tyrant666

Do People Actually Believe With A Cash Flow That This Game Would Get Worthwhile Gameplay Content?

I mean lets be real.

We aren't talking about clothing packs or lame emotes. We aren't talking about new maps or new Jasons.

We're talking about new elements to the game. We aren't even talking about Paranoia or a new game mode.

We're talking about new gameplay elements that could be added, but counted as 'content' thanks to the cash flow from new clothing packs and whatnot.

For instance , as Pappus said in his 'death of the game' documentary. The game really only added two new things in the less than one year life cycle of the game.

- Push mechanic where the counselors could push one another to prevent counselors from keeping other counselors from moving

- The UI changes that allowed counselors to see the objective items on the map once touched and released

Other than that. Nothing new. I know people will say the rage change, but to me that's not really new as its merely value changes disguised as something new.

Awhile back, there was some kind of reddit post that alleged counselors were to be getting fanny packs. Something that would allow counselors to hold an additional item. So now in theory the counselors could hold 8 sprays if they had medic. The reddit post wasn't clear if these were going to a new perk or something counselors could find on the map in drawers or around campfires and only in limited capacity or enough for everyone.

Still, such a new gameplay element that most definitely would've buffed counselor play would've been met with heavy backlash.

So basically...the question still stands. The game got two new gameplay related things in less than a year with 'cash flow' from content. Do people think the vanilla mode would've actually gotten new things or would it have remained same old in order to not offend the playerbase? Keep in mind, they don't talk about the future of the game much in order not to rile up the playerbase, so we're left to speculate or see others datamine, which is mostly non gameplay related content.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

I mean lets be real.

We aren't talking about clothing packs or lame emotes. We aren't talking about new maps or new Jasons.

We're talking about new elements to the game. We aren't even talking about Paranoia or a new game mode.

We're talking about new gameplay elements that could be added, but counted as 'content' thanks to the cash flow from new clothing packs and whatnot.

For instance , as Pappus said in his 'death of the game' documentary. The game really only added two new things in the less than one year life cycle of the game.

- Push mechanic where the counselors could push one another to prevent counselors from keeping other counselors from moving

- The UI changes that allowed counselors to see the objective items on the map once touched and released

Other than that. Nothing new. I know people will say the rage change, but to me that's not really new as its merely value changes disguised as something new.

Awhile back, there was some kind of reddit post that alleged counselors were to be getting fanny packs. Something that would allow counselors to hold an additional item. So now in theory the counselors could hold 8 sprays if they had medic. The reddit post wasn't clear if these were going to a new perk or something counselors could find on the map in drawers or around campfires and only in limited capacity or enough for everyone.

Still, such a new gameplay element that most definitely would've buffed counselor play would've been met with heavy backlash.

So basically...the question still stands. The game got two new gameplay related things in less than a year with 'cash flow' from content. Do people think the vanilla mode would've actually gotten new things or would it have remained same old in order to not offend the playerbase? Keep in mind, they don't talk about the future of the game much in order not to rile up the playerbase, so we're left to speculate or see others datamine, which is mostly non gameplay related content.

There's only so much they could add realistically. What would've kept it going would've been new maps. New kills. New weapons. New Jasons. I suppose paranoia could have brought other new content. Idk. But either way it doesn't matter now.

2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

There's only so much they could add realistically. What would've kept it going would've been new maps. New kills. New weapons. New Jasons. I suppose paranoia could have brought other new content. Idk. But either way it doesn't matter now.

Agree. Maps, Jasons, and kills were what the playerbase was craving, aside from Single Player Challenges. Jason X/Grendel map would've kept the water boiling for a good while longer.

• Thanks 1

i dont think it was an incredibly bad place for them to have to stop. if they had more kills & a few more maps i would be fine with that. as much as i like the challange mode, i would have gave that up for kills & maps. doing so would leave very little to do offline, but after all its designed to be an online multiplayer game anyways. it sucks REAL bad that they couldnt add everything they had in the works but we did end up with a great game none the less.

Personally, I'm glad they added offline content such as the bots and challenge mode. The servers aren't going to be going forever on this game, and as a huge Friday the 13th fan, this is one game I would like to revisit from time to time in the future.

• Like 1

Simple gameplay related changes that count as content could've gone a long way.

If they were to add a gameplay element like a fanny pack that allowed counselors to hold an additional item.

Simple balances.

- Only 4 of them spawn

- They can spawn in drawers or near campsites like a knife, spray, etc

To counter that. I would add a throwable one hit kill weapon for Jason. There would be 4 such weapons on the map. 2 wooden spears and 2 harpoon guns.

Simple balances.

- Only 4 of them

- Harpoon guns would be randomized based on docks or shorelines on small maps...counselors wouldn't see them..they would be easier to find, but harder to land a direct hit

- Wooden Spears would be harder to find, but have a bigger hit radius. They can spawn inside any cabin, big or small or outside areas not just including campsites

- If Jason grabs one of these weapons, he has to drop his knives or his traps in that place...he can always come back for them later..and he can only carry one at a time. Good for loopers or landing a crucial one hit kill in a kill squad, like Tommy or the sweater girl, making them think twice about surrounding you with a long range kill weapon that does the deed in one hit.

Without the lawsuit I think there would have been additions to gameplay mechanics.

