progress.

A lot of things in history didn't go well along the way, but the results got sorted out in the end.

This game could be the same way, or it might not. Let's see what happens...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, RaidCasto said:

Careful what you wish for.  Has the current development team released a single patch that didnt break more things than they fixed?

 

 

They did fix the roof glitch and they’re doing what they can. I don’t blame Black Tower. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/29/2019 at 5:02 PM, tyrant666 said:

Its ova.

There will never be a day where you could play as a slower counselor and still feel like you could survive being tunneled early game or late or the day where you could play as a Jason with perceived bad strengths and still beat some wanker Tiff/Vanessa who can outjog any running/non running Jason.

One of the easiest fixes they could've made was keeping the jog speed base universally the same with all counselors, but keep the run speed different depending on the stat line. Regardless if the counselor is a fatass like Eric or a skinny minny like Tiff or an athlete like Bugs/Vanessa. Everybody runs out of gas eventually. Which means using jog to keep a distance from Jason should've been a losing scenario for every counselor without some talent. The right stun, a combat dodge, etc.

Likewise when you have a game where all the slower/repair/composure based characters can be described as nothing more than support characters. Its a design problem. Changing Sense would've helped those problems for those types of characters. Also making composure have even more importance to fear would be another. Removing the Jason kill or changing how it works would've kept that from being such a favorable winning mechanic.

Its all old hat though. This game will be going peer to peer eventually. Be prepared for the glory days of the host holding the game hostage as Counselor Or Jason. Especially with lobbies half loaded with teamers. The teamers start dying, the game abruptly ends.

Already on p2p in the UK

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Offering my opinion, at most I'd say 2-5 possibly. Although sooner or later the game is going to sink, and it's on it's way to doing so, as I've stopped playing it because one I no loner have Gold on Xbox, and two, it's depressing to see that it needs Gold to play. It would most likely expand there player base too, but it's kinda too late at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2019 at 8:42 PM, Nathan5226 said:

Offering my opinion, at most I'd say 2-5 possibly. Although sooner or later the game is going to sink, and it's on it's way to doing so, as I've stopped playing it because one I no loner have Gold on Xbox, and two, it's depressing to see that it needs Gold to play. It would most likely expand there player base too, but it's kinda too late at this point.

So I take it we aren’t getting any until Jan 2020 the earliest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...