DorianRo

Next patch, how about a Jason that doesn't get knocked to the ground with one swing of a baseball bat

IF there is a "next patch".  Just a standard stun that you can repeatedly hit a button to get out of "stun mode"   much like when he gets trapped at a door? 

Oh here is the 😥 👶🏻 back at it again crying about getting stunned. Seriously tho, you just use this forum as a place to do nothing but complain about getting stunned as jason. Maybe improve your combat skills and get help in that aspect of the game instead of doing nothing except complaining. 

I think the stuns are fine, it’s just a chance at stun not a guarantee. And plus he’s got rage to where he can’t even be stunned with melee weapons anymore. 

Next patch I’d rather them delete the rage buff bandaid and fix Jason’s combat stance. Quick block (get into block fast), no block/swing delay, a lot more mask hp, in rage mode he has less chance of stun instead of Being completely invincible from melee weapons. Oh, and if they could fix all the bugs that’d be great to. 

None of the true buffs Jason needs will happen though. It’s just lazy bandaids is all we’ll get. Most we can do is just get really good at combat as jason. Jason is a beast in the right hands

The stuns are fine as is.

If we even get another patch I would much rather have them focus on fixing the environmental kills, interaction locks, knife car glitch, drawer glitch, etc. instead of changing gameplay mechanics than on one will agree on and are fine as they are.

Wow.. Just played a game where every time I went to grab and/or slice a Vanessa about 10-15 times  with a pig splitter she would disappear and end up 10 feet in front of me the next second? (It wasn't the connection cause it didn't happen with any of the counselors).  Naturally she knocked my ass into the dirt with baseball bat.  So her shots connected.      Gimme a break!!!  FIX THIS CRAP!!!   What a JOKE!!   May as well Put Jason in a pink dress against these exploiters/glitchers

9 hours ago, DorianRo said:

Wow.. Just played a game where every time I went to grab and/or slice a Vanessa about 10-15 times  with a pig splitter she would disappear and end up 10 feet in front of me the next second? (It wasn't the connection cause it didn't happen with any of the counselors).  Naturally she knocked my ass into the dirt with baseball bat.  So her shots connected.      Gimme a break!!!  FIX THIS CRAP!!!   What a JOKE!!   May as well Put Jason in a pink dress against these exploiters/glitchers

Are you done yet? The Vanessa you're referring to IS a cheating cunt, but it's nothing that can't be dealt with. When she comes towards you and swings hit L1 to quicktoss a knife, then grab.  If she's still laying you out block the hit in combat stance then press L3 (as if sprinting towards her) and then L2 to grab.

Edit:

The purpose of quick tossing a knife is to interrupt the counselors swing animation. If you TK a sliding counselor (that's what this cheap-ass pussy move is called by the way) it will more or less "freeze" (stop all movement) them and will give you a very brief window of opportunity to grab. This of course is dependent on whether or not the counselor is facing you as well as how close they are, but from my own personal experience, when they swing they are usually very close to you, but still just barely out of grab range. The interruption from the TK buys you about 1/2 a second, so make it count.

• Like 1

I don’t think it will be in this game, but hopefully in the future they could do a Monster Hunter style stun system where stun damage accumulated until a stun threshold is met. Say each weapon has stun damage and physical/normal damage. There are multiple stun thresholds for a number of stun points accumulated. Say first stun threshold is 100 stun damage accumulated, next threshold is 120, then 170, then 250, etc. the premise being each new stun threshold is a bit harder to reach than the last. A gun would do like 300 stun damage so if you used a gun on Jason early in the match then you’d effectively make it harder to stun him for the rest of the match because you’d jack him up several stun levels. Eventually stun gaps would be so many points apart that it wouldn’t be worth trying to combat Jason at that point unless you were a combat focused counselor or Tommy or in a group. Eventually the stun gap is so big you effectively make him instunnable unless you wail on him for several minutes.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Are you done yet? The Vanessa you're referring to IS a cheating cunt, but it's nothing that can't be dealt with. When she comes towards you and swings hit L1 to quicktoss a knife, then grab.  If she's still laying you out block the hit in combat stance then press L3 (as if sprinting towards her) and then L2 to grab.

Exactly this. Let's not sit here and pretend sliding is anything new. @DorianRo if you don't know how to counter it by now there's not much hope...

