Jump to content
XPneedquicker

How I fight against Kill Squad when I'm Jason 

Recommended Posts

I play on a PC and I am on an us server.

I'm playing with part 3, Jason, Machette, or the Spear weapon.

Most users play Vanessa, killing Jason and using a thick-skinned medic and swift attacker.

They attack me with all their might.

I stopped their attack and hit it. But they attacked me as a swift attacker, and I was damaged by HP, and I peeled off the mask repeatedly, and if Tommy had called, I'd die.

In some cases, you can't hang up Tommy's phone and call him. But sometimes. I need some advice on how to fight Kill Squad effectively.

Edited by XPneedquicker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Prevent tommy call. Go for the power box you think you need to cut immediately. Don’t even pick up knives in shack. Get them later. Learn the power box location on all maps and get familiar where it will most likely spawn. It takes luck and knowledge. Won’t happen every single game but most games I can prevent the call. Without tommy, they can’t get the kill 

2. If there’s a suspected kill squad, after trapping power box if you successfully get it break all doors in tommy radio house. Start collecting knives to. Then go trap the phone. And trap cars if you wish. But usually kill squads don’t repair cars and will just try and gangbang Jason together. 

3. If they pop trap at the power box. Don’t got for the power box. I learned my lesson the hard way. A counselor stood right in front of the power box and I couldn’t break the box. I had to slash them to death then break it. By that time it was too late and tommy was called. I learned..... go for the caller instead. So stalk-morph to the tommy house and shift in on the caller. They don’t expect you to go for the caller. They expect you to go for the box. Always do the unexpected. This is also why it’s important you break doors at tommy house. 

4. If they manage to call tommy. Always keep an eye on your moms sweater.... I like to morph to the shack and use stalk and just stand inside there and wait for the kill group to arrive. Typically the sweater girl goes in first. Surprise attack her. If you manage to take all their knives earlier game she shouldn’t have a Pk so in this case grab. Otherwise slash. 

5. If it comes down to it and you got sweater girl and tommy (with an axe) together and even other counselors helping them collect as many knives as you can. I can’t stress enough throwing knives are one of Jason’s most useful tools when handling fights against groups. Never ever go full head on and slash them. Your mask will fall off in this case. So when you fight quick toss throwing knives at them and be sure to aim mainly for sweater girl and tommy. Deteriorate their health with knives, then shift slash them. If they all charge at you hold block and let weapons break. Broken weapons means less counselors with weapons and it will make the fight a bit easier. Using the spear is also a very good weapon to use in fights. You can punish missed swings easier with it. But be careful doing this and try not to get hit. 

6. Don’t get hit with a machete or axe from a high strength counselor especially..... also avoid shotguns at all costs. This is a big challenge because Jason’s mask hp is very low and all it can take is 1 hit out of block to de mask Jason, then he’s most likely dead. 

7. Pick part 3 jason all day if you see a kill squad in lobby. This is the best Jason to go against a kill squad hands down. 

Hope this helps you.

As jason I’ve probably died at least 10 or so times. Each and every time I got an axe in my head I learned something new from it and managed to get better at learning how to defend myself from getting killed. I hope you do the same and good luck. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1: Trap the shack. Some people may claim that it doesn't work or is of no benefit but they are WRONG. Refer to this video if you need help (actually, just watch everything on his channel. You'll thank me later).

2: DO NOT GRAB IF COUNSELORS ARE GROUPED TOGETHER (if they are trying to kill you, they most likely will be). Grabbing in a group does two things,  and neither of them are going to benefit you: 

A] It provides counselors an easy opportunity to hit you and force you to drop whoever you grabbed.

B] It helps ensure one of their own comes back as Tommy. I play with two other friends quite a bit and if Jason grabs either of us, the other one will stand right there and watch him/her get killed. It's a bait tactic, pure and simple. Don't take it. If a counselor seems to be trying to get grabbed (I.E. repeated tea-bagging even after your up, running in circles around you, dancing with no attempt to run if you come close, etc...) leave them alone and go kill somebody else. You can come back to the bait counselor later after you've made sure they won't return as Tommy.

