Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posting here too because from experience they don't read my reports on Jason Kills Bugs

Bots sometimes freeze in place at the front door to a cabin, once they freeze, they will never move for the rest of the game unless jason harms them or grabs them.
Bots also hide in hiding spots such as closets and outhouses when I am decently far from them, and they are completely unable to exit the hiding spots for the rest of the game, resulting in a boring and long match, waiting to get rage, only to reveal that they are glitched in a hiding spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bots have bugs? STOP THE PRESSES THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A THREAD ON THIS BEFORE

Seriously though, considering all the variables at play I'm pretty shocked that the bots work as well as they do. They're not perfect, but they're a welcome addition to the game.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, m3ga_monk3y.cfg said:

Posting here too because from experience they don't read my reports on Jason Kills Bugs

Bots sometimes freeze in place at the front door to a cabin, once they freeze, they will never move for the rest of the game unless jason harms them or grabs them.
Bots also hide in hiding spots such as closets and outhouses when I am decently far from them, and they are completely unable to exit the hiding spots for the rest of the game, resulting in a boring and long match, waiting to get rage, only to reveal that they are glitched in a hiding spot.

The Jarvis house in specific seems to have an issue/bug where the bots just stand there where they spawn… ultimately doing nothing. I stay away from that map when I play offline bots seriously. If I want to try something where it makes it easier that the bots aren’t moving, then that’s the only reason I’d choose that map. 

But I agree with what you’re saying. Sometimes they just stand there until you attack them. That’s where I usually throw a throwing knife and that usually lets them begin moving. 

The hiding thing is very stupid, I agree lol. What I’ve found out is that when you break the power boxes and the camp or certain parts of the camp are submerged in darkness — that’s the cue the bots in that area have to just go hide. That’s why I never break generators in offline play if I’m playing seriously. Even if the power is on at the end of the game when I’m down to the last counselor, they’re almost always hiding. I’m actually shocked and happy when they aren’t. Even when the cops are called, usually they’ll just wait it out in their hiding spot and almost never come out to go to the cops. 

There’s also this weird glitch with the closets I saw with every bot who hid in this one offline match: 

3406465-C-49-D5-4-DC7-94-FD-152-CAE27074

But anyway, the bots aren’t supposed to be really good anyway. They’re bots, and I’ve actually been surprised how they could start the car in under 1 minute of the match starting (despite their terrible driving which takes them almost nowhere) and how they could repair the phone box before I morphed to the phone box (and that’s my first morph in the match!) The bots aren’t really supposed to be that challenging, but it’s a nice thing they added. It’s more so used to test things out, practice, or just play if you don’t want to deal with the salt in QP or want to be Jason all the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has really gotten aggravating. Sure, the bots were always dumb as bricks, but this standing around/hiding indefinitely crap ramped up a couple updates ago and hasn't been addressed (nor do I expect it to). When I get down to the last counselor, and it's clear it's a hider who isn't coming out, I go to cabins I haven't been to yet looking for opened windows/locked doors, and can generally find them before rage. But, a buddy and me were "racing" the other night, in that we started a bots session at the same time to see who could kill everyone first (fun way to play!). And both of us ran into the hiders at pretty well the same time. Though we both found them and finished the round, we both agreed is just isn't fun. We avoid the Jarvis map completely now and usually Pinehurst as well. If isn't soulless bots crawling under a bed to spend eternity, it's them standing around indefinitely waiting to die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a perfect quick play simulation to be honest. Bunch of bots standing around the whole match while only one objective gets pushed while some asshat hides in a closet.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, sometimes Bots freeze near doors sometimes. Also,  Bots go into a hiding spot and never come out. And they can have anywhere from 2 to 12 pocket knives, 1 to 4 shotguns, and about 10,000,000 firecrackers per match.

But, look on the bright side. 
Bots cannot drive worth a damn. Unless your morph and shift are both recharging. Then they are Indy 500 Champs.
Bots don't complete objectives. Except every once in a while, when they've got the phone call and a car running before your first morph recharge. 
Plus, Tommy DGAF Jarvis will straight up murder the other bots for you, so there's that.
And Bots are just as likely to commit suicide as stick around and play out the match.

