Seraphic King

Objective Control; not all about traps 💯

Trapping can help with objective control and what traps really do is alert you when something is being worked on and save you time ( if you place them effectively). Objective control is all about the player, if the player uses the Jason variants strengths to make up for the weaknesses. As part IV especially, if don’t know how to use his -shift to stop cars you’re not going to do well with him. If you got a -traps Jason, learn how to use his strengths and neutral strengths to make up for the lack of traps 💯

I agree, it isn’t all about traps. You also have to watch the sound bubbles, make use of unexpected morph points to keep an eye out while setting the board, push Counselors off obj. in an efficient way and sometimes completely ignore one (the boat or two seater), to guard the other three. (Phone, four seater, and before anyone asks what the third is, Sweater.)

PS. There’s a fifth obj. to, the Radio but I rarely guard it.

Theres no point in QP on the PS4.   Its a bunch of idiots running around not going for objectives, noobs, 5 year old kids.  I used to be meticulous with trapping (Double trapping phones and trapping the battery and drivers side door  objectives etc.  but finally realized big deal!!!.  They aint gonna do shit anyways. LOL .  Run around, find trap glitches and just dance Or they just run around in groups looking to burn the witch at the stake. 

Traps are also good for trading damage or a pk for accomplishing objectives. But yeah if you're spatially aware of where the noise pings are coming from you don't really "need" them. When I get a -traps Jason I trap the Tommy box and the phone and patrol the cars.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the masterclass illuminating seasoned players how to play. No. Traps are the objective controller. Many 150 players still run Part 2  just for traps when he is otherwise not very good and with garbage Shift. Every objective comes at a cost even if Jason isn’t there to chase or attack counselors. With traps Jason can pressure the gameplay even when he’s not in the area. When there is a trap at an objective, the counselor has to make a decision to tank, get someone else, use a PK, or just forget it. Play against a lobby of seasones counselors without trapping objectives and see how long your theory last. The police will be called in minutes while the car is starting and someone is grabbing the sweater. Any objective left untrapped is a free match for seasoned players. We will find every PK and use them on a phone trap or car objective, especially if one is trapped and the other isn’t. If not a PK it will be tanked while we heal ourselves like it’s nothing. As a backer/150/OG player, the only thing preventing me from escaping is a well-placed trap and a Jason that can immediately follow-up on it being triggered. A Shift+ Jason with Rage? Yawn. A Destruction+ Jason with the machete? Yawn. A bloody Part 2 with the pig splitter that trapped every objective? And can Morph back and forth in 10 seconds? We’re screwed. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Seraphic King said:

@BeautyNumber2

Never said traps weren’t needed. All I said was that objective control isn’t only about trapping. And I’d like to play your team as my Part IV.

Don't waste your time. The only guarantee here is that anyone that has to brag up being a level 150 day one player is usually trash. If you're ever on PS4 I've got a team that'll give you a challenge. 

😎

i agree. i use 3 trap jasons alot & i do just fine. its more about keeping an eye on sound waves & bouncing around. if ya havent checked in on an objective in a while, drop in to smooth things out 😅