Sign in to follow this  
Fair Play

Movie Suggestions

As it is the month of October, I'm watching 2 horror movies a day. I was hoping to get some suggestions from some of our movie experts here on the forum. Excluding the movie franchises that we're all quite familiar with, do you have some recommendations that one should see, based on your own experiences? Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

If you haven't seen Trick R Treat, that's a good one. I also recommend a movie called Malevolence. Lesser known movies, but pretty good ones. I have more suggestions if you want 

Also, I'm sure you already have, but if you haven't I recommend both versions of The Fog. I like them both. I just watched Hell Fest and it was pretty good, too

The original Pet Sematary and the 2019 reboot are pretty good, i'd recommend em

@Fair Play

The Collector and The Collection are very good horror movies.

I recently watched a movie called Head Count on Netflix that keeped me guessing till the very end with what would happen........the creature effects aren’t well done by any means it won’t be held in high regard by anyone but it was entertaining for me.

@SonofOdin6039, I haven't seen the newer rendition of The Fog. I'll take a look at that one.

@HaydenX, I will look into the newer Pet Cemetery. It looked more intense than the original from the trailers I've seen.

@OCT 31 1978, I don't think I've seen any of those three. I'll add them all to the list.

Thanks for the great suggestions everybody. Keep 'em coming. 😎

• Like 2

7 hours ago, UberJAson45 said:

My best suggestion is Jeepers creepers 1&2

Also Summer of 84 is a great horror mystery movie 

There is also a Jeepers creepers 3!

@Fair Play

It Follows

Us

A Quite Place 

Sinister 1 & 2

@UberJAson45, I will add Summer of '84 to my watch list. I love watching the Jeepers Creepers trilogy.

@OCT 31 1978, I'm adding A Quiet Place, and Sinister 1 & 2 to the list. I enjoyed It Follows and Us.

@SonofOdin6039, I'm adding The Woman in Black and John Carpenter's The Thing to the list. I enjoyed Ghost Ship and Grave Encounters.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

@UberJAson45, I will add Summer of '84 to my watch list. I love watching the Jeepers Creepers trilogy.

@OCT 31 1978, I'm adding A Quiet Place, and Sinister 1 & 2 to the list. I enjoyed It Follows and Us.

@SonofOdin6039, I'm adding The Woman in Black and John Carpenter's The Thing to the list. I enjoyed Ghost Ship and Grave Encounters.

Rock on. I'm glad you liked them

On 10/7/2019 at 5:23 PM, Fair Play said:

@Fair Play

Have you ever seen John Carpenters The Thing?

It is truly a magnificent film one of my absolute favorite films ever....

if you have not seen it make sure to Watch The Prequel Movie by the Same name The Thing made in 2011..... it tells the story of the Norwegian camp that discovers the Alien before R.J. MacReadys’ group.... it is not as Good as John Carpenters film but very enjoyable if you are a fan of The Thing.

24 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@Fair Play

if you have not seen it make sure to Watch The Prequel Movie by the Same name The Thing made in 2011..... it tells the story of the Norwegian camp that discovers the Alien before R.J. MacReadys’ group.... it is not as Good as John Carpenters film but very enjoyable if you as a fan of The Thing.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Dario Argento's DEMONS and DEMONS 2 are a must see, if you haven't. Another old one that is forgotten by some is NIGHT OF THE CREEPS. Recommended.

And this is a well-known classic, but would be remiss not to say THE RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD (part 1).

THE CHILDREN (1980) should be seen at least once. If you're doing 2 a day, you can probably squeeze it in.

INVADERS FROM MARS (1986), THE STUFF (1985), and PROPHECY (1979) are pretty old too, but still classics.

TROLL (1986) and CRITTERS (1986) make a fun double feature, too.

And maybe HOUSE 1 & 2 and GHOULIES 1 & 2.

Finally, not sure if this is a horror movie, but would fit (feels like horror): THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM (1991 version).

•  

I recently watched and enjoyed Possum. The aesthetics of decay, loneliness, and despair made for a chilling experience.

The Last Shift is an interesting take on the haunted house genre.

The Voices is horror-adjacent, but a delightful surprise.

Bone Tomahawk was unexpectedly brutal.

I assumed based on your post you were looking for things off the beaten path.

@UberJAson45, I watched that movie on Oct. 1. It's a personal favorite of mine, and I watch it every year for that reason. I've heard talks about the possibility of a couple projects tied to this film. I hope they pan out.

@Smitty_Voorhees, I'm adding Demons 1&2, The Children, Prophecy, Troll, House 1&2, and The Pit and the Pendulum to my watch list.

I've seen and come to enjoy The Return of the Living Dead, The Critters (all of them), The Stuff, Ghoulies 1&2, and Invaders From Mars.

@NthnButAGoodTime, you got the intent behind my initial post. I will be adding Possum, The Last Shift, The Voices, and Bone Tomahawk to my watch list.

All in all, I appreciate any and all suggestions that everyone has made so far. You are a totally awesome bunch of people.

• Like 3

Amityville 1&2 are good movies just don't watch 3rd one it's garbage 

Also Salem's lot is a great movie based off the book by Stephen king just a heads up it's 3 hours long but it's worth it 

13 hours ago, Fair Play said:

@NthnButAGoodTime, you got the intent behind my initial post. I will be adding Possum, The Last Shift, The Voices, and Bone Tomahawk to my watch list.

I would love it if you came back a delivered your thoughts on what you ended up watching.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2019 at 8:41 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

@Fair Play

if you have not seen it make sure to Watch The Prequel Movie by the Same name The Thing made in 2011..... it tells the story of the Norwegian camp that discovers the Alien before R.J. MacReadys’ group.... it is not as Good as John Carpenters film but very enjoyable if you as a fan of The Thing.

I loved both those movies. The original was aboit as scary as they come

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 2:23 PM, SonofOdin6039 said:

Dark Night of the Scarecrow - 1981. Another great classic from the 80s

This movie scared the crap out of me as a kid!

I actually watched it on dvd recently it is a very good scary Tv movie that was ahead of its time.

@UberJAson45 I just watched killer clowns the other day it’s been another favorite of mine for forever!! 
I real love the soundtrack !

8 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I actually watched it on dvd it is a very good scary Tv movie that was ahead of its time.

You and me both, bro! It took me forever to go up to my grandfather's farm after seeing that movie. Still as good as ever

• Like 1

15 hours ago, UberJAson45 said:

Amityville 1&2 are good movies just don't watch 3rd one it's garbage 

Also Salem's lot is a great movie based off the book by Stephen king just a heads up it's 3 hours long but it's worth it 

I think I watched the first Amityville many years ago. I don't remember it well, so I'll watch all three, as well as Salem's Lot.

6 hours ago, NthnButAGoodTime said:

I would love it if you came back a delivered your thoughts on what you ended up watching.

I will gladly do that. I'll give you a breakdown of what I watched each day of the month, and my opinion on each.

48 minutes ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

Dark Night of the Scarecrow - 1981. Another great classic from the 80s

I will be adding this to the list as well.

7 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I actually watched it on dvd it is a very good scary Tv movie that was ahead of its time.

@UberJAson45 I just watched killer clowns the other day it been another favorite of mine for forever!! 
I real love the soundtrack !

The Killer Klowns soundtrack is currently on my Halloween music playlist.

• Like 2