So, yeah, it's basically just like a Quick Play lobby without all the dancing and racist voice chat. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2019 at 12:45 AM, FridayThe31st said:

The Jarvis house in specific seems to have an issue/bug where the bots just stand there where they spawn… ultimately doing nothing. I stay away from that map when I play offline bots seriously. If I want to try something where it makes it easier that the bots aren’t moving, then that’s the only reason I’d choose that map. 

But I agree with what you’re saying. Sometimes they just stand there until you attack them. That’s where I usually throw a throwing knife and that usually lets them begin moving. 

The hiding thing is very stupid, I agree lol. What I’ve found out is that when you break the power boxes and the camp or certain parts of the camp are submerged in darkness — that’s the cue the bots in that area have to just go hide. That’s why I never break generators in offline play if I’m playing seriously. Even if the power is on at the end of the game when I’m down to the last counselor, they’re almost always hiding. I’m actually shocked and happy when they aren’t. Even when the cops are called, usually they’ll just wait it out in their hiding spot and almost never come out to go to the cops. 

There’s also this weird glitch with the closets I saw with every bot who hid in this one offline match: 

3406465-C-49-D5-4-DC7-94-FD-152-CAE27074

But anyway, the bots aren’t supposed to be really good anyway. They’re bots, and I’ve actually been surprised how they could start the car in under 1 minute of the match starting (despite their terrible driving which takes them almost nowhere) and how they could repair the phone box before I morphed to the phone box (and that’s my first morph in the match!) The bots aren’t really supposed to be that challenging, but it’s a nice thing they added. It’s more so used to test things out, practice, or just play if you don’t want to deal with the salt in QP or want to be Jason all the time. 

I do the same. I never break generators, I just like the look of the camp with the lights on, I actually try to position myself/Jason to be on a good angle where a light is shining in a good angle. Kills in houses look terrible when there is no light.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Quinn FTW said:

Yes, sometimes Bots freeze near doors sometimes. Also,  Bots go into a hiding spot and never come out. And they can have anywhere from 2 to 12 pocket knives, 1 to 4 shotguns, and about 10,000,000 firecrackers per match.

But, look on the bright side. 
Bots cannot drive worth a damn. Unless your morph and shift are both recharging. Then they are Indy 500 Champs.
Bots don't complete objectives. Except every once in a while, when they've got the phone call and a car running before your first morph recharge. 
Plus, Tommy DGAF Jarvis will straight up murder the other bots for you, so there's that.
And Bots are just as likely to commit suicide as stick around and play out the match.

So, yeah, it's basically just like a Quick Play lobby without all the dancing and racist voice chat. 

Bots have a glitch which I haven't got a clue if it still lurks around the Camp. Y'know how bots throw firecrackers RIGHT before you grab them? They still throw it even if they're not in the animation anyway. And in the grabbed animation, they're facing you, so they throw it behind you. If they had a utility knife and break out of your grasp with it, you stagger backwards in the knife stun animation, and you stagger into the radius of the firecrackers. Your FOV stuffs up like there's some invisible wall around near you, and when you stagger into the firecracker radius, it straight up CANCELS the use of their pocket knife. You go to grab them again and surprise they have another one. I'm pretty sure this is a bug anyway because I wouldn't expect bots to get 2 knives. Especially since this has happened in EASY bots mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AND MOST OF ALL JUST FIX THE GRAPHICS WITH THE ANTI ALIASING AND EVERYTHING LOL. Just make everything look like it did when it came out. :( I miss it so damn much.

Or at least give us a build with the old graphics but add offline bots to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I realize that people like me who play exclusively offline are second-class citizens but I'd like to think that they'd take the fact that we've lost an entire map in Jarvis House at least somewhat seriously .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PsychoHippie said:

Yeah, I realize that people like me who play exclusively offline are second-class citizens but I'd like to think that they'd take the fact that we've lost an entire map in Jarvis House at least somewhat seriously .

A lot of people are hoping the next update will fix that. We'll have to wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...