This post will definitely get some feedback both good and bad (agree and disagree) but I want to state my like of this game. Despite it's flaws and glitches, I LOVE playing. It has a good mix of fun and suspense.  It is MY speed as I am not a huge gamer and not nearly a pro at it either.  Regarding all the posts: There are enough posts of the positive kind and negative kind like ANY other good game. I can read 100 posts about Jason being too strong once in RAGE and 100 posts about he is too easy to kill. The game offers something for everyone.  I say chill a bit and have fun with it.

We need to stop saying that it is a FACT that Jason is too easy to kill. No, it isn't. A fact would be that Jason CAN be killed. Or, it could be a fact that some are better than others at killing him. I certainly can't kill him easily as I'm still an amateur. Especially when playing as a counselor.  A psychotic killer who kills nearly everyone in the movies  is too powerful at times?! Really?  Think about it the other way: we'd get bored after a week of playing if he wasn't powerful.

Many posts on both sides of an issue isn't anything new, I just find the game great for my liking and think we need to just enjoy it for what it is.

Thanks and good hunting! 

• Like 1

Work with a kill squad for one night and just see the success rate at 90%. I can team up with 2 other friends and we will kill jason almost every game. And the more people you get the easier it becomes. Get a lobby of 6 all counselor preferred on, call tommy, go gangbang Jason for the mask, get tommy with an axe, sweater, and Jason is most likely dead. Anyone that doesn’t think the kill is too easy hasn’t worked with a decent kill squad. 

1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

Anyone that doesn’t think the kill is too easy hasn’t worked with a decent kill squad. 

The fact of the matter is, you don’t have to work with a kill squad. Most of the kills I’ve pulled off or been part of happened just by meeting up with one other random that wanted to kill Jason. 

• Like 1

There shouldn't be "kill squads" PERIOD.  Thats been a problem since probably the 2nd patch.   Human's shouldn't hunt the zombie  killer.    Watch the movies if you're gonna base a game off the movie.   Jason is very easy to kill for a coordinated group of at least 3-4 experienced players.    Obviously chances of getting killed are less in a crappy noob lobby.  The fact is Jason is defenseless against a good crew of people hitting all objectives.   It doesn't take much to damask him when he's surrounded by sluggers (who do more damage with a fucking bat  than Jason does with his weapons).    Jason's defense is atrocious.  Hasn't been fixed yet.  The only way to really counterbalance it is to give him his Force Grab back so you can do a quick animation kill and that will leave the Counselors eventually breaking up the "kill".  But even his grab was messed with to now he lunges like an old slow woman. 

Rage helps a bit but by the time you get there,  you'll blood pressure will already be through the roof by sluggers with bats knocking you down with ONE HIT and chasing roided by Vanessas around the map. 

On the flip side though,  QP noob lobbies to where its too easy as Jason.  There needs to be happy medium somewhere.  So far, this game hasn't provided one.   Its either "too easy" as Jason against QP noobs or just too difficult against a quality kill squad lobby knocking your wee wee into the dirt with bats and driving you crazy  because the grab, defense mechanics for Jason are so SCREWED UP and its easy for veterans to exploit Jason's weaknesses. 

But nothing will ever be done about it anyways.  Nothing has been done in over 6 months. LOL     I'll play a few matches just to get my "F13 fix" but after a few matches, I just have to shake my head.  I just play for a little fun now as Ive gotten all my tapes and almost all the badges.    But whatever next slasher game that comes out, HOPEFULLY there is a happy medium in there somewhere to make it "Fun, Challenging.  A healthy dose of both.  , Not "Im gonna rip all the hair out of my head if I keep getting knocked to the ground by one swing of a bat  or just fall asleep from boredom playing noobs just running around like a chicken with their head cut off  challenging"    A Happy Medium is the key.  An equal dose of challenge for both the counselors and killer. 

1 hour ago, DorianRo said:

There shouldn't be "kill squads" PERIOD.  Thats been a problem since probably the 2nd patch.   Human's shouldn't hunt the zombie  killer.    Watch the movies if you're gonna base a game off the movie.   Jason is very easy to kill for a coordinated group of at least 3-4 experienced players.    Obviously chances of getting killed are less in a crappy noob lobby.  The fact is Jason is defenseless against a good crew of people hitting all objectives.   It doesn't take much to damask him when he's surrounded by sluggers (who do more damage with a fucking bat  than Jason does with his weapons).    Jason's defense is atrocious.  Hasn't been fixed yet.  The only way to really counterbalance it is to give him his Force Grab back so you can do a quick animation kill and that will leave the Counselors eventually breaking up the "kill".  But even his grab was messed with to now he lunges like an old slow woman. 

Rage helps a bit but by the time you get there,  you'll blood pressure will already be through the roof by sluggers with bats knocking you down with ONE HIT and chasing roided by Vanessas around the map. 

