Sign in to follow this  
Shainto

Anything from this week's stream?

I got as far as them saying the next patch won't be ready until sometime near the end of the year.

That was enough for me to close the stream.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

I got as far as them saying the next patch won't be ready until sometime near the end of the year.

Does it really matter? I mean all the "patches" this game gets are to fix some bugs from the last patch. Seriously the roof glitch has been a thing since the game released and its still a thing now. I guess the lawsuit doesn't allow them to ever fix the game either.🙄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

HAHAHAHA that’s funny a shit. What are they redesigning the whole game? Did they at least say what “the team is looking into” that’s being patched?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JED said:

Seriously the roof glitch has been a thing since the game released and its still a thing now. .🙄

Really??? I haven’t seen anyone on the roof since they patched it. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Oops

Edited by NickersLarge
Sorry I tried to quote last 2 posts so it wouldn’t be a double post but it didn’t work and I couldn’t delete this one so now my double post is a triple fucked up mess post. I know I’m really talented.
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Well, the exact words from Matt were "We don't intend to have concrete news on the next patch for Friday the 13th until we are closer to the end of 2019". With that in mind, the only thing we can (mostly) be sure to get near the end of the year is a status update, it sadly doesn't mean that the patch itself will be out at that time.

At least he also mentioned that while the environmental kills issue is the #1 priority, the team will also check for other smaller fixes that they can put into that patch. Just don't expect the knife/car physics bug to be one of those fixes. Matt already said back in August that they anticipate this bug to be a major undertaking and that the issue is "Deep rooted, similar to the roof and interaction issues, but even deeper in the code.".

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, makred78 said:

Well, the exact words from Matt were "We don't intend to have concrete news on the next patch for Friday the 13th until we are closer to the end of 2019". With that in mind, the only thing we can (mostly) be sure to get near the end of the year is a status update, it sadly doesn't mean that the patch itself will be out at that time.

At least he also mentioned that while the environmental kills issue is the #1 priority, the team will also check for other smaller fixes that they can put into that patch. Just don't expect the knife/car physics bug to be one of those fixes. Matt already said back in August that they anticipate this bug to be a major undertaking and that the issue is "Deep rooted, similar to the roof and interaction issues, but even deeper in the code.".

So its worse really.

Update about the update at the end of the year.

Between now and then, maybe a double xp for christmas and a couple free giveaways of a game less and less people are playing.

• Haha 1

That’s really disappointing. I thought patches would come out faster with the new company involved. Especially the car/knife and environment kill issues are really crappy

btw, can an admin change the title from weed to weeks please?

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

That sucks....

It is quite unfortunate.

16 minutes ago, makred78 said:

Thanks for a quick summary of the stream. I was following them on Youtube, until they stopped uploading them there. I'm guessing they are busy, and may resume uploading them at a later date. In the meantime, summaries by those here are better than nothing. Thanks again.

12 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Between now and then, maybe a double xp for christmas and a couple free giveaways of a game less and less people are playing.

The next Friday the 13th is in December, so I'd be inclined to agree.

6 minutes ago, The Rain said:

Until the end of the year just to have news? really? this stinks too much...

That's not much of a Christmas gift. I guess I'll have to send bottles of one's favorite beverage to compensate. 😎

5 minutes ago, Shainto said:

That’s really disappointing. I thought patches would come out faster with the new company involved. Especially the car/knife and environment kill issues are really crappy

btw, can an admin change the title from weed to weeks please?

They don't seem to have many people working on the fix, as Gun and Black Tower each have a small number of staff members to my understanding. That would explain the time between patches. It's also possible they may have another project in the works. As I don't work for either, it's the best guess I could make at this point.

This is completely unacceptable timing for fixing the damn game. 

Great fucking devs we have

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JED said:

Seriously the roof glitch has been a thing since the game released and its still a thing now. I guess the lawsuit doesn't allow them to ever fix the game either.🙄

When is the last time you played the game? Roof glitch has been gone for a while now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

maybe a double xp for christmas

Sorry I don’t mean to sound like a dick but, fuck double xp!!!!! It shouldn’t  even be announced anymore it should just show up. When they announce it, it feels like they think they are giving us this great thing, when It’s really aN easy way to give people something that doesn’t cost them time or money. Just a quick code input

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, NickersLarge said:

Sorry I don’t mean to sound like a dick but, fuck double xp!!!!! It shouldn’t  even be announced anymore it should just show up. When they announce it, it feels like they think they are giving us this great thing, when It’s really aN easy way to give people something that doesn’t cost them time or money. Just a quick code input

Agreed.

Moreover given the state of the playerbase.

IT SHOULD BE PERMANENT.

26 minutes ago, Fair Play said:
  41 minutes ago, The Rain said:

Until the end of the year just to have news? really? this stinks too much...

That's not much of a Christmas gift. I guess I'll have to send bottles of one's favorite beverage to compensate. 😎

OK, I'll wait for drinks too, but don't make me wait for next year ☺️ haha

19 minutes ago, NickersLarge said:

If they don't announce it, then people who don't play as much would miss out. Now, if it was made permanent, then it would be a nice surprise to anyone who comes back to the game.

7 minutes ago, Shainto said:

I think they should just leave on double xp. The grind is too slow without it. 

The slow grind does run some people away from the game. I think the bugs run more people away.

7 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Agreed.

Moreover given the state of the playerbase.

IT SHOULD BE PERMANENT.

It couldn't hurt to make it permanent. The question is, would they consider it?

As the end of the game's life cycle (once support is abandoned), I could see it very likely they might do this.

6 minutes ago, The Rain said:

OK, I'll wait for drinks too, but don't make me wait for next year ☺️ haha

At this point, you'll likely get drinks before the next patch comes out. 😎

1 hour ago, NickersLarge said:

Really??? I haven’t seen anyone on the roof since they patched it. 

Hehe well it's been patched more then once. Seriously all you have to do is Google Friday the 13th the game roof glitch and look at all the dates. 

24 minutes ago, PackASnack_Lodge said:

So they brought environment kills into the game awhile ago and it’s been really game breaking since, and this is their urgency for their mistakes? And also the other bugs the game has as well? 
GUN MEDIA GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

So they brought environment kills into the game awhile ago and it’s been really game breaking since, and this is their urgency for their mistakes? And also the other bugs the game has as well? 
GUN MEDIA GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER. 

There has been Environmental kills since the game came out, they have been broken for a little while now and going by what was said on stream that the next patch won't drop until next year. Again this is just based on what Matt said on stream

2 minutes ago, PackASnack_Lodge said:

There has been Environmental kills since the game came out, they have been broken for a little while now and going by what was said on stream that the next patch won't drop until next year. Again this is just based on what Matt said on stream

Hey man, could you do me a solid and make an introduction post when you get a second. It helps the Mods, who do this for love of the game and is appreciated by the community we have left. 

Welcome to camp by the way.

2 hours ago, JED said:

Hehe well it's been patched more then once. Seriously all you have to do is Google Friday the 13th the game roof glitch and look at all the dates. 

You weren't kidding.

45 minutes ago, PackASnack_Lodge said:

Here is a clip of Matt talking about the patch.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BovineRockyWalletYee

Thanks for the clip.

Given the amount of time between patches. the first part of next year sounds about right. It sucks to have to wait that long though.