GHERBEARRULES

Why was the injured model changed when Retro Jason came out?

So, I'm not sure if I'm the only one who noticed, but when Retro Jason came out on June 20 2017, the injured model was changed. Don't see a difference? Well during the Beta and the first month of the game, when you were injured, you were slouched over completely looking at the ground and the arm is over your shoulder. When Retro Jason came out, you don't slouch as much and you straight across and not at the ground, and your arm is over your shoulder. Don't believe me? Come look at this...

Here is the current model you all know of...

https://youtu.be/a0ZCmHZsFjQ

And here is the one that was in the beta and before retro jason was here...

https://youtu.be/i1JEsKH4Kao

Now do you see a difference? All I wanna know is, why was that changed for whatever reason? To be honest, the old one kinda looked more realistic as you are completely slouching over. 

• Like 1

The game was so much darker and menacing and overall better  back then.    To go forward its better to go reverse in terms of this game. 

Yeah that is true. When retro jason came out he slashed me then i looked at my character and im just like, "wait that doesnt look right" i thought it was just me but i literally looked at my game clips from before retro jason was out and i was like "wait a second, why did they change the model it was so much more realistic"...

• Like 1

Interesting find. I started playing June 10th according to my screenshots, and I do have a few of the old limping animation.

1f0YHRH.jpg

YKlFJ8o.jpg

It's such a small change. Here is what it looks like now, what pretty much everybody is used to. You wouldn't know unless you compared the two.

oe8qv6V.jpg

This is a little detail I never noticed. Guess that makes since, given how the original animation was there for less than a month, and we've had the other one for over two years.

While we're at it, I still remember retro Jason was supposed to be launched with his own unique kills. 😅 But hey, at least the fuse and other items don't glitch in the ground anymore. Among many other changes...

Another random change like when they removed the extra moving animations and door animations in beta.

The game still really isn't all that optimized for weaker/even average machines, so they probably continued to cut out or change them.