On the flip side though,  QP noob lobbies to where its too easy as Jason.  There needs to be happy medium somewhere.  So far, this game hasn't provided one.   Its either "too easy" as Jason against QP noobs or just too difficult against a quality kill squad lobby knocking your wee wee into the dirt with bats and driving you crazy  because the grab, defense mechanics for Jason are so SCREWED UP and its easy for veterans to exploit Jason's weaknesses. 

But nothing will ever be done about it anyways.  Nothing has been done in over 6 months. LOL     I'll play a few matches just to get my "F13 fix" but after a few matches, I just have to shake my head.  I just play for a little fun now as Ive gotten all my tapes and almost all the badges.    But whatever next slasher game that comes out, HOPEFULLY there is a happy medium in there somewhere to make it "Fun, Challenging.  A healthy dose of both.  , Not "Im gonna rip all the hair out of my head if I keep getting knocked to the ground by one swing of a bat  or just fall asleep from boredom playing noobs just running around like a chicken with their head cut off  challenging"    A Happy Medium is the key.  An equal dose of challenge for both the counselors and killer. 

I'm sorry but if they're getting your mask off with bats then the game mechanics aren't the problem. You can't expect to casually play Jason every so often to "get your fix" without getting a beat down by people that play regularly...

@45 RPM, a great many people enjoy the game similar to yourself, regardless of the bugs and/or balance issues. You make a good point about the ease or difficulty of killing Jason being in the perspective of the individual.

@Dragonfire82877, it's fun to make a spur of the moment kill of Jason with a random person who has yet to see it happen. The joy when they make the kill is priceless.

@DorianRo, kill squads exist in this game because of the mindset of those players, and the tools available to them.

A "happy medium" in this game is a subjective concept. There are those in this game who are having fun and feel challenged enough. There are those that don't feel there is enough fun or challenge. At this point, I don't feel this game will ever be completely pleasing to everyone at the same time. Make one change, and some people will be happy while others won't. The best we can hope for is making the majority being happy, if that's possible.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

The fact of the matter is, you don’t have to work with a kill squad. Most of the kills I’ve pulled off or been part of happened just by meeting up with one other random that wanted to kill Jason. 

The only things that stop a Jason kill from even a halfway competent group of counselors are the following:

1. a clueless and/or Jason-teaming Tommy

2. a teaming sweater girl

3. everything goes perfectly but Jason doesn't drop to his knees

Outside of these three, the kill on Jason is pretty damn easy, even with a group of randoms.

7 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

The only things that stop a Jason kill from even a halfway competent group of counselors are the following:

1. a clueless and/or Jason-teaming Tommy

2. a teaming sweater girl

3. everything goes perfectly but Jason doesn't drop to his knees

Outside of these three, the kill on Jason is pretty damn easy, even with a group of randoms.

Only against a stupid Jason...

i love friday the 13th the game. even with its flaws. everytime i put on some friday the 13th the game, i know im in for some serious jason action.

its been well over a year since i started playing & its still as fun as when i first picked it up. so many great moments. playing with a group of friends is really what keeps it fresh for me. it also makes the game much easier when the communication is there. playing alone is alot of fun too. anything to make you feel more hopeless gives you a better experiance in my opinion. you might just die suddenly, or ya might pull off a hard fought victory. i love running up on a random player outta nowhere & helping them out of a deadly situation. i love waiting around as jason in stalk with my jason vision beamin on that little red guy in the distance making their way closer & closer to the cabin im hiding in. while they climb in the window, i can barely contain my glee. i love being the last one alive with jason giving chase & SOME HOW getting the car started again against all odds and burning the fuck out. i love how action packed a chase from cabin to cabin can be as the darkness sets in. i love popping up outta nowhere & scaring the shit outta people. i love throwing a knife & hitting one combat happy brat then turning 180 degrees toward the fast foot steps i hear coming up quick from behind & grabbing the other bat weilding brat dead in their tracks. so much to love. ive really let this get out of hand. this whole love thing.. but anyways..

its an all around great game, horror fan or not. the concept is top shelf. the best thing theyve done with jason voorhees in years. it may be the greatest thing ever done with the licence if the stupid ass lawsuit didnt butt in. hey guys quit doing our licence justice please, thanks. i think thats what they said.. its not perfect, but for what it is id say they did a great job.

lets put it this way: for the first & most likely only time in my life im on an internet forum nerding out about a video game i like... thats how much i love it.

• Like 1

This is a solid reason why I play solo and without a headset. I prefer the randomNess of making my way around the map and attempting to achieve objectives,  either by chance or plan. The few times I actually did kill Jason were usually pure luck. Cheers and game on, my friends 

Yea that Jason was pretty bad but regardless if you have 2 years experience of using Jason and at a level 150,  you're gonna go down against a competent, experienced lobby. 

1 hour ago, DorianRo said:

Yea that Jason was pretty bad but regardless if you have 2 years experience of using Jason and at a level 150,  you're gonna go down against a competent, experienced lobby. 