57 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I don’t think it will Allen in this game, but hopefully in the future they could do a Monster Hunter style stun system where stun damage accumulated until a stun threshold is met. Say each weapon has stun damage and physical/normal damage. There are multiple stun thresholds for a number of stun points accumulated. Say first stun threshold is 100 stun damage accumulated, next threshold is 120, then 170, then 250, etc. the premise being each new stun threshold is a bit harder to reach than the last. A gun would do like 300 stun damage so if you used a gun on Jason early in the match then you’d effectively make it harder to stun him for the rest of the match because you’d jack him up several stun levels. Eventually stun gaps would be so many points apart that it wouldn’t be worth trying to combat Jason at that point unless you were a combat focused counselor or Tommy or in a group. Eventually the stun gap is so big you effectively make him instunnable unless you wail on him for several minutes.

You do realize what happens if the hit doesn't stun right?

Seriously people it's not like the game just came out yesterday...

24 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

You do realize what happens if the hit doesn't stun right?

Seriously people it's not like the game just came out yesterday...

It’s not a guarantee that Jason will grab and/or kill the counselor even when it doesn’t stun. I’ve avoided grabs in this situation. Plus I’m talking about an entirely different future game that doesn’t exist yet.

18 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

It’s not a guarantee that Jason will grab and/or kill the counselor even when it doesn’t stun. I’ve avoided grabs in this situation. Plus I’m talking about an entirely different future game that doesn’t exist yet.

He’s talking about the hit doing damage to Jason since non stun hits do more damage

reason why I have my buffs to Jason listed above would be better than the rage buff. 

the rage buff was both a buff and nerf. It makes it extremely easy to de mask and kill Jason when he’s in rage. As the kill wasn’t already easy enough as is the devs make it easier. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

He’s talking about the hit doing damage to Jason since non stun hits do more damage

reason why I have my buffs to Jason listed above would be better than the rage buff. 

the rage buff was both a buff and nerf. It makes it extremely easy to de mask and kill Jason when he’s in rage. As the kill wasn’t already easy enough as is the devs make it easier. 

Well I’m talking about a different stun system. For a different game. We’re stuck with the RNG stun chance in this one but a different game can have different mechanics. Like in Minster Hunter weapons do both stun and normal damage, just in different ratios compared to other weapons. A monster still takes health damage when stunned. So I’m just saying a non-rng stun system can work for a different F13 game with different mechanics.

On 10/2/2019 at 8:11 PM, DorianRo said:

IF there is a "next patch".  Just a standard stun that you can repeatedly hit a button to get out of "stun mode"   much like when he gets trapped at a door? 

We'll still get patches, though they seem to take longer than in the past. If they fix more things than they break, then perhaps it is worth the wait.

On 10/2/2019 at 8:15 PM, DontZzz34 said:

None of the true buffs Jason needs will happen though. It’s just lazy bandaids is all we’ll get. Most we can do is just get really good at combat as jason. Jason is a beast in the right hands

Given the limits of the development team, we should be grateful to be getting anything at this point. They could just stop altogether if they wanted.

On 10/2/2019 at 8:21 PM, Rabid-child said:

If we even get another patch I would much rather have them focus on fixing the environmental kills, interaction locks, knife car glitch, drawer glitch, etc. instead of changing gameplay mechanics than on one will agree on and are fine as they are.

It's to my understanding that environmental kills are a main focus at this point. I guess it's one thing at a time. If it all gets fixed someday, I don't care about the timetable.

18 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I don’t think it will be in this game, but hopefully in the future they could do a Monster Hunter style stun system where stun damage accumulated until a stun threshold is met. Say each weapon has stun damage and physical/normal damage. There are multiple stun thresholds for a number of stun points accumulated. Say first stun threshold is 100 stun damage accumulated, next threshold is 120, then 170, then 250, etc. the premise being each new stun threshold is a bit harder to reach than the last. A gun would do like 300 stun damage so if you used a gun on Jason early in the match then you’d effectively make it harder to stun him for the rest of the match because you’d jack him up several stun levels. Eventually stun gaps would be so many points apart that it wouldn’t be worth trying to combat Jason at that point unless you were a combat focused counselor or Tommy or in a group. Eventually the stun gap is so big you effectively make him instunnable unless you wail on him for several minutes.

Someone may implement this idea in a game similar to this in the future.

Stun is fine as it is, the baseball bat IS SUPPOSED TO STUN ALOT, that’s why it has a terrible amount of times you can hit before it breaks.    The Vanessa was cheating, it’s called sliding, but that’s different then weapons in general. 

Im sorry they ruined that match, but the games systems work mostly fine for now.