Sign in to follow this  
Manny1985

How many more updates do you think we will get?

From a bug fix standpoint, i think we really only need 2 more patches. Fix the kill glitches, and then the car glitches and this game would be in a good place(just dont break anything else!). 2 more patches after that to play with perk system and fix minor bugs would be nice afterwards too. We will see..

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

From a bug fix standpoint, i think we really only need 2 more patches. Fix the kill glitches, and then the car glitches and this game would be in a good place(just dont break anything else!). 2 more patches after that to play with perk system and fix minor bugs would be nice afterwards too. We will see..

You are forgetting some mistakes.

Like when you call Tommy Jarvis or the police

For the repair of errors if nothing breaks I believe that they would one exclusively for the failures of death another exclusively for the failures of the car, and another in general as the failures of calling police. After the big patch would be some modifications to our beloved JASON that could be after repairing the failures of the deaths so my number is 4

I say 3. Seeing as it takes about six months to roll out an update/patch, I only see them being able to keep the servers up for about another year and a half. That's how I came up with 3 updates/patches. Hopefully I'm wrong and we are still playing this game a few years down the road and it will be bug/glitch free. Unfortunately everything has an expiration date and even Matt has made comments about the game being late in it's life. 

1 hour ago, The Rain said:

You are forgetting some mistakes.

Like when you call Tommy Jarvis or the police

What mistakes? I haven't had any issues with either. Although i did have one match where the cb radio never spawned. Have never seen that before nor has anyone else that I have talked to.

id say about 3 more is a reasonable guess. the broken kills, the car problems, and maybe one more to smooth things out i guess haha..

if they couldnt fix the car problems, which i believe would prove the most difficult, i hope they at least make it so the brats inside the car just die so the match isnt stuck in limbo. wouldnt be perfect but itd at least keep the match moving.

id like to see some better combat for jason or mask HP.. or of course my danger zone double weapon strength idea would be too much to ask for HA

In an ideal world (one without the lawsuit), we could have had a monthly update that would be for balance adjustments and minor bug fixes. New content could have been dropped every 3-4 months to keep the game growing. Too bad that ship has long since sailed.

As far as now, at the rate of about six months per update, I'd say 2-3 and that'll be it. I'm hoping for the best in that our final update will give us offline access to our progress, and we could at the very least still be able to play online with P2P connections. The occasional increases in XP/CP would hopefully be made permanent at that point as well, as a nice parting gift for the players who are not already capped.

The game is definitely on its last legs. I don’t think we are getting any big announcements at this point either. That updated perk system the developers mentioned a while back is never happening.

3 hours ago, Manny1985 said:

The game is definitely on its last legs. I don’t think we are getting any big announcements at this point either. That updated perk system the developers mentioned a while back is never happening.

It's not over until it's over, but I wouldn't bet against you on that one.

1 hour ago, Dolemite said:

We still get updates?

It's less frequent, but yes. Environmental kills are the prime focus at the moment.

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Environmental kills are the prime focus at the moment.

I think they should fix the car problems before the environmental kills. 

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I think they should fix the car problems before the environmental kills.

Hopefully that's next on the list.

On 10/17/2019 at 4:49 PM, Fair Play said:

It's less frequent, but yes. Environmental kills are the prime focus at the moment.

Actually, it wasn't so much a question as it was a sarcastic comment. Sorry about that.

All you have to do is watch Aldermach/BewareofBears fair documentary about the downfall of the game for context as to what happened. Though I do wonder if they made it now would they have left the ending with such blind optimism as they did originally? My guess is probably not.

Alternatively. You can watch Pappus death of the game documentary which is even more critical of the devs and Gun than Aldermatch/Beware's video was, complete with lies, scam and theories.

And he does make a valid point about the DLC. Even if the lawsuit wasn't in the way, the playerbase was ALREADY DYING long before the lawsuit was even a thing. The harsh truth is the doors would've likely closed one way or another because the cost stays high and with diminishing playerbase returns. We probably would've gotten Uber/Grendel/Pajama/new packs for DLC counselors and then good bye.

17 minutes ago, shatteredjay said:

Once the servers are gone that's all we have.

More than likely it will be peer to peer once servers go away.Not the best but better than nothing unless they can get some kind of host migration.