I was watching YouTube and I came across this one channel which makes various Friday the 13th game videos, and I realized that they were doing something in their videos that I never really saw anybody use before. When Jason shifted and tried to go for a shift, instead of running away in zigzags or turning around in different directions, the counselor went into combat stance and as soon as the static ended they attacked and every time, they were able to stun Jason before he could get them. I wasn’t exactly sure if he was trying to do a  shift-grab or whatnot, but whatever he was trying to do, as soon as he came out of the shift the counselor was able to hit him and successfully stun him. It mainly worked because while in combat stance it allows you to focus on a single person, and that way as soon as Jason got out of the shift it automatically turns you toward him so you can get a hit. I personally never tried this before, but I thought it was something worth sharing. 

Feel free to tell me if people already do this, and if it works every time and whatnot.

On 9/25/2019 at 11:29 AM, FridayThe31st said:

I was watching YouTube and I came across this one channel which makes various Friday the 13th game videos, and I realized that they were doing something in their videos that I never really saw anybody use before. When Jason shifted and tried to go for a shift, instead of running away in zigzags or turning around in different directions, the counselor went into combat stance and as soon as the static ended they attacked and every time, they were able to stun Jason before he could get them. I wasn’t exactly sure if he was trying to do a  shift-grab or whatnot, but whatever he was trying to do, as soon as he came out of the shift the counselor was able to hit him and successfully stun him. It mainly worked because while in combat stance it allows you to focus on a single person, and that way as soon as Jason got out of the shift it automatically turns you toward him so you can get a hit. I personally never tried this before, but I thought it was something worth sharing. 

Feel free to tell me if people already do this, and if it works every time and whatnot.

That's called shift batting and it won't work on good Jason's because they'd be expecting it. If Jason exits shift with a throwing knife for example, your hit animation would be reset giving him time to grab. Or just exiting shift a bit early, hitting you with a knife and grabbing you before you can exit combat stance.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Takes some practice but people can do it reliably. I prefer to cover some ground unless it’s not an option. 

I was one of the last two survivors in a match in Pinehurst with part 5 Jason. He was level 150 and pretty good because he wiped out everybody else. He decided to go after me instead of the other girl who was left probably because I had the sweater (Tommy was dead though). I was playing as Tiffany and I was going cabin from cabin, but since he was in rage mode I stayed away from stunning him apart from using the sweater. Whenever he shifted I made sure to dodge it until it began nearing the end of the timer. As soon as I got the static effect I went into combat stance and swung when I thought it was right (I had a machete) and I actually got him, I was able to stun him because I got his mask off. I ended up surviving that match, but I do agree with what you and @Somethin Cool said.

• Like 1