My point is that it IS, in fact, easy to kill Jason. Yes, this Jason kinda sucked, but even highly-skilled Jasons can usually be killed with little trouble.

10 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

My point is that it IS, in fact, easy to kill Jason. Yes, this Jason kinda sucked, but even highly-skilled Jasons can usually be killed with little trouble.

More often than not it will come down to objective control. Whoever gets to the box first has the upper hand. I won't stand there and camp the power box but I'm not ashamed to admit that I've triple trapped the box before to avoid the axe...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

More often than not it will come down to objective control. Whoever gets to the box first has the upper hand. I won't stand there and camp the power box but I'm not ashamed to admit that I've triple trapped the box before to avoid the axe...

Tonight, I played with the same two friends that I've mentioned here before. We killed Jason almost every single round (provided one of us was Tommy and our designated sweater-girl got away with the sweater. The two of us spawned in, immediately grabbed axes and machetes, and bee-lined it right for Jason. Hell, we killed this same p5 Jason twice in a row, the second time in less than 6 minutes.

But I noticed something I hadn't paid much attention to until now: If the generator powering the Tommy cabin was broken, 90% of the time, the kill never happened. Jason would bear-trap it at the start of the round and all of our attempts to fix it and call Tommy were foiled. Even after silently disarming the trap, he'd sometimes just show up by surprise and since all of us were using non-repair counselors, even without the trap we still never succeeded. 

It gave me an idea for a new tactic that involves trapping only the gas tank on cars. That way you know immediately that any electrical sound cues are coming from the generator.

With some intelligence, skills with the combat system, and knowledge on how to avoid shotguns..... You’d wreck a lot of kill squads. The more skilled kill squads are the problem. The ones that participates in league matches. Honestly if Jason can get a boost in HP by 75% at the least for all variants, even skilled kill squads will have a very hard time facing a Jason player that knows what they’re doing. Kill Squads are human too, they make mistakes. Be good in exploiting those. To make me a better player, I just need to know how much damage does Tommy Jarvis do with a heavy machete hit and light machete hit, If I can figure that out that will help tremendously. Also how much damage does blocking reduce.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Tonight, I played with the same two friends that I've mentioned here before. We killed Jason almost every single round (provided one of us was Tommy and our designated sweater-girl got away with the sweater. The two of us spawned in, immediately grabbed axes and machetes, and bee-lined it right for Jason. Hell, we killed this same p5 Jason twice in a row, the second time in less than 6 minutes.

But I noticed something I hadn't paid much attention to until now: If the generator powering the Tommy cabin was broken, 90% of the time, the kill never happened. Jason would bear-trap it at the start of the round and all of our attempts to fix it and call Tommy were foiled. Even after silently disarming the trap, he'd sometimes just show up by surprise and since all of us were using non-repair counselors, even without the trap we still never succeeded. 

It gave me an idea for a new tactic that involves trapping only the gas tank on cars. That way you know immediately that any electrical sound cues are coming from the generator.

That's not a bad idea I guess. What I do is just always keep in mind which direction the box is and go check on it every time I see noise pings in that general direction. Between that and the trap (don't forget to check the map) I usually Don't have any problem Preventing the call.

@Seraphic King the damage from 10 strength (Tommy or Buggzy) depends on perks. With no perks a heavy attack from a machete that doesn't stun does 75 damage. A heavy hit from an axe that doesn't stun is 65. A non stunning heavy attack from a fire poker is 50. Light attacks are half that. Block damage from a light attack is 3-5. Figure about double for a heavy. Stun damage from a light and heavy attack is about equal to block damage.  With the right perks you can get up to 100 damage from a heavy attack that doesn't stun. Base defense Jasons have 100 hp. -defense and -hitpoints Jasons have 85 hp. With a good one hit build I can just barely get enough extra damage to one hit demask a -defense/-hp Jason with a fire poker.

Edited by Somethin Cool
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Seraphic King said:

@HaHaTrumpWon

you don’t have to do that. The car battery mess up noise and the PowerBox mess up noise are different.

Really? I never noticed a difference, but then again until recently I'd been playing on an old TV.

@Seraphic King I re-edited my damage values from 10 strength counselors. I was basing values off of old notes. Those are correct values now. I also added fire poker damage values

@Somethin Cool

The axe cannot do 65 damage. Me and my friends was in a pub lobby, we stunned Jason then as Tommy I hit him with the ave (heavy hits), no stun. 3 times. Mask never went off. We even shot him prior. Still nothing. Maybe I didn’t do it right 😂

12 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

@Somethin Cool

The axe cannot do 65 damage. Me and my friends was in a pub lobby, we stunned Jason then as Tommy I hit him with the ave (heavy hits), no stun. 3 times. Mask never went off. We even shot him prior. Still nothing. Maybe I didn’t do it right 😂

You didn't do it right. If you were trying to do wake up hits then you were hitting Jason too soon.