Here are a few things I would have liked to see :

1) Jason be able to change weapons mid game.

2) Allow 2 players to respawn as the cops.

3) Play as a counselor in first person.

4) Give Jason specific kill conditions.

5) Add wheelchair and crawling state to counselor play.

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2019 at 9:43 AM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I would love for this game to be back to being active....I want the dlc that was said to be coming......

What DLC?

All I want is them to bring the old engine back with the old graphics, animations, intros and customisation screens, as well as keeping bots in, because I won't be able to experience all the old stuff that returned if I had to wait an eternity to get in an EMPTY lobby.

1 minute ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

What was the DLC going to be?

Jason X, his map, Jason 8's map, pajama pack for counselors, lingerie pack for counselors, kill packs for the other Jason variants…..

Just now, Dragonfire82877 said:

Jason X, his map, Jason 8's map, pajama pack for counselors, lingerie pack for counselors, kill packs for the other Jason variants…..

My god. Such wasted potential. Well, we will see what the future brings. I just want the old graphics and everything that was there before the new shitty engine lul

• Like 1

the sad truth NO it wont its not even a accurate game its just a mishmash of what the developers think jason is and stuff they made up  lets hope ppl lose intrest in this an it gets put in the 1 bin at the dolar store an then later in the future a real game developer makes a good real accurate version of friday the 13th

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

the sad truth NO it wont its not even a accurate game its just a mishmash of what the developers think jason is and stuff they made up  lets hope ppl lose intrest in this an it gets put in the 1 bin at the dolar store an then later in the future a real game developer makes a good real accurate version of friday the 13th

One where the counselors aren't hunting Jason is a good start. LOL.  These developers would be great to Make the maps/ambiance/Attention to Detail.  But thats probably where I would leave it.  Someone else needs to be involved in the gameplay for sure.   To make it more like a TRUE F13 game.  Where Jason isn't running from counselors.  Where "kill squads" are not present.  Where you can only escape by the skin of your teeth and Jason is next to IMPOSSIBLE to kill.  Not where Hes getting killed daily/demasked daily 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

2 hours ago, DorianRo said:

One where the counselors aren't hunting Jason is a good start. LOL.  These developers would be great to Make the maps/ambiance/Attention to Detail.  But thats probably where I would leave it.  Someone else needs to be involved in the gameplay for sure.   To make it more like a TRUE F13 game.  Where Jason isn't running from counselors.  Where "kill squads" are not present.  Where you can only escape by the skin of your teeth and Jason is next to IMPOSSIBLE to kill.  Not where Hes getting killed daily/demasked daily 

NOBODY is going to play a game where they die to every shit talking ten year old in the world.

There's a reason the counselors can fight back. And don't tell me they didn't hunt Jason in the movies...

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

All I want is them to bring the old engine back with the old graphics, animations, intros and customisation screens, as well as keeping bots in, because I won't be able to experience all the old stuff that returned if I had to wait an eternity to get in an EMPTY lobby.

I doubt we'll see the old engine come  back. As much as it might please some players, I don't think it's happening.

We'll probably keep the bots, as the offline content is enjoyed by many people.

11 hours ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

My god. Such wasted potential. Well, we will see what the future brings. I just want the old graphics and everything that was there before the new shitty engine lul

If you were to get the old stuff back, you'd probably lose the new stuff.

6 hours ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

Video games on the market are rarely 100% accurately based on the source material of a movie. Some aspects of a movie don't always translate well into a game.

6 hours ago, DorianRo said:

I personally think no matter what is done, kill squads will likely always be an issue. It's just how some gamers are these days.

The same holds true with trolls in this game.

3 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

NOBODY is going to play a game where they die to every shit talking ten year old in the world.

There's a reason the counselors can fight back. And don't tell me they didn't hunt Jason in the movies...

Some people will likely play. No matter what happens with this game, there are those will still play it.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 10:24 AM, Fair Play said:

I doubt we'll see the old engine come  back. As much as it might please some players, I don't think it's happening.

We'll probably keep the bots, as the offline content is enjoyed by many people.

If you were to get the old stuff back, you'd probably lose the new stuff..

A trade off that I'm willing to take, thats how desperate I am to go back to the old times in the game lol.

4 hours ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

A trade off that I'm willing to take, thats how desperate I am to go back to the old times in the game lol.

The players who have come to enjoy some of the content after the engine update might not quite feel the same way.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

They can add in the clothing and kills /stalk features from the SPCs into multiplayer and it would not be new content since they are existing assets. 

4 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

They can add in the clothing and kills /stalk features from the SPCs into multiplayer and it would not be new content since they are existing assets. 

The question is, if they are able to, would they?

• Like 1

If I was in charge of this game id be selling kill packs for $10 a pop.   And there would be tons of kill packs.   

Lawsuit or no lawsuit.  Would not matter.   

On 10/3/2019 at 4:03 PM, Somethin Cool said:

No one wants to play a game where a ten year old is Jason and gets beat on for 20 minutes straight either with not much of a defense. I think the Rage mode resolved this issue for about 80% of the matches. If you run into players that want to kill Jason, then the beat down will resume and end with death. I think the majority of players that have stuck around and are still fans prefer a stronger Jason then counselor, but doesn't really matter at this point as I don't think we will see anymore balance changes coming in the future.