3: Anything that has an animation attached to it can give counselors an opportunity for what's called the "Indefensible hit", which is basically just being heavy-attacked via Combat Stance the moment you come out of, or during, an animation (such as a grab kill, PK stun, etc...) If counselors are close to you, do not break down doors, place traps, grab knives, or break generators. 

4: Don't stand still and go shot-for-shot with counselors. A high-strength counselor with an axe or machete will demask you long before you kill him, and if he's just standing there attacking it's probably in the hopes of breaking your mask, getting killed, and then coming back as Tommy. Blocking as Jason is a bit clunky, but it reduces damage taken. A good kill-squad will stop attacking if you start blocking and will work towards baiting you into dropping your guard before they swing. Poor kill-squads will continue stupidly attacking anyway until their weapons break. 

5: Don't get shot if you can help it. Not only does it do a lot of damage, but if your mask breaks and you turn out to be difficult to chase down and sweater-stun, a shotgun will put you down long enough for them to close in and use the sweater as soon as you get up. If you try to Shift, it will probably pull you out of it. If it does, well, better hope Tommys axe/machete breaks. 

6: If you get a trap alert from the shack (or Pamelas alert) turn on Stalk before teleporting back to the shack. Don't ignore it! This has been the death of many Jasons I've played against. Also, be aware that although some counselors are clever enough to bear-trap the inside of the shack in an effort to slow you down or inflict extra damage once you show up, most will grab the sweater and run like hell (provided your mask isn't already off. If it is, they may have no intention of running).

7: If you lose your mask at any point for any reason, assume a kill-attempt is coming unless Tommy is already dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All great tips. I'd add that you should try to keep track of the counselors and who's working together.
• If there are only one or two females in the lobby, try to take them out first. No Sweater Girl, no kill.
• If you can tell there are 3-4 people working together, and 3-4 randoms, take out the randoms first. That lessens their ability to coordinate, as well as the chance one of the group will return as Tommy.
• Be aware of whether Tommy is already back or not. I've gotten whacked a few times because I got the shack alert, morphed over there thinking it was a single person and not realizing Tommy was in the game, and Sweater Girl is there with Tommy. By the time my powers recharge to escape, Tommy one-hits my mask, SG stuns me, and it's all over.
• It can be hard to identify a kill squad the first time you jump into a new lobby, so if you get a round or two as a counselor and realize that's what they're doing then be ready when your turn as Jason comes. Don't even worry about trapping the car or phone. You can worry about those in due time. If you're fortunate enough to smash the right power box early, do break down the doors at the Tommy house and trap them. It might get you a kill or at least alert you  that they're up to something.
• Pay attention to trap placement at the shack. Unless they glitch over it (which is a whole separate discussion of bullshit) they'll have to get rid of a pocket knife to take it out. If you place it wrong, though, they can just step around it. Inch forward just before you exit the shack until the icon lights up to get it as deep into the doorway as possible. Then, if you want, throw a couple more in front of it. Get them to use their resources or damage themselves.
• Always slash and use knives when fighting groups. Never grab unless you're 100 percent certain you have clearance to get off a quick close quarters kill (head punch, throat slit, one of the head crush kills).
• In the same vein, make sure you have one of those quick kills equipped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if they try to circle you up, get the hell outta there soon as you can. if you try to fight a circle of brats, you will take alot of damage. use block in these situations until you can regroup.

i got my ass handed to me the other day cuz i tried chopping the circle jerks up as part 2.. didnt turn out in my favor 😅

then i got another shot at them in the next match, i was jason twice in a row.. of course after i killed tommy & they were hopeless, they left the game! shhhit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I run normal morph vs a kill squad its usually this order for morphing

Tommy Powerbox

Easiest Car to repair Powerbox

Shack/Phonebox depends if someone makes a break for it at the start

Tommy Call house

If you end up at the Tommy house first even if its been locked and somebody is trying to repair the box you are good. Breaking down Tommy's house is dependent on how close you are to it. If it is one small cabin length away, across water, or the Powerbox spawned ontop of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2019 at 2:11 PM, Bonker2468 said:

Never grab unless you're 100 percent certain you have clearance to get off a quick close quarters kill (head punch, throat slit, one of the head crush kills).

You probably shouldn't grab even if you do have the clearance, as it leaves you open to getting hit as soon as the grab-kill animation is finished.

Actually, here's a short Do/Do Not list I've put together. This is based on my own experience, yours may be different.

DO grab Tommy if:

He is ALONE (Alone doesn't mean "There's other counselors here, but they're too far away to reach him", it means "He's pulling a Tom Hanks in Cast Away") Even if you grab him by total surprise, the moment you come out of Shift they're going to know you're there and come running)

You're certain he has lost or already used his PK (and even then, only if he's too far away to be saved by someone). This one is a bit tricky, but if you have already grabbed him earlier OR are willing to take the chance that he's used it (I.E. you trap the shack, then suddenly get an alert from Pamela, Morph over, and see the traps been disarmed and Tommy and SG are inside). Bear in mind that it could just as easily been an extra PK or even SG's and not his, so you're throwing dice on this one. 

Your shack trap goes off and, when you arrive, SG is the one in the trap. In this case, grab Tommy before she gets out of the trap and is able to hit you. Don't grab her because you'll most likely get shot if you do. 

Any time you are lucky enough to encounter Tommy before he joins up with the kill squad. You'll probably got PK'ed but since he's alone, he'll probably grab his shotgun (or other weapon if he swapped already) and run to the group rather than hang around and risk getting grabbed/slashed with nobody nearby to help.

DO NOT grab Tommy if:

Other counselors are close enough to save him.

He begins baiting you into grabbing him, even if the other counselors aren't making an effort to save him. He's probably trying to get grabbed so he can heavy attack you as soon as the stun is over. Even if this isn't the case, he might be trying to make you grab and miss so he can get a free shot, or trying to get grabbed so a teammate can cheap-shot you. 

 

If you keep trying to grab even after getting knocked on your ass a few times because of it, you're going to get demasked, you're going to get killed, and you're going to deserve it. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually did pretty good against a kill squad today.  So there was a Tiffany who was just kinda there, following the others around, then there was a Fox who was level 150 and definitely knew what she was doing, then there was Tommy kinda just following Fox  over to the shack. Tommy was the one to step in the trap while Fox tried to keep me away from there. She was able to get the sweater only because I didn’t want to get near them in a confined space since Tommy had an axe and Fox also had a weapon of some kind. My mask was still on so I took the chance to step farther away from them. I  threw a quick throwing knife at Tommy, struck him and injured him. Then I did it again trying to aim at Tommy but I got Fox instead. I turned around to gather more throwing knives when I spotted Tommy getting into the driver of the 2 seater and Tiffany getting into the passenger seat. See this is where they screwed up, and made it easier for me. When I came closer Tommy suddenly got out of the car and I stepped away again, shifting and grabbing Tommy. Fox immediately helped him, but then I went back and repeated my actions, shifting and grabbing Fox - which  I got lucky for grabbing since the 3 of them were bunched together. Tommy didn’t help her and Tiffany was too late. That player immediately left after I killed them (some high level players think they’re un-defeatable as a counselor that they can’t take it when they’re finally killed. There was a Vanessa player who had been kiting other Jasons in the previous matches that when I  was finally Jason 2 minutes into the match instead of running away she tried to take a hit on me but I grabbed her before she could get the hit, only to have her quit lol. In that match alone at least three counselors quit upon me grabbing them because their game of either running around a table or dancing didn’t quite go their way lol). Anyway after that Tommy was easy to kill obviously since he had been injured and had used his spray on the trap by the shack (that’s why I run the medic perk!) and then killing Tiffany was fun because she put up a chase until I got her injured and had no sprays left. 

The tips for kill squads people gave above are great tips to follow when you do come across a kill squad (nowadays so many people go for a Jason kill rather than an easy escape - I must say I’m also guilty of this *sometimes*, like when I feel I can get away with it and the Jason won’t suspect it, that’s not all the time though since there are a lot of good Jason’s, usually more than there are not so good ones), but I think one of the most important tips for facing a kill squad are the throwing knives. Even if you have to morph away go do that and gather as many throwing knives as you can as quickly as you can. Especially if you don’t have your mask and they’re going full on Jason hunter. If you turn on stalk and get a clear view of them they won’t suspect that you will start throwing knives. Make sure to pick one target though, something I kind of messed up on in the story I wrote before. Even though they didn’t get the kill if I would’ve saved that one throwing knife for Tommy I would’ve been more confident going straight up to them and slashing Tommy because he would’ve died then if he didn’t with the hit of my 2nd throwing knife.

Trapping the Tommy house power box is also good but that’s something you have to do fast since a counselor might spawn there and call him upon seeing the radio. Thing is to try to use a Jason with +traps for that job because you also want to pay attention to objectives (even though kill squads usually will ignore objectives just to go for the kill). If you want to also trap objectives make sure you’re using a +traps Jason because even if you aren’t going against a kill squad but you don’t want anybody going into the shack and grabbing the sweater, if you’re playing as say part 4  Jason and you got people completing objects and also the possibility of somebody going into the shack, then you can’t trap everything since you only get 3 traps.

 I mainly use part 8 so I usually don’t  have a problem with running out of traps - I’ve never trapped the Tommy house though since I always grab the 2 throwing knives in the shack and go trap the objectives first. By the time I come across the Tommy house, the doors are locked, so they obviously called for him. You’d be surprised though how many people go into the house, search it & lock the doors and just completely pass up the radio to call for Tommy. I mean,  ??? free XP with the opportunity of a Jason  kill or another person to help you escape? Isn’t that just a given to take your chance before Jason cuts off the power? Even when I was new to this game  upon seeing a radio with a prompt to push a button would only obviously make you wanna use it... lol.

On another note, is it just me or do you panic when you see high level Vanessa players? I’m level 115 so I’m not a low level player or anything like that, and even though I usually can easily clear a lobby despite the levels of the players,  a LOT of experiences I’ve had with high level Vanessa players are always them going to the shack, so that always makes me cautious of them. Mainly because she does make a good option to use for going to the shack and getting the sweater (I do that as Tiffany and am usually just fine though). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FridayThe31st said:

I actually did pretty good against a kill squad today.  So there was a Tiffany who was just kinda there, following the others around, then there was a Fox who was level 150 and definitely knew what she was doing, then there was Tommy kinda just following Fox  over to the shack. Tommy was the one to step in the trap while Fox tried to keep me away from there. She was able to get the sweater only because I didn’t want to get near them in a confined space since Tommy had an axe and Fox also had a weapon of some kind. My mask was still on so I took the chance to step farther away from them. I  threw a quick throwing knife at Tommy, struck him and injured him. Then I did it again trying to aim at Tommy but I got Fox instead. I turned around to gather more throwing knives when I spotted Tommy getting into the driver of the 2 seater and Tiffany getting into the passenger seat. See this is where they screwed up, and made it easier for me. When I came closer Tommy suddenly got out of the car and I stepped away again, shifting and grabbing Tommy. Fox immediately helped him, but then I went back and repeated my actions, shifting and grabbing Fox - which  I got lucky for grabbing since the 3 of them were bunched together. Tommy didn’t help her and Tiffany was too late. That player immediately left after I killed them (some high level players think they’re un-defeatable as a counselor that they can’t take it when they’re finally killed. There was a Vanessa player who had been kiting other Jasons in the previous matches that when I  was finally Jason 2 minutes into the match instead of running away she tried to take a hit on me but I grabbed her before she could get the hit, only to have her quit lol. In that match alone at least three counselors quit upon me grabbing them because their game of either running around a table or dancing didn’t quite go their way lol). Anyway after that Tommy was easy to kill obviously since he had been injured and had used his spray on the trap by the shack (that’s why I run the medic perk!) and then killing Tiffany was fun because she put up a chase until I got her injured and had no sprays left. 

The tips for kill squads people gave above are great tips to follow when you do come across a kill squad (nowadays so many people go for a Jason kill rather than an easy escape - I must say I’m also guilty of this *sometimes*, like when I feel I can get away with it and the Jason won’t suspect it, that’s not all the time though since there are a lot of good Jason’s, usually more than there are not so good ones), but I think one of the most important tips for facing a kill squad are the throwing knives. Even if you have to morph away go do that and gather as many throwing knives as you can as quickly as you can. Especially if you don’t have your mask and they’re going full on Jason hunter. If you turn on stalk and get a clear view of them they won’t suspect that you will start throwing knives. Make sure to pick one target though, something I kind of messed up on in the story I wrote before. Even though they didn’t get the kill if I would’ve saved that one throwing knife for Tommy I would’ve been more confident going straight up to them and slashing Tommy because he would’ve died then if he didn’t with the hit of my 2nd throwing knife.

Trapping the Tommy house power box is also good but that’s something you have to do fast since a counselor might spawn there and call him upon seeing the radio. Thing is to try to use a Jason with +traps for that job because you also want to pay attention to objectives (even though kill squads usually will ignore objectives just to go for the kill). If you want to also trap objectives make sure you’re using a +traps Jason because even if you aren’t going against a kill squad but you don’t want anybody going into the shack and grabbing the sweater, if you’re playing as say part 4  Jason and you got people completing objects and also the possibility of somebody going into the shack, then you can’t trap everything since you only get 3 traps.

 I mainly use part 8 so I usually don’t  have a problem with running out of traps - I’ve never trapped the Tommy house though since I always grab the 2 throwing knives in the shack and go trap the objectives first. By the time I come across the Tommy house, the doors are locked, so they obviously called for him. You’d be surprised though how many people go into the house, search it & lock the doors and just completely pass up the radio to call for Tommy. I mean,  ??? free XP with the opportunity of a Jason  kill or another person to help you escape? Isn’t that just a given to take your chance before Jason cuts off the power? Even when I was new to this game  upon seeing a radio with a prompt to push a button would only obviously make you wanna use it... lol.

On another note, is it just me or do you panic when you see high level Vanessa players? I’m level 115 so I’m not a low level player or anything like that, and even though I usually can easily clear a lobby despite the levels of the players,  a LOT of experiences I’ve had with high level Vanessa players are always them going to the shack, so that always makes me cautious of them. Mainly because she does make a good option to use for going to the shack and getting the sweater (I do that as Tiffany and am usually just fine though). 

I'm a 150, but I do get a bit wary if I join a lobby and it's completely full of 150 Vanessa's. They're the hardest to catch, but they're also the easiest to find. Situations like that are why I prefer someone else be Jason the first couple of rounds.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I'm a 150, but I do get a bit wary if I join a lobby and it's completely full of 150 Vanessa's. They're the hardest to catch, but they're also the easiest to find. Situations like that are why I prefer someone else be Jason the first couple of rounds.

I agree. Also while I do enjoy being Jason I like to see what everybody’s like in the lobby first when somebody else is Jason. In one match I saw one of the Vanessa’s getting the sweater, so it didn’t surprise me that when I was Jason they also attempted it. Most of the time though when I do end up killing those high level Vanessa’s early on in the match — like I mentioned above — a lot of the time they quit while I’m holding them. 😂 It’s funny, and it doesn’t actually frustrate me because in the end  I’m not the one who’s gonna get thrown into the salt mines. 

Anyway, while they are hard to catch I think the Jason’s with good shift do help with that, even though they can counter shift-